Sneaking around

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy Changki moments! xD haha

Thank you for reading <3

 

 

After the Quidditch match, Kihyun made sure to throw a curse at Changkyun every time he saw him around the castle. He couldn’t accept the fact that the black haired didn’t treat him badly anymore so he decided to do what he knew best: fight him. Changkyun thankfully fought back but he didn’t do it with his usual glare, he seemed to enjoy it and he laughed. He even told McGonagall they were just practicing nonverbal spells once she saw them. Kihyun was feeling so confused all the time and the Bloom sisters winked at him when he looked troubled. They were hanging out with Belle a lot, mostly when they had to patrol the corridors and Kihyun couldn’t complain anymore about it. Hyungwon was softer around Changkyun and he hugged him every time he could. The pink haired perceived his discomfort at first but after one week of Hyungwon almost stalking him in class, he got used to it and didn’t care anymore.

That Monday morning, he was in the Library with his three friends while Changkyun and Belle were in their Ancient Runes class. Kihyun was too immersed in his thoughts to pay attention to his Defense Against the Dark Arts homework and he couldn’t get distracted because he had to hand it in half an hour. Hyungwon was sleeping on his parchment, he finished his homework the night before and he was free to do whatever he wanted to. On the other hand, the Bloom sisters were reading and re-reading their Dementors redaction to make sure it was perfect. Professor Kim made them practice their nonverbal spells last class and started with his Dementors explanation after that. They practiced resisting the Imperious Curse one class and they practiced nonverbal spells the next one while Professor Kim taught them about different creatures. The Dementors were first and he would teach them the Patronus Charm before teaching them about the Inferi. Kihyun was excited, he loved Defense Against the Dark Arts, it was his favorite subject together with Care of Magical Creatures.

In Kihyun’s opinion, every class was extremely interesting that year. Even if he loved his classes every year, he thought sixth year was incredible. He could tell other students were thinking the same thing, even if they complained about the great amount of work. At least they didn’t have important exams that year, they were only preparing for their N.E.W.T exams that would be held in their seventh year. Kihyun wasn’t worried, he knew he would have excellent results. ‘Changkyun too’ he thought and he realized his mind betrayed him again. “Oh, shut up” he whispered to himself and no one heard him because they were too busy.

Kihyun tried his best not to think about anything that could be related to Changkyun but it was impossible. Changkyun was always working with him in class, Changkyun was there with his friends, Changkyun was at the Great Hall every time they ate just like every student and Kihyun couldn’t take his eyes off of him. ‘Why?’ he asked himself, intertwining his fingers with his pink hair in frustration. Thankfully, he could get back to his redaction about Dementors and he kind of forgot about Changkyun - kind of - until they had to head downstairs to their Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.

As always, Changkyun and Belle got there a later than everyone. The Bloom sisters waved their hands at them and they greeted back while they joined Jooheon and Robert. Belle kissed Jooheon’s lips, letting go once Professor Kim appeared from the stairs, slowly walking to the classroom. He had that familiar unreadable expression on his face and he stood by the door, waiting for the students to hand their parchments. Once everyone got in, he closed the door and headed to the front. “Good morning” he said in his low voice and everyone answered. “Today, we’ll learn the Patronus Charm” the students started clapping and yelling in excitement but Professor Jongwoon shut them up. “I know you were all waiting for this but we’ll do it quietly” he kind of scolded them - he had a peculiar way of doing it -. “Let’s move the tables aside” he ordered and everyone complied.

Once the space was free from wooden tables and chairs, Professor Kim fixated his eyes on them. It was kind of intimidating and awkward to look him in the eye; everyone tried to avoid any eye contact. Kihyun waited for him to speak again and he told the students how to move their wand. Everyone started doing it and then their professor asked them to pronounce ‘Expecto Patronum’. They all practiced the movement and the spell until Kim Jongwoon motioned with his hand for them to stop. “Now think about a happy memory, concentrate in that moment with all your strength and repeat what we were practicing until now” he commanded and the students stayed in silence, searching for a good memory to use. Kihyun couldn’t decide, he had so many happy moments in his mind and he needed to pick one before Changkyun managed to do the Patronus Charm first. He chose the day he received his letter from Hogwarts - he was sure many of them chose that moment - and tried the spell. As if in slow motion, he saw his own Patronus Charm work at the same time Changkyun’s Patronus Charm worked. From his wand, a mouse came out and started running around the classroom. It didn’t last long because he got distracted with Changkyun’s imposing wolf and he felt a little embarrassed. It wasn’t fair, his animal wasn’t as cool as Changkyun’s and they couldn’t pick - they had to be very powerful wizards to choose their Patronus -. “Impressive, you two” Professor Kim clapped lowly, almost soundlessly. “You’ll become excellent Aurors” he added and Changkyun’s wide smile made Kihyun’s heart race. ‘What on Earth is wrong with me?!’ the Slytherin student thought and tried to pretend nothing happened while he thanked their professor. “Don’t panic if you don’t see any form in your Patronus, it can be uncorporeal too” he explained just in case someone didn’t know. “Corporeal Patronus are very hard to achieve and you have two brilliant classmates here, I’m very impressed Mr.Yoo and Mr.Im. I’ll give Ravenclaw and Slytherin 20 points” he said and the students from both houses clapped in excitement.

Changkyun hi-fived with Belle and they both chuckled happily before going on with their practice. Kihyun was happy about his achievement and he saw their Slytherin classmates’ grins. All of them achieved the uncorporeal Patronus in the end - even Fergus - and Professor Kim gave them homework as always. “You know, students of mine” he creepily said - Kim Jongwoon was always creepy in the pink haired’s opinion -. “The Patronus Charm is effective against Dementors but there’s another creature we could defend ourselves from with a Patronus” he went on with his speech, playing with the long sleeves of his dark green robe. “For next class, I want you to search for it in our book or maybe in the Library if you need to, and write a 1 meter parchment about it” he flashed them what looked like a smile. “You’ll do it in couples and I’ll choose them- No complaints! I don’t want to hear a fly when I’m calling your names” he raised his voice and Kihyun knew he was trying to yell but his voice was so low it was impossible for it to happen. “I’ll choose the obvious first” he pointed at Changkyun and Kihyun without saying their names. “You know, McGonagall’s orders” Professor Kim, as always, enjoyed pairing them together and all because of their abilities. “Okay, let’s see... Mr. Baddeley with Mr. Keedy” their professor said and Fergus smiled in joy. Trevor Keedy was a brilliant Gryffindor student and Fergus was... well, let’s say a not so brilliant Slytherin student. “Mrs. Bloom and Mrs. Bloom. Yes, I’ll be a good professor this time” Professor Kim made the two sisters get happy. “Mrs. Campbell with Mr. Lee” the couple intertwined their fingers, staring at each other with hearts in their eyes. Robert wasn’t that happy though, he ended up with Hyungwon and they didn’t like each other much.

“Professor” Robert raised his hand. “Can’t I change with Kihyun?” but Kim Jongwoon’s neutral expression and the way he ignored the Gryffindor student told him he shouldn’t have asked that. The elder called more names and joined more couples until he was done. He let them leave the classroom and Kihyun started walking fast in The Great Hall’s direction with his three friends following behind. He clearly heard Changkyun’s voice calling his name but he decided to pretend he was deaf until the Ravenclaw gave up.

They all had a good lunch with their circle of friends and then the Bloom sisters headed to the Common Room to start their Herbology homework. Hyungwon went to Robert and told him they should search for the creature Professor Kim mentioned in class and Belle was too busy dragging Jooheon to the courtyard. Kihyun saw Changkyun following the couple and had the brilliant idea of spending their short break outside at the Grounds of Hogwarts. The pink haired remembered the tree he used as a backrest that Sunday he drew the Quidditch pitch and how relaxing that place was. Not many students liked resting against the Dark Forest trees, even if they were placed over the forest’s edges. Kihyun walked through the grass and automatically regretted his decision. The breeze was colder than two weeks ago but he didn’t want to go back. The pink haired pulled his scarf up his nose and closed his black and green robe as much as he could. When he reached his destiny, he sat on the floor and rested his back against the tree, covering his entire body perfectly.

“I know you are trying to avoid me but you don’t need to freeze to death to do it” Changkyun’s voice came from his side and he sighed, finding the situation irritating. How did he find him? The Ravenclaw student was following Belle and Jooheon to the Courtyard minutes ago. “Don’t worry, I won’t fight” the black haired assured, slowly sitting in front of Kihyun, on the grass. “I just wanted to know when are we doing our homework” he flashed him a toothless grin and Kihyun couldn’t believe his heart was betraying him again. “I was thinking we could use our break on Wednesday, what do you say?” he asked nicely.

“Bloody hell” Kihyun cursed under his breath; mostly to his racing heart than to Changkyun. “Why on Earth are you being so nice to me? Are you trying to make me lower my guard?” the pink haired couldn’t contain himself anymore - as always - and said what he needed to say, not caring about the Ravenclaw student getting mad. If he had to do that essay alone, he would do it in an hour.

Changkyun sighed, looking away in frustration. “I’m just trying, okay?” exasperation evident in his deep, manly voice. “We are 16 and we still fight like two kids” he turned to look at Kihyun once again. “And I’m bloody tired of being hanged from my ankle every time I get distracted” he said and the pink haired got surprised. “Aren’t you tired?” he asked and Kihyun shook his head, earning a long sigh from Changkyun. “Can’t we just stop for a week and do our homework right? I have the first Quidditch match against Hufflepuff this weekend and I seriously need a break from those curses” he begged and Kihyun liked to have him begging. ‘I knew you were weaker than me’ the Slytherin student thought and smiled at his companion, stretching his pinkie to make a promise.

“Since you are begging, I promise I won’t curse you this week” Changkyun smiled back and joined their pinkies.

“Deal” he stood up, cleaning his robe that was full of grass in the back. “So, is Wednesday okay with you?” he repeated his question and Kihyun nodded. “How about we meet at the Clock’s Entrance and we find an empty classroom to work, I already know about the creature Professor Kim was talking about so I know it’s in-

“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” Kihyun finished his sentence because he also knew that. “I know” he added and Changkyun rolled his eyes.

“I didn’t suggest you didn’t know, I was actually sure you already knew too” the black haired sighed. “Do you want to or not, Kihyun?”

“Yes, it sounds like a good option” the Slytherin student nodded in agreement.

“See you then” Changkyun turned around and left. Kihyun’s heart was still beating fast inside his chest and he was glad the other couldn’t hear it because that would be embarrassing. The pink haired left the Grounds when the cold was too much to handle and he realized their Potions class would start in just 15 minutes. He found his three friends heading to the Dungeons and he followed. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea to stop fighting for a few days.

 

Potions class was always a challenge. Changkyun didn’t know if he could fully trust the book’s instructions but he followed them anyway. Professor Slughorn slowly walked through the classroom, nodding his head when they were in a good position and scrunching his nose when someone messed the potion up. That Monday, they had to make a Shrinking Solution and it was not easy. Changkyun read and reread his instructions to be sure he wasn’t in the wrong path but, in the end, he always managed to finish his potions correctly. Slughorn stopped by his and Kihyun’s side - in between the two - and nodded his head, making them both sigh in relieve. The pink haired looked at Changkyun for one second to then turn his head harshly and keep on throwing ingredients to his cauldron. The Ravenclaw student wondered if he felt weird without fighting; he was extremely curious about Kihyun’s thoughts. They never in those six years had an agreement not to fight and the Slytherin student didn’t seem excited. Changkyun, on the other hand, was extremely relaxed since he talked to Kihyun an hour ago and he liked the idea of working peacefully with him.

Juice two Shrivelfigs and add their ruby blood to your cauldron. Stir slowly. Gently heat your potion. Chop four daisy roots more finely and add to cauldron. Add five hairy caterpillars. Add well-shaken wormwood. Stir vigorously. Juice four leeches and add. Stir slowly and with caution. Shake rat spleen and add to cauldron. Add a splash of cowbane. Stir slowly. Heat on a high temperature. Wave wand in a particular figure.

Changkyun read once again and smiled. He was already halfway and he liked the way his potion looked inside his cauldron. Belle was doing great too, just like Hyungwon. Lucy, Hollie and Robert were having trouble and Jooheon already gave up. He was sweaty - drenched in sweat - and frustrated, sitting on his bench in a lifeless stat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter