Returning to Hogwarts

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First chapter ^^

Tell me if you like it :)

 

When Kihyun received his letter from Hogwarts, he was, like every other wizard, about to turn 11 years old. He was so excited that day he went to celebrate with his friends, and weeks later, they all went to buy their things to Diagon Alley. He remembered that special day where he finally got his wand clearly, and he never let go of it after that. Their parents were Korean but they moved to London as soon as they could. They wanted their son to receive the best education, and they considered Hogwarts was the best option. There were magic schools around South Korea, though it wasn’t the same. Kihyun was a pure blood; every member of his huge family was a wizard, and he ended up in Slytherin like every other of them. He loved his house and made good friends at school. The problem was that students from other houses were often victims of his and Hyungwon’s - his best friend whom he had a love-hate relationship with - pranks, and his teachers weren’t happy about it. He went through a lot of punishments every year, and all thanks to the person he hated the most in the entire world: Im Changkyun.

If Kihyun had to pick someone to practice the unforgivable curses on, he would pick Changkyun. The latter was, unfortunately, Kihyun’s first target. It was a sunny morning, perfect to practice the new curse he had recently found in a book his 17 year old cousin gave him for his birthday. He was in second year already but already had a lot of knowledge thanks to his family. He was walking around the castle and suddenly found a Ravenclaw student sitting by one of the windows. The boy’s concentration called Kihyun’s attention and he quietly voiced his curse, pointing at him with his wand. The Slytherin student was proud of himself when Changkyun’s ears started growing, and he couldn’t help to laugh, calling the other’s attention and earning his hate forever. Changkyun spent two days at the school’s Hospital Wing after a crowd of people made fun of him, and Kihyun was satisfied. But it didn’t last long.

He didn’t feel the same way a week later. Changkyun was so angry he wouldn’t stop following him to accuse him in front of the teachers. Kihyun knew he deserved it, but just one time was enough. Changkyun kept on doing it though, earning Kihyun’s hate too. They were both the best of their classes, and they both loved Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions. In the latter, Kihyun enjoyed walking around the classroom, pretending he was an innocent boy to then throw things in his classmates’ cauldrons. It was a shame he had never achieved it with Changkyun because he wished so badly to ruin his potions.

That year, the students had to pick the subjects they considered necessary for their future jobs and, sadly, Changkyun wanted to be an Auror too. Kihyun hoped he didn’t get ‘Outstanding’ in any of his O.W.L exams. Kihyun got ‘O’ from ‘Outstanding’ in every single one, and he felt proud because he could become an Auror.

That morning, his parents went with him to King’s Cross and Kihyun hugged them before entering the platform. Every single year, his eyes lightened up at the sight of that black and red train, ready to leave. Kihyun loved Hogwarts; he knew that castle like the back of his hand and discovered new rooms every year. Kihyun walked straight, dragging his luggage and his black cat to the vehicle. Before he arrived to his usual compartment, he felt someone slapping his head. Kihyun turned around, holding his wand in his hand and pointing it to the person who disturbed him. It was Hyungwon, keeping that stupid smirk on his face. “Good morning, pink head” he said, and Kihyun lowered his wand, rolling his eyes as he stepped into the compartment, finding his other friends already there.

“Kihyunnie, look!” his friend Lucy called his attention to show him her scores. She had two ‘O’ in Charms and Transfiguration, and the rest said ‘E’ from ‘Exceeds Expectations’. “I’m good, don’t you think?” she asked, but Kihyun took out his results and showed them to Lucy and Hollie, the pure blood twin sisters.

“No way!” Hollie jumped from her seat, taking the piece of parchment in her hands. “That’s because you eat books for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day!” she added, sighing in annoyance. “I only got one ‘O’, that’s not fair” she huffed.

“That’s because I’m brilliant, unlike you two and Hyungwon” he stuck his tongue out but Hyungwon showed him his results which were almost perfect. He had just one ‘E’ in History of Magic, but he wanted to be a Healer, not an Auror. “I’m still better than you” Kihyun smiled arrogantly, entering the compartment to sit by Hollie’s side.

“You know, Kihyun” Hollie smirked evilly, and Kihyun stared at her with a tone of condescension until she spoke again. “I heard Changkyun got ‘O’ in everything too” it was her turn to show her arrogant smile when Kihyun’s good mood fell to the floor, being trampled by everyone’s feet. “And I heard he’s been practicing a lot with his broom... I wouldn’t be surprised if Ravenclaw won the Quidditch Cup this year” she knew how to make him burn inside, but he tried his best not to show it.

“He’s just the seeker! Ravenclaw won’t win! I’m the seeker and the captain of the team” Kihyun growled. “I’m still better than him because he has no character to be a captain. The professors would never pick him as the captain” that was a reason for his pride to grow. Even if it was just a small thing, it was a small thing he was better at. The only thing Changkyun would never achieve: being the captain of Ravenclaw’s Quidditch team.

“I don’t think he even wants to be the captain” Lucy mocked him, hi-fiving triumphantly with her sister. As they spoke, Hyungwon watched students of other houses fall due to the spell he threw on the train’s floor, laughing.

“Whatever, he’s just a filthy mudblood” Kihyun turned to look at the window and realized the vehicle was already moving.

 

Hours later, after Hyungwon fell asleep and the sisters started watching hot Quidditch players in a magazine, Kihyun stood up. He announced he would go put his robe on, but no one seemed to care as he left his compartment. The truth was he didn’t go put his black uniform on; he wanted to go spy on Changkyun because he was curious. Was he the captain of the Quidditch team that year? Maybe the teachers considered he was ready for the position. Kihyun walked with heavy feet, remembering their last match where Ravenclaw won. They were pretty even when it came to Quidditch... actually, they were pretty even in everything they did. That was the reason Kihyun wished to use the unforgivable curses against Changkyun. The pink haired wanted to be better but he never could. The Ravenclaw student was as hardworking as him, something that made his blood burn in anger.

The train was moving, getting closer to the castle. Kihyun noticed the sky was already turning dark outside. Almost all students were already dressed in their uniforms, and he had to look carefully to recognize Changkyun’s black strands of hair. ‘Black hair, how original’ Kihyun thought, smirking at the compartment’s glass door as he checked his pink head on his reflection. His self admiration didn’t last long though, he had to make sure to have a convincing excuse to open his enemy’s compartment. ‘Maybe I could use my magical ear’ he remembered he bought that ear in third year at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes in Diagon Alley. He could put it to use. ‘Yeah, I’ll use my ear’ he laughed evilly inside and quickly hid when he found Changkyun, sitting inside his compartment with Belle Campbell. The latter was Changkyun’s best friend. They were always together reading books. ‘Goddamn it’ he cursed mentally because that was what they were doing at that moment: reading books. If Kihyun used his magical ear, he wouldn’t hear a thing. Those two were as quiet as a rock.

The Slytherin student took a deep breath, thought about something good to say, and opened the sliding glass door. The Ravenclaw students lifted their gazes for two seconds, then their eyes made that huge roll they usually did at the sight of Kihyun’s face, and the both of them kept on silently reading. “What do you want, Yoo?” Changkyun asked, not tearing his stare away from that tales book.

“I’m just here to tell you I got a perfect score in everything. I’ll be an Auror, unlike you” Kihyun tried his best to make the other spill out information about himself. He didn’t know if he could believe Hollie Bloom when she was mad at him. The Bloom sisters used to say things only to make Kihyun mad; so did Hyungwon.

Before saying anything in return

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter