First Check

Her Pregnancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

First Check

 

Upon arriving at San Francisco International Airport, Minhyuk and Jessica decided to take Soojung to a nearby hospital since she was getting weaker due to continuous vomiting. Her face looked pale and she even had to use a wheelchair because she couldn’t walk.

 

“Hello Mr. and Mrs. Kang” the obstetricians greeted as they entered the medical room.

Mrs. Kang? Oh really? Both Minhyuk and Soojung felt a bit weird to hear the call while Jessica could only her smile to see the younger’s reaction.

“Hi doc” Jessica and Krystal greeted in unison

“So, it’s your first pregnancy?” The doctor asked while checking Soojung’s medical record which she just filled in.

“Yes”

“May I know when your last period?”

“Umhh I don’t know, maybe about a month ago? I’m not sure” she replied in fluent English.

“Okay, let’s check it first” Then the doctor asked Soojung to lie down on medical bed

 

Soojung felt terribly nervous as Minhyuk helped her to move from wheelchair to bed. In the next few seconds she will see her baby for the first time. For some reason her feelings were mixed up, between happy, excited and also scared considering her very weak body. She was afraid something happened to the baby after a long and exhausting trip.

 

“Please lower your pants” the nurse politely asked while she helped the doctor to lubricate a medical thing.

“Everything?” Soojung shocked, she was about to ask Minhyuk to go out before hearing the nurse

“Don’t be shy, Mrs. Kang. Your husband is used to see your body, right? Besides he must be want to see his baby”

 

Okay, let me repeat what she said ‘used to see your body’, oh God if Soojung could say that the baby was created by the intimate moment they did for the very first and last time. It was an accident and Minhyuk was certainly wasn’t used to see her body, obviously. But at the end, she lost over the nurse. The last sentences she uttered totally true. Minhyuk should see his very own baby, his little baby drummer.

 

Soojung obeyed her orders to lower her pants. Alright, it was clearly the most awkward moment he ever faced. Kang Minhyuk immediately turned his face nervously as her lower body was perfectly exposed. There wasn’t a single of yarn covering her lower part except for a thin sheet of cloth which was then given by the nurse to keep her from getting cold.

 

“Okay, let’s see the baby” the doctor typed something on the monitor before running the lubricated medical thing on top of Soojung’s flat belly while everybody was waiting nervously.

“Wow yeah, say hello to your baby, darling” the doctor smiled, pointing to a black dot whose magnitude is no more than 5 mm. it’s really tiny ‘till she has to draw a line to measure how long it is.

“Is..is it my baby?” Soojung’s voice that was choked in finally got out.

“Is that really our baby?” Minhyuk was stunned, not a single wink at the screen.

 

Minhyuk, Soojung and Jessica were focused observing the fetus being examined by a doctor. They hardly believe that the creature labeled ‘baby’ is really exist in Soojung’s womb. It reinforced the notion that Soojung was indeed pregnant. She will be a mother in the next few months. She will soon hold her little baby and smile when she/he cry. Soojung suddenly felt very sentimental. Jessica even had to hug her sister when her tears broke suddenly.

 

“Unniee..”

“Gwenchana Soojung-ah, yeay congratulations dear!” Sica kissed her sister’s head while caressing her hair lovingly. She also felt blessed because soon she will be officially an aunt! “… congratulations Hyukkie-ya” then she turned to Minhyuk who was still stunned watching the monitor.

“Congratulations Mr. Kang, your baby is now 5 weeks old” the doctor told them

“5 weeks?” Minhyuk was shocked

“Yes, and your baby is healthy. Look, as you can see there are no signs of abnormalities in your baby, but I suggest you to check again in the next 2 weeks to ensure the growth. I hope there’s nothing serious” she told them as put the equipment and invited them to return to the seat to continue their conversation while the nurse swiftly cleaned the remaining gel that attached to Soojung’s belly.

“… but she looks, ehm I mean my wife, looks so weak and constantly vomiting. Is that dangerous?” Minhyuk worriedly asked.

“Don’t worry, that’s normal. Your wife might having hyperemesis”

“What’s that?” Sica frowned not understand

“It’s a pregnancy complication that is characterized by severe nausea, vomiting, weight loss and possibly dehydration. It’s kind of heavy morning sickness”

“Is that dangerous to my baby, doc?” Soojung then joined the conversation as she seated herself next to Minhyuk.

“Yes if you’re dehydrated and malnourished, it will hamper the baby’s growth”

“Then what should I do, doc?” Soojung was indeed scared. Somehow she was afraid of losing her baby.

“Don’t worry, I will prescribe vitamins, but most importantly you should bed rest and don’t stress. Immediately go to hospital if you see spots of blood or feel pain in the lower abdomen” the doctor said while typing prescription on the screen.

“Yes doc” the couple said in unison.

“Good, once again congratulations Mr and Mrs Kang, you’ll soon be a parent” she smiled warmly, makes the couple felt incredibly happy somehow.

“Thank you doc” three of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter