Quidditch training

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourth chapter ^^

I hope you are enjoying this :)

 

 

 

Their second and third week at Hogwarts weren’t easy either. All the sixth year students were growing tired of the big amount of work they had and it was just the beginning. In their Defense Against the Dark Arts lessons, Professor Kim made them practice nonverbal spells a lot. Almost everyone managed to do it thanks to his insistence, even if the spells they were using were pretty simple. He made them work in pairs each class and he was obsessed with the idea of getting Kihyun and Changkyun together. He wasn’t the only one though; Professor Sprout also picked the both of them to work together and Hagrid gave them a dangerous creature to take care together. Not Changkyun nor Kihyun understood the reason of their sudden change until Kihyun decided to ask Professor Kim about it. “You are my best students and I want you to work together” was his answer and the other two gave them the same reply. The Slytherin student wondered if it would be different if he hadn’t practiced his curse on Changkyun in his second year. Maybe they would be friends at that moment and they would have made a wonderful team. ‘Shut it’ Kihyun thought while he tried his best not to fall asleep on his Herbology homework. ‘A half-blood with a pure-blood, ha, funny’ his mind kept on wandering around the impossible idea of being Changkyun’s friend.

The four Slytherin students were spending their free hour before Defense Against the Dark Arts in the Library, trying to finish their Herbology parchment about Snargaluffs. Hyungwon’s jaw was dropping while he read his Flesh-Eating Trees of the World copy and the two sisters were helping each other find more information about Snargaluffs. Kihyun stared at them, contemplating the idea of throwing a paper ball into Hyungwon’s opened mouth. He quietly took a Bubblegum from his pocket, ate it as if he wasn’t planning anything, made a tiny ball with the envelope and threw it to Hyungwon. The paper ball went right into the tall one’s mouth and he started coughing, spitting the object in his hand. Kihyun laughed - without any noise -, feeling proud of his abilities, and Hyungwon threw it back to him. The pink haired reacted fast and used his wand to make it fly away. It landed on Minhyuk’s parchment and Kihyun regretted it when the Gryffindor student got up.

“Stop your nonsense or I’ll tell Madam Pince!” Minhyuk kind of yelled and whispered at the same time. “Aren’t you trying to finish your Herbology homework?” the two boys nodded. “Well, I’m trying to concentrate on finishing my History parchment so please stop playing like two prats!” Minhyuk got back to his seat next to his best friend Felicity Marlowe, sharing a look of annoyance with her.

“He’s studying History” Kihyun murmured, not fully believing anyone wished to go on with History of Magic. Professor Binns - the only ghost teacher in the entire school - was boring and made everyone fall asleep in his class. It was a shame because History could be a very interesting subject if it was taught correctly. “I mean, what the actual ?” the pink haired made the other three chuckle.

“He’s gone mental” Hyungwon laughed lowly not to be heard by Madam Pince. They both went on with their Herbology homework after that and Kihyun tried not to look at Hyungwon. His face inspired the pink haired to do more of his stupid jokes and he didn’t want to see Minhyuk’s angry expression again. He wrote as fast as his hand let him and took almost half an hour to finish. He then placed his parchment inside his copy of Flesh-Eating Trees of the World and stood up, ready to go to the 1st floor. “Do we have to go already?” Hyungwon was surprised and Kihyun nodded. The Bloom sisters finished their homework too but Hyungwon had to close his book, even if he was only halfway.

The corridors were overflowing with students that morning, just like any other Monday. The weather was getting colder each week and the Quidditch training was harder with that cold breeze hitting their eyes. The weather wouldn’t stop them though, Kihyun was proud of his team and he was sure they would win the Quidditch Cup. He had Hyungwon as one of his Beaters, Leo as the other one, he had three female Chasers including Hollie, Olivia - from fifth year - and a younger one from third year called Lottie, and he had a big guy named Ethan as his Keeper. Kihyun chose them wisely when he started as a Captain of the team in his fourth year and they won one time. They had a very successful training those two weeks and he hoped it would go on like that.

His positive thoughts about his Quidditch team vanished the second they reached the 1st floor, finding their other classmates there. Kihyun automatically spotted Changkyun and thought about using Levicorpus but the black haired turned around to then raise his wand as a threat. His look clearly said ‘don’t even think about it’ so he restrained himself and waited in silence until, 5 minutes later, Professor Kim arrived. The latter was wearing his usual dark green robe that covered his feet and his hair was messy. He opened the classroom’s door and let the students get in. To their surprise, he didn’t order them to move the tables aside, he stood up at the front with a neutral expression on his face. He stayed quiet, letting the youngers get comfortable on their desks before asking them to open their books. “We’ll leave Nonverbal Spells for later and we’ll focus on the Unforgivable Curses” Professor Jongwoon said in his low voice. “As you all might know, we have three Unforgivable Curses: the Imperius Curse, the Cruciatus Curse and the Killing Curse” he showed them terrible images of the curses being used against wizards years earlier. “The Imperius Curse is one of the most powerful and sinister spells known to wizardkind” Kim Jongwoon started explaining while the pictures changed. “When cast successfully, the curse places the victim completely under the caster's control, though a person with exceptional strength of will is capable of resisting it. The fact that the curse can be defended against makes it unique among the Unforgivable Curses. It is also unique in that it is the least harmful of the curses except if performed improperly” Professor Kim stopped changing those pictures when they started showing the Cruciatus Curse. Kihyun was listening carefully because he was very interested in those curses. It wasn’t that he wished to use them but those explanations were amazing to him. “I know a few people that ended up in St. Mungo’s Hospital because of that and they believed they were animals or different kind of objects... you need to be careful” Professor Kim finally changed to the next curse and started explaining it too.

Kihyun stared at Changkyun, who was a few meters away from him, and found him taking notes on his book’s margins. ‘How dare you?’ he thought, scrunching his nose in disgust as he watched those pages becoming black with ink. He then shifted his gaze to the boy’s face and rolled his eyes when he caught him biting the interior of his cheeks. The black haired did that whenever he was nervous or concentrated and Kihyun hated it. Why couldn’t he pay attention without doing it? ‘Maybe because he’s dead from the neck up’ he chuckled silently but shook his head when he realized he hadn’t been paying attention and all because of Changkyun, the person he hated the most.

“So basically you cannot stop a Killing Curse unless you dodge it, block it with an object or something that can cover you from the green light, or unless someone decides to die instead of you” Professor Kim turned the pictures projector off to then stare at his students in silence. “Any questions?” he asked and almost everyone lifted their hands. The questions the students made were all about the previous wars but Kihyun had only one doubt: would they practice those curses in class? Wasn’t it extremely dangerous? The pink haired always said he would like to practice them on Changkyun but he was just angry at him and talking nonsense. He was never serious about it. “Okay, enough questions” Professor Kim interrupted the excited students. “Don’t worry, I will just show you the Imperius Curse today because the point of this class is that you learn to defend yourselves from it. It’s a little difficult but you only have to concentrate and think you don’t want to obey orders from anyone. You have to show your free will against the curse” Kim Jongwoon’s voice was neutral and low as always but Kihyun heard him louder than ever. Did he just say they would defend themselves? What if someone performed it improperly? “Okay, everyone form a line in front of me” he smiled and it looked extremely creepy. “I’ll throw you the Imperius Curse and you’ll try to stop me” he added but no one moved. “No need to worry, I know how to perform it perfectly” Professor Kim assured and Kihyun stood up at the same time Changkyun did. They stared at each other for a few seconds before the pink haired ran to the front of the class to go first.

“Cowards” he muttered under his breath and saw Changkyun rolling his eyes in annoyance. “Piss off, mudblood, I don’t want you to be close to me” the Slytherin student made the black haired growl and he quietly moved to leave Belle behind Kihyun. To their surprise, all the others formed the line after they stood up.

“Okay, let’s begin” Professor Kim said. “Be ready, Mr. Yoo, you have to concentrate” his low voice echoed around the silent classroom and Kihyun closed his eyes before his professor pronounced one word he still feared - even if he showed all that arrogance on the outside -. “Imperio!” and everything darkened. He felt as if he was floating; it actually felt really good. All his responsibilities and fears were suddenly gone, everything seemed fine. A soft voice inside his head kept on telling him to dance on top of the desks and his body started walking in the desks’ direction. He climbed on one of the wooden benches and went up to the table. He started dancing as the voice kept on telling him inside his mind but he was suddenly interrupted and the classroom was back in front of his eyes. All the others were laughing and he saw Changkyun regretting his decision of getting into the line so quickly. His nervous stare was pretty obvious and he wasn’t laughing like everyone. “It didn’t work, let’s try one more time” his voice was drowned by the teenagers’ laughter. “Silence all of you” he shut them up without yelling and everyone complied.

“If you laugh again, I’ll throw curses to all of you” Kihyun turned around to whisper but Professor Kim heard him.

“Shush, Mr. Yoo” the pink haired caught a glimpse of a smirk from his professor and he realized the elder was doing it on purpose. He was making him do embarrassing things in front of everyone to have some fun himself. ‘Wanker’ Kihyun thought though he couldn’t do anything, he had a reputation to keep and he didn’t want trouble. “Okay, here I go” Kim Jongwoon pointed his wand at Kihyun. “Remember, you have your free will, use it against the curse” he reminded him but it was hard to achieve when you felt so good under the effects of the Imperius Curse. “Ready?” the Slytherin student nodded. “Imperio!” once again, everything darkened and he felt like floating around. All his body felt light like a feather and he heard the voice again, telling him to sing a funny song. Kihyun automatically sang and Professor Kim let him for a few seconds to then stop the curse once more. “Okay, it’s not something easy, let’s move on” the elder moved him aside. “Miss. Campbell” and he continued with the other students of the different houses.

When the class ended they all did ridiculous things and he laughed loudly with each one. Specially when it was Changkyun’s turn and Professor Kim made him imitate different animals. Kihyun was surprised because the Bloom sisters were the only ones who achieved it. Professor Jongwoon assured they had a lot of self control and gave Slytherin 10 points. On the other hand, Jooheon didn’t to do the exercise because he wouldn’t get out from under his desk and Kim Jongwoon took away 5 points from Gryffindor. Kihyun didn’t understand the reason of the Sorting Hat choosing that house for him.

The moment they went out of the classroom, Kihyun felt someone patting his shoulder. He turned around and surprisingly found Changkyun there with a hesitant expression on his face. “What do you want, filthy mudblood?” he moved his pink hair fabulously, waiting for the one in front of him to say something.

“I just wanted to say that you have an amazing voice” the Ravenclaw student didn’t laugh and Kihyun realized he was actually serious about it. “Don’t get me wrong, I still hate you, but I wanted to tell you because it surprised me” he ended his sentence there and the pink haired was so confused he didn’t react at all. “That’s all I have to say” Changkyun turned around and he felt something pulling him up from his ankle. ‘That !’ he thought, using Liberacorpus quickly to then chase Changkyun so he could take revenge.

“Im Changkyun! Come back here!” he yelled but the Ravenclaw student was already running away with Belle, Jooheon and Robert; the three of them laughing out loud.

 

 

 

“He likes your voice~” the Bloom sisters sing sung while walking by his side and Kihyun sighed. He was glad Potions class was over but he didn’t want to go to his next class since he’d have to work with Changkyun. Hagrid assigned them for the same creature and they had to take care of it together.

“Oh, shut up” the pink haired covered the sisters’ mouths with his palms and kicked Hyungwon’s shin as hard as he could from his uncomfortable position. The tall one whined in pain but didn’t stop laughing. “He just said it to confuse me so he could attack me! That’s not fair because we both became really good in nonverbal spells but he didn’t let me defend myself. Such a coward” Kihyun tried to reason with his friends but the Bloom sisters raised a brow at him while Hyungwon kept on laughing.

“I don’t think he said it to confuse you” the two girls said in unison. “He started laughing at you but he suddenly stopped” Lucy explained. “And listened carefully to the song” Hollie finished her sister’s sentence though they both shut up when Professor Slughorn reached for them. The pink haired thanked the heavens for that because they would finally forget about Changkyun’s unacceptable behavior. The old man was holding his books in one arm and his cauldron with the other. Kihyun knew he was returning to his luxurious office on the sixth floor. He then left his cauldron on the floor and took out four invitations from his pocket, using his wand to make it easier.

“Kihyun, this is for you... aaand this is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter