The end of the school year

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone!! I'm back with the last chapter :D
It's quite long (or maybe that's just what I think hahaha) so I hope you enjoy and I hope you don't find it empty!
I want to thank everyone for the gorgeous comments and for all the support you've given me <3<3
I'm greatful and I will write and epilogue for all of you :3 <3
Thanks again!!

 

 

 

Changkyun couldn’t believe he was already chasing after the golden Snitch. Alana had a strategy to win more points but Minhyuk was fast enough to notice the Snitch flying a few meters away from the two of them and he had no other option than to go behind it. His broom was faster than Minhyuk’s so it wouldn’t be hard for him but he wanted to have more points before catching it. Luck wasn’t on Ravenclaw’s side that year and maybe they should surrender and let Slytherin win. It was always like that, they won one year and Slytherin won the next one, they needed to face it. Alana saw him when he was about to close his hand around the golden ball and she yelled like a crazy woman, telling him to stop. Changkyun couldn’t stop, he already had it and Minhyuk wasn’t that far from him so he pretended to be deaf. Even if Ravenclaw won with 200 points, it wasn’t enough for them to win the Quidditch Cup and Alana wasn’t happy. “Changkyun! I was telling you to stop! What part of it didn’t you understand, huh?” she set her long, curly, blond hair free and started walking in the Seeker’s direction once they were safely standing on the grass of the pitch. The boy didn’t know what to do, the captain seemed to be burning in anger and maybe he would receive a punch in the face. “I’m so mad at you right now I feel like I could spit fire, Im Changkyun!” she stopped right in front of the Seeker and took a deep breath not to strangle him.

“Alana, wait, don’t be mad at me, Minhyuk saw the Snitch and there was nothing I could do about it! We had only 50 points and, if he caught the Snitch first, we would have lost” he explained because he didn’t deserve that. Changkyun never did something wrong on purpose and he believed he made the right decision back there. They would be in second place thanks to his smart decision. If he hadn’t had caught the Snitch, they would had been in third place because Hufflepuff had a lot of points too.

“We lost anyway! Now Slytherin won the Quidditch Cup this year and look at them celebrating” she growled, turning around angrily to then head to the dressing rooms without saying another word. His teammates were watching the scene and Changkyun could sense their fear. Alana was imposing and scary when she was telling them what to do and the blonde knew it but there was nothing he could do about it. The whole Slytherin was throwing hats in the air and screaming but he got surprised when he found Kihyun, Hyungwon and the Bloom sisters by his side. They all hugged him and Kihyun messed his blond strands up with his hand.

“You’ve lost your chance, we won” Kihyun whispered in his ear as a joke but then frowned when he realized the Ravenclaw boy wasn’t laughing and was pouting instead. “Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked and Changkyun understood he didn’t see Alana scolding him seconds ago. “It was a joke, I thought you had no trouble realizing it already” Kihyun caressed his back softly and the blonde sighed, grabbing his boyfriend’s hand to erase his worried expression. Changkyun felt a little bad for losing because it was his fault Slytherin won the other time but it wasn’t his fault they didn’t get enough points against Gryffindor.

“I know, it’s not about what you said” Changkyun explained not to make his companion feel guilty about his depressive mood. “Alana blames me...” he said and saw Belle dragging the entire team to the dressing rooms so the couple could stay alone with Hyungwon and the Bloom sisters. Jooheon was with his own team and that was the reason they didn’t see him anywhere. “What could I do? Minhyuk saw the Snitch” he defended himself, hoping someone would tell him he was right. The others didn’t say anything but Hyungwon hugged him, lifting him from the floor and succeeding in making him chuckle.

“We can share the Quidditch Cup with you, don’t worry” the tall boy assured with a smile and Changkyun thanked him because he was always nice to him. “Tell Alana we won’t let her touch our Quidditch Cup if she treats you like that again” Hyungwon added and they all laughed.

“We won’t let her touch our Quidditch Cup” Kihyun suddenly spoke. “And we will charge you if you want to touch it” he directed his words to his boyfriend and giggled when the blonde whined like a baby. “Cheer up, Changkyunnie” their friends started teasing Kihyun when he called Changkyun like that. “Shut up, you three” he growled. “I’m sure Ravenclaw will be able to win next year... if I decide to go soft on you” the pink haired circled an arm around the Ravenclaw boy’s shoulders and started walking towards the dressing rooms. “I’ll have to think about it” he made the three Slytherins laugh but Changkyun complained, not able to forget Alana’s scolding from minutes ago. “Hey, don’t be like this, it wasn’t your fault” Kihyun whispered not to be heard by the others. “There was nothing you could do” he started slowing down to let their friends walk ahead. “Do you want to go to the secret room after lunch? I miss being there with you and we won’t catch a cold this time because the weather is warm” the pink haired flashed him a gorgeous smile and he nodded, pecking Kihyun’s cheek when no one was looking.

“Thank you, Kihyunnie” Changkyun whispered and left the three Slytherin students outside the dressing rooms so he could go change. Alana wasn’t there anymore when he entered the room and he was glad because he didn’t want to face her again. Belle was waiting for him and, once they were both ready, they went back to the castle with the others. They were hungry and the Great Hall was full of delicious food so they could eat whatever they wanted. Kihyun didn’t let go of his hand until they reached their respective tables and, while he was having lunch, he turned around to check on him several times. Changkyun’s heart raced at that and he couldn’t help to smile. His boyfriend was showing his soft side more often each day and the blonde was certain he fell in love with that pure blood boy he used to hate so much. ‘I should ask Belle about it’ he thought, planning to talk to her that night. He needed her advice and he knew Belle was understanding and useful every time he had doubts about something. His thoughts were interrupted by Hyungwon’s finger tapping his shoulder and he managed to relax when the tall one started joking.

 

Changkyun and Kihyun went to the Courtyard with their friends after lunch. They wanted to be with them for a while so they wouldn’t tease them for disappearing the whole day. Lucy was sitting by Hyungwon’s side and played with his dark brown hair, Belle was on Jooheon’s lap and was kissing him on the lips from time to time and Hollie was by Kihyun’s side, staring at them with an unreadable expression on her face. The pink haired was scrunching his nose and Changkyun was trying hard not to laugh because his boyfriend’s face was priceless every time he saw a couple kissing in front of him. “I’m the only single one in the entire group” Hollie chuckled. “Go ahead and kiss too” she slapped Kihyun’s arm, making him glare.

“We won’t kiss in front of you! We are considerate, unlike them” the pink haired pointed at the other couples and Lucy rolled her eyes.

“It’s just because you want to hide from everyone, if you could kiss in public, you would do it, Yoo Kihyun” Lucy said and Kihyun crossed his arms over his chest, denying it completely. Changkyun believed his boyfriend because he didn’t like others watching them, not even when they held hands or hugged. “And I’m not kissing Hyungwon!” she sighed in annoyance but Kihyun ignored her. On the other hand, Hyungwon was already a laughing mess and Jooheon seemed confused about the sudden discussion. Changkyun stared at them with a playful smile on his face and he earned a harsh punch from his boyfriend.

“Why are you smiling? You should be supporting me!” Kihyun yelled while the blonde pretended to cry. The punch hurt a lot and he couldn’t stop caressing his sore arm because he felt it would fall. “You are my boyfriend” he whispered that part and Changkyun pouted.

“You didn’t have to hit me like that” he complained and Hyungwon laughed even harder, throwing himself to the floor while circling his stomach with both arms. “I don’t mind them kissing” Changkyun said and Kihyun gave up on trying to convince him otherwise.

“Stop touching your arm, I didn’t hit you that hard” the pink haired grabbed Changkyun’s wrist to then intertwine their fingers not to let him caress his sore spot any longer. The Ravenclaw boy whined because it still hurt but he didn’t want to let go of his boyfriend’s hand. “And you, Hyungwon, stop laughing” Kihyun ordered everyone around like always and it was a funny sight. A pink haired, short male bossing his friends as if he was the leader of the group; Changkyun found it amusing.

After hours of talking at the Courtyard, Changkyun and Kihyun decided to leave. They already planned to go to their secret room for a while and they wouldn’t miss the chance to be alone. Their friends greeted them with knowing smiles on their faces and told them to meet later at the Great Hall to have dinner. The two boys nodded and started walking in the third floor’s direction. They let go of their hands because everyone would see them but they stayed close to each other. They weren’t wearing their robes, it was warm outside and they didn’t need them; that was the main reason they couldn’t hold hands while walking. The castle looked gorgeous with the sunlight entering the large windows and all the students seemed to be in a good mood. Changkyun stared at them chatting happily or running around and he smiled.

His happiness didn’t last for long though, Robert appeared in front of them when they reached the Clock’s Entrance and crashed against Changkyun on purpose, making him fall backwards. Kihyun took his wand out of his pocket and pointed it at Robert, ready to attack in case the other tried to harm his boyfriend but the Gryffindor boy just laughed. “Enjoy while you can” he whispered and left. Kihyun helped Changkyun up and silently pointed at Robert with his wand, using the Jelly Legs Curse nonverbally. The boyfriends giggled when the Gryffindor student lost his balance and fell to the floor with his legs shaking violently. The two boys ran away from there before Robert used the counter-curse and quickly entered the secret room, closing the wooden door behind their backs. They heard steps outside but they knew Robert wouldn’t find them in there. Their hands were covering their mouths not to laugh loudly but they couldn’t help it after some seconds. They ended up laughing out loud and the lady on the portrait stared at them with a slight smile on her face. “It’s been a long time since I last saw you” the woman said once their laughter dissipated. “Please come in” she added and opened the door to the room, letting the boys pass. They both thanked her and walked in, stopping in the middle of the room.

“That was amazing” Changkyun chuckled and pecked his boyfriend’s lips. The blonde was beyond happy because Kihyun defended him and he did it in a brilliant way - that was funny too -. The Slytherin boy smiled at him but it soon faded as he kissed him again, longer this time. Their lips moved together and Changkyun felt hands softly brushing his upper body until they reached his chest and rested there. The blonde circled his boyfriend’s waist with both arms and squeezed him, tilting his head to the side to deepen their lip lock. Kihyun’s hands grabbed onto Changkyun’s blue sweater and he hesitantly slipped his tongue into the Ravenclaw student’s mouth. The latter was surprised at first and he parted for a split second but, before Kihyun could say something about it, he kissed him again experimentally using his tongue. It felt good kissing that way and he knew the Slytherin boy was enjoying it too because his fingers were grabbing onto his hair, pulling softly from it.

The two of them were so immersed in the kiss they forgot where they were and everything around them disappeared. They felt they were alone in the whole world and they couldn’t get enough of each other. The room was silent, except for some birds singing and they didn’t know how much time went by. They just kissed more and more, not caring about anything else. It was the first time Kihyun didn’t tell him to stop and Changkyun was lost in his soft lips. He loved the pink haired so much and he hoped he was showing enough affection to make it clear. He caressed Kihyun’s back with his fingers and felt him pulling his hair a little harder.

When they parted, they joined their foreheads together and evened their breathing, staring into each other’s eyes lovingly. “Changkyunnie” Kihyun whispered, giving him a quick peck on his nose. “I...” the pink haired paused and cleared his throat. “I know this is probably something stupid to ask but... do you want to go sit outside and kiss until we have to get back for dinner?” he asked and Changkyun chuckled, nodding with a bright smile resting on his features. Kihyun intertwined their fingers once again that day and guided him to the gorgeous garden the room had. They both sat on one of those wooden benches and started kissing again. They almost missed dinner but they didn’t regret anything because they got to spend the whole afternoon alone.

 

Kihyun couldn’t stop smiling that Sunday morning. He was laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling with his curtains closed while he thought about the moment he spent with Changkyun the day before. The pink haired wasn’t someone bold but he didn’t know what came into his mind when he used his tongue to kiss his boyfriend. He blushed at the thought and touched his lips with his fingers, not tearing his gaze away from the green ceiling that looked completely black in the gloom of the dormitory. “My God, I’m helplessly in love with him” he whispered to himself and he grabbed his pillow to cover his face with it. “I feel so weird” he talked absentmindedly and flipped over, making his pillow fall by his side. Kihyun never felt that way before and he was having trouble accepting it. Changkyun made him weak and he was scared. What if he couldn’t contain himself and kissed him in front of everyone one day? What if he accidentally told him he was in love and made him run away? Kihyun knew it was fast but they knew each other for a long time already and it was something normal to fall sooner in those cases. “I should just tell him, Changkyun isn’t an idiot, he will understand” the pink haired murmured and he started playing with his bracelet as usual. “Changkyunnie” he whispered, staring at the shining object hanging from his wrist. “I just realized I’m helplessly in love with you” he blushed madly and covered his face with his pillow once again, trying not to scream because he was surrounded by sleeping boys. “I’m sorry, father, but I won’t be able to follow your rules” his voice was muffled by the fluffy object covering his face.

After minutes of just laying there talking by himself, Kihyun decided it was enough and got up from his bed. The windows showed the bottom of the Black Lake, where creatures peacefully swam, and a soft sunlight entered the dormitory, indicating it wasn’t that early. Kihyun walked to the bathroom before getting dressed in his jeans and his beige pullover. He went to his Common Room in silence after hanging his wand from the necklace his father fabricated him long ago and found a bunch of fifth year students silently reading their books. They had their O.W.L level exams and they were busy all day long. Kihyun remembered how much he studied those days last year and he felt bad for them. The sixth year students had difficult exams too but there was nothing compared to the stress fifth years suffered. The pink haired passed by them, greeting with a simple ‘hello’ before leaving the Common Room. The Dungeons were silent and cold - as always - and Kihyun hurried to the staircase.

Once he reached the ground floor, he contemplated the idea of going to the Courtyard. He wasn’t hungry yet and he knew he had time for breakfast. He walked to the castle’s entrance and walked to the Courtyard, smiling when he spotted a familiar blond head not far away from there. Changkyun was sitting on the window’s frame, just like that time they fought and McGonagall punished them months ago. He looked relaxed there and Kihyun blushed when he remembered the kisses they shared and the words he wanted to say to him. The Slytherin boy tried not to make noise so he started tiptoeing. He waited for a few seconds when he reached the window his boyfriend was sitting on and scared him by suddenly pinching his sides. Changkyun almost fell backwards though he laughed when he recognized Kihyun’s hands. “Good morning, Kihyunnie” the deep voice was like music to his ears and he wanted to punch his own face for being so in love. Changkyun gave him a quick peck on the lips and patted the empty space next to him. The pink haired complied, joining his boyfriend in his relaxing moment without hesitation. The silence around the place was incredibly satisfying and Kihyun felt a soft hand reaching for his, intertwining their fingers as always. Changkyun’s slim thumb drew circle motions around the back of his hand and he couldn’t help to rest his head on the slightly younger male’s shoulder. “Hey, what if someone sees us?” the blonde asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

“You are right, I was too comfortable to even remember about the others” Kihyun chuckled, lifting his head up but not letting go of Changkyun’s warm hand. “Changkyun, I have something to say” he turned slightly so he was facing his boyfriend and he took a deep breath to say what he’d been thinking for days. “You know, we’ve been together for a month already” he started, trying to find the right words. Changkyun nodded at that and waited for him to go on. “And I’ve been thinking a lot about us” his heart was beating fast inside his chest and he could feel his cheeks burning. “About how much I enjoy your company and your k-kisses” he struggled a little to say the last part because it was embarrassing how soft he became around Changkyun after a few months. “And I realized I don’t just like you anymore... I... I’m in l-love with you” he finally said it and automatically covered his face with his free hand in shame. “Ah, so embarrassing” he was suffering because Changkyun was still quiet and he wanted him to talk fast so he could stop feeling uncertain.

“Kihyunnie, look at me” the blonde ordered and he didn’t like anyone ordering him around but he did as he was told and lowered his hand, revealing his flushed face. Changkyun was staring at him with a soft smile and he didn’t hesitate in leaning in, kissing his lips in a loving manner. Kihyun had no more doubts after that kiss, the Ravenclaw boy told him everything without words and he felt relieved. A huge weight went out of his chest after confessing his strong feelings and he could finally relax. “I’m in love with you too” and he gave Kihyun one last kiss before they heard steps coming from the castle’s entrance. They stayed there in silence for a while, just staring into each other’s eyes. They were both helplessly in love and Kihyun had a hard time believing everything was real.

 

 

 

 

After that Sunday morning, Kihyun and Changkyun acted even more lovingly around each other. They disappeared every time they could to kiss for a while and study in peace. It was a little hard to concentrate for the two of them but they were both good students - pretty much nerds - and they were already ahead from everyone. Their classes were turning monotonous and, even if they loved practicing spells, they both needed something new. Changkyun was surprised when Professor Kim told him he got an ‘Exceeds Expectations’ in resisting the Imperius Curse because he believed the man would give him a simple ‘Acceptable’ considering he took so long to finally achieve it. It was his first ‘Exceeds Expectations’ in all his school years, just like the one Kihyun got in Charms class. They both felt a bit down for that since they had perfect scores but that wouldn’t affect their opportunity to become Aurors.

That Friday afternoon - two weeks before their final exams -, Changkyun was walking to the Quidditch pitch with his broom in his hand because Kihyun told him they could both fly around for a while after Slyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter