Winter Petals III

Twice Upon A Time

Dahyun sat beside Mina.

There was no escape.

Mina was holding the petals.

"Who is it?" Mina asked quietly, breaking the silence Dahyun wished wouldn't be interrupted.

"How did you know it was mine?" Dahyun pocketed her hands in her pockets, trying to warm her hands from the cold winter. 

"You left a trail of petals. Jesus, Dahyun, it's the middle of the winter, flowers, petals like these?" Mina raised the pink colored petals. "You can only find them in spring." 

Dahyun closed her eyes;

She couldn't look at Mina's eyes.

She wanted to say it out loud.

Right here.

Right now.

She opened ...

------------------------------------------

"He visited a doctor. Because I rejected him."

"Momo... Why would you do that? That means--"

"He got operated, the Hanahaki Disease. He, uh, Heechul got operated for that."

"So--"

"He cannot feel anything anymore. Love, compassion. Nothing. He's cold. And I regret everything."

---------------------------------------

"Doesn't matter Mina, she doesn't like me back." The musician lied, a small smile on her face.

Mina scoffed. "Doesn't matter?" Mina repeated, completely outraged at the statement. 

"Dahyun you're my friend. Hanahaki is a serious matter! You should at least confess to her before doing something brash! Dahyun, what if she likes you back? Then maybe she can save you." Mina rambled.

Dahyun couldn't take it anymore.

She took a breath...

----------------------------------------

"Did he recognize you?"

Momo sniffled. 

"He did. But all of his happiness drained out. You can't see it anymore, in his eyes. Dahyun. You can't let this happen to you. At least let her know. Maybe you can be saved! Maybe you can be unlike him, you know? I can't bare to look at someone--"

"Devoid of life? Dead?" 

"Dahyun, you cannot be seriously considering going to a doctor to remove the seed from your heart." 

"Why not?" 

"Never again, Dahyun. I promised myself to never again see someone devoid of life." 

"And what if she doesn't like me back? What if, after everything I said to her, I couldn't win her heart? As selfish as this may sound, I still value my life! I'll die." 

"At least try." 

----------------------------------------

Cough. 

She heaved. 

"Dahyun at least try and confess." Mina worriedly said, rubbing her back again, trying to ease Dahyun's pain. 

"What if she doesn't like me back?" Dahyun struggled out. 

But one look at Mina, Dahyun knew exactly what she needs to do. 

"You know what... Screw it." Dahyun said under her breath confusing Mina. 

Dahyun kneeled in front of Mina, looked her in the eyes and gathered her courage. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"What if you don't like me back?"

 

 

--------------------------------------------

A/N:

Dahyun finally said it. 

What now?