Winter Petals

Twice Upon A Time

A/N:

I have been gone. For at least a year. 

Jeez. That's--

Sorry mates. 

This is a Mihyun one-shot because you can never get enough of Mihyun soooo... Yeahhh...

Join the vague angst train for a while.

-----------------------------------------

Beautiful.

She is so beautiful.

That is the only thing that I can say as I looked at her.

She is Japanese, she has long silky black hair that reached just below her shoulder blades. She has two moles by her lips, one on the top, one at the bottom and another on the side of the bridge of her cute nose. When she smiles, oh, does she give it her all! Her gummy smile makes my day perfect.

She is Myoui Mina.

And I, am head over heels for her.

She is a student.

She studies Medicine with a side of ballet. Maybe that is where she got her elegant charm and demeanor...

And where she got her cute penguin-like walk.

She was friends with two other Japanese girls who are also in love with each other, or so I've heard. Momo and Sana. And these friends are always with her, where ever she goes, they go. Where ever she worked, they visit in hopes to make Mina's work load somehow lighter through a series of jokes and banters.

Where does she work, you ask? She works in a café owned by some Taiwanese people. Most likely, Chou Tzuyu's parents.

And at that café,

People, boys and girls would stare at Mina or flirt with her. 

I mean, who wouldn't?

------------------------------------

Kim Dahyun sniffed through the cold air. She shifted on where she stood, her right leg supporting her weight. The pale girl stared at nothing and sighed.

"The bus is late again?"

Dahyun's head snapped towards the beautiful and light voice. It was owned by none other than Myoui Mina. Dahyun covered her blush by pulling up the blue knitted scarf around her neck to her face and shrugged as an answer.

Mina nodded and looked at the bus stop post. The red electronic letters spelled, "Bus 3707 is waiting for the ice sheet to thaw two stops away."

The Japanese sighed and rolled her eyes, "Of course, nothing is easy for the winter." She grumbled softly as she spared a glance at the clock.

Dahyun followed her gaze.

7:37 am.

She shook her head. They were already late.

"Nothing is easy for an almost college graduate." Dahyun mumbled through her knitted scarf. She glared at the dark blue patterns of the scarf and thought of how much she suffered as a student in Duksung Art and Music University.

"Duksung, huh?" Mina wondered. "That's two streets away from our university."

"And four blocks away from that little coffee shop you're working at." Dahyun mumbled again with a blush.

"Ah. You know me?"

Dahyun winced at her idiocy and blushed at the teasing voice of Mina. She glanced at the pretty girl besides her and timidly nodded.

Mina giggled. "I'm glad someone noticed me."

Dahyun looked away, away from seeing the pretty smile on Mina's face. Her pout under the blue knitted scarf, "It's unfair." Her mind had said, as she snuck a glance at Mina yet again. "She's so beautiful."

"So, what do you study?" The Japanese beauty asked.

Dahyun whipped her head towards Mina. And her scatterbrained self showed up when she looked around for other people, thinking that it wasn't her Mina was talking to.

Mina raised her perfect eyebrows. "I'm talking to you."

Dahyun pointed at herself. "Me?"

"I have been talking to you for a while now, of course it's you." Mina said, her amused smirk was showing.

The Duksung University student sheepishly scratched under her nose, a habit when she's nervous. "Major in music, minor in photography."

"Wow... You really fit in the university then." Mina said, shuffling to warm herself from the cold.

Dahyun's brows knitted together, forming a wrinkle between her brows. Dahyun is a loner. Sure she has friends, but she preferred to be alone. 

Away from the noises.

Away from the pressure.

She shrugged in reply.

Mina just nodded.

Few moments in comfortable silence, the screen above their heads "dinged". Apparently, the bus isn't stuck on some ice sheet now and it's coming their way any moment now.

"Finally." Mina said under her breath.

The only person with her grunted.

"You brood a lot." Mina pointed out, leaning forwards, towards Dahyun.

Dahyun's brain malfunctioned. She stuttered a retort until she finally spewed it out:

"I don't brood."

"Yes you do." Mina smiled, leaning in closer.

Dahyun leaned away, fighting a blush.

Mina pointed at the shoulder bag Dahyun donned, "You would stand here, all broody, with earphones on every weekday."

"No I don't." The music major denied.

The medicine student's shoulders went up teasingly, "Yes you do."

"No I don't." Dahyun denied again.

"You kinda do!" Mina's smile widened.

Dahyun looked away.

 

 

 

 

 


"Maybe I kinda do."

And Mina triumphantly grinned. "That you do."

The bus arrived and its doors opened. It showed a very apologetic bus driver, his sheepish smile etched on his face and his trunk bowing several times.

Mina just bowed back and waved at the poor man saying that it was alright.

Dahyun however just smiled and bowed at the man.

They found their respective seats and the bus took off. 

Five seats apart.

But they found themselves looking at each other, one donned a smile, the other fighting a smile.
_________________________

The next day, the bus was on time but Mina found Dahyun still standing there, arms in her thick, black parka jacket. Mina smugly walked towards Dahyun and tapped the girl's shoulder.

"Waiting for me?" Mina asked, her smug smile never leaving. "Ms. Broods-alot?" 

"No." Dahyun curtly answered, evading Mina's eyes. "And why the hell are you calling me that?" 

"Because, you're brooding again." 

"Well aren't you annoying. I'm not brooding." 

She suddenly moved past Mina and went in the bus. The Duksung University student sat at the very back of the bus. Mina snickered and followed the girl in. This time, she made sure that they sat together.

Dahyun, surprised finding Mina beside her, flinched but Mina just showed her gummy smile.

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun for the very first time smiled back... 

 

 

 

 

Just a bit.

 

 


And that was enough. 
_________________________

"I met her at a bus stop at first. She was so beautiful, I panicked.

I never talked to her before but it seemed that she remembers me. 

I didn't know what to say, especially when she started talking to me.

I didn't know what to do, but I did try to do it.

Befriend her.

Annoy her.

Love her.

Ha.

Love her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I knew it was a mistake.

But I did anyway. I love her."

-------------------------------------------

Dahyun was doing her finals project for her photography class. It was quite annoying that she, instead of taking pictures like normal photographers do, has to create an essay about the history of photography. 

She glared at her to do list.

Why should they write about the first person who took a freaking selfie?

Of all things that they asked a student to write is the history of selfies.

Honestly, Dahyun was starting to hate that Kwanghee professor.

She did a double take. She also found that she has to transcript a jazz music sheet for her finals as well. She groaned internally.

She's gonna need a cup of coffee.

Maybe more than one.

As soon as Dahyun stepped out of Duksung University, her feet led her to a very familiar coffee shop, but instead of actually noticing, actually remembering that Myoui Mina worked in that very same coffee shop.

She cringed.

But she was too late.

"Hello, Ms. Broods-alot."

Dahyun looked up at the counter, and found the part-time cashier lady smiling at her, with her perfect eyebrow raised. Clearly, Mina was surprised seeing Dahyun at this day.

"Hello, Annoyance." Dahyun scowled as she walked towards the counter.

Mina feigned a gasp. "That's so mean!" And punched Dahyun's shoulder.

Dahyun stepped back because of the impact and chuckled. She smoothed out her coat and sighed.

"Black, no sugar." Dahyun requested.

"Ms. Broods-alot is extra broody today. Wanna tell me why?" Mina asked, as she punched in the order.

"University torture." Dahyun grumbled out a reply. She fished out money from her pockets and gave it to Mina's outstretched hand.

"Well, that must be quite a handful."

"How about you?" Dahyun meekly asked. This time, she was unable to look a Mina's eyes.

Mina stopped her ministrations and looked at Dahyun. "Did you just ask me... How I am?"

"Don't make such a big deal about it." Dahyun scowled again. "It's common courtesy."

Mina let out a laugh while going back to work. "I'll call your name when its ready, Duksung girl."

Dahyun rolled her eyes and walked towards the farthest corner of the café. There she sat, waiting for her drink. She listened to that jazz music that she has to transcript while waiting but before she could even pit in the headphones on her ears, the daughter of the owner of the café came in.

Chou Tzuyu.

Her grin was there.

Her confident struts caught the eye of the customers.

There she greeted Mina.

And Dahyun dared to looked away. 

-------------------------------------------

"Oh. 

I forgot. 

 

 

 

 

 


." 

------------------------------------------

It was 7:37 am and Dahyun was sitting on the bench waiting. 

It was 7:37 am and the bus was late again. 

It was 7:38 am. Mina didn't come. 

Dahyun growled and glared at the spot on the bench  Mina was supposed to be sitting on. 

"Isn't this annoying." Dahyun gritted out. 

It was 7:40 when she heard her laughing. 

It was Tzuyu and Mina together again. 

Yes. 

Again. 

She rolled her eyes. She stood up and hooked her sling bag on one shoulder. 

"Hey, Ms. Broods-alot!" Mina greeted. 

But Dahyun didn't even spare her a glance and walked away from the bus stop. 

------------------------------------------

"God.

I'm so immature. 

Now when I realized--

Ugh." 

Cough

"Was that--" 

"Jesus, Dahyun. Is that a petal?"