You laughed!

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally getting somewhere :P

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy!! <3

 

 

After their afternoon together, Kihyun didn’t know how to treat Changkyun. The latter seemed more comfortable around him and he even waved his hand when they arrived at Charms class on Thursday morning. Kihyun was trying to hide the fact that he went to an empty room with Changkyun to work and also practiced spells as if they were friends. He didn’t like sharing those kind of stories with the others and the Ravenclaw student got his message after he flashed him his most terrifying glare. The pink haired knew he promised not to curse Changkyun but he didn’t say anything about treating him nicely. He was still a filthy mudblood for him and that wouldn’t change. Kihyun hated his confused heart at that moment and he read lots of books to see if he could live without it. Maybe it would be better not to have a heart if said heart didn’t work well. Racing every time he saw his enemy wasn’t something normal and Kihyun had to turn around to make it stop. Why did Changkyun have to ruin everything by telling him he loved his voice? Before that, his heart was completely fine and that knobhead had to ruin everything as always.

After searching for a solution to take out his heart in every possible book - he spent his whole Friday afternoon inside the Library and even went into the restricted section - he gave up and changed his plan. ‘What if I murder Changkyun instead?’ he thought while walking to the second Quidditch match of the year. All the students were heading to the pitch and Kihyun was absentmindedly following his friends while he thought about using the Killing Curse on Changkyun. ‘I’m going mental’ he shook his head, leaving his idea of killing Changkyun aside. ‘I could just avoid Changkyun’ his mind wouldn’t stop processing and, for a second, he considered going to the Common Room and not watching the match. Seeing Changkyun fly while Lucy and Hollie were by his side didn’t seem like a good idea. The two of them were wearing Belle’s blue scarfs on top of their green ones from Slytherin and Hyungwon wanted one too because he had only a blue flag to cheer for them. Kihyun didn’t like cheering anyone and much less if it wasn’t Slytherin so he didn’t take anything, just his uniform and two scarfs to cover himself from the cold.

When they were about to reach the Quidditch pitch, Changkyun passed through the crowd of people running. Kihyun stared at him in confusion and Hyungwon started following him. Seeing the tall one running was unusual and weird. Hyungwon was lazy and he didn’t like doing anything that required physical effort - only Quidditch -. The Slytherin student stopped the Ravenclaw Seeker and pointed at his scarf. Kihyun rolled his eyes at the scene and saw Changkyun laughing before giving the scarf to Hyungwon. Changkyun laughing: the thing the pink haired hated the most in the entire world. Why did he have those sloppy teeth? Didn’t he want to fix them? And the thing that annoyed Kihyun the most was his own heart, once again betraying him. The Ravenclaw Seeker patted Hyungwon’s arm and left, running like crazy to the dressing room. He had his broom in his hand and Kihyun wondered why didn’t he use it instead of running like an idiot.

Hyungwon waited for them until they reached his side and showed Lucy the blue scarf he was holding with a smile. “Throw that before you get sick” Kihyun said and the two sisters rolled their eyes. Hyungwon ignored his comment and circled his neck with the blue scarf, walking to the pitch with a grin on his face. Kihyun ignored them until they finally reached their seats. They were up front because the Bloom sisters and Hyungwon insisted but Kihyun wanted to disappear. He would be able to see Changkyun better from there and he wasn’t in the mood to deal with his confused heart. ‘He’s a bad Seeker’ he thought, trying to convince himself. Everyone cheering around him made him feel sick and wish to be inside his Common Room, studying Transfiguration in silence.

Minutes later, the Hufflepuff team appeared, wearing their blinding yellow robes. They showed a clean performance around the pitch and Kihyun saw Hoseok waving his hand at some admirers he had. Shin Hoseok was the captain of the team and also a Chaser. He called women’s attention with his muscular body but he wasn’t that good at playing - in Kihyun’s opinion -. The pink haired believed he should stay in the art room instead of showing himself around the Quidditch pitch. However, Kihyun liked Hoseok’s decisions, his team was good. Robert was the one who chose his friends over talented Gryffindor students and Kihyun didn’t like that. There was a reason he kicked Lucy Bloom out of his team, even if she complained for months.

The Ravenclaw team appeared after Hufflepuff and it was a big difference. Kihyun didn’t want to admit it - like always - but Alana was a genius like him. The girl chose spectacular players, each one with amazing individual skills. As they flew around the pitch, they showed their talent but Kihyun’s eyes were - once again - fixated in one particular person. Changkyun’s blue robe moved with the cold wind and it looked so ethereal and delicate. ‘Oh, shut up, Kihyun’ he told himself and looked away, only to find the Bloom sisters raising their eyebrows twice at him. ‘Bad idea’ he thought, turning to look front once more. He preferred avoiding the Bloom sisters instead of a clueless Changkyun that didn’t know he was hypnotized by his talent. The Ravenclaw Seeker made a dangerous trick in unison with Alana and Kihyun tried not to show how impressed he was. ‘I can do that too’ he thought, and it was true, but he was still amazed because Changkyun did it differently. ‘It is surely because of his toothpick like body’ he crossed his arms over his chest, annoyed not only with his heart but with his mind too.

“Having an inner fight, Kihyunnie?” Lucy asked, making him blush. How did they know everything? They were too young to use Legilimency.

“What are you talking about? I’m not having an inner fight I’m just thinking how much I hate to see Ravenclaw playing” the pink haired lied, turning back to the game not to show his blush. Lucy and Hollie let him be after that and the match begun. Lee Minhyuk was back in his commentator position and he wouldn’t shut up for a second. Kihyun wanted to punch his face because he said nothing good about the two teams. Even if he didn’t like Hufflepuff nor Ravenclaw, he hated commentators with all his might.

The two teams were having a hard time scoring because their two Keepers were good. Kihyun loved going against Gryffindor first because it was easy to win but he knew Hufflepuff wasn’t like that, even if Ravenclaw was way better. Hoseok was strong and Hyunwoo too - he was also a Chaser - and they stopped Belle twice, even if she was fast. After a while Ravenclaw had 100 points and Hufflepuff 70. The match was taking longer than they believed it would and Kihyun quickly searched for Changkyun with his eyes. The latter wasn’t moving, he was looking at his teammates in silence while Noah Miller - Hufflepuff Seeker - flew around to find the golden Snitch. “Changkyun! Move!” Hyungwon yelled, growing impatient. The latter had his blue flag up in the sky and kept on cheering for Ravenclaw.

“It seems Changkyun doesn’t know how to play today” Lee Minhyuk said with a laugh and Kihyun felt the strong wish of slapping Changkyun’s head to make him react. The pink haired was cursing under his breath but he suddenly noticed something: the Snitch. The black haired was staring at the golden Snitch but he wasn’t moving and Kihyun understood his reasons. If Ravenclaw wanted to win the Cup, they had to get more points. Changkyun was waiting for his team to gain more points so they could win the Quidditch Cup. ‘You smart prat’ Kihyun thought and realized Alana knew exactly what he was doing. She didn’t scold him, not even once. “Maybe a Bludger hit his head before the match” Minhyuk laughed again but McGonagall shushed him - she hated rivalry -.

When Ravenclaw had 190 points, Changkyun flew like the wind and caught the Snitch without any problems, startling Noah big time. Everyone in the Hufflepuff team seemed confused on how he found the Snitch so fast if he wasn’t even trying. Alana was so happy she started doing circular motions around the pitch before finally touching the ground with her feet. Kihyun saw the Ravenclaw team hugging but then felt a hand squeezing his wrist to drag him downstairs. It was Hollie, who followed Lucy and Hyungwon closely. Kihyun knew they wanted to congratulate Changkyun and Belle though he didn’t want to. He remembered how nice Changkyun was when he won against Gryffindor but he wasn’t nice, he couldn’t say nice things to Changkyun.

“Congratulations!” the Bloom sisters yelled happily and went to hug Belle first. Hyungwon, on the other hand, ran to Changkyun, lifting him from the floor. The black haired got extremely surprised when that happened and Kihyun could perceive his awkwardness around Hyungwon.

“Here’s your scarf, thank you” Hyungwon smiled and Changkyun took the scarf, wrapping it loosely around his neck. “You knew what you were doing back there, huh?” the Slytherin tall student said and the black haired nodded.

“Of course I knew what I was doing, I just didn’t want Noah to realize I already saw the Snitch” Changkyun explained and Kihyun sighed.

“Well played, Alana!” Hoseok waved his hand at the captain and she waved back, muttering a shy ‘thanks’ in return. Her long, curly blond hair was tied in a pony tail and she was playing with it while staring at Hoseok. She was one of Hoseok’s admirers but she didn’t like showing it that much - she just didn’t realize she was extremely obvious -.

Kihyun stared at the scene in front of him without knowing what to do. He didn’t want to say anything to them and, the moment Jooheon and Robert lifted Changkyun in the air - with an infiltrated Hyungwon -, he decided it would be a good opportunity to run away. He didn’t do it though, he couldn’t look like a coward.

Changkyun was left on the floor after he announced he was getting dizzy and his eyes were suddenly on Kihyun, who was too petrified to say anything. “Hi” the Ravenclaw student waved his hand at him. “Why are you down here?” he asked and everyone turned to look at them, prepared to grab them if they started fighting again.

“They dragged me” Kihyun simply replied, crossing his arms over his chest and looking away.

“Kihyun meant to say you were brilliant” Hollie said, hi-fiving with her sister as always.

“That’s not true-

“Thanks” Changkyun smiled and turned to talk to his friends, completely ignoring Kihyun’s whims and the Bloom sisters’ satisfied expressions.

 

 

The next morning Changkyun got up early as always but, since it was Sunday, all his classmates were fast asleep on their beds. He silently changed clothes, wearing some jeans with a t-shirt and a sweater under his Ravenclaw robe. He didn’t need to use his uniform that day and he loved changing for at least once a week. He grabbed his thick scarf that was hanging from his bed’s wooden edge and wrapped it loosely around his neck before tiptoeing downstairs - taking his books with him -. The Common Room was completely empty which surprised him. Changkyun hoped it wasn’t that early because he wanted to have breakfast before going to his secret room to study and finish his homework.

The Ravenclaw student walked through Hogwarts corridors and just a few students were around. Changkyun always loved the castle and, even if he enjoyed being with his parents a lot, he couldn’t wait to return. It was scary knowing he only had one more year left and he wished he could stay as a teenager forever so he could go back to Hogwarts every year for the rest of his life. It was silly considering he wanted to become an Auror and it was a fun job but he couldn’t help it; Hogwarts was like his second home and he liked learning more and more.

The Great Hall was full of professors and just a few students having breakfast. He sat alone there and started eating. The large window behind the professors’ table showed how snow started falling and Changkyun knew it would be very cold inside the secret room. The raven haired loved winter, it was his favorite season and he enjoyed the Grounds of Hogwarts covered in white. Changkyun spaced out for a few minutes, thinking about how gorgeous snow was and he remembered about Kihyun’s intense hate for that season. The Slytherin student was shivering all day long in those days and he even wore two or three green scarfs. It was a fun sight to see and he got to make fun of him because of that. Changkyun couldn’t believe how much he knew about Kihyun without intending to. Since they were always searching for something to tease the other, they both knew each other a lot. The black haired wasn’t proud of that months ago but he didn’t care much those last weeks. He knew Kihyun was a prick though he seemed to be seriously trying to change things in between them and Changkyun didn’t mind accepting his friendship if that meant they would stop fighting like idiots.

After the Quidditch match, Ravenclaw went to celebrate to the Common Room like they did every year but Belle made him stay at the Courtyard with Lucy and Hollie. Kihyun and Hyungwon went to the Library to write their Transfiguration essay, making Robert and Jooheon relax. They were getting along with the Bloom sisters but not with the other two Slytherin students. The sisters wouldn’t stop complimenting him at first, making him frown in confusion. Belle was there too and she did a very nice job as a Chaser but the sisters wouldn’t stop congratulating him for his performance. He didn’t understand a thing until they started talking about Kihyun and asking him about their afternoon together. “Was Kihyun mean to you?” the two of them asked in unison - they did it a lot and it was kind of scary - the day before and Changkyun explained how he sometimes said hurtful things that didn’t truly hurt him. “You have to compliment him more, he’ll relax like that” Hollie assured but Lucy had a scary smile on her face and he didn’t know if he should trust them.

“Yes! That seems like a good idea” Belle said while sitting next to her boyfriend, holding his hand and giving him pecks on the cheek from time to time. “I always thought you should be friends” Changkyun looked at her to then turn to look at Robert, searching for someone’s help to change the subject because he didn’t feel comfortable with the three girls pushing him to be Kihyun’s friend. Changkyun hoped his burning stare made his friend react, it was the only thing he could do without being detected.

“Oh! Yes” Robert blurted out after the third attempt of the black haired to make him realize he was seeking for help. “What a nice weather” he added and Changkyun palmed his face. Robert wasn’t obvious, not at all. “Look! It started snowing” the Ravenclaw student tried not to roll his eyes at that.

“So pretty!” Jooheon finally opened his mouth to say the first thing after long minutes of silence. “Don’t you think, baby?” the Gryffindor student pecked Belle’s lips and she started talking about the snow too. The problem were the Bloom sisters who wouldn’t stop smiling knowingly. He tried his best to ignore them - they were sitting next to him after all - and they spent the afternoon talking about different things. Changkyun liked them, they were nice and funny but he hated their complicity. He couldn’t hide anything in front of those two because they realized it in less than two seconds.

That Sunday, he was wishing to be alone and he was thankful he woke up so early. The Great Hall was slowly starting to fill with people and, before he could leave not to see any familiar faces, an owl entered through the huge entrance door. Changkyun recognized it right away, it was his father’s. The animal had a tiny present hanging from its paw and the black haired chuckled when it landed in front of him on the Ravenclaw table. He took the box from the owl and gave it something to eat before it left. Changkyun’s mother had the habit of giving him a present before Christmas and she learned to use his father’s owl. It was silly but he felt thankful with her. He slowly opened the box and found a bracelet with Ravenclaw’s eagle beautifully made in white gold with Sapphires all around it. “Whoa” he muttered to himself and quickly wore it. He then took out a letter that was carefully placed under the present and opened it.

Dear baby Changkyunnie:

For this year’s present I thought it would be nice to give you a lucky charm so Ravenclaw wins the Quidditch Cup this year too! I hope you like it and I’m glad you are doing fine in everything. I know sixth year is a little tough but there’s nothing that can stop you! Thank you for those chocolates you sent! Your father never saw them because I ate them all myself... don’t tell him anything...

I love you

Mommy

Changkyun giggled after reading his mother’s letter and decided to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter