Friends

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! I'm back with another chapter! I was going to make it longer but it was getting too long and I decided to cut it in half haha

Hope you like it! It's going somewhere I guess ^^

Thank you for all the comments, they brighten up my day <3

 

 

After a week and a few days, Changkyun found himself in his Quidditch training. Alana was yelling a lot and going crazy about every little mistake they made. Arlo almost cried when he missed his shot and Alana scolded him but he recomposed himself to then keep on playing. Changkyun knew their captain’s temper was due to their next match. They would go against Slytherin and it was always their toughest game. The Slytherin team was strong and Kihyun was surely pushing his players so they gave their best performance. “Changkyun! Don’t you see the bloody Snitch?! Go and catch it before I lose my patience!” Alana screamed at him but the black haired was already tired. He wasn’t blind, he saw the damn Snitch though he couldn’t move anymore. His arms and legs hurt and he felt he would fall from his broom at any moment if he didn’t stop doing those dangerous tricks and turns.

“I’m dying here! Have some mercy on us” Changkyun was the first one confronting their captain and the woman’s eyes became suddenly dark. All the others stopped practicing to stare at them and Changkyun knew he messed up when Theodore started shaking his head repeatedly. They all had their eyes wide like two basketball balls - except for Belle - and were desperately motioning for him to shut up with their hands. Alana was flying slowly in his direction with an unreadable expression and that wasn’t good. Changkyun gulped audibly and got startled when the girl grabbed his scarf.

“What did you say? Have mercy on you?” Alana chuckled, turning to look at the others, who didn’t know what to do aside from laughing nervously. “We are playing against Slytherin in case you didn’t notice, Im Changkyun! We need to win this match because I’m sure we won’t be able to score much points with Ethan as a Keeper and you are our only hope! You have to catch the Snitch, got it? And you will do everything I say because I’m the captain and I don’t care you are tired after an hour of flying!” she yelled and Reuben raised his hand to ask a question. It wasn’t a good moment but Alana sighed and let him talk.

“We’ve been practicing for four hours, Miss Alana!” Reuben said in fear and lowered his gaze to the floor after closing his mouth. Alana widened her eyes in shock and checked on her wristwatch.

“Bloody Bludgers! I’m sorry, everyone! I thought we were on time” Alana apologized. “You are dismissed” she turned back to look at Changkyun. “I’m sorry, Changkyun” she scratched her nape in shame. “You did great!” she patted his shoulder and smiled, flying down to the pitch’s ground. She quickly organized the Bludgers and the Snitch inside the wooden box and searched for the Quaffle to also put it inside the box. Changkyun stayed still for a few minutes, relaxing his muscles that were aching a lot. He then went down and left his broom by his side as he laid on the pitch’s grass. Belle went to lay by his side and they both stared at the sky. The snow was starting to disappear slowly and that Saturday was a sunny day. They knew they already missed lunch and, under the rays of sunshine, they didn’t feel the cold breeze that much.

“I’m so hungry” Changkyun whined after his stomach growled loudly and the two friends laughed when Belle’s stomach growled too. “I guess we are both hungry” the Ravenclaw boy said. “And I still have to write Professor Adwell’s essay” he protested and Belle nodded; she had to do it too. The Ravenclaw students didn’t say anything for long minutes and Changkyun was starting to feel sleepy. The warm was sun illuminating their energy-drained bodies and the black haired couldn’t sleep that well the night before. That week, he spent his nights thinking how to stop liking Kihyun because he knew it wouldn’t be a good thing. Changkyun was sure his heart would break if he fell deeper for that pink haired, annoying pure blood. The latter couldn’t even admit to his friends he stopped hating Changkyun and that was a big problem to him.

Changkyun closed his eyes and tried to relax. He had to face the fact that Kihyun would never be anything more than an ex-enemy who was in good terms with him; nothing else. Slumber started taking over him but, the moment he felt himself drowning in the darkness, Belle hit his stomach harshly. “Ah! What?!” Changkyun yelled, grabbing his abdomen with a pained expression on his face. He turned to look at his friend and found her pointing at a flying paper above their heads. It was a tiny, paper-made plane and it was going in his direction. The object fell on his lap before he could ask Belle who sent it and he opened it in curiosity. His eyes automatically stared at the signature because he couldn’t believe it said Kihyun. Changkyun rubbed his eyes, thinking maybe the blinding sun was making him see things but the signature didn’t disappear nor change.

Dear mudblood:

I was wondering if you were free tomorrow afternoon because I feel like getting away from my annoying friends (specially Lucy and Hollie). You can tell me after dinner so no one suspects anything...

By the way, nice training. It’s a shame Slytherin will win the Quidditch Cup this year.

When he read that part, he rolled his eyes, but his smile didn’t leave his features. His heart was racing and he felt his bad mood and tiredness fading.

I don’t know if you realized it but you gave me a lucky charm for Christmas... (I’m joking, in case you didn’t notice)

I’ll wait for an answer.

Kihyun

Changkyun bent the piece of paper when he finished reading and chuckled to himself, shaking his head in disbelief. He was extremely happy and his constant pessimistic thoughts left his mind. The black haired also forgot Belle was there with him and she was curiously staring at him, waiting for an explanation about the letter he received. After a few seconds of watching Changkyun press the plane-shaped letter against his chest and space out, she cleared loudly. The Ravenclaw boy turned to look at her in surprise and couldn’t help to blush. “What is that, Changkyunnie?” Belle took the letter from him and started reading it before he could react. Changkyun didn’t mind telling his best friend about his encounters with Kihyun but he was worried she would tell the Bloom sisters. If the pink haired found out he told Belle, he would use the Killing Curse against him. “I knew you had a present for him!” the girl yelled and Changkyun quickly covered with his palm.

“Shh!” the Ravenclaw boy became suddenly nervous and looked around, hoping Kihyun wasn’t at the Quidditch pitch. “Please don’t tell anyone” Changkyun whispered in his deep voice. “Not even Lucy and Hollie” he waited for Belle to say yes but she was still in silence. “Please, Belle! They wouldn’t leave Kihyun alone if they knew about the bracelet and about this letter” the black haired begged, not having another option.

“Why didn’t you tell me? I feel betrayed” the girl pretended to be hurt though Changkyun knew she was doing it to make him feel guilty.

“I didn’t tell you because Kihyun asked me not to and also because I knew you would tell those two” he sighed.

“I think Lucy and Hollie already know about the bracelet... they saw Kihyun’s wrist and he told them his aunt gave it to him” Belle confessed and Changkyun’s heart raced. He was nervous now that the Bloom sisters knew about it and he felt stupid for telling them the truth the other day at the Study Area. “But they saw yours last week and they dragged me to the bathroom to tell me about it” she made him wish to disappear.

“Wow” Changkyun received the letter when Belle gave it back to him and stared blankly at it. “Those two are fast” he chuckled and Belle smiled at him. “Promise me you won’t tell them about this or I’ll never tell you anything anymore” he threatened, even if it wasn’t something he liked doing. Kihyun seemed to enjoy threatening people but Changkyun had a different point of view. It was just that time because he needed to do it for Belle not to open in front of the two devils. The black haired was totally fine with them knowing but Kihyun wasn’t and he wanted to respect that.

“Fiiineee” Belle pouted. “I won’t tell them anything” she shook Changkyun’s hand. “I promise” she smiled brightly. “Now tell me everything!” she demanded and Changkyun laughed, starting to talk before she became impatient.

 

After eating some snacks they had in their Common Room not to starve to death, Belle and Changkyun went to the Courtyard together with Jooheon. The latter was walking around the Ravenclaw Tower, looking for Belle, so they all decided to go hang out outside. Changkyun started reading a new book and the couple started kissing. The black haired remembered Kihyun asking him how could he stand them doing that a month ago after Slughorn’s Christmas party but he seriously didn’t mind. His friends were together, they were in a healthy relationship and he didn’t mind them kissing in front of him. The black haired usually read a book or did his homework, not even paying attention to them.

It was a quiet afternoon and most of the students were at the Courtyard. It was the first warm day in a long time and the sun made everyone go outside. Changkyun lifted his gaze from his book and looked around, finding interesting how everyone played different games and chatted happily. The black haired spotted Hyungwon and Kihyun studying farther away and the taller one waved his hand at him. Changkyun waved back and, the moment the pink haired turned to look at him, he showed him the letter and nodded, letting him know he would hang out with him the next day. Kihyun flashed him a smile - almost undetectable - to then get back to Hyungwon and his homework. No one saw them; Belle and Jooheon were still kissing and Hyungwon was too concentrated on something else.

Changkyun went back to his book after staring at Kihyun for some more minutes. He was feeling extremely happy and it wouldn’t hurt to watch the pink haired study for a while. The latter wouldn’t even notice he was stalking him with his eyes; he wanted to hide their good-terms relationship from the others and he did his best not to look back at Changkyun. The Ravenclaw boy lifted his gaze from his book several times but the Bloom sisters arrived after long minutes and he couldn’t stare at Kihyun anymore. It was risky to do something like that with those two around and he’d like to keep his little crush a secret as long as he could.

Changkyun’s mind couldn’t focus on the book anymore, he got deep in his thoughts and wondered if Kihyun stayed at the Quidditch pitch for four hours just watching their training. The pink haired obviously sent the letter from the Grounds of Hogwarts but maybe he arrived late to the Ravenclaw training. ‘But, if he arrived late, how did he know we would be training that long? We usually train two hours, not four’ he thought though a slap on his nape brought him back to reality and he found Robert smiling at him. “Please don’t hit me” Changkyun whined, caressing his sore spot softly.

“Sorry” Robert chuckled. “Hey, you two! Stop kissing in front of him, it’s annoying to have you snogging all day long!” he scolded the couple, using that horrible tone of voice Changkyun didn’t like at all.

“It’s okay, I don’t mind” the black haired smiled toothlessly at his two friends but Robert quickly grabbed Jooheon’s wrist, dragging him to the castle. “What’s wrong with him lately?” Changkyun asked Belle though the girl didn’t answer, she started apologizing for ‘snogging’ in front of him with Jooheon. “Belle, seriously, I don’t mind” the black haired caressed Belle’s arm in reassurance. “You know, it’s funny because Kihyun doesn’t understand how I stand you two snogging all day” Changkyun didn’t know the reason of his sudden blabbering about Kihyun but he thought it was a funny story to tell. “He told me he hopes Lucy never confesses to Hyungwon” Belle’s eyes widened at that. “What?” Changkyun frowned, not understanding the sudden change in her facial expression.

“Nothing I just don’t get used to you talking about Kihyun” Belle didn’t seem to be telling the truth but Changkyun decided to drop it. “Keep talking please, I’m listening” the girl went closer to Changkyun and he told her everything about their little talk during Slughorn’s Christmas party.

 

 

 

Kihyun opened his eyes that Sunday morning and immediately remembered the letter he sent to Changkyun. ‘That was stupid, he must think I’m desperate for his attention’ he thought, feeling embarrassed. His cheeks were flushed and, even if he was dying to meet Changkyun later in the secret place, he also wished to sleep all day - or maybe disappear -. ‘Why did I tell him I watched his training? Ah... so embarrassing’ the pink haired kept on regretting things while he heard his Slytherin classmates’ voices behind those thick, green curtains that covered his bed. At times like that, he thanked the heavens for having those curtains. He loved waking up quietly without letting the others know he was already awake. ‘Why do I miss him? Is it wrong?’ he asked himself and his hands flew to his pink hair, pulling on it in frustration. ‘Maybe he’s more interesting to me because we used to be enemies... yes, that’s it! It’s something totally new to me and that’s why I want to be with him, right?’ he smiled at the discovering but it faded when he realized he never let any of his enemies go closer to him as he did with Changkyun.

The Ravenclaw boy had that sad puppy expression when he was serious and Kihyun had a weakness for it - he wouldn’t admit it loudly though -. Even when he read books or wrote his essays, he looked sad and the pink haired realized it when they stopped fighting months ago. The moment he found him sitting on the Wooden Bridge staring at the scenery, he couldn’t help but feel worried. He wanted to say cheerful things to Changkyun, he wanted to make him feel better because there was nothing to be ashamed of. The black haired was a brilliant student, sometimes smarter than he was - other thing he wouldn’t admit out loud -, and the Imperius Curse was hard to control. Kihyun knew every wizard had a weakness - the pink haired had trouble in Charms class pretty often because he found the spells pretty stupid - though everything happened inside their minds, Changkyun only needed to concentrate and believe he was capable of doing it.

From that day, Kihyun couldn’t stop wondering what was the other thinking. He stared at him every time the Bloom sisters turned around to make sure he was okay. After seeing him skip breakfast once, he got worried and started watching him eat. Kihyun couldn’t do anything but at least he could scold him if they found each other alone in the secret room or maybe at the Grounds of Hogwarts. Threatening and scolding him was simple for the pink haired because he was used to it and he got to see Changkyun smile every time he did that. The Ravenclaw student didn’t get angry at him anymore, he found his threats funny. It should be frustrating for Kihyun - and it was at first - but seeing Changkyun comfortable around him was all he could ask for at that moment.

Kihyun stared at the bracelet for long minutes, admiring the white gold snake. ‘Muggles aren’t so bad at making jewelry’ he thought, finding the item fascinating despite its origins. He then realized it must have been very expensive judging by the materials it was made of and he felt a little bad for asking Changkyun for it. ‘He didn’t have to listen to me though’ he frowned, suddenly questioning his whole existence. Why did Changkyun buy him such an expensive object? Kihyun wasn’t his friend yet and he treated him like trash all those years. ‘Why?’ he thought, sighing in annoyance. He wanted to ask him but he knew he couldn’t. The pink haired had such a strong pride; he couldn’t stop calling him mudblood, even if they were in good terms. ‘I’ll do my best to be his friend’ his frown faded and he grinned toothlessly, lowering his arm to stop looking at his gorgeous bracelet. ‘Okay, enough’ he told himself and sat up, stretching his body before reaching for his wand - which was under his pillow - to open the curtains. Once he was exposed, he found Fergus, Leo and Ethan sitting on the floor playing Wizards Chess. The three of them turned to look at him and only Leo and Ethan waved their hands to greet him. Fergus did nothing; he hated Kihyun and he was jealous of him. As always, Hyungwon’s curtains were closed and the pink haired had no interest in waking him up. It was Sunday, he could do whatever he wanted.

“Kihyun, do you wanna play? Fergus needs someone to kick his ” Leo joked and Fergus punched his chest as hard as he could.

“No, thanks” Kihyun stood up, heading to the bathroom in his pajamas. He usually changed first thing in the morning but he had no rush that day. The windows showing the bottom of Hogwarts Lake helped him relax and he enjoyed watching those creatures swim around. Kihyun always loved the Slytherin Common Room. Even if the room was dark, it was quiet and nothing could be heard there down the Dungeons. The pink haired returned to the dormitory after brushing his teeth and dressed in his casual clothes: dark jeans, a beige sweater and his Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter