015

Bad Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 That night Wheein told Yongsun to not linger too longer around that place, said it will not be pretty at all if someone other than her finds out—exception for the two guards by the back door and another one who is now driving Yongsun back to the club before taking her to her apartment. It’s almost a little weird with how Wheein ordered these men that are five times bigger than Wheein’s size with ease. And these guys followed everything she says.

Yongsun didn’t get to ask, but she still remember it vividly her small conversation with Wheein before they parted ways.

Wheein told her to forget Byulyi because nothing can guarantee whatever relationship they have right now. She told her that Byulyi’s position is a bit dangerous as of now. She can’t tell her much, but she told her enough to understand the situation at the moment. That if Byulyi didn’t come and see her like she said she will, that means Byulyi has a good reason.

“After all, she’s a woman of her words. At least to the people she considered important.” Because Wheein said Yongsun must be important enough for Byulyi. She left Yongsun in the dark because she wanted her to stay safe. The more she knew about Byulyi, the more dangerous it will be.

Yongsun tries to control her breathing once again, now memorizing the favor Wheein asked of her. She remembered how Wheein froze the moment Yongsun stepped into her personal space and threw her arms around Wheein. It was another regard Hwasa asked her to deliver and it threw Wheein completely off guard that she was unable to function for a good five seconds.

“She said she miss you a lot.” She had told Wheein after pulling away.

She let the younger girl took her time, she noticed the way Wheein fisted her palm tightly. It perked Yongsun’s interest for a second to know what is the relationship between Hwasa and Wheein because Yongsun knew how much Hwasa can affect the girl who stood in front of her. After a moment of silence, Wheein told her the favor she wanted Yongsun to do for her. Half of it was a favor to return the regards Hwasa sent, the other half only required her to give Hwasa a piece of paper. Yongsun had to tell herself to not take a single peak inside the written paper for any reason. She looks down at the folded paper in her hand, flipping it for three times before the car stopped and soon the driver opened her door.

“We’ve arrived.” He announced, stepping aside for Yongsun to get off the car and proceed inside the club. She went straight to the bar where she spots the fierce-looking barista serving a man probably in his mid-twenties.

Yongsun takes a seat on one of the unoccupied stools and Hwasa was quick to go over her with a smile. “That was quick.” She commented, pouring a glass of a not-so-strong-almost-non-alcoholic drink for the business woman. It’s something Hwasa took note of, as if she knew she will be seeing Yongsun more. “Don’t worry, I remember your low alcohol tolerance. Also, it’s on the house. You really look like you need it.”

She gives her a small appreciative smile. Though somewhere in her mind tells her that she might need that certain amount of alcohol right now in order to keep herself sane, she would still rather not be passed out stupid at the club or end up having another one-night stand.

“So, did you meet her?”

Yongsun nods, taking her drink in one go. Now it doesn’t feel as weird as the first time with the way Hwasa know all the things she’s doing or about to do as well. Either she’s a physic or she always have lucky guesses. Yongsun settled for the latter option. “Wheein. Cute girl, a dimple on her right cheek, cute smile, cheeky, but you forgot the part that she’s super mysterious. Or the fact that such a girl is lingering around a dangerous place like that.”

Hwasa leaned on the counter, both her elbows supporting her weight as she shrugs casually with her shoulders. “Well, you didn’t exactly go there to get to know her. You went there because you wanted to see a certain someone. So, I figured it’s not all that necessary to spare you more details about Wheeinie.”

‘Wheeinie’…

Yongsun was right, she and Wheein must be really close. Close enough for Hwasa to address Wheein with such a cute nickname. She didn’t want to stay longer than she should because Wheein’s driver is still outside, waiting for her. So, she pulled out the folded piece of paper from her back pocket and put it on top of the counter, sliding it towards Hwasa who doesn’t even try to hide her smile.

“She helped me, so I’m returning her favor. She said for you to wait. Wait for what, that I don’t know because she didn’t tell me that much. Then she handed me that piece of paper, I also don’t know what she wrote in there.” Yongsun wanted to ask her about she and Wheein, but she barely know Hwasa anyway. She doesn’t want to step over the line.

Hwasa takes the folded paper, “Thank you.” She said, seemingly looking very pleased now. Yongsun was just glad she can help these two, though it is actually a give-and-take situation between her, Hwasa and Wheein.

“She’s a childhood friend of mine.” Hwasa suddenly told her.

“Pardon?”

She spares Yongsun a knowing smile. “I know you must be curious about me and Wheein. But like she said, we couldn’t tell you much. Only the fact that she and I were such close best friends in our childhood and somewhere along the way, we’re forced to take our different paths in life.” That’s kind of sad, in Yongsun’s opinion. Surely, she’d like to ask more, but she hold herself and just give Hwasa a small thank you for sharing that with Yongsun.

She left the club, and some part of her were glad that Hwasa didn’t ask anything about Byulyi. Yongsun doubt she can tell Hwasa about what she witnessed that night without breaking down. Having Wheein—basically a stranger—experiencing Yongsun in tears was enough.

Yongsun spent the rest of the journey to her place by telling the driver the way. Once they reached her apartment building, Yongsun saw a police car parked in the driveway—a familiar police car that definitely belongs to Seulgi. She lets out a soft curse remembering how her phone died and she was sure there’ll be so many missed calls and text messages from two of her friends. They must already be up there in her apartment, barging in with their spare keys that Seulgi insisted she and Irene should have in case of emergency.

“Um, thank you.” She awkwardly tells the man in the driver seat and get out of the car. She was about to go straight inside the apartment lobby when the man followed her along. She stops and turns around at him. “It’s okay. I can go to my room alone. So, you don’t have to follow me.”

But the man didn’t budge. “Miss Jung said I need to take you until you reach your door.”

Sigh. This is getting a bit annoying… Yongsun sighs, refusing to argue with this man and decide to let him do his job. “Fine, do as you please then.”

They proceed to get into the elevator and once they’re in front of Yongsun’s door, Yongsun told him that this is far enough and he should be on the go already. Thankfully, he gave in to her request and Yongsun watched him until he enters the elevator before punching her security code. It opened with a familiar beeping noise and the moment she took off her heels, hurried steps could be heard from her small living room towards where she is.

Standing there only a few steps away from her, two of her best friends looks at her worriedly—one of them, the other one is looking like an angry mother catching her only daughter coming home a bit too late after her study session.

“I’m home…” She jokingly said, trying to ease the tension.

“Yah, why are you out this late?”

See? An angry mom.

Yongsun sighs and before she can say anything in her defense, the woman in her police attire starts to speak in a serious tone. “Your phone died?” Yongsun nods. “Well, come inside first. There’s something you need to know.” She said with a frown and something inside her stomach didn’t feel right.

She knows Seulgi must have another update about Byulyi and the so-called ‘Nameless Gang’ – and after what she witnessed a couple of hours ago, she kind of doubt if she can take another bad news about Byulyi. Or maybe anything about Byulyi really.

She followed her two friends into the living room and almost stumble on her own feet. Thanks to mother—Irene—who was there to catch her from falling. Yongsun mutters a small thanks, slightly feeling bad when she saw how worried Irene looks at her. “You’re burning.” The slightly smaller woman said, her eyes soon darted to the tallest one in the room.

“I was at the club…it must be the drink.” She tried to stand on her own without Irene holding onto her but to no avail, she wobbles again so Irene refused to let go.

“No , Sol. It’s definitely not just the drink.” Irene took her to sit on the couch before looking at Seulgi again. “Can’t it wait for a few hours? I don’t think she’s in the condition to take in whatever information you have right now.”

But Yongsun is one stubborn woman indeed when she says, “Rene, I’m fine.”

The officer sighs before Irene can retort back. “Okay, just know that this is an important information which is why I need to let you know asap—”

“Then say it. What are you waiting for?”

“—But I trust my fiance’s judgement. You clearly don’t look too well right now. So, please do take your rest and let Hyun take a good care of you since she’s the best at taking other people.” Yongsun missed the slightly cheesy part and how her best friend’s cheeks are tinted slightly pinkish.

And she knew better than to be a stubborn woman right now because when it’s Irene who is going to take care of her, that means she has to obey. Irene is very strict to these things anyway. So, she let Irene do her thing and Seulgi making herself comfortable with a ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter