Heartache

Her Pregnancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Heartache

 

Singapore General Hospital, Marina Bay

11 pm

The trip down the hall to the room where Soojung was being treated feels like hundred years. His steps was heavy and his mind filled with recording the conversation between him and Lee Sooman a few moments ago.

 

“Jongin-ah, do you know that Soojung is pregnant?” the CEO calmly asked

“WHAT?!”

“She’s pregnant with your child and you must take responsibility, Jongin-ah”

“No, you kidding me sir. We never do that”

It was the moment when Amber suddenly got up and was ready to punch him in the face if only Victoria didn’t hold her, “How dare you to say that, you bastard!”

“Calm down, Am” Victoria tried to make the boyish member sit back but she refused and continued to attack Jongin with harsh words.

“… You ruined her life!! And now you refused to take responsibility, what kind of man you are!! You’re such a loser Jongin!!” Amber shot him with full emotions.

“Amber Liu calm down! Let’s solve this wisely, you guys aren’t kids anymore, right?” Lee Sooman voiced out, makes the room into silence again. “… so, you know who’s the father?” he turned to the quiet Jongin again.

“No, sajang-nim. We broke up a month ago then she disappeared”

Everyone held their breath to hear his answer. Their head filled with questions of who’s the man who had impregnated Soojung. Then the atmosphere became very quiet and tense.

 

Jongin still doesn’t believe in fact that his ex-girlfriend is pregnant. He just talked to her a few hours ago for God’s sake! And she looks fine, no, she’s indeed looked very pale and tired. Oh God, why he didn’t notice the change on her face. He rubbed his face in frustration.

 

That night, SM Chairman Lee Sooman, allowed him to meet Soojung accompanied by his manager and also a number of bodyguards to ensure his presence in hospital isn’t known by public. Tonight, Jongin was determined to make sure who’s the father of her unborn child, when they did it and why she did it to him. He struggled to keep the pain in his heart. It’s the first time he has felt so devastated and hurt, even more painful than losing her because he knows this time he will completely lose Soojung forever.

 

“I’ll be waiting for you here, Jongin-ah. Please don’t let the emotions overwhelm your common sense, talk about this calmly and wisely” the manager reminds him before letting the dancing machine get into the room.

 

Jongin held his breath as he saw Soojung lying weakly with a drip hose attached to one of her hand. He approached the bed, quietly studying her sleeping face.

“Jongin?” she called weakly as she opened her eyes

“I’m here” he held her hand carefully while Soojung trying to get up, “… hey don’t move, just lying on the bed” he warned her but ended up helping her to sit.

“Gwenchana, I’m not sick Jongin-ah. I’m just…” she stopped her words, glancing at him with guilt creeping in her heart.

“I know”

 

There you go. She held her breath to see his reaction. From the beginning, Soojung knew that someday he would know this. She just didn’t think he knew this way. She didn’t expect they would talk about her pregnancy here, in the hospital, also with the fact that the whole SM family already knew about this. Perfect.

 

“I’m sorry, Jongin-ah”

“Why you doing this to me, Soojung-ah?” he said bitterly with blank stare, “… I trust you”

“…”

“I thought we could build a family, Soojung-ah. Me, you, our children, our house, our dogs.. I saw the future with you. I was ready to give up on everything, to turn my back on everything just to be with you, but why you doing this to me, Soojung-ah? Why?” Jongin cried. He could no longer hold back his tears as everybody know that she’s his truly weakness.

“…”

“I love you so much, I love you so much ‘till it hurts..” his tears turned into sobs, making her unable to hold back her tears. “… why did you betray me, Soojung-ah? You know you’re the love of my life, you know how much I love you, Soojung-ah”

Soojung couldn’t help but to touch his hand as tears kept streaming down her cheeks endlessly. “I’m sorry, Jongin-ah”

“So this is the reason why you left me, huh?”

“…” Soojung shook her head

“Do you love him that much ‘till you willingly give your ity? Does he mean so much to you, Soojung-ah? Ppali tell me” Jongin desperately asked

“Jongin-ah…” she called him bitterly

“Answer me Jung Soojung!” his voice began to rise as emotions filled his whole heart, “… Who’s he ‘till you can do this to me? Is he a millionaire? Is he an idol? Do I know him? Ppali answer me Soojung-ah! You make me crazy, argh!!”

“…” but again, she remained silent with tears in her bared-face. She can’t tell Kang Minhyuk was the one who impregnated her. She can’t reveal his identity ‘cos somehow she felt it would only make things worse. Then despite having to endure the pain, Soojung is forced to let him think that she has betrayed him with another man, if it can save many parties.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter