Winter Petals Part II

Twice Upon A Time

A/N:

Hi! Sooooo... You guys are probably thinking,

If SH's back, then they'll update Twitch in the World in Between...

Well, I will soon, but currently, I am in a writer's block. I can't get back into writing it. But I am rereading the story. It might get me back into the groove. I mean, I am having ideas but... It's a bit hard you know. Soooo... I hope you guys would be patient.

In the meantime, I hope I can appease you with the ideas I RECENTLY came up. Soooooo... Yay. 

----------------------------------------

Dahyun stared at the sink.

She stared at it for hours.

Momo, her roommate looked at her, concerned. She pats the pale girl's back. Momo was about to say something when Dahyun coughed again.

Blood-stained petals came out as Dahyun slumped over the sink. She could hardly breathe.

Momo tried to ease Dahyun's pain by rubbing her back.

Once it was over, the coughing, Dahyun's back twitched.

"It really was a mistake." Dahyun let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Momo asked.

"No." Dahyun replied.

The music major straightened herself up and pushed Momo aside from where she was standing. Momo raised her hands as she was pushed aside. Dahyun sluggishly made her was to their dorm's couch but she couldn't even reach it when another set of coughing came in. Dahyun collapsed on her knees, in pain. 

Cough.

Huff.

Puff.

"Dahyun, you need to do something about this." Momo said, worried about her friend's state. "It's worse than we thought." 

"What do you mean?" Dahyun asked with heavy breaths. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You need to confess." 

------------------------------------------

It was 7:37 am. 

The bus was late. 

Again. 

The red lights on the bus stop displayed the very same bus got stuck in an ice sheet.

Again.

It is almost comical, Mina mused. It's cursed, Mina assumed with a smile. 

But something was missing.

No.

Someone.

But when she looked beside her, all she saw was an empty spot. 

Ms. Broods-alot is missing. 

Mina looked around, double-checking if Dahyun was coming. She checked the time again; 7:45. She was never this late, Mina mused. 

"Is everything okay?" A voice snapped her out of her thoughts. 

Mina whipped her head towards the speaker and there she stood. 

Chou Tzuyu with a smile on her face. 

Mina shook her head with a worried smile. 

"A friend of mine is late." Mina said. "She's never late." 

"Oh. I bet she's just being held up, Mina." Tzuyu replied with a shrug.

Mina sighed, "I hope she's alright."

"She is fine." Another voice caught their attention.

And there Dahyun stood her signature knitted scarf, covered , chest heaving. Mina assumed she ran on her way to the bus stop.

"Hey, you ran all the way from your dormitory to here?" Mina instantly went to Dahyun's side, rubbing the pale girl's back to help Dahyun's breathing.

Dahyun tensed when the future doctor's hand brushed her back. She mumbled a thanks while looking at the tall Taiwanese girl in front of her. Dahyun bowed, greeting Tzuyu.

Tzuyu smiled and bowed back, "You must be Mina's friend that she talks about alot."

"Yeah." Dahyun nodded and they stared down at each other.

Mina, oblivious of what was haopening between the two girls she's with, kept of asking Dahyun if she was okay, if she feels anything different.

Dahyun shrugged as her breathing eased. "I'm fine." She grumbled out.

But then, to Dahyun's horror;

She coughed.

Dahyun clamped shut with her hands as she felt the petals fill and out .

Mina worried more.

"Aish... You mustn't run like that again! Geez, do you have asthma?"

Dahyun winced, shook her head to deny Mina's question without opening .

Cough.

This time, the Music Major grabbed the bloodied petals and pocketed it in her coat. Luckily, she was able to disguise the action by bringing out a handkerchief. She brought the rose-coloured hanky to her lips, discreetly wiping the blood that might have escaped.

Dahyun sniffed. "I thought the bus would be here."

Her excuse was bought easily by Mina;

"Jesus, Ms. Broods-alot. We both know our bus is a cursed one."

"I thought that I might've gotten the lucky day then, Annoyance." Dahyun retorted.

Mina scoffed. "That would be insane. Like, it would be so unnatural that it might be a sign that it is the end of the bloody world." 

"That's a bit exaggerated, Mina..." Tzuyu raised an eyebrow, amused at Mina's words. 

"It might be exaggerated but it might as well be the truth!" Mina replied with a giggle.

Dahyun scowled. She quietly turned away and found the bus arriving. 

"Great." She grumbled. 

"Ah... Your bus is here Mina." Tzuyu grinned as the bus stopped with a hiss. 

"Yeah... Thanks for accompanying me all the way here Tzu-Tzu!" Mina bowed. 

"Tzu-Tzu?" Dahyun grumbled more. 

"No worries, Mina! Oh, and Dahyun..." Tzuyu called the quietly brooding girl. 

Dahyun barely turned her head towards Tzuyu. 

"We should hang out sometime." Tzuyu said with a grin. 

Dahyun gritted her teeth and instead of answering, she rudely turned away and into the bus. 

Mina gaped at where Dahyun was and profusely apologized to Tzuyu by Dahyun's behaviour. Once Tzuyu said that it was okay, Mina entered the bus. 

"Well that was a bit rude..." Mina told Dahyun as soon as she sat beside her, disappointed. 

"Tch." Dahyun looked out the window as she placed her headphones on her ears.

Mina, a bit confused and mad at the grouchy friend she has, stayed quiet through the trip to their respective universities.

Silence.

"Duksung University." Flashed on the screen.

It was Dahyun's stop.

Dahyun stood up without sparing Mina a glance.

Little did she know, as soon as she left, she left a trail of petals in her wake.

 

 

 

 

 

 


And Mina picked it up from the bus floor.

-----------------------------------------

"Hanahaki Disease.

I have a ing Hanahaki Disease."

"Dahyun, what are you going to do?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?! Dahyun you'll die, at least try."

"Try to what? Confess to her?"

"What's wrong with confessing?"

"Momo, Mina has Tzuyu."

"You don't know that!"

"It's a mistake, Momo. A huge mistake I have to face."

"Don't say that. It's not a mistake."

"How did you know?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I just do."

----------------------------------------

She did not know what the just happened. 

But she's in front of Tzuyu's café.

She wanted to apologize.

But does it matter?

She's a coward. 

Does it matter? 

No. It's a mistake. 

So Dahyun walked away from the tiny shop. 

Only to find Myoui Mina in front of her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Hey." Mina greeted.