End of Us

Her Pregnancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Minhyuk’s Apartment, Seoul

6 am

 

The digital wall clock shown at 6 am when Soojung opened her eyes slowly. She was still lying on comfortable bed with a thick blanket covering all over her body.

 

Ah too early to start the day. She remembered she has no schedule today. But still, she has something important that must be resolved soon. So, with a heavy heart she forced herself to get up and leaned against the headboard while yawning lazily.

 

“Oh what time now?” she mumbled to herself, reaching for her phone to see the clock. “.. gosh it’s still early, okay I’m going to sleep again. Annyeong”

Soojung was about to go back to sleep when she realized she wasn’t in her own bedroom.

 

CRAP!

 

She instantly returned to its original position, roaming her eyes everywhere. She flashed a smile as she realized who the owner of the room that feels masculine with white coloured domination, simple furniture and also stuffs scattered everywhere. And to clarify who the owner of this room is, a white spoiled cat approached her before her head into Soojung’s arm lazily.

 

“Aww chichi, where’s appa, huh?” she asked, her thick fur.

The cat just answered it with a long meow before getting out of the bed and walked toward the door. “Oh he’s outside? Okay give me a minute. Eomma will wash my face first, eoh?”

 

As everyone knows, Tata and Chichi are Kang Minhyuk’s beloved cats that he cares for like his own kids. But not many people know that from the beginning, Soojung was the one who accompanied him to take care of his cats, and even acted like they’re truly parents by calling themselves as mom and dad. Even their close friends said they were crazy, ckckck.

 

Soojung took a few more minutes to lay her back on the headboard while remembering conversation between her and Minhyuk last night. Ah she remembers how he reacted when she told him that she really had cancel the wedding and decided to marry him instead. She remembers how tightly his arms around her when she said that she also loved him. She remembered how they passed the night like a marriage couple; Soojung washes the dishes after dinner then continues to eat vanilla ice cream while watching baseball game on tv and ends with a light chat before going to sleep. Yes, for the umpteenth time Soojung decides to stay at his apartment even though they’re consistent not to have before officially married.

 

That night, accompanied by a heavy rain outside, they talked about a lot of things. About their feelings toward each other. About their marriage plans. About life after marriage and also about their future child. Minhyuk and Soojung agreed to colour the children’s room in white, whatever their baby’s gender would be.

They even agreed to buy a house that has a backyard so they could build a mini playground complete with swings and sand pool for their children. In the end, they both fell asleep after tired of thinking of a name for the baby. Well it was the first time she felt very calm and comfortable. With Minhyuk, she didn’t have to think about the problem they were facing. With him, everything feels easier and less stressful.

 

Her reverie was dispersed when her stomach suddenly felt sick. Without a second thought Soojung immediately ran to the bathroom and threw up.

 

She gasped as she felt someone gently rub her back.

 

“Gwenchana?”

“Oppa, don’t get close!” Soojung pushed Minhyuk slowly as he was now kneeling beside her with worried face.

 “How can I ignore you when you suffer like this, huh? Is it hurt?”

Then after she feels better, Minhyuk helped her to stand up and clean her face in the sink.

“Should we go to hospital now? I’m worried about you” He said after helping her lie on the bed and pulled the blanket down to her chest.

Soojung shook her head and smiled, “Gwenchana, this will get better soon”

“But you look so pale, Soojung. I’ll ask Sica noona or my manager to take you to hospital”

Soojung let a small laugh before caressing his cheek, “Yya, don’t exaggerate oppa. I’m totally fine. After all unnie has to do something at her office while it’s impossible for your manager to leave you guys only to take care of me”

“He can take the afternoon flight after dropping you off” Minhyuk still insisted.

“Oppa, stop making me feel like I’m about to die. I’m fine, I just feel a bit dizzy and nauseous and that’s a very natural thing experienced by pregnant women…” she observed his face, trying to convince him. “… hey listen to me, I promise you I’ll immediately go to hospital if something bad happen. So, don’t worry too much, okay?”

The moment she gently caressed his face once again, his expression softens. He finally nodded, “Alright”

“Nah, now you better get ready. Manager oppa will come soon”

“Umh” he nodded, “… ah wait here, don’t go anywhere, okay?” he then got up and walked out. Shortly afterwards Minhyuk came in with a tray in his hands which containing a plate of yummy chocolate croissant and also a glass of warm banana milk for her.

“Whoah daebak, you cooked?” She felt surprise as she helped him to put the tray on the bed.

“Uhuh, I was going to make sandwich with half-cooked egg and ham for breakfast, but I think you’d rather eat this croissant, so I made it when you’re still sleeping”

“Aww how sweet you are, gomaweyo oppa. Saranghae” then she pecked his lips before drinking milk first.

 

Little things that can make her happy. Soojung never received a homemade breakfast before. Well of course Jongin often gave her some breads before morning practice, but that was different. He bought it, not specially cook it for her. No one has ever cooked something for her until Kang Minhyuk did it this morning. Aww so sweet of you, kang.

 

“Ppali eat a lot!” he playfully ruffled her hair before standing up to prepare his stuffs because in 20 minutes his manager would come to pick him before heading for the airport along with his three brothers. Yeah, cnblue will hold concert for two days in Japan.

 

“What’s your schedule today, Soojung?” he asked from the walk in closet area as he picked outfits for the day.

“I’m going to meet sajang-nim to file my resignation letter and take care of the press conference preparation. You know, Jongin and I will soon publicly announce that we’ve been apart”

Her sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter