Nonverbal spells

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I see this doesn't have much subscribers but... well... I'm writing it anyway so here goes the second chapter xD

Hope you enjoy as much as I'm enjoying writing it <3

Thanks for the support ^^

 

 

Kihyun woke up earlier than his classmates that Monday morning - as usual - and he quickly got dressed in his black and green robe before walking downstairs. He knew he had to wake Hyungwon up but he wanted to be alone for a while. It was still early and he could explore the castle for a few minutes before having breakfast with his friends in the Great Hall. The Slytherin Common Room was completely empty aside from Hollie, who was reading a book on her favorite armchair. Kihyun tried not to make noise but the woman saw him. Thankfully, she didn’t seem eager to have company. She waved her hand, whispered a soft ‘good morning’ and kept on reading, ignoring Kihyun. ‘Someone didn’t sleep much last night’ he thought while he passed through the entrance door that was behind a wall in the dungeons of Hogwarts.

When he reached the Entrance Hall he realized it was a nice day with a bright sun entering through the enormous windows. There were just a few students hanging out at the Entrance Courtyard and he could hear voices coming from the Great Hall. He took a quick glance inside and he spotted Belle Campbell talking with Jooheon and Robert. The weird thing about that was the absence of a particular person, a particular person he felt like using a new curse on. Kihyun walked past the Great Hall and decided to keep walking. The Grand Staircase was right in front of him and he thought it would be a good idea to go upstairs. The pink haired didn’t have any objective, he just felt like taking a relaxing walk and maybe find someone to practice his new curse. If it wasn’t Changkyun, it could be any other student with bad luck. Kihyun laughed evilly inside his mind, rubbing his palms together in excitement.

The corridors were starting to fill with students slowly as he walked around the castle. Everyone looked happy to start another year of studies and he was feeling the same way. That was the reason he was so eager to practice curses around Hogwarts. Maybe he would get punished but he could be extremely careful not to get caught. Kihyun sometimes wished to have an invisibility cloak not to be detected; he was a troublemaker after all, it was in his blood. He asked himself several times if that singular quality was caused by the fact that he was a Slytherin student. Hyungwon was a troublemaker too and he was starting to think Slytherin was, indeed, the cause of their behavior.

Kihyun didn’t know how he reached the Library so fast but there he was, walking around the shelves full of books and doing nothing in particular. He couldn’t find the proper target for his new curse and he suddenly felt the need of finding Changkyun. Before he could leave the place to go to the Ravenclaw Tower, he saw a glimpse of that blueish black hair he hated so much. There Changkyun was, sitting on a table with another one of his Gryffindor friends named Minhyuk and two students from Hufflepuff, a girl named Bryony and a boy named Hoseok. Apparently, they were all drawing dragons while momentarily looking at a book that had incredible pictures of them. Hoseok was a brilliant artist, Kihyun saw his magical drawings a couple of times and he found them gorgeous.

Kihyun approached the table slowly, taking a quick glance above Changkyun’s shoulder. The latter was good but the pink haired would never admit something like that. He let out a low giggle and Changkyun abruptly turned around, hitting his stomach with his elbow in the process. “I’m so- Oh, it’s you” the Ravenclaw student raised a brow at him, crossing his arms on his chest. “I see you are looking for an early punishment” Changkyun said in his deep voice, taking his wand out of his pocket to then stand up. The other three weren’t confused at all, they were used to the two of them fighting out of nowhere and they ignored them most of the times. Kihyun grabbed his wand too and smirked. He would finally be able to practice his curse; he hoped Changkyun forgot how to defend himself because he was really good at duelling. They both knew how to defend themselves and the Shield Charm was one of their specialties. That was one of the main reasons they attacked each other while they were distracted.

“I have a present for you” Kihyun backed off a little and climbed on top of an empty table near his target. “I learned it a few weeks ago, I hope you like it” he added and laughed evilly. Kihyun was so excited he forgot about Madam Pince and he fell on the floor when the librarian pulled on his robe roughly.

“Not again, you two! I’m sick of your pointless fights! Leave my Library now, I won’t repeat it!” she yelled like crazy and the two of them had to get out of there. “You should think about finding Mr. Im in a different part of the castle from now on, Mr. Yoo!” she scolded them while they walked to the entrance and Changkyun waved his hand at his friends before turning to look at Kihyun.

“Thanks a lot, wanker” the Ravenclaw student insulted him. “If you don’t mind, I’ll go have breakfast with Belle. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t follow me” the black haired started heading downstairs and Kihyun followed him. It wasn’t only the fact that he was ready to throw that curse at him, he also needed to eat and maybe it was already late. “Great” Changkyun stopped on his tracks. “What part of not following me didn’t you understand?” he was angry for real and Kihyun was happy about that. It was hard to make Changkyun get angry but it was totally worth it.

“I’m not following you, filthy mudblood” Kihyun replied with his usual insult. “I need breakfast too, don’t you think, smart ?” he moved his pink locks fabulously before starting to walk again, this time ahead of Changkyun.

 

Kihyun sat down by Lucy’s side on the Slytherin table and he suddenly remembered about Hyungwon. “Damn it” he whispered, not seeing him there with the two sisters. He stood up, ready to run back to the Common Room but he saw Hyungwon entering the Great Hall together with Fergus Baddeley, one of their Slytherin classmates. The latter was dragging a tired looking Hyungwon in between the large tables and he left him by Kihyun’s side.

“You owe me” Fergus said, making Kihyun laugh. “You can do my homework for a week and we’ll be even” his dark brown eyes stared at Kihyun as if he was threatening him or something though it was in vain because he would never achieve it.

“Hyungwon owes you, not me” the pink haired wouldn’t do any favors to anyone, he was sure of it. He wasn’t the responsible for Hyungwon’s sleeping habits. Fergus growled and turned around, going to sit with his own friends. Their classmates didn’t dare provoke Kihyun, they all knew how good he was at everything and how easily he won Duels - except with Changkyun, it was always a tie with him -. “Hey, sleeping frog” the pink haired slapped Hyungwon’s shoulder and he protested. “You owe Fergus” he added and Hyungwon grunted.

“I won’t do anything for him, I didn’t ask for his help” Hyungwon raised his shoulders and started eating whatever he found in front of his face. When the tall one was too sleepy to think properly, he ate anything without complaining. Kihyun didn’t like vegetables that much, just like Lucy but Hyungwon was the supreme complicated eater.

Their breakfast went by quickly and, after the food disappeared, they waited for Professor Kim Jongwoon - the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and the new Head of Slytherin - to go to his office. The latter needed to see their scores to give them their schedule and Lucy was happy because she would have a lot of free time. Actually, every sixth year student would have a lot of free time but Kihyun knew that meant more homework. Hogwarts wasn’t easy and they would surely need those free hours to practice or do their essays. The N.E.W.T level was something most of the students were scared of because those exams were very important for their future jobs.

Once Professor Kim stood up, all the Slytherin sixth year students followed him to the second floor. The elder went into his office to then start calling each one of them to check on their results. The Bloom Sisters went in after some other students, returning with smiles on their faces. They both could study every subject they wished to and Hyungwon had the same luck. Kihyun wasn’t sure if his friend would be a good Healer but he seemed very eager to start his N.E.W.T level.

When his name was called by his Professor’s low voice, he hurried into the office. When he pushed the door, he was welcomed by several magical spiders portraits that moved around from one to the other, fighting against each other. Kihyun couldn’t take his eyes off a blue one because he found it fascinating and he wondered if that kind of spider would be inside the Dark Forest. “Kihyun” Jongwoon was calling his name and he did his best to stop looking at the fascinating creature on the portrait. “You can do whatever you want” Jongwoon’s neutral facial expression could have been confusing for anyone but the students knew he was like that. “To be an Auror you’ll need: Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms and Herbology” he pointed with his wand at a blank piece of paper and his schedule appeared. “Is this okay? Are you interested in any other subject?” he asked while handing him the paper.

“I’m interested in Care of Magical Creatures too, I’d like to continue with the N.E.W.T level of that subject too” Kihyun always loved Magical Creatures and he thought Hagrid was the best for the job because he taught them about dangerous animals the Ministry of Magic didn’t approve. The pink haired didn’t believe they were dangerous at all; those creatures were just interesting in his opinion, very interesting.

“Perfect” Jongwoon said and pointed his wand at the schedule one more time, adding Care of Magical Creatures. “There you go” he flashed him a tiny smile - Kihyun thought he saw a smile somewhere - and let him leave. “Oh! I almost forgot” Professor Kim stopped him midway. “Like every year, you get to choose who stays in the Quidditch team” Jongwoon reminded him, even if Kihyun already knew that. He had been the captain of the team since he was in fourth year. “Oh and you can pick the day and the hour of the team’s training” he added and the student smiled toothlessly.

“Yes, Sir” Kihyun made a respectful bow. “I have everything planned already” he assured and turned to the door, finding his three friends there waiting for him. Lucy was teasing Hyungwon and the latter laughed without energy, weakly defending himself. Hollie was there staring at them with a playful grin and helped her sister from time to time, making Hyungwon get startled more often. They were both tickling him and, the moment they saw Kihyun, they stopped.

“Let’s go to the Courtyard! We have a free hour right now! Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter