Her Decision

Her Pregnancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

Her Decision

 

“I agree with it”

 

Soojung stared at Jongin unbelievably as he approved SM proposed bid. She didn’t know whether she should be happy or sad to hear his answer. On one side, Jongin is a man she has long known and also there’s a little feeling in her heart toward him. But, it can’t be denied that she doubts his seriousness to take over the responsibility of being the father of a baby who isn’t his biological child. Is he really able to love this baby? Will he be a good husband after what they’ve been through for 3 years dating?

While the other side, somehow she felt guilty about Minhyuk. She knew she shouldn’t have separated this child from the real father. But everything turned more complicated. She really had no idea about what to do.

 

“Jongin-ah, are you sure about this? You know it isn’t your baby” Soojung sternly said

“What sajang-nim said is true, Soojung-ah. It would be a huge scandal if netizen knew that I wasn’t the father while they know we’re still together. So I think we should get married, Soojung” Jongin calmly stated.

“NO!” then everyone turned to Jessica who was looking so mad at him, “… forget about people’s opinions, it’s about your life, Jongin-ah. Your relationship is over and this baby isn’t your child, so please don’t make things more complicated” Soojung was relieved that what she wanted to say had been conveyed earlier by her sister.

“I wish I could close my eyes and ignore all of this, noona. But still, I can’t ignore all negative words made by netizen toward Soojung. It will happen and we’ll never be the same again, especially you Soojung-ah. You’ll be forever hated and I’m sure my fans will continue to terrorize you, him and your baby. That’s what I’m most afraid of”

“Jongin-ah…” Soojung stared at him with so much guilt in her heart

“I don’t care about that guy, but YOU! It will be so hard for you to face it, so please… I’m begging you for the sake of many parties, let me marry you Soojung. Let me be the father of your child, so public will think that we’re a happy couple and you’ll be free from threats. You can raise your child without any worries and even continuing your career”

 

Everybody turned silence as Jongin voiced out his heart.

Damn you Kkamjong. Damn you for being so smart and convincing ‘cos it obviously makes Soojung more confused and frustrated.

 

“That’s the point, thank you Mr. Kim” a triumphant smile plastered on Lee Sooman’s face. “… so, now the decision is on you, miss Jung”

 

Soojung bit her lips nervously. She could feel something strange growled inside her stomach. Hey baby, is that you? Can you feel your mommy’s confusion? Do you want to help mommy, dear?

She stared at her family who was also looking at her with tears on their faces. Jessica was silence but still trying to convince her little sister to turn down the idea through her hopeful gaze.

 

I’m sorry oppa….

 

“I… I ag-agree with it” she finally made a decision that could make everyone hold their breath in surprise, including Jongin who was looking at her intensively,

“Alright, with this you’ll immediately announce to public that you’re engaged and will be married soon..” Soojung closed her eyes desperately as the CEO spoke, it was the moment when her tears were finally falling down. “… secretary Choi will immediately prepare some documents that you need to sign and of course after this you have to wear a couple ring so that public will notice about your wedding plans”

 

Whatever you say, sajang-nim, jinjja whatever. I don’t care about the plan, whatever it is. Just do what you want to do as long as I can save my baby – Soojung mentally said with tears kept streaming on her almost-bared-face.

 

“Congratulations Krystal and Kai, I hope this case won’t disturb your activity. Please be professional and focus on your work” another SM officials voiced out

“Whoah daebak, I’m sure their wedding news will be trending like their previous dating news leaked. Oh I can’t wait to arrange the press conference” and also SM Head Executive Public Relation.

 

Those comments only makes her heart hurt even more. Oh God, how much she regretted her decision to extend her contract with SM and refused her sister’s offer to join Coridel. Now she’s more convinced that SM really never care about their artists. The only thing that matters to them is only about money, fame and glory. They will do anything to maximize profits regardless of the welfare of their artists. RIP SM Entertainment, RIP Jung Soojung.

 

“Alright thank you for coming ladies and gentlemen, we’ll meet again in the next meeting. Thank you”

“Soojungie..” Mrs. Jung ran toward Soojung and hugged her tight while crying so hard. She tried her best to hold back her tears during the meeting, but she could no longer hold it when Lee Sooman ended the meeting and left the room with his staffs.

“I’m sorry eomma, I’m really sorry” that’s what she could say to her mother, drowning her face onto he mother’s shoulder as she cried bitterly.

“You shouldn’t approve it Soojung-ah. You have the right to choose your way of life. Don’t worry dear, eomma will help you to raise your child. We’ll never leave you, Kang Minhyuk will never leave you either, don’t you trust him Soojungie? You shouldn’t marry someone else Soojungie” Mrs. Kim said between her sobs.

That heartbroken scene manages to make everyone’s eyes filled with tears, Victoria, Luna and Jessica even sobbing while Jongin could only lower his head uneasily.

“Gwenchana eomma, after this everything will be fine. I will live happily with Jongin. Hey don’t you remember that Jongin and I were almost 10 years together, eomma? He will take a good care of me and also this baby. Don’t worry eomma, we’ll be happy. Just trust him like you do to me”

 

Though she felt terribly sad and hurt, Soojung tried her best to convince her mother that everything we’ll be fine. She knew, it was enough for her mother to feel embarrassed and disappointed knowing her youngest pregnant outside of marriage. She doesn’t want to burden her parents with people’s negative words to her family. It would completely ruin her whole life.

 

Meanwhile, Kim Jongin ventured himself to approach Jung family. “Maybe I’m not the right person to marry your daughter, sir, but I promise I’ll take care of her and make her happy” he sincerely said to the silence Mr. Jung

“Jongin-ah, you know it might ruin your career. This doesn’t rule out fans will leave you too. Why don’t you let Soojung alone? We’ll take care of it, so you don’t need to get involved in this problem” Mr. Jung calmly said

It took him a few seconds to think the right words to say, “Ummh, because I love her, sir”

“But this is not your child, Jongin-ssi. Will you love him? Will you take a good care of him?” Mrs. Jung asked, still with tears in her face

“I will, maam. I promise you I will love the child like it’s my own”

“Kim Jongin, it’s not just a matter of feeling, but also a great responsibility as a husband and father will be on your shoulders. So, for the last time I asked you, son…” Mr. Jung stared at him seriously, “… are you really going to marry my daughter? And love the baby wholeheartedly?”

“Yes, I will sir”

 

With his firm answer, people’s gaze began to soften. They sighed with relief at the conversation between the EXO kid and Soojung’s dad, which made them a little relieved that at least Soojung didn’t have to go through the problem alone. Although they still don’t understand what the reason behind her decision, they hope it’s the best for all parties, especially for her and the baby.

 

“Well, as Soojung’s parents, we can only support whatever her decision. Hopefully that’s the best for you guys…” then Mr. Jung came closer to Jongin before hugging him fatherly, “… please take care of my daughter, you know I’ll kick your to the hell if you’re treating her bad” he added with serious tone.

“Yes, I understand sir. Thank you for accepting me”

 

The next moment, one by one all FX members and managers were congratulate the couple except the oldest Jessica Jung who was still silent with her arms folded across her chest and her sharp gaze that seemed to pierce him at any time.

 

“I won’t be that easy for you” She exclaimed sharply, ignoring her mother’s touch

“Jung Seungyeon!” Mr. Jung warned the oldest to behave but she insisted to remain silent and mad.

“It’s okay sir, I hope noona will accept me someday” Jongin said

“Yeah keep dreaming, boy. I know what you’ve done to my sister, Jongin-ah. I really won’t forgive you if something happened to her or my nephew” Sica sarcastically said.

 

Well at this state, Soojung understand about her sister’s behavior. She knew everything about her love life. Jessica indeed knows who Kim Jongin is and how their relationship for the last three years, so no wonder if now she became a team Minhyuk.

 

“Seungyeon-ah, mommy never teach you like this. Please don’t be rude dear” Mrs. Jung tried to calm her daughter.

“Yes noona” Jongin added

“Well, we’ll see you again in the next meeting, son. Maybe that’s the moment we’re going to meet your family” Mr. Jung spoke

“Yes sir, I’ll immediately tell my parents about this”

“We’re leaving first, Jongin-ah. Please take care of yourself. You need to rest, you seemed tired” Mrs. Jung patted his shoulder lovingly and smiled.

Ah who can resist Mrs. Jung kindness? She’s so lovely and motherly. Jongin found peace in his soon to be mother in law somehow. He bowed deeply as a gratitude to Soojung’s parents.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter