Quidditch isn't a safe game

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well, I updated faster than I thought xD

I hope you don't kill me when you finish reading this :P haha

More Changki moments for you <3!!

Hope you like it ^^

 

 

 

“Concentrate, Mr. Im!” Professor Kim raised his voice, pointing at Changkyun with his wand but the latter was tired and he didn’t want to practice anymore. The other sixth year students were staring at him and laughing at whatever Professor Kim made him do and he couldn’t take it anymore. The black haired was busy thinking about other things like the Quidditch match against Slytherin that would take place two weeks later or the fact that Kihyun wouldn’t stop sending him letters whenever he wanted to hang out for a while. Changkyun was the only one who couldn’t resist the Imperius Curse and Fergus seemed to be enjoying it a lot. The Slytherin student couldn’t do anything right, not even a Levitation Spell - the black haired always wondered how could he be in the N.E.W.T level -, but he felt powerful knowing he could do something Changkyun couldn’t. Maybe he wasn’t made to disobey orders, maybe his parents gave him a different education and he couldn’t say no to a professor. His mind betrayed him every time he believed he was about to achieve it and he was already drained out of energy.

“I can’t, Professor Kim” he raised his palms to stop the elder because he seriously couldn’t take it anymore. His frustration and embarrassment made his confidence fly away and, without confidence, there was no way he would achieve such a difficult task. Fergus was laughing lowly, whispering things to Leo and making Changkyun feel even more useless. “Can we stop? Please” he begged and his professor sighed, lowering his wand in disappointment. The other students shut up once he turned to look at them and they waited for the elder man’s decision.

“Okay, let’s practice Nonverbal Spells for a while!” he said and every student searched for their partners to practice. Changkyun’s mind was clouded with thoughts and his body wouldn’t move from his spot. Thankfully, Kihyun walked in his direction and patted his back after making sure no one was watching. The pink haired stood in front of him and placed his palms on top of his shoulders to then shake him from there. Changkyun took a few seconds to finally react and he apologized to Kihyun. The moment he was about to step backwards to start duelling, the Slytherin boy grabbed his wrist and went closer to his ear.

“Don’t let them take you down, I believe in you” his soft voice made Changkyun shiver a little and those words were enough for him to cheer up. The Ravenclaw student stared at Kihyun when he parted and smiled toothlessly at him, letting him know his attempts to make him feel better were working perfectly.

“Thank you” the black haired whispered back but before they could start duelling, Robert appeared out of nowhere and stood in between them, glaring at Kihyun. The Gryffindor boy was angry at him since Changkyun’s birthday and he kept on trying to push him away from his friend. It was a normal reaction considering the pink haired treated him like trash that afternoon in Hogsmeade but Changkyun already asked him nicely to stop and he didn’t feel like fighting with Robert again.

“Stay away from Changkyun” Robert spoke in a low voice not to be heard by Professor Kim. “I’ll work with him today, go with your puppet Hyungwon” he added and Changkyun sighed.

“Robert, stop it” the black haired pulled his friend back from his arm. “I told you it’s fine, I don’t need a bodyguard and I think you should give Hyungwon a chance, he’s nice” Changkyun didn’t know if he’d be able to keep that relaxed tone of voice because he wasn’t in the best mood after his embarrassing performance and Kihyun’s nice attempt to make him feel better was slowly fading with Robert’s nonsense.

“A Slytherin student? Nice?” Robert raised his voice without realizing it and Professor Kim automatically turned to look at the little scene. “Don’t make me laugh, Changkyun. They are pure blood rats” he went on and Changkyun rolled his eyes, trying to ignore his angry friend. He didn’t understand the huge rivalry in between Gryffindor and Slytherin; it was stupid. Gryffindor always trying to prove they were better than Slytherin and vice-versa.

“What about you, little Gryffindors?” Kihyun couldn’t contain himself and Professor Kim walked in their direction to make sure they wouldn’t start fighting. “Always trying to be heroes and prove how brave you are” the pink haired chuckled. “You are Slytherin’s shadow” Robert grabbed Kihyun’s tie after hearing him say that and lifted him from the floor.

“Robert, I told you to stop!” Changkyun pointed at Robert with his wand before Professor Kim scolded them. He gave detention to Kihyun and Robert and they both cursed under their breaths.

“You are defending this piece of trash instead of me? Thank you so much, mate” Robert turned around and returned to Hyungwon, starting to duel. Changkyun knew he didn’t want to work with Hyungwon because he always lost but it wasn’t necessary to make a scene. Every time they were about to practice those spells, he became nervous and got angry at anyone. Jooheon and Belle were staring at Robert with confused eyes and they raised their shoulders in Changkyun’s direction.

“I’m sorry, Kihyun” the black haired whispered and raised his wand. “Should we start?” he asked and the pink haired nodded, not caring about Robert’s behavior. Kihyun didn’t see the Gryffindor student as a threat; he considered him inferior in so many levels he only answered to make fun of him, nothing more. He wasn’t happy with the punishment Professor Kim gave them but he could manage. Kihyun flashed Changkyun a friendly smile and threw him a curse. The Ravenclaw boy successfully avoided it and they started performing a spectacular duel. They were finally having fun, not worrying about anything.

Defense Against the Dark Arts ended after an hour of practicing Nonverbal Spells and Professor Kim let them leave. “Mr. Im” he called Changkyun and all the students started packing their things slower only to listen to the conversation. Kihyun flashed him a worried look that melted his heart and he knew nothing Professor Kim could say would let him down. “I’ll give you one last chance to resist the Imperius Curse next class, understood?” he asked and Changkyun nodded. “I cannot give you a positive score if you keep on performing like that so, if you don’t achieve it next class, I’ll give you tutoring lessons in my office” Professor Kim made the younger sigh because he was sure he wouldn’t be able to do it. He felt a lot of pressure and the fact that the Imperius Curse didn’t make them suffer wasn’t helping at all. “Professor McGonagall told me you were the first one who managed to Disappear in Apparition class and she told me you did it perfectly” the student nodded with a toothless smile while hearing that; he felt proud of himself. “It’s a shame I missed it but I won’t miss the first time you resist the Imperius Curse. If you could Apparate so easily, you shouldn’t have trouble with this and I will put pressure on you because I know who you are and I know you are capable of extraordinary things” Professor Kim patted his shoulder. “Cheer up, Mr. Im, you are a brilliant wizard. Don’t let a dim witted curse win” he ended his speech. ‘It isn’t a dim witted curse’ Changkyun thought but nodded anyway. “You may leave” Professor Kim turned around and picked his things up before disappearing behind the entrance door.

Changkyun stared at it for long minutes, spacing out. He didn’t know if he would be able to achieve it and he didn’t want to face Professor Kim’s tutoring lessons. The Ravenclaw student had no time with all the subjects he took that year and his Quidditch training was growing harder each week. Alana’s temper was terrible and she made them stay 3 or 4 hours each Saturday morning without noticing. She apologized right away but it didn’t erase the fact that she made them train for long hours nonstop. ‘I don’t want tutoring lessons’ he thought, letting out a long sigh.

“Don’t worry, you’ll do it next class” Jooheon said, circling an arm around his shoulders. Changkyun fell back to reality with that and he realized Kihyun was gone, just like all Slytherin. Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor were gone too, except for the three of them. Changkyun knew Robert wouldn’t talk to him for days but maybe it was for the best. “Let’s go eat something!” he yelled and dragged the two Ravenclaw students to the Great Hall.

 

Later that day, after their Potions class, Kihyun headed to the Grounds of Hogwarts. Professor Slughorn invited them to one of his parties on Saturday night and he said yes, just like everyone else. They didn’t feel like it that much because they were mostly focusing on the Quidditch match that would take place two weeks later but they couldn’t say no when Horace Slughorn seemed so excited to invite them. The pink haired walked behind Changkyun in silence until they finally reached the grass - the snow around it was fading and it wasn’t that cold anymore, he could wear only one scarf instead of two - and quickly reached for him when he was sure no one was looking. Changkyun got startled at first but flashed him a smile the moment he realized it was him. “Hi” the black haired muttered, walking slower to wait for Kihyun.

“Hey” the Slytherin boy replied and stared at his companion with worried eyes. Was he okay? Kihyun couldn’t tell; Changkyun had a sad expression whenever he was serious. They walked side by side, not saying anything for a few minutes. It was comfortable but at the same time he felt like breaking the silence. “Are you okay?” Kihyun finally did it and Changkyun turned to look at him.

“Yes, I’m fine” he smiled reassuringly but the pink haired could tell he was too pensive. “I just don’t get it... I’m a good wizard, right?” Kihyun nodded at that. “Then, why can’t I do it?” he asked and the Slytherin student thought for a few seconds, trying to find the right words to tell Changkyun he had to learn how to say no to people.

“Can I be honest?” Kihyun softly spoke, staring at the ground not to fall - the slope was too pronounced at that point -. Hagrid’s Hut wasn’t far from there and he had to hurry up if he wanted to tell Changkyun his thoughts. The younger gave him his approval and he opened his mouth to talk again. “You never say no, that’s why” Changkyun was about to protest but Kihyun shut him up. “I’m not finished yet” he said and the black haired pouted, making his heart race. He decided to ignore that; it happened a lot to him lately and he still wondered why. “Think about it, mudblood” Kihyun stopped because he saw Hagrid’s Hut very close from them. “When was the last time you denied something from someone? You even helped Hyungwon when we weren’t even friends” the pink haired saw his companion opening his mouth to then close it and start thinking. His eyes fixated on the ground while he brushed his chin with his index finger and Kihyun realized he gave up when he sighed.

“Fine, you are right” Changkyun admitted, starting to walk again. “What do you suggest?”

“I suggest you stop being like a house-elf and start acting like a wizard already” Kihyun harshly answered but the black haired didn’t get affected by his comments anymore and he was glad; it wasn’t like he could control those impulses of saying hurtful things.

“Well, thank you” Changkyun chuckled. “I’ll stop acting like a house-elf, I promise” the Ravenclaw student made him giggle a little and he suddenly had an idea. The pink haired had been practicing the Imperius Curse with the wizard-shaped target his parents gave him for Christmas - he had it in his dormitory at the Dungeons in case he needed it - and he thought he could help Changkyun resist it.

“I can help you practice” Kihyun spoke and the two of them stopped in front of Hagrid, joining the crowd of students. Changkyun got surprised with his words though grinned anyway, nodding in response.

“Thank you” he whispered before Hagrid started his class.

“You’re welcome”

 

 

 

Thursdays at Hogwarts were busy days for everyone except for sixth and seventh years. The former students had Charms class in the morning with Professor Flitwick and they had the rest of the day to finish their homework or practice spells they weren’t able to do yet. Changkyun decided it would be good to go to the Study Area with Belle and Jooheon - Robert was still angry at him and was hanging out with Trevor Keedy and his Gryffindor mates -. The place was crowded at that hour because all first years were running around and trying to make sure their Transfiguration essays were okay before their class. Changkyun stared at them and remembered his excitement when he was eleven and he was still discovering the magical world. Everything in his life changed when he received that letter and finally believed his father. He wanted to go running to his neighbor’s house and tell him but the elder man didn’t let him do it. His father had a hard time explaining everything to him and his mother but it turned out well. They both followed every rule and his mother was even more excited about the whole thing than him. She kept on investigating to know better and she often wished she was a witch. Changkyun smiled, remembering the support she gave him and how happy she got whenever he won a Quidditch match or whenever he achieved a new spell. He was thankful they were both supportive but he wondered if they would be like that once he told them he was gay. Kihyun wouldn’t leave his mind those days and the fact that the pink haired was planning on using the Imperius Curse against him made him nervous. ‘What if I end up going crazy and they have to lock me in St. Mungo’s Hospital?’ he gulped audibly and shook his head, returning to his previous activity.

Changkyun moved the tiny mirror he was using so it pointed right at his face and mumbled the spell to change his hair color. Belle and Jooheon were doing the same thing but they already stopped to kiss. The Ravenclaw boy saw them staring at each other after a long lip lock and they looked so cute together, so in love. ‘Will someone ever love me like that?’ he asked himself, having no hope. Kihyun didn’t seem ready to let the others know they were friends and Changkyun wasn’t sure about his uality. Maybe he was falling for a straight guy and that would be a big problem. Changkyun sighed and turned back to his mirror, finding his black hair gone, replaced by a blonde color. “Bloody hell, you look good in that color!” Jooheon suddenly said, raising his hand to make a thumbs up. “Keep it like that” he suggested and Changkyun chuckled. “I’m sure girls will be crazy about you, don’t you think, love?” he asked and the Ravenclaw boy tried his best not to roll his eyes. He never told Jooheon he was gay and he wasn’t ready to do it but he was also tired to hear those comments.

“Yeah... girls...” Belle winked at him and they both giggled.

“Hey! Why are you laughing? Am I missing something? Do you have a girlfriend? Who is it? Bryony?” Jooheon asked a lot of questions and Changkyun shook his head to answer all of them at once. Changkyun pointed with his index finger to a far away table and Jooheon gasped. Hoseok and Bryony were snogging there; the girl finally gave him a chance and thanked Changkyun about it. Alana wasn’t happy about it and she took out her rage on her Quidditch team. Changkyun was scared Reuben - their youngest player and one of the Beaters - left the team before the school year ended. Arlo wasn’t in a better condition and he was a coward most of the time so it wasn’t good Alana behaved like that. Her blonde curls looked even messier those days.

“Hoseok won Bryony from you! You are slow my friend” Jooheon shook his head in disapproval but Changkyun just ignored him, turning back to stare at his mirror. He liked that color and he was willing to try other crazy colors. He pointed at his hair with his wand and mumbled the spell again, changing it to an electric blue he used the first class they practiced changing their eyebrows only. “I think that one is a little too much” Jooheon was still staring at him and Changkyun knew he wanted to learn those spells himself but he didn’t pass his Transfiguration O.W.L exam and he couldn’t do the N.E.W.T level. Changkyun pointed at his hair once again and tried doing it nonverbally. Half of his head turned back to its black color and half remained blue. It wasn’t perfect but he was seeing some progress. “And now you look like a clown” Jooheon laughed and he did it too because he was right, his hair looked funny. Changkyun pointed at it once again and turned it back to the blonde color he tried before. It was good, he liked it, but he wouldn’t leave it like that, he wanted his black hair back.

Before he could turn his hair back to its natural color, someone sat by his side, startling him a little. It was a male from Slytherin, covering his face with his green scarf and his hair with the black hood of his robe. “Hi, mudblood” it was Kihyun and he uncovered his face a little to talk. Jooheon raised his wand in case the pink haired did something to his friend though the latter only laughed. “Do you really think you can win against me?” he asked and Jooheon growled, putting his wand down. “I won’t do anything to your precious friend, don’t worry” he assured and suddenly stared at Changkyun with wide eyes. “W-What happened to your hair?” he asked in that soft tone of voice he used whenever they were alone. “I mean, it looks hideous, turn it back to black” he returned to the other voice he used and Changkyun rolled his eyes. “I cannot look at you with that awful hair” he added and the Ravenclaw student pointed at his locks, turning them back to their natural color.

“There. Happy now?” Kihyun nodded though he didn’t seem convinced. “What do you want?” he asked and saw the pink haire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter