Slughorn's first reunion

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here goes the third chapter ^^

Enjoy!

 

 

After only three days, most of sixth year students were complaining about the great amount of work they had to do. Each class consisted in practicing nonstop to then take a ‘break’. Belle was right, those breaks were pure lies and Changkyun’s dark circles under his eyes were bigger each day. He considered leaving Arithmancy several times but he couldn’t do it, his own brain wouldn’t allow him. He had a serious problem with taking every class he could and not even Belle approved his behavior.

That first week was terrible. Not only they had to use nonverbal spells in Defense Against the Dark Arts, they also had to use them in other subjects like Charms and Transfiguration. Professor Flitwick and Professor Kim were patient when it came to practice those insanely difficult spells. On the other hand, Professor Adwell had a particular way of teaching. He wasn’t a bad replacement of Professor McGonagall, he had a lot of knowledge and he was an incredible wizard. The problem was his loud voice he loved using to yell at them the whole class and his lack of tact when he had to correct the students’ mistakes - they experienced it all those years and they knew that one wouldn’t be different -. Changkyun had an awful time that Friday morning trying to understand what Professor Callum said. Even Kihyun looked lost; he held a frown on his face the whole class.

“So this is basically a breve explanation of Human Transfiguration” Professor Callum Adwell ended his lesson with those words and Changkyun heard a loud beep. Two whole hours of hearing Mr. Adwell talk made him wish to run. “Any doubts?” with that question, all students stared blankly at him. They were surely lots of doubts judging by their confused expressions but no one dared to ask. “Very good” Professor Adwell went to his desk. “You have to bring 30 inches of parchment for next class and we’ll start practicing a simple spell to change hair color after you manage to do the Bird-Conjuring Charm, understood?” they all whined and Professor Callum hit his desk. “No complaints!” he added and sat down, waiting for everyone to leave the classroom.

“Someone murder me” Robert whispered to them. “Why did I have to get ‘Outstanding’ here? Why didn’t I follow Jooheon?” he asked mostly to himself and Changkyun raised his shoulders. “And why do we have to change our hair color? Kihyun did it without needing a spell” he talked louder when they reached the corridor and Changkyun suddenly felt his ankle being pulled harshly, leaving him hanging from the tall roof with his head pointing downwards. When Changkyun managed to process what was happening, he realized all his books were on the ground by Robert’s side. The latter’s jaw was dropping because he didn’t understand what happened and behind him was Kihyun, laughing out loud. ‘I’m gonna kill him’ Changkyun thought, knowing he just used Levicorpus to hang him from his ankle. That spell was easy to do without talking and the pink haired had been using it often that week. After learning nonverbal spells, he was excited to practice.

“Robert! Quickly, Liberacorpus” Changkyun yelled because he was high up in the air. His blood was rushing southwards and he felt his face getting redder each second. Robert took his time finding his wand inside his pants’ pocket and the black haired decided to do it himself; he was already feeling dizzy and he needed to end the spell before he threw up. He grabbed his wand, pointed at his feet and thought ‘Liberacorpus’. He automatically fell down but he was prepared not to hurt himself against the hard ground. “Arresto momentum!” he said before hitting the floor and Robert helped him get up.

“I’m sorry! I couldn’t take out my wand, it was stuck” the Gryffindor student apologized, feeling guilty. Changkyun realized Belle wasn’t there and he saw her inside the classroom talking to Professor Callum. She liked asking questions and she really wished to understand Human Transfiguration well because they would be the whole year learning about that. If she was there watching the situation, she would have done the spell fast.

“Ups” Kihyun raised his shoulders and Hyungwon laughed out loud. “What happened, Changkyun? Are you tired already? It’s been a week” he made fun of Changkyun like any other day. The Ravenclaw student always got mad at Kihyun but he had to admit he wasn’t a saint that week. Every time he found the pink haired distracted, he used Levicorpus against him and laughed loudly at his face. They both learned the spell on vacation and that was the ‘gift’ Kihyun had for him days ago. He also had a curse that made Changkyun’s nose grow and Kihyun kept on repeating the curse didn’t work because his nose was still the same as before. “Maybe if you didn’t take all those classes to be better than me, you would be fabulous like me” he smiled proudly, hi fiving with Hyungwon in the process. “Wait, no, that’s not possible. I’m just too fabulous” he made a gesture with his hand to emphasize his fabulosity.

“I’m taking all those classes because I like them, not because of you” Changkyun said, not getting mad at the other’s stupid comments. “Not everything is about you, Kihyun” he pocketed his wand. “And I know you are mad because I gave you my present first” he stuck his tongue out at Kihyun and, before he could say anything else, Professor Adwell walked out of the classroom.

“If I see you two fighting in front of my classroom again, you’ll get punished” the man had that scary look on his face. “And trust me when I say my punishments aren’t soft, I don’t really care if you are my best students” their professor threatened and then kept on walking. The two students stared at each other with burning glares until Belle dragged Changkyun to their next class, leaving Kihyun and Hyungwon there.

 

 

“So, you have Slughorn’s dinner tonight?” Hollie asked while they were doing their Transfiguration’s homework in their Common Room. The place was nearly empty at that hour considering students from other years didn’t have ‘free periods’. Having the Common Room in the Dungeons had a lot of advantages: they didn’t have to go upstairs after a tiring day and they couldn’t hear any noises from the outside world. Kihyun liked darkness and the green lights contributed to give the room a scary touch.

The Bloom sisters were in front of him, sitting on one of the big leather couches and he was on the other one. Hyungwon was taking his usual nap and there were two other students on the bigger table. Fergus - he was one of the two - kept on throwing paper balls at them using a simple spell with his wand while Leo - the other one - wrote. Kihyun moved his wand to protect them from the papers and made them vanish. That single action forced Fergus to stop since his attempts of bothering them weren’t working at all. The pink haired’s parchment was on his legs while he tried not to mess up - his calligraphy wasn’t so good -and, the moment Hollie asked the question, he got distracted and stained the paper. He tried not to get grumpy about it and smiled at Hollie. “Yes, I’ll eat a lot tonight” Kihyun replied to the previous question.

“Don’t you always eat a lot?” the two sisters said in unison to then hi-five messily, almost missing their hands and slapping their faces in the process. Fergus laughed loudly and Kihyun smirked before lifting his wand up.

“Silencio!” he yelled making the correct hand movement for the spell and leaving Fergus with his mouth shut. Leo giggled when Kihyun flashed them an arrogant smile. “That’s a spell you’ll never be able to do” his sassy comment made Fergus stand up. “Petrificus totalus” he pointed his wand at the raged student and the sisters laughed. “Oh, what a pity” Kihyun pretended he was sad. “You won’t be able to finish your homework” he made sniffing sounds. “Oh, wait! You don’t have any homework because you didn’t get any ‘E’ in your O.W.Ls” the sisters’ laughter became louder when they heard that comment and they both hugged Kihyun, even if he didn’t like it that much.

“That’s the reason we love you” Lucy pinched his cheeks and the pink haired chuckled. “You know, Kihyunnie” she went on when they both returned to the leather couch in front of Kihyun. “We realized something about you this week” the two of them shared knowing glances before Lucy spoke again. “You are specially attached to Changkyun this year, don’t you think?” she whispered not to be heard by Leo or Fergus - who was still on the floor because his best friend Leo was having too much fun watching him there to actually help him get rid of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter