Winter Petals V

Twice Upon A Time

A/N

THIS IS ALSO IMPORTANT READ THIS AS WELL OR I'LL HUNT YOU AND YOUR TWICE MERCH. 

Actually, it's joke... I'm afraid. 

I hope everyone is safe in their houses because of friggin C*VIDNINETEEN. 

Eh?
You thought that was the end?

You got rick rolled.

Also, this was very hard for me to continue because I recently got into a new ship, so all my ideas for MiHyun, SaiDa, 2Yeon, JiTzu and SaTzu were halted and all of my braincell's attention is now on Iz*One's KkuChaeng, AKB48's YuuNaa, JuriSaku, WMatsui, (this is so old though) and AtsuMina.

Hence, my mind was confused. I want to make a separate one-shot fics for those ships too but then, I am a bit worried about publishing those. Maybe it's because I feel dirty... I don't know. 

Anyways, without further ado, MiHyun holds a special place in my heart sooooo... 

Enjoy the REAL final chapter of WINTER PETALS. 

------------------------------------------

"The first step would be opening the skin below your ribs, then taking out the "seed" from the back of your left lung here." The doctor said, pointing at the lung she was talking about,

Momo listened but Dahyun wasn't listening. She just stared at the x-ray. Those white things; some are pointed, some are round, bent, some were wire-like and digging through her lungs are blocking her airways, destroying the tissues of her lungs.

"And not just that, the roots too, which seemed to direct itself to her heart and her nerves." The doctor continued, changing the picture and showing the direction of the roots to Momo.

Momo visibly winced but Dahyun didn't give a damn.

Oh.

Wait.

But she ask a question. Very important.

"What are the side effects?"

 

 

 

 

 


"You won't be able to feel anything. Physically... 

 

 

 


Emotionally." 

------------------------------------------

Bus stop.

Same time.

Same seat.

Mina stared.

It was Dahyun, hunched over her usual seat, fighting a cough, hand over her chest. She was trying to breathe.

Mina let out the breath she didn't notice she was holding.

"You--"

"Shut up." Dahyun cuts her off and pats the seat next to her.

Carefully, as if Dahyun was fragile, Mina slid beside her. She was trying not to brush her clothes with Dahyun's. The music major chuckled. "Stop doing that. I'm not made of glass."

Mina flinched. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." Dahyun replied, wheezing.

Coughs.

Mina winced.

"When?" Mina asked.

She didn't need to ask, to elaborate. Dahyun knew what Mina meant.

She answered honestly,

"Ever since I saw you working gracefully in that café." Dahyun smiled weakly, she even added a little snort at the end and continued, "God, as cliché as it may sound, everything was in slow-motion, you seemed to glow brighter than the morning light coming through the windows of that café, and you smiled at me. My dull heart started beating and I just... I couldn't stop myself. And then Momo became my roommate and I always got a glance of your face when you guys talk on the phone or on the laptop and just... I—


I fell, Mina..."

Despite hearing those compliments, Mina was shaking. She was trying so hard not to cry. Because of her, her friend, Dahyun, was hurting. Because of her, Dahyun could die. 

"Dahyun... You're hurting. I'm sorry." Mina looked away. She looked at her shoes, unable to look at Dahyun anymore. She was ashamed.

"Don't be ashamed... It's not your fault. Most importantly, you can have freedom to feel something and that feeling? That something? I know you can't return it." The musician continued to smile.

The medicine student stayed silent, she was unable to answer.

"Momo told you already?" Dahyun asked after some quiet time.

"Yes." Mina barely nodded, barely said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"I love you Mina. I'm sorry I couldn't wait."

--------------------------------------------

She ran.

Fast.

Very fast.

She could feel the burn, but she did not care.

She almost tripped, but she did not care.

She got shouted at by the people she bumped into and she could barely say out a sorry, but she did not care.

All she cared was that she was right.

God...

Tzuyu was right.

------------------------------------------

"What the did you think about letting her go?" Tzuyu raised an eyebrow.

Sana, who glanced between Mina and Tzuyu was startled. "What the heck is going on?" Sana sighed under her breath, her face still bewildered.

"I—"

"You messed up." Tzuyu cuts Mina off.

"But Tzuyu—"

"Screw me, Mina." Tzuyu rolled her eyes and Sana's eyebrows raised higher than before.

"Oooh... ual." Sana smirked.

Tzuyu flipped a finger at Mina. "Ignore her, but you know what I mean."

"But what about you? I can't leave you Tzuyu... I love you." Mina said. "I don't want to—"

"Screw what my parents think Mina! Screw what your parents think about us! We both know that we aren't right for each other. We both know that we are just forced to be together. Don't take away your happiness because of me. Don't worry about me." Tzuyu exclaimed as she grabbed Mina by the shoulders.

"When Dahyun undergoes surgery, she won't feel a thing. She might even forget you!" Tzuyu continued.

"Wait, Kim Dahyun?" Sana interrupted by going inbetween her friends. "Momo's roommate? The freaking human tofu? The cutest musician from Duksung academy?"

Tzuyu pushed her onto the sides and shook Mina by the shoulders again. "Run. Go to her. Mina, I don't want you to make the same mistake. Heck, if Momo was here right now, she'd slap you into your senses."

"But—"

"Go get the mysterious girl from the bus stop." Tzuyu tried to convince her again. "The girl that could make your smile brighter than any of us could. More than I could. Go." Tzuyu pushed her. 

And Mina was struck. 

She felt her restraints fall. 

"Tzuyu... Thank you. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You love her too. You just couldn't say it because of our families, because of me. I love you Mina." Tzuyu said.

"I love you too." Mina replied with a smile.

And she ran.

-----------------------------------------

"Kim Dahyun?" The nurse called as she entered the room with Dahyun on the bed.

"Are you ready for your operation?" The nurse asked again. 

Dahyun shrugged, she was unable to speak. She was afraid that as soon as she opens , blood will pour out. Afraid that as soon as she moves her head, petals and thorns will emerge more. 

"Well then, I'll be putting some anesthesia on your IV fluid okay? And then we will be wheeling you to the operating room as soon as you fall asleep, so don't fight the medication, okay?" 

Dahyun, unable to speak just shrugged again, and felt the nurse besides her fiddle with the IV bag of torture. She instead, while waiting, closed her eyes and thought of Mina. 

All her thoughts were consumed by Mina. Her moles, her nose, her eyes, her lips, her graceful movements. Her laugh, her smile. Her voice... 

Her... 

Voice. 

She does not want to forget it.

She... 

Dahyun is crying. 

She does not want to forget this feeling. 

This love.

Heck, this pain. 

She's starting to regret it. 

It's unfair. 

Choosing between love and life. 

But she knows that she needs to live in order to not hurt her family. She couldn't bare the thought of her family to feel left alone. 

"Dahyun... You're brooding a lot." 

Dahyun's eyes snapped open and whipped her head. 

She can't believe it. 

Mina in the flesh. 

Mina... 

But she felt groggy, her eyes suddenly felt heavy, Dahyun tried to fight but Mina smiled, held her hand and whispered,

"Don't fight it, love, sleep." Dahyun heard Mina say and she gave in and damn;

She felt something warm on her lips, and something drop on her cheek. 

Dahyun wanted to believe this, but she's afraid. She assumed, that Mina was there. She kissed her. She... 

 

 

 

 

 

But it may just be the drugs... 

Don't get your hopes too high, Dahyun... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But as soon as she woke up, she felt a bit lighter.

The surgery was over, she did it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But as soon as she struggled to turn to the side, she felt familiar warmth. 

Something that she thought she would not feel, it was clear as day. The doctor said that she would not be able to feel anythingbut she can still feel it, the pain but tgen the sudden lightness in her chest. 

 

 

 

 

 


Mina was there standing, helping her, guiding her to her side. 

She reciprocated, and Dahyun couldn't help but grin while crying. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile the nurses outside was also crying along with Momo. 

Hanahaki Disease's weakness is the one they are witnessing now.

Love. 

-----------------------------------------

It was summer. The heat was unbearable. 

But despite all of that, their hands melded together. Their smiles reached up to their eyes. They were both skipping around the park. 

Making jokes. 

Having fun. 

Without a care in the world. 

They were happy. 

Dahyun and Mina were happy.

"Sana called me on the way here." Dahyun smiled, as she ran a thumb on Mina's knuckles.

"Oh? What did she say?" Mina raised an eyebrow and she pouted, clearly annoyed with Sana's advances. "What did she do this time?"

"Oh, she tried to make me jealous with your 'ex-girlfriend'. It kind of got me under my nerves but, uh, it's fine, I guess..." Dahyun shrugged but was unable to hide the crinkle on her forehead.

Mina giggled. "Ohhh... That's cute, Ms. Broods-a-lot!" Then she kissed the crinkle on the forehead twice.

"Oh... Stupid crinkle." Dahyun rolled her eyes and looked away blushing. Clearly, her heart skipped a beat.

"I have acquired a pink tofu!" Mina teased further and Dahyun just brooded but she had an idea.

This time, Dahyun leaned in. Lips touched in a brief moment.

Mina gasped as soon as their lips separated and slapped Dahyun on the shoulder. "Dahyun! We are in public!"

"Sorry... But you kissed me first!" Dahyun exclaimed.

-------------------------------------------

END.

Sooo... Uhhhh...

Yay.