They are my friends, not yours

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter contains more Changki moments hihihi

Hope you like it :):)

 

 

Weeks went on like that and Kihyun was starting to get used to Changkyun’s presence. They still fought at the corridors when they made sure no professors were around but it was a little different than before. The pink haired actually enjoyed working with him in class - he would never say it out loud - because he knew how to do everything. They finished their homework really fast and they managed to achieve difficult spells in no time. Kihyun was starting to think Professor McGonagall’s punishment wasn’t so bad after all.

That Friday, they had Transfiguration class with Professor Adwell and he taught them how to change their eyebrows’ color. To Kihyun, it was a silly spell. He didn’t want to change his hair color but, in the end, his previously black eyebrows turned pink and Professor Callum congratulated him. The elder also congratulated Changkyun, who changed his eyebrows into an electric blue tone. They were the first ones to achieve it though a lot of students did it. Belle managed to turn her eyebrows into an orange color, Hyungwon green and the Bloom sisters picked their favorite colors - Professor Adwell scolded Lucy because she liked black and he couldn’t tell the difference and he also scolded Hollie because she managed to change only one eyebrow into a lilac tone -. It was fun to see everyone looking like clowns and laughing at each other. Robert kept on raising his eyebrows at Changkyun and the latter couldn’t stop laughing. His laughter was contagious but Kihyun did his best not to let out any kind of noise, not even a chuckle.

Their fun didn’t last long though. Professor Callum Adwell didn’t like teenagers playing in his classes so he ended up scolding them and changing their activity. He made them quickly write a parchment to hand before the end of the class and everyone complied. The only problem was their eyebrows were still colorful and they had a lot of trouble concentrating. Before they had to leave, their professor taught them the counter-spell and almost everyone turned their eyebrows back to normal. Hyungwon was still struggling and he gave up after changing one of them. “I can live with a green eyebrow” were his words while they headed to the Library to keep on studying. Kihyun could help him but he found it funny, just like the Bloom sisters. The three of them were trying their best not to laugh at Hyungwon so he wouldn’t get desperate to change his eyebrow back to its normal color.

The Library was full of sixth years and Kihyun wasn’t surprised. They looked for a free table to sit but there was none. “There!” Lucy suddenly yelled and dragged them to the back. Kihyun growled when he realized what Lucy had in mind. Belle, Changkyun, Robert and Jooheon were the only ones in their table and they had extra space. Kihyun knew Jooheon was saving their spots because he didn’t take Transfiguration that year. “Can we sit with you?” Lucy asked and Belle smiled.

“Sure!” she said but the boys didn’t seem so eager. Kihyun sat by Robert’s side, trying to avoid Changkyun for a while and he saw Hyungwon sitting next to him. The pink haired stared at them while everyone studied in silence. He didn’t want his friends to be around Changkyun because they didn’t seem to hate him. Hyungwon asked him questions about their Potions homework and Kihyun didn’t like it because Changkyun answered in a soft voice. ‘Why don’t you hate my friends as much as you hate me, huh?’ he thought. ‘They are my friends’ his mind wouldn’t leave him alone and his book almost fell from his hands when Hyungwon laughed about a joke Changkyun made. ‘How dare you laugh at his jokes?’ he tried not to say it out loud and control his impulses.

“You know, you have a green eyebrow” the Ravenclaw student pointed at Hyungwon’s face, making him chuckle.

“I’m just trying to start a new trend around school” Hyungwon lied and Changkyun laughed. “I couldn’t get the counter-spell right... that’s the truth” he whispered, not noticing the deadly glare he was receiving from Kihyun’s side. The black haired laughed again and took his wand to then point at Hyungwon and pronounce the counter-spell. His green eyebrow turned black and Kihyun couldn’t stop himself this time. He grabbed a piece of parchment, made it a ball and threw it to Changkyun’s head.

“Don’t start it” the black haired told him and Kihyun stuck his tongue out at him. “You know what? I’m leaving, I don’t want to get detention” Changkyun stood up and organized his stuff. “I’ll see you at lunch” he said, staring at his own friends. “Do it, don’t be such a coward” he whispered in Jooheon’s ear to then pat his back and leave. Jooheon blushed up to his ears and Kihyun saw him avoiding eye contact. Who did he like? The pink haired tried to think about a proper answer to that question and he found it fast. Belle was the only girl in their group and Jooheon always worked with her. Kihyun didn’t understand the reason of Changkyun letting Belle work with Jooheon all the time but he got everything now. The pink haired stared at them with a knowing smile until Jooheon stood up.

“Belle, I just realized I left something at The Great Hall, can you come with me?” he asked and Belle didn’t seem to suspect anything as she grinned brightly and nodded, following the Gryffindor student through the busy Library. Robert stayed there alone with them and he seemed uncomfortable. Kihyun couldn’t blame him, they weren’t his friends and he clearly didn’t like Slytherin at all.

“You are Robert, right?” Hollie tried to make him feel less awkward and she kind of achieved it. The Gryffindor student spent the rest of their time there talking to her and Kihyun didn’t like what was happening. Why didn’t she let Robert go? They could keep the table and stay alone without having to socialize with people they never liked before in those 5 - and a half - years of school. ‘It’s all Professor McGonagall’s fault’ he thought, knowing everything started when she scolded them and made the other professors control them. Being all day long together wasn’t something Kihyun wanted and much less if his friends enjoyed what was happening.

After they left the Library, they had lunch at the Slytherin table and got rid of Robert. Kihyun hoped they would stop talking because, if they didn’t, he wouldn’t be able to shut up anymore.

 

Later that day, Kihyun went to the Quidditch pitch to train with his team. They had been working hard because their first match against Gryffindor was in a week and they needed to win. The pink haired had no doubt about it but, seeing the improvement in The Ravenclaw team, he got a little nervous. Kihyun went to see their training every week since that morning he went to spy on them and Alana didn’t notice until last Saturday. She kicked him out of the pitch and threatened him but he wasn’t scared; he told her anyone could watch the training and he was absolutely right because there was no rule against it. Changkyun just rolled his eyes at him, giving him no importance as he kicked the floor to fly once again. The Golden Snitch was still around the field and he didn’t seem ready to give up. Kihyun stared at him while walking away from there and Alana shook her head, returning to her labor as a captain and a Keeper.

After that day, he decided maybe it was time to stop spying on them. He had his own tactics as a captain and he thought they would work very well to defeat any team. Staring at Im Changkyun for hours wouldn’t help him improve but he just couldn’t take his eyes off of him when he flew on his broom. It was the first time he realized how ethereal and delicate were his moves, he almost looked like air. Of course Kihyun would never admit that out loud; he rather die than say something like that, more if it was about him liking something about Changkyun. The pink haired never watched him fly before because they had flying lessons with Madam Hooch in their first year and he didn’t even spot the Ravenclaw student in between his classmates. That was even before he threw that stupid curse on him and they weren’t enemies yet. Kihyun was extremely surprised at how hypnotizing it was to watch him fly but that wouldn’t make him soften his treatment. They were enemies and even if Changkyun liked his voice - yeah, he didn’t forget that - and even if he loved liked the way that prat flew, they couldn’t be friends.

That afternoon Kihyun was determined to show his team his new tactics and he hoped they put a lot of effort to achieve them. They were doing really good, he couldn’t complain, but he needed some more - specially for the match against Ravenclaw that would be in a few months -. The pink haired stood in front of his teammates with his broom in one hand and the Quaffle under his other arm. They were all wearing their black and green Quidditch uniforms, waiting for him to say something before starting their training. “Okay, you can fly around to warm up a little” Kihyun gave his first instruction. “I’ll tell you about some tactics when we finish warming up” he smiled and raised his fist in the air. “We can do it!” he yelled and all the others did the same, automatically obeying his command.

When they were high in the air, they flew around the pitch as usual, going in different directions to practice their reflexes. Kihyun made dangerous turns and flew straight to the floor to stabilize his broom just in time before crashing against it. He loved doing that, it gave him a shot of adrenaline and it helped him a lot. Following the Snitch around wasn’t easy, the golden ball made sure they had to do extreme things before catching it. Kihyun flew around for a while until he felt it was enough. He called his team and landed on the ground once again. He spotted Lucy on the grades and he wondered what was she doing there. She was in the team when he started as a captain but he had to kick her out because she never got up in time to train. They had morning training back then and she was too lazy to even appear. He changed her for Lottie - a 4th year student - and gave her the option of coming back if she wished to. Lucy never appeared again until that year and Kihyun knew it was because they trained in the afternoon. “Lucy! Why didn’t you enter the team if you were so eager to play?” the pink haired yelled and the girl raised her shoulders.

“I thought you didn’t want me on your team” she said, eating more from the snack she bought at Hogsmeade the last time they went there.

“I kicked you out because you never trained” Kihyun rolled his eyes at her and she raised her shoulders one more time, eating more of those snacks. The Bloom sisters were all day long together, that was the reason Lucy went to see them train - she also got bored inside the castle alone -. “Okay, come here, I wrote down our tactics so you understand them better” Kihyun showed them a long parchment with tiny drawings and annotations to then proceed to explain everything. The others perfectly understood what he wanted to do so he decided to start. “We’ll use this side of the pitch only - as we always do - and I want you to play as if we were against Ravenclaw-” Ethan raised his hand, interrupting his words.

“We’ll play against Gryffindor, not Ravenclaw, Kihyun” the 7th year student said and he realized the mistake he made.

“I’m sorry, I meant to say Gryffindor” the look the Bloom sisters shared was too familiar for Kihyun. He knew them too well and he knew what that look meant. The pink haired ignored them, even if his mind went back to Changkyun’s flying skills, making him lose his concentration for a few seconds. “Just... do it seriously” Kihyun added quickly, realizing he spaced out in front of his entire team and they were all staring at him with confused expressions on their faces. “Go! I’ll let the Bludgers and the Snitch out” the pink haired headed to the wooden box that contained the different balls and let those dangerous Bludgers go. He did the same thing with the golden Snitch and kicked the floor, going upwards with his team.

The training was extremely good and he felt satisfied. Hyungwon and Leo made a very good team as Beaters. Hollie, Olivia and Lottie were fast and they threw with strength to the goal posts. Ethan was a talented Keeper and Kihyun himself managed to catch the Snitch in record time. He was happy about the results so he congratulated their teammates before going back to the castle to change clothes and prepare for dinner over The Great Hall. He had lots of homework to do and he couldn’t lose much time.

 

 

“Changkyunnie!” Belle yelled his name after entering their Common Room that afternoon. He didn’t know if he should be happy or not because Jooheon didn’t confess that morning and he didn’t want to have false hope anymore. “Jooheon confessed to me!” she said and Changkyun finally smiled, standing up from the wooden chair to hug her. ‘It was about time’ he thought, squeezing Belle’s form in an enthusiastic manner to then part and shake her from her shoulders.

“We have to go celebrate!” the black haired made her chuckle. “Why did he take so long?” he palmed his face. “It was too obvious you two liked each other” he sat back down on his chair, dragging Belle with him in the process and making her sit on the other chair that was near his. “You have to tell me all the details because I’m sure he panicked while doing so” the two friends laughed and Belle nodded her head.

“He panicked big time! I thought he was about to faint” the girl was very happy, even if Jooheon’s confession didn’t seem to be romantic or good. Judging by her previous words, Changkyun imagined Jooheon taking 3 hours to finally go to the point. “I managed to calm him down after a few minutes and he spoke so fast I didn’t catch what he said” they laughed again. “But then he paused, took a deep breath and finally did it” Belle slapped Changkyun’s arm repeatedly, not able to contain her happiness and the black haired whined like a kid, making her stop. “I’m sorry, I’m just overly excited” she sat there with a smile. “I’ll go tell Lucy and Hollie about it and maybe go back to Jooheon after that... you know, we have to” she paused. “Get used to kissing” she finished her sentence and Changkyun chuckled.

“Okay, have fun” the black haired caressed her arm and she stood up with a smile. “Wait, Belle” he called her before she could leave because he remembered he had something that belonged to Kihyun. “Can you give this to Hollie and Lucy? Kihyun forgot it this morning and I don’t really want to see him again today” he handed Belle the Transfiguration book.

“Okay, I’ll do it” the girl stared at him for a few seconds with the book in her hands. “You know,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter