010

Bad Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The text message doesn’t indicate who exactly the other person is. But Yongsun doesn’t even need to ask because she knows who it is. She makes her way to her bathroom to clean herself up and she purposely take longer time in there knowing being in the bath was the only ‘rest’ she can get. It was always such a relaxing feeling when she can take her sweet time in the bathtub.

 

But once again, the universe is hating her.

 

When she hears the doorbell ringing, she quickly gets out of the bathtub, putting a towel around her self and grabs her cell phone.

 

Come in. I just finished a bath.

 

She no longer took her time to change knowing her friends are on the other side of the room, she hears muffled voice of them talking and so with a towel still around her head, she comes out of the bedroom. And there she finds her best friend sitting on the couch, holding her tv remote (she figured Irene was about to turn the tv on but held herself by putting it back on the table). The other friend was none other than her best friend's fiancé, Kang Seulgi.

 

Now if it isn't for the last thing she and Irene talked about, Yongsun would be fine and maybe a little more relaxed with Seulgi's visit. But they talked about Byulyi and Byulyi is a definite bad news. Most certainly, it wasn't the best combination having Seulgi talk about Byulyi.

 

“Unnie, I'm taking my share of Pringles here.” Seulgi turned to her while one of her hands is reaching up to one of her top shelves. “Hope you don't mind.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Don’t mess her kitchen.” Irene warned.

 

Just for your information, there has never been ‘Kang Seulgi's share of Pringles' in her apartment. It's just one of those snack supplies she has stored for some unplanned sleepover or movie night. She shrugged once Seulgi happily found her favorite snack. It's kind of cute, the sight of Seulgi hugging a can of Pringles. No one would believe she's actually an Inspector who is soon going to get promoted to Senior Inspector.

 

Now, remembering who Seulgi is, took her back to the current situation. She takes a seat next to her best friend while Seulgi sits on Yongsun's carpeted floor.

 

She doesn’t need to ask, Irene was getting straight to the point the moment everyone settled on their seats. “Seulgi did a background check on her.” Yongsun nodded in response, it didn’t surprise Yongsun anymore but she is feeling a little curious if Seulgi found more details.

 

The inspector was calm—maybe too calm as she chipping away her Pringles. But Yongsun knew better that Seulgi is listening to everything.

 

There's still a small doubt in her heart, however. Would it be okay…? Will I be able to even handle it…? Maybe not, but the curiosity is killing her little by little.

 

“How was it?”

 

There was a pause and Yongsun wonders what made Irene hesitate.

 

Then Irene sighs, “Nothing.”

 

What?

 

“What do you mean ‘nothing’?”

 

She shrugged and eyes Seulgi, “I’ll let her explain. It's out of my field.”

 

Yongsun sees Seulgi putting down her Pringles, her finge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter