The Yule Ball and the Goblet of Fire

Twice Upon A Time

"Kim Dahyun." Mina said.

The said girl slowly turned around and found the most beautiful girl from Beauxbatons right in front of her. 

"Out again in the dark?" Mina continued.

Dahyun eyed the Beauxbaton clad in her night gown.

"You're shivering." Dahyun pointed out and took off her jacket. She walked towards Mina and shoved the jacket to Mina's hands. She looked away with a blush, she then said, "You shouldn't be out here."

Mina smiled gratefully at Dahyun. She carefully wore the jacket over her shoulders. She replied, "I couldn't help but to worry..."

"Worry?" Dahyun looked back at Mina. "Worry for what?"

The Beaxbaton walked to the fenced Abraxans and stared at the majestic creatures in front of her. "The tournament..." She then looked at Dahyun who followed her. "You."

Dahyun was taken a back. "Me?" She pointed at herself. "Why-- why would you be w-- worried about m-- me?" She stuttered, her blush worsening.

"Well if it wasn't for me, Jin wouldn't have slapped Jihyo." Mina mused as one Abraxan came to nudge her. She giggled, petting the winged beast then slowly frowned as the events earlier replayed in her mind. "You wouldn't have to be so cold again."

Dahyun looked at her, baffled. "I..." She said. "What do you mean?"

"Dahyun." Mina looked back at her. "Why are you like this? Why do they hate you? Why? Can you tell me?"

Dahyun gritted her teeth, hesitant to tell her the story.

"Please?"

And so...

She told her everything and from afar,

Zeus hooted happily.

-------------------------

Dahyun sighed happily for the nth time today and Hera, the griffin and Cratos, her hatchling looked at their caretaker with worry.

She was...

Oddly...

Energetic?

The last time they saw Dahyun this happy was when Momo said yes to their date.

And that was three years ago.

Yep.

They dated when they were both in their fourth year.

Hera and Cratos looked at each other. They crooned and concluded,

Their friend Dahyun has finally become a loon.

Cratos nudged his mother indicating to confront the unusually happy human in front of them.

Hera snorted and came walking towards Dahyun.

The crooning caught Dahyun's attention. She whipped her head towards the sound and jumped in surprise. Seeing Hera suddenly beside her gave her a mini heart attack.

"Yah..." She laughed at herself, clutching her chest. "You should've nudged me, Hera! You scared me to death!"

Hera tilted her head.

"Hmm... You are right... I am quite happy today." Dahyun's smile became wider.

Cratos squawked in the background.

"Nope... Not about the choosing of champions tonight." Dahyun replied to Cratos as she tossed Hera a skewer-rat which Hera caught gracefully by her beak.

Cratos crooned, his wings flapping.

"No! I did not talk to Mina." Dahyun blushed and threw the smaller skewer-rat at the hatchling. Although,

It missed.

And Cratos laughed at her by snorting and scratching his claws on the ground.

"Shut up." Dahyun grumbled. "Anyway, I have to get back. It's lunch time and I have an essay to complete."

------------------

It was lunch and Dahyun went to her usual place in the Hufflepuff table, at the very end of the table near the great doors of the Great Hall. There, she put out a winged snake on the table. It was still a baby and she found it on the way back to Hogwarts. And although poisonous, Dahyun, as an animal lover, she just had to bring it along.

Its blue scales glistened as Dahyun ran her fingers on it and Valor, the name she decided for the winged snake, slithered around her fingers. She smiled and hid Valor in her sleeve. Dahyun's grin went wide when Valor gripped her wrist with his tail to keep him from falling.

"Students, your attention please." Headmaster of Hogwarts, Professor Jinyoung announced. 

All students, from Beauxbatons, Durmstrang and Hogwarts quieted down and looked at the podium in where the headmaster stood.

"I would like to tell you that the Tri-Wizard Tournament is...

Cancelled."

The whole hall bursted in complains.

"SILENCE!" Headmaster JYP roared and instantly, the noise died down. "The Tri-Wizard Tournament is temporarily cancelled. We will still pick the champions tonight but the day of the Tournament will be delayed for the Ministry of Magic figured that the schools must strengthen their bond first. So I am pleased to announce that there will be a Yule Ball on the supposed date of the Tournament."

This time, the students clapped in excitement.

Not only were they about to experience and witness the Tri-Wizard Tournament, they are also about to have a ball!

Among the murmuring, Somi asked Nayeon, "Unnie, who are you going to the ball?" 

Nayeon looked at a certain shorth haired girl in the Gryffindor table. "I don't know yet, but I wish someone I like would ask me." She smiled and then turned to Mina. "How about you?"

Mina shook her head smiling, unable to say anything.

"Aw come on... You asked her when you know that every boy and girl in school would ask her." Somi rolled her eyes.

"Right." Nayeon nodded. "Lucky you, princess Ace!"

"Shut up guys." Mina pouted.

When all the students dispersed to go back to their classes, Jin who was back from the infirmary blocked Mina's way and smiled widely at her.

"Hi." Jin greeted her.

Mina suddenly felt uneasy.

"Yes?" She asked.

"So... You know, about the Yule Ball..." Jin slowly started.

Mina impatiently tapped her foot on the ground.

"I figured maybe we could go together?" Jin asked sheepishly, scratching his neck in embarrassment.

Nayeon and Somi, who was behind Mina the whole time, looked at each other and gaped. Eyes wide and silently screaming and praying that Mina would say yes.

"Jin... I---"

"She can't." A voice cut Mina off. They all looked to the source of the voice to find Dahyun with her sisters.

Dahyun, her arms folded and eyes glaring at Jin.

The whole school started to stop going to their classes and figured to watch the scene that is going to unfold.

"Why not?" Jin glared back at Dahyun.

"Wah... This guy really does have guts huh?" Tzuyu grumbled. 

Chaeyoung scoffed and Jihyo just grasped Tzuyu and Chaeyoung's hands.

Jihyo whispered to Dahyun, "Calm down, sis. We do not want you back in detention."

Dahyun just nodded.

"She just can't." Dahyun answered and walked towards Mina.

"You okay?" She asked Mina.

Mina smiled. "Yeah... All good."

"You sure, Unnie?" Chaeyoung asked, as she cracked her knuckles and smirk. "Tell me the truth, because I am ready to hit a certain someone. I need revenge for Jihyo."

"Chaeyoung stop it." Jihyo reprimanded the small Gryffindor.

"No. I do not understand, Kim Dahyun." Jin scowled. "Why can't she go to the Yule Ball with me?" 

Dahyun growled,

"Because she is going with me!" 

And the crowd watching gasped.

-----------------------

Hey I know this is short...

It's because I have exams and I could not concentrate on writing a fic as of now. I AM REALLY SORRY.

Sigh... Don't worry, our last day of exams is tomorrow! So I will be able to write the two last parts of this series before we move to SaiDaMichaeng.

I AM REALLY SORRY.

EXAMS ARE NOMU NOMUHAE!