The Truth and the Goblet of Fire

Twice Upon A Time

The witnesses of the scene gasped as Dahyun went near Mina and held her hand.

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu looked at Dahyun, both of them confused at their sister's sentence. Jihyo, on the other hand, smiled widely. Proud of her sister, opening up to another person. Nayeon and Somi felt a bit worried, who wouldn't? I mean...

This girl was rumoured to be the worst of the students here in Hogwarts and oh my, she chose Mina of all people. Precious Myoui Mina.

Mina blushed and gaped at Dahyun who was still staring inently at Jin. The boy in front of them scoffed and smirked, then continued, "Impossible... She knows what you did to me," He pointed at Momo and Jeongyeon. "To those people! She knows how horrible you are... She did NOT say yes."

Jihyo fumed and instead of Chaeyong and Tzuyu shouting at Jin, it was her, the usually calm Kim Jihyo of Ravenclaw. She stepped over the bounds and her slap resounded the hall and all of the people around watching gasped at her actions.

"I have been keeping my cool for these past few years." She lowly said as Chaeyoung and Tzuyu pulled her back. 

"Jihyo!" A voice said.

"Sowon unnie!" Tzuyu said. "Stay back."

Sowon stopped beside Momo and Jeongyeon who were unable to leave the scene because of the gossiping students in front of them, blocking the way to the dormitories.

Jihyo fought against Tzuyu's and Chaeyoung's grip, tears leaking down her eyes.

"And it hurts!" She screamed. "It hurts so much to see Dahyun, my little sister, from being a sunny, lively, joyful person to a person who is cold and depressed! And that is all because of you!" Jihyo shouted as she pointed at Jin.

All Jin could do was smirk and this made Jihyo more angry. Once she got out of Tzuyu's grip, she grabbed Jin's collar and shaked.

"A single lie, Jin! A lie. A lie that she could never forget." Jihyo cried. "What did she ever do to you?"

Mina looked at Jihyo to Dahyun and found Dahyun frowning, anger radiating from her. Mina, being the nicest girl that she is, held both of Dahyun's hands and pulled her around. Dahyun's back in front of a crying Jihyo and a smirking Jin. An angry Dahyun that could not see what was happening behind her.

"Hey..." Mina looked at her eyes. "Dahyun, calm down."

Dahyun looked back at her, eyes fierce. "I am going to kill him."

Mina's hands held to Dahyun's firmly and shook her head. "Stop it. Don't say that, don't be the monster that the lies Jin sprouted, don't be the monster that Hogwarts believes in." She smiled and her hands cupped Dahyun's cheeks and forced Dahyun's eyes to look at her. "Okay?" She tearfully said.

"Remember last night?" Mina continued. "Remember what you told me? You said the truth. I knew when you started, it was the truth. Please, make me believe it more."

Dahyun held Mina's hands on her cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 


"I can't promise you that."

--------------------------

"Did she do something to you, Jin?!" Jihyo asked him as she shaked him.

"You know that was the truth, Jihyo." Jin's smirk grew larger as he said those words and that made Jihyo rage.

"No!" Jihyo shouted again. "You know the truth Jin! Dahyun was the nicest person, sister and friend anyone could have! The bestfriend YOU could ever had."

Jin's smirk faltered once she said that and the Hogwarts students whispered.

"Best friend?" One whispered to another.

"Jin and Dahyun were bestfriends?" The other asked the another.

Jin looked around, his ears red.

"That's right." Jihyo nodded and released her hold from Jin's colar. "They were bestfriends, we were bestfriends!"

"Momo," she looked at the girl, Momo who looked at Dahyun and Mina who were having a hushed conversation.
"Jeongyeon," the latter shook their head.
"Me, Chaeyoung," her younger sister held hands with Jihyo and Tzuyu.
"Tzuyu, Jin, Namjoon," Namjoon's eyes widened at the mention of his name and hid further in the crowd.
"Dahyun and..."

 

 

 


"Sana..."

---------------------

"Dahyun, if this is about your bestfriend, Sana, it was not your fault." Mina assured Dahyun. "You are not a monster!"

"But I am..." Dahyun finally let the tears fall from her eyes. "It was my fault that she left." She pulled Mina's hands away from her cheeks and wiped her tears away. "If it wasn't for me, Sana would've not died."

----------------------

"THERE YOU GO!" Jin shouted. "SANA! THERE COMES THAT NAME AGAIN AND THE REASON WHY SHE'S A KILLER!" Jin angrily screamed as he violently pointed at Dahyun. 

"Because she killed Sana." Jin violently spat out.

"Killed? Can't it just be an accident?" Tzuyu finally spoke up, her voice shaking from rage.

"If she hadn't left Sana in the forest then none of this would've happened!" Jin cried. "We could've lived peacefully!"

"IT WAS NOT HER FAULT SHE DIED JIN, I THOUGHT WE AGREED ON THAT!?" Chaeyoung screamed and tackled Jin to the ground.

Minhyuk, Taeyoung and Jackson, the Durmstrang boys who were near the circle pulled away Chaeyoung from Jin who were now fighting away from the boys' hold.

"Stop it, Kim..." Minhyuk said.

"Ow! You punched me..." Jackson whined when an accidental punch from Chaeyoung landed on his ahem--pretty--ahem face.

Taeyoung rolled his eyes.

"You do not know how I feel. She took everything away from me! My everything... My Sana." Jin cried, not able to stand up from the ground. "I loved her... So much!"

Chaeyoung calmed down as soon as she heard him say that.

"And because of their obsession with those creatures in the forest, they were too headstrong to stop." Jin continued as he covered his face. "Too stubborn to stay away and when they faced that stupid Abraxan, Dahyun left her there to die." Jin sobbed. "She left Sana alone to face the Abraxan."

--------------------

"I left her there." Dahyun sobbed as Mina pulled her in an embrace. "I left her there when I could've helped her."

"She told you to leave." Mina whispered. "She sacrificed her life for you."

"But she shouldn't have!" Dahyun sobbed as she clung into Mina.

Mina hushed her and said, "She loved you so much, Dahyun. She couldn't bear to waste your life just like that."

"She wasted hers." Dahyun said. "For a low life like me."

"No..." Mina pulled away from the hug. "Because she knew that with you around, Hogwarts would be lively. Your happiness can radiate others. They can be happy because of you and Sana knew that without you, Hogwarts is colder than the weather here." Mina smiled.

--------------------

"Sana made Dahyun leave because she loved her precious dongsaeng so much." Jihyo said. "Her dongsaeng that made her smile so much. Her dongsaeng that was supposed to give life to others. And when she was about to, you tainted all of Dahyun's promises with a lie!"

Jin stopped crying and looked at Jihyo.

"And with your lie, one came after the other. Dahyun lost her bestfriend," Jihyo pointed at him. "Her girlfriend," Momo shook her head. "Her friends, heck even the whole school hated her."

Jin sniffed.

"And that made Dahyun lost all her purpose." Jihyo continued. "So she hid instead of fulfilling what Sana would love her to do. She trapped herself in the forest where she knew she could make creatures happy instead of making us happy. She tried to continue being the bubbly person she is, that is, in front of an animal. A magical creature." Jihyo explained.

Sowon went near Jihyo and held her shoulder. She smiled and nodded, asking for Jihyo to stop.

"Your words did not only hurt Dahyun, but I am sure it also hurt Sana."

And Jin's eyes shot up to a retreating form of Jihyo to Sowon's hug and her younger sisters.

He looked around his classmates and saw them whispering. His ears red, he shook his head in embarrassment and cried.

"I am sorry, Sana..."

-------------------

"I'm sorry Mina..." Dahyun sniffed and smiled.

"Yah!" Mina smiled wider. "Look at you! This is the first time I made you smile?!"

Dahyun blushed but couldn't herself from smiling wider.

"Eh?" Mina giggled. "Where are your eyes?" 

Dahyun sighed and covered her face on Mina's shoulder from embarrasment. "This is not the first time you made me smile." She mumbled into Mina but the Beauxbaton girl didn't understand it.

"What did you say?" She asked, still giggling.

The Hufflepuff stood up straight and looked deeply into Mina's eyes.

And if anything, Dahyun was more of a Gryffindor when she said out loud, "This is not the first time you made me smile."

Mina's giggle stopped, "Eh?" She stuttered still smiling.

"You made me smile like an idiot once. In the forest. My friends, Hera and Cratos think I am crazy." Dahyun said and scratched her right cheek. "Maybe I am." The Hufflepuff smiled. "Crazy for you."

"Dahyun unnie." Tzuyu cut out before Mina could say anything. "Grab Myoui and let's go. We're done here." Tzuyu glared at Jin who was glaring at the ground.

Dahyun looked at Jin then to Mina. Mina smiled and nodded then looked for her Beauxbaton friends, Somi and Nayeon.

Dahyun walked towards Jin and the whole hall tensed.

But their eyes widened when they saw Jeongyeon block Dahyun's way towards Jin. With her arms outstretched she said, "Stop Dahyun." 

Dahyun looked at her and she held Jeongyeon's shoulders. The student were getting ready to hex at Dahyun but to their surprise, Dahyun smiled.

'She's back...' Momo thought, crying once she saw that close-eyed smile. 'And I am too late.' And she looked at Mina, a proud looking Mina.

As soon as the Hufflepuff passed through Jeongyeon, she outstretched her hand for Jin. The boy looked up at the hand and grabbed it and as soon as he got up, Dahyun bowed. It baffled Jin.

"I am sorry." Dahyun apologized through the silent stares of the school. When she stood up straight, she shot him his signature smile and walked away.

She grabbed the hands of her older sister. She rubbed her thumbs over the back of Jihyo's hands, trying to soothe her crying sister. "Unnie, I am back." She said.

Jihyo sniffled and hugged Dahyun tight. "Welcome back."

"Unnie..." Dahyun said. "Stop slapping people." She laughed and so did Jihyo through her crying. "I'm not used to you getting angry at other people. Only get mad at me and Chaeyoung. You know what, nevermind. Just Chaeyoung. Get angry at Smol Bean."

"I will..." Jihyo nodded and broke the hug only to be joined in another one initiated by their smallest sister, Chaeyoung and tallest maknae, Tzuyu.

"Welcome home, Dahyunnie!" Chaeyoung smiled as she cried too. "Yah! And what do you mean by that?!"

Tzuyu smiled fondly at her bickering sisters and unknowingly, she let a tear fall down her face. 

"Yah! Tzuyu's crying!" Dahyun laughed heartily.

Tzuyu wiped her tears but couldn't stop the water works. "Am not!" She denied, laughing at herself.

The Kim sisters laughed and held their hands together, "Yah... I missed laughing." Dahyun said.

"I missed hearing you laugh." Tzuyu admitted.

And they chuckled again.

"Thanks to a special someone?" Chaeyoung pointed at Mina.

Dahyun looked at the crying Beauxbaton from afar. She smiled at her and Mina waved.

"Yeah..." She replied, smiling. "All thanks to Mina, I feel lighter."

"We should go, everyone is staring." Jihyo said and they all nodded.

When Dahyun was about to reach Mina, Jin shouted, "Kim Dahyun!"

Dahyun turned around and found Jin standing straight, face tired but with a genuine smile. "I am sorry." And he bowed.

The hall gasped and whispers erupted. "Yah... So all he said IS a lie!"

"Oh Merlin, he's a liar."

"That jerk."

And so on but Jin did not mind. 

"If I forgive you, will you forgive me?" Dahyun asked.

"Yes."

"Then I forgive you, Jin-hyung." Dahyun smiled.

She turned to Mina and grabbed her hands, "Mina... Let's go?" She asked.

"Yes." Mina replied.

-------------------------

On the way to class, the pair was in a comfortable silence. Holding hands, smiling at each other, enjoying the moment together.

Dahyun gotta admit.

It was nice to feel this way.

Her smile widened when she swung their hands back and forth and back and forth... Then blushed when she heard Mina's beautiful giggle. And when they were about to reach Mina's stop, Mina suddenly said, 

"Yes." 

"Huh?" Dahyun looked at her confused.

"Pabo." Mina bit her lip. 

 

 

 

 

 


"I'll go to the Yule Ball with you, Kim Dahyun."

And with that, Dahyun's smile reached up to her her eyes and couldn't help but jump in delight.


---------------------

BOIIIIII... I MISSED WRITING.

By the way, if you are reading this, now you know where Sana is in this fic. I am truly, very sorry...

Last chapter will be posted tomorrow! Are you ready girls? 

IT IS THE MIHYUN HP AU FINALE TOMORROW STAY TUNED.

Love you guys! 

And uhhh...

Meri Kurisumasu.

Bye.