Birthday Ketchup

Twice Upon A Time

This is a very short Twice fic, dedicated to our ketchup loving black swan with a cross-species of penguin. It's late but ya know the drill. ALSO THE DEFIBRILLATOR TOASTER MAKES AN APPEARANCE!

ENJOY THE STORY GOSHDARNIT!

(No... I'm not forcing you to enjoy. I'm just really excited for sharing this to you guys... I kinda missed writing oneshots.)

(Also this was meant to be posted on Mina's birthday but college made me forget.)

--------------------------------------------

As the girls, Jihyo, and Jeongyeon lured Mina away from the dormitories, the rest of the Twice girls were cooking food and baking a cake with such difficulty.

It was evident that they don't know what they are doing.

The kitchen was a mess.

Flour everywhere, on their faces, hands, shoulders, hair. They looked like frosted donuts in need of a wash. Which was weird because you can never wash donuts.

Sana was trying to decorate a (thin and uneven) one layered cake that they made, her toungue sneaking out the left corner of her lips.

Chaeyoung helping along but for some reason, her artistic skills aren't functioning. Maybe it's because of the stress that anytime, Mina could come barging in with their preparations unfinished.

Tzuyu and Dahyun on the other hand are making sandwiches with their defibrillator toaster, goofing around with eggs, bacon and the bread.

Nayeon was 'fixing' the delievered pizza. In which, was given an unapproved gaze by her younger members. And after 'fixing' it on the dining table, she went in the living room claiming that she was lookout.

That earned a snort from Sana.

Momo on the other hand...

"Momo?" Sana finally noticed a rummaging Momo through the cupboards and cabinets. "What are you looking for?"

And their biggest fear has begun.

As if in slow motion, Momo's fingers started to form into a curve then her arms are about to meet to her middle and as soon as her hands meet to form a circle, Tzuyu mouthed a "no" and Dahyun gaped at the girl in front of them and there it was. The forbidden words spewed out of Momo's mouth;

"The one like this?"

Their world stopped, as the very phrase echoed in the dormitory, in their minds. It was like engraved in their brains with a painful scratching of a blade.

"Mwonjialji?" Momo repeated again.

Then it started.

They all panicked, Sana shouted, "Nayeon!"

Chaeyoung was starting to stress out further, her lines are starting to become uneven, her hands shaking. She mumbled, "No, no, no! Someone assist Momo!"

"HOW?!" Dahyun exaggeratedly shouted, the paddles of the defibrillator toaster was still on top of the bread and is now smoking.

"Someone video call Jeongyeonnie!" Sana shouted in the kitchen.

"We can't! Mina eonnie will notice!" Dahyun said quickly, trying to stop Chaeyoung from getting her phone.

"DAHYUN EONNIE! THE BREAD IS BURNING!" Tzuyu shouted, trying to get Dahyun's attention.

Finally Nayeon's head peaked in the kitchen but as soon as she saw Momo's hand position and Sana's watery gaze, she slowly backed away.

"NAYEONNIE WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!!!" Sana's high pitched voice pierced through the air.

"Lookout!" Nayeon shouted from afar.

Chaeyoung followed the older girl hastily, almost tripping because of the slippers she was wearing. She grabbed Nayeon's arm and pulled her, forcing Nayeon to turn around and face her.

Nayeon gulped as she was face to face with a stressed maknae.

"Nayeon eonnie?!" Chaeyoung's voice cracked.

"I— I can't..." She stuttered. "The only support I can give you, is texting Jeongyeon."

"FINE THEN!" Chaeyoung exclaimed. She also added to hurry up texting and make sure not to send it to their KakaoTalk group chat.

"Oh... Why is this happening? Why did Jeongyeon eonnie go away when we needed her the most?" Chaeyoung whispered under her breath.

The now blonde haired maknae slid through the wooden floor, almost, yet again, tripping on the floor. This time, Chaeyoung's hand fell gently on her cake designing partner;

Her Sana eonnie.

She pulled her best puppy eyes and said:

"Sana eonnie please!" Chaeyoung pleaded. "For Mina eonnie's sake."

Sana looked at the other maknaes.

"For Mina." The two girls, Tzuyu and Dahyun said solemnly.

Sana gulped. "For Mina."

Sana dried her hands on her apron and slowly turned to the oblivious and still looking "for the thing she was looking" for member of the group, Momo.

She drew in a courageous breath, braced herself and walked towards Momo.

"What are you looking for?" Oh, that very sentence that left Sana's beautiful lips rang in the dormitory like a pin drop in the middle of the room.

They all cringed.

And as if in slow motion, Momo moved her hands again, making a circle and the very same words came out yet again,

"The one like this?"

Sana let out a patient yet shaky smile and tried to translate the Momo language.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaos was created.

--------------------------------------------

They were shopping here then there, a few fans notice but they gave her space which is a nice change once in a while. Myoui Mina, the penguin homebody, is a bit ashamed to say it but, she enjoyed being out with her friends. It was a shame that not everyone was available that they had trainings and schedules planned for today.

She didn't mind, but she couldn't wait until the evening for a proper birthday celebration with her members.

"Welp... It's almost lunch time." Jihyo said, elbowing Jeongyeon to tell the other members that they will be returning soon. "We better return home!"

Jeongyeon winced at the pain but through it, she smiled a bit annoyed though but still.

For Mina.

As they walked towards the bus stop, yes they are taking the bus, Jeongyeon pulled out her phone and started texting the girls back at their dorm.

But all was late when she recieved a message from Nayeon to stall. But how?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were already in the bus.

---------------------------------------------

Jeongyeon rushed up to the dormitories discreetly, getting ahead of Mina and Jihyo. Up the stairs and through the halls. She opened the door, chucked her sneakers off her feet, not even minding to fix her shoes.

The first thing she saw was Nayeon who was in the living room, the pizza at the ready, a weird looking cake in the middle, few drinks and the sandwich that they promised were missing. Jeongyeon heard distant arguing? Guessing? She doesn't really know but judging by the traumatized look of Nayeon...

It was bad.

So she rushed through the floor, her socks making her slide through the polished wooden floor. Jeongyeon entered the kitchen and everyone was panicking.

The kitchen was in a horrendous state, it made Jeongyeon's eye twitch but that is not the time for cleaning! Her eyes finally landed on the group that was piled in a corner, and on the corner was Momo trying to communicate with the Momo language.

"Oh no." Jeongyeon gaped.

She clapped her hands, that it pierced through the ears of the kids who were.

Everyone's heads turned towards the sound and found...

"OUR SAVIOUR, JEONGYEON CHRIST?! IS THAT YOU?" Dahyun exaggeratedly screamed, her knees fell onto the floor in front of Jeongyeon, her arms raised and soon wrapped on her Jeongyeon eonnie's legs.

Tzuyu facepalmed, Chaeyoung cheered along with Dahyun's (not so fake) cries, Sana sighed in relief.

Jeongyeon, however, was not amused and pushed Dahyun away. She walked over Dahyun's body and asked,

"What are you looking for?"

"This thing..." Momo said, her hands making the same guestures as before and it only took Jeongyeon a glance to know what she was looking for.

"The ketchup bottle?" Jeongyeon replied in which Momo nodded.

"EEEEHHH?!" Sana gaped as she followed Jeongyeon's trip across the kitchen to open an overhead kitchen cabinet and pull out a bottle of ketchup.

Momo gleefully reached the bottle from Jeongyeon and began squirting the contents onto the omelettes and onto the sandwiches they made. While humming a tune, she drew a penguin and Mina's name in both Korean and Japanese.

"Of course..." Chaeyoung mumbled, tired.

Tzuyu's head hung low, murmuring, "Never again..."

Dahyun however seemed to be knocked out on the floor.

"Uh? Is there something wrong?" 

That sweet and quiet voice snapped them all to reality. Their heads slowly looked up and there she was. In her glory, Myoui Mina confused and besides her was Jihyo gaping at the messy kitchen and at the fatigued looking people. Nayeon was at the said girls' backs and said, "They're here?"

"Nayeonnie, you—!" Tzuyu raised her voice but stopped anyway.

Her efforts of trying to scold Nayeon would go nowhere.


They all looked at each other.

They knew what to do.

They pushed Mina away and out the door.

"Count one to thirty at a hundred twenty beats per minute then come back in here." Sana said as she pushed the door closed.

Mina was about to say something but she was faced with the cold metal automated locking door. She snapped her fingers and smacked her lips together a few times and pouted, her lips were like the beak of ducklings. 

"Guess I'm gonna count one to thirty at a hundred twenty beats per minute." She said, her arms swaying on her sides.

 

 

 

 

 


Thirty counts at a hundred twenty beats per minute later, she opened the door and was welcomed by a dimly lit room and the only light that was present was the candles on an uneven looking cake.

Her friends started singing;

"Happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday dear Minari!

Happy birthday to you!"

Mina smiled, so grateful for her friends...

No...

Her family.

"Make a wish Mina..." Their leader said after singing.

She closed her eyes and wished.

Mina opened her eyes and wished.

She blew the candles on the cake and the lights opened and she saw her friends clearly.

Jihyo, Jeongyeon and surprisingly Nayeon, looked pretty normal but when her eyes glanced over to the rest of the girls, Mina had to stiffle a laugh.

Sana's used to be perfect hair was up and strewn at every single direction there is, almost at least, defying gravity. Tzuyu's eyes were puffy and her face full of flour and icing. Chaeyoung looked like she was going to pass out, also,

She was pulling a knocked out Dahyun by the arm.

Mina's eyebrow raised at that scene.

And Momo...

Her smile was still there, ketchup on her left cheek. It was a bit smudged but it was an adorable sight.

Momo spoke up, "Sorry if we had to push you back to the door. It was my fault, my Momo language had to come out when you were about to come."

Mina giggled and kissed Momo on the cheek. "You are adorable Momoring..."

She then looked at everyone in the room. "You all are amazing... Thank you for making this day the best day ever."

Then they all clapped and cheered. "Heck yeaaaaah!" Chaeyoung shouted.

"Let's eat!" Nayeon said and they all piled up to the dining area.

"What about Dahyun?" Mina pointed at the poor girl on the floor.

"Nah... She needs to hibernate, the poor girl was panicking about your arrival." Sana giggled as she got herself a slice of pizza.

"Wait a minute..." Nayeon made everyone stop what they were doing.

Nayeon's head sharply turned to Mina. Her smile suddenly grew on her face, she then pouted her lips and raised her arms. "It's gift giving time! The best time about birthdays!"

The oldest threw herself onto Mina and kissed the birthday girl on the cheeks. Jihyo shook her head. Well she had a choice but she convinced herself that she had none, so she walked over to Mina and kissed Mina on the other cheek. A cheeky squirrel was next after Jihyo, she was leaning in for a kiss on the lips but Mina slowly backed away. This earned a laugh from Sana and kissed the youngest Japanese on the temple anyway. Chaeyoung bashfully and quickly kissed Mina on the jaw and as quick as a lightning, went back to the table to get some food. Jeongyeon's turn and kissed Mina on the backside of her hand. Nope, she was never going to kiss someone near the face but hey, at least she gave her share of birthday kisses. Momo, oh precious Momo, kissed Mina on the tip of her nose. She even sent a heart to Mina.

Now they all looked at Dahyun.

Jihyo sighed. "What are we going to do with her?"

Mina smiled and shrugged. She stood up from her seat and instead of recieving her birthday kiss from Dahyun, she kissed the Eagle dancer instead.

"WHAT!" Nayeon screeched, pointing at Momo and Dahyun and then to herself. "That is not fair! I also want my fair share of kisses!"

Sana pouted too. "Me too!"

Momo teased the two even further by sticking out her tongue at them and making incorrigible noises to make the two kiss deprived women complain more.

Chaeyoung nodded along and whined a bit.

Mina blushed and waved a hand. "She's knocked out. I can't wait for her to wake up."

Nayeon and Sana groaned but the rest just laughed and continued eating.

Mina looked at her set of friends one more time, a smile etched on her face.

"Thank you." She quietly said but she was sure no one heard her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Until her peripherals caught Dahyun smile in her sleep.

Mina chuckled. I guess Dahyun doesn't count.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

END.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: THAT IS THE END OF BIRTHDAY KETCHUP!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT CAUSE I ENJOYED WRITING IT.

BYEEEEEEEERRRRRREESYXYSSISLSLSLFCKKFKDKKSLSLSLSLSLSLSLDOLDOXLCC

 

STREAM MORE FANCY!