Bad Luck

Twice Upon A Time

Author's note: Embark on thy journey to the seven seas. Aish... I should stop. I being a pirate. CabinBoy/Girl!Dahyunie and Sana? Well... You'll see...

Uhm... I kind of have like a dark sense of stories when it comes to pirates. I love pirate stories but, what is a pirate story without a little bit of darkness to it. So... You have been warned.

                                   -------------

"'Tis a fine summer day for sailin' ain't it, laddie?" The captain of the ship as he slapped the short, porcelain skinned cabin boy beside him on the shoulder.

The lad winced in pain but still managed to put a smile on it's face. A fake smile that is.

"Lass, never a laddie."  The cabin boy-- ahem... Cabin girl, thought to herself. Though irritated, she nodded in agreement to the captain.

"Now Dahyun, scrub the middle deck! The Bangtan ship needs a good clean." The captain pushed Dahyun a few cleaning materials and shoved her to the main deck.

"Yes captain Rapmon." Dahyun mumbled to herself and went to the middle to start working. 

Now, she was not supposed to be here, disguising as a nineteen year old boy in a pirate ship filled with dirty old men looking for gold and treasure. No, she was not supposed to, until her brother was so kind to to get married and ride a unicorn off their little island. Supposed brother was supposed to sign in for the Bangtan ship but he signed Dahyun off instead and cut her hair while she was sleeping.

Wait... Wasn't she supposed to feel the snipping on her scalp? Nope. She did not feel anything, she's a heavy sleeper. You can't blame her, sleep is for her growth...

Ehhh...

Sort of.

And so, when she woke up, she found out that she was alone. Her smart brother left her a note on the wooden table. Wasn't he nice? But no, he was not nice at all.

Curious about the letter? Here is what was written on the letter by her lovely, punk arse brother:

Dear Dahyun,

I am sorry to leave you like this, your hair cut like a man and alone in the house but hey, the cut suits you! (Dahyun gaped when she saw this)

I went off to another island with my wife, and couldn't be any happier and I hope you would be happy for me too, but I doubt it. 

To cut this letter short dear sister, I signed you up in the Bangtan ship in my place.

Your brother, 

Jackson

 

And Dahyun has never been so furious in her Iife. It was unfair! She had to work her arse off for sustaining her own life and her brother, Jackson is just skipping along the rainbow road with his wife without a care in the world! 

But in a good side, Dahyun was earning loads of money in every expedition the crew go to, so it's still a good thing. But...

 

 

Is it?

 

 

"Alright you sniveling arses!" Captain Rapmon's voice was heard booming from the quarter deck. "Are ya'll ready for sail?"

The crew below him shouted with their ugly grins on their faces.

"Then men, undo the ropes on thee rigging and fire up the Bangtan flag! Man the crow's nest and guard the mast!" He ordered. "Jungkook, sail this here ship and Suga!"

"Yes sir." Suga, his right hand man appeared beside Rapmon with his signature monotonous voice and bored face.

"Keep the cabin boy out of the way." Rapmon groaned and glanced on Dahyun's way. "He's obedient. I like that, but sometimes---"

"Get out of the way, Dubu!" A distinct voice was heard from the lower deck.

"Sorry, Jimin." Dahyun looked down on the floor in embarrasment.

Rapmon sighed in disappointment and continued, "He's just too obedient."

"Got it sir." Suga replied and went straight to a cleaning Dahyun.

Suga has no problem with the lad, Dahyun. The lad was too nice despite being bossed around the ship by his crewmates. He would always wear that smile that practically blinds Suga and not just Suga but everyone in the ship. If only they have some sort of eyewear to ease the radiance of this boy's smile.

Sometimes he feels that he is a bad influence for Dahyun. For some reason, Dahyun picked up his dark humor but this humor is kept between the two of them and that would be Rapmon's fault for making Suga babysit Dahyun.

Crouching in front of Dahyun, he asked a question.

"You plan on cutting your hair soon, boy?" 

Dahyun looked up from her work to see Suga.

"No sir, was planning to grow it out." She replied, trying to keep her voice low.

"Hm... You finally got ter hit puberty?" Suga smirked. "Yer voice box got lower Dahyun."

"Wowie, thanks for the compliment sir. Most specially appreciated." Dahyun sarcastically mumbled. "This bloody 'co-captain' is sometimes getting on me nerves..."

"Whaddya say ta me, lad?" Suga headlocked the poor bo--- girl and forced Dahyun to stop cleaning the deck.

Dahyun struggled against Suga's hold and they began flailing around as the ship disembarked the port of their home island. The crew who were supposed to be busy in doing their "chores", as the captain Rapmon has put, can't take their eyes off these two's interaction.

"Suga, let go of me!" Dahyun growled at a grinning teal haired pirate.

"No can't do lad! Ya said something 'bout me and you better spit it out." Suga chuckled.

"No can do rat face!" Dahyun said and stepped on Suga's foot causing Suga to let go of the girl.

"Ow!" He exclaimed. "You're going to pay for that, you !" Suga glared at the cabin boy.

When Suga recovered from the pain, she ran away from the fuming pirate. She dodged a few men and a few boxes and went down to where he could be safe...

Jin's kitchen which is located just below the deck.

And so they ran around until Jin cried out in desperation.

"When can I cook here peacefully?!" Jin let out an exasperated sigh.

"Let me think..." Suga stopped chasing Dahyun and gripped a door frame. "Never."

"Yeah..." Dahyun agreed. "Besides why do you need peace for?"

"So I could concentrate on my masterpiece! Food is quite a complicated thing, children." Jin grinned.

"Wow. Masterpiece?" Suga asked.

"Oh no... Here it comes." Dahyun hid her face in her palms.

"You mean that rat-smelling dough you call bread is a masterpiece? Well... How quaint. You do need concentration." Suga snidely remarked.

And the next thing Dahyun and Suga knew, is that they were being chased by Jin with a knife in his hand.

                                   --------------

It was nightfall when the crew stopped by a nearby island to visit a tavern. Yes, a tavern, a pub or whatever you fancy to call it and Dahyun was not very estatic about it.

The men she was with were quite fasinated by the ladies in the tavern, serving them a few ales and rum. It was quite a normal sight to see to a man but for Dahyun, despite being in the Bangtan crew for three years, seeing the boys get drunk and rowdy in the tavern is a sight she will never get used to.

"Oh come on lad, just a sip!" A man who calls himself V brought her a drink.

"No thank you sir." She responded quickly.

"Awww... This cabin boy we got here *hic* is a sissy! A lass!" V laughed drunkenly. "Oi! Chim-chim." He called Jimin who is having his fifth serving of rum tonight. "Our cabin boy is a missy!"

Chim-chim laughed and swung his little cup around, spilling the contents in the process. "You ain't gonna have a girl that way Dahyun!"

"Just a sip!" Another crew member shouted at her. "Just a sip of this lovely ale from this lovely lady."

"Oi!" V called for the 'lovely lady'. "Give--- give our cabin boy a drink, eh?"

And wow, that sure is a lovely lady. She seems tall, taller than Dahyun, very pretty too. She's probably the same age as Dahyun too.

"Here you go sir." The lady put down the cup in front of her, a small smile etched on her face.

"Thank you, uhh?" Dahyun trailed off.

"Tzuyu." The girl answered. 

"Right..." Dahyun nodded and picked up the drink by the handle and mumbled "cheers" before sipping the contents in the mug.

She grimaced.

"Bitter isn't it?" Tzuyu asked.

Dahyun looked at Tzuyu again. Tzuyu's smile made her smile too.

"Yeah." Dahyun said. "I'm not a drinker."

"I can see that." Tzuyu answered as she sat down on a chair across Dahyun.

"What's it like?" 

"Hmmm?" Dahyun tilted her head in confusion.

"To travel around the seas? Along with those men?" Tzuyu looked at the rowdy men with an amused smile in her face.

Dahyun followed Tzuyu's line of sight and immediately stiffled a laugh as they see that the Bangtan crew try to dance a along to Suga's terrible singing.

"Well... It's loud, that's for sure." Dahyun replied. "And it makes you very dizzy."

"And? Do you get to fight? Or meet other pirates along the way? How do you get information about treasures?" Tzuyu excitedly asked the small cabin boy yet again.

"Those idiots always get into a fight, and yes we get into a fight with the pirates we meet. Well, sometimes. Information? Not so sure where the captain gets his stupid legends off but for some weird reasons, we would always find the treasure." Dahyun explained.

"And how about you? Do you join them in their hunting?" 

"I'm a cabin boy, I get in the way. A cabin boy scrubs the floors clean everyday or help the crew get a few things ready." Dahyun blushed in embarrasment. "So... It's not like I'm a pirate."

Tzuyu nodded.

And silence between the two started.

"Do you think I could come with you?" Tzuyu asked bashfully.

"No can do sweetheart." A familiar voice interrupted them.

They both looked at the source to find captain Rapmon frowning.

"Why not?" Tzuyu asked.

"Well..." Rapmon grabbed a seat and whispered. "I gots this tale you see, the pirates believed that girls bring bad luck to the pirate crew."

Dahyun rolled her eyes. "I'm a girl in a pirate crew for three years and there was no such thing as bad luck." She thought.

"And so, when they knew that the girl brought bad luck, they tie the girl's legs and dump 'em in the ocean. And when they do, the oceans calm down, storms go poof!" Rapmon continued. "Now if I were you lass, dream less of being a pirate."

"And?" Dahyun asked. "What happened to the girls that were tied up and thrown over board?"

"Well ain't it obvious boy, they dead." Rapmon replied.

"Did it ever happen to your crew captain?" Tzuyu asked.

Rapmon hesitated a bit but he nodded.

"Aye..." He looked far away. "I remember it as clear as a diamond." Rapmon looked at Dahyun and continued. "You weren't in the crew yet, Dahyun. I met this girl, she was so beautiful. And I thought that the story I told you before was just shenanigans but it wasn't. We voyaged the seven seas 'till the storm raged on. My crew told me that it was the lass who causes the storm and so I had no choice. I tied her up and threw her over the Blue sea. And just like that, the ocean calmed down and we were able to set sail to our destination, smoothly if I may add."

Dahyun shivered. "And, is that where we're going through? The seven seas? To where?"

"Yes, to this island called 'Treasure Island'"

                             -------------------


And so, they travelled and Dahyun was feeling nauseous, the Seven Seas. They are going through Seven Seas! Where Rapmon claimed that bad luck has going to happen if a woman was on board a pirate ship.

Jitters... She feels it. The cold sea air hitting her face sent a signal in her brain, that they are nearing the first of the Seven Seas and her heart is jumping out of her chest.

But as soon as they hit the first, then the second and the third, nothing happened and that put Dahyun's mind in ease. Maybe Rapmon's girl caught the weather in a very bad time. Coincidence, yes? Until they hit the seventh, Dahyun was not ready of what was in store for her crewmates.

"Why did we suddenly stop?" Rapmon asked.

"WHY ON EARTH DID WE STOP?!" He bellowed.

"We didn't sir!" V replied.

"Then what do you call this?!" The captain of the ship shouted.

"We don't know for sure captain." Suga calmly came to Rapmon's side. "Calm down, captain."

The arguing and the bickering continued in the background when suddenly Dahyun felt the air getting colder and the fog started to appear. Darkness spread among them.

"We're doomed." Dahyun said to herself. "And it's my fault."

She walked towards the side of the boat and leaned on the wooden rail for support, she covered her face in shame until she heard something on the water. Dahyun lowered her hands and saw the still water move. She squinted and leaned forward for a better look.

"Dahyun!" "Cabin boy!" She heard the crew call.

"Dahyun!" Someone grabbed her by the arm but she didn't care. "Don't lean too much, boy!" Suga exclaimed.

And then there was humming.

Beautiful humming.

The grip on her arm loosened. All her crew members suddenly became quiet.

"Come closer dear." A voice called Dahyun and Dahyun can't help but to move closer to the water.

There was something moving underwater and Dahyun was sure it was going to the surface and when it did, a beautiful face of a girl appeared.

She, Dahyun, was mesmerized by the girl's beauty. She smiled as the girl sang for her and she can't help but to lean furthermore.

"Sana?" Rapmon's voice was heard and Dahyun snapoed her head towards her captain. "You're alive." Rapmon whispered.

Sana's melodical laughter was heard by the crew and they came to where Sana was and instantly fell in love with her.

"Yes, Namjoon. Alive," Sana leaned to her left to float and what surprised the pirates were what Sana did. Sana raised her tail. "Alive and well..." Sana continued.

"You--- you're..." Rapmon stuttered.

"A mermaid. Thanks to you." Sana, the mermaid glared at Dahyun's captain but then faltered when she saw Dahyun.

"You are quite good looking, dear." Sana smiled. "What's your name?"

"D-- Dahyun." Dahyun replied.

The mermaid hummed happily and sang a song, making Dahyun lean more. And because of that, Sana and Dahyun are within touching. Sana cradled Dahyun's face in her hands as she continued to sing her song.

And then she stopped.

"Oh Dahyun, you do know that disguising as a boy will not change the fact that you will bring this ship down."

Dahyun's eyes widened.

"So, in exchange, I will bring you down with me instead." Sana smirked and kissed Dahyun.

Dahyun, as much as she wanted to stop, she couldn't. The mermaid, Sana, the kiss she was giving her was... Too good.

"Dahyun!" She heard the crew shout. She felt the crew desperately tried to pull her back ti the ship.

Sana ended the kiss, the crew was relieved.

"I know what you need..." Sana said before slowly sinking in the water.

"No..." Dahyun whispered. She wanted more.

She took off her brother's coat and stood on the edge of the ship, preparing to jump.

"DAHYUN STOP!" Suga shouted but it was too late.

 

 

 

Dahyun jumped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Well, yeoreobun, that did not end well... It is still Saida though! But this story is actually, supposed to be a separate fanfic so if you guys like the idea of a lured, cabin girl Dahyun and a mermaid temptress Sana then vote. I would be happy to publish a 5 chapter story about that. Sooo.... Yeaaaaah!

 

Thanks guys!