001

Bad Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is a powerful yet meaningless word. The definition of it is endless but at the same time it could be so simple. Everyone around her seems to always make a big deal out of it, being in love and somehow Yongsun can't relate to it.

 

All this time her goal was to live her life well. Have a steady job, great income, and just be a successful woman before thirty. She's 26 years old now and she almost achieve those life goals, even the tiny ones like getting a decent cosy apartment, a comfortable sofa bed, that curved TV she's been eyeing for quite some time, nailing some of her favourite food recipes, great and supportive friends—getting friends came naturally though but getting the ones that are supportive enough with your idea of being forever alone is definitely a huge bonus.

 

Some of her friends are worried at first, of course they are, all of them believe Yongsun just haven't found the one yet and she's not even trying. No, if you think she's single because she's ugly, then you are very wrong. Yongsun has the look, the money, the everything, both women and men could ever ask for, she just doesn't have the desire to share it with anyone else. She had a few flings, a few co-workers and people at the bar went as far as to come at her and ask Yongsun if she needs company in which she always have ways to turn them down—most of the time.

 

She even tried to go out and have a small experimental date with two of her friends and it all ended up with the fact that her friend thought the only thing lacking about Kim Yongsun is that she doesn’t do special feelings. No, not emotionless, not even heartless… Instead, she’s anything but lovable, she's nice to everyone, she tries her best to be nice when she rejects people's request even though most of the time she still end up offending them or hurting their feelings, but she is notably a kind human being and it's quite unfortunate she lacks that one part where she almost don't believe in love because she don't know how to produce that in her.

 

Eventually, everything back to square one: Kim Yongsun haven't met the one yet.

 

"Hey."

 

Yongsun looked up to see a girl in an approximately close distance, invading her personal space as if it's natural for them, Yongsun startled but she held it in.

 

She backed away a little, creating a good gap between them to look at her better. She took her time to observe the girl’s appearance. She looks younger than Yongsun, her eyes were sharp, her nose is pointy, her hair is dark but it's not quite black—Yongsun wasn't sure if it was blue or purple because of the lightning. She's pretty, Yongsun gives her that. The girl wears a ripped denim jacket with a t-shirt underneath it, paired with black skinny jeans.

 

"Um, yes?" She managed to finally asks.

 

Casually, the girl took the unoccupied seat next to Yongsun, sitting down a little too close for her taste considering she's nothing but a stranger at the club. "You see, my friend over there keeps nagging me to ask for your name and number."

 

That earned an audible scoff from the office woman. "Oh, really? Why don't your friend come and ask me themselves?"

 

"'Cause they said you're out of their league and I thought they were kidding." Yongsun raises an eyebrow. "Until I talk to you." And here it comes.

 

Yongsun knew this will lead to another flirtation and if Yongsun is in the mood, they may end up in a heated make out session that will later lead to waking up in a random hotel nearby and most likely be the first one to wake up, Yongsun will either leave a note that says 'don't try to find me’ or just flee with no trace.

 

It always works that way, Yongsun makes sure it works that wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter