Just tell him already!

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi!!

Finally getting somewhere, don't you think?? Hahaha

Enjoy!! <3

 

 

Kihyun never imagined Changkyun would be so famous around Hogwarts after hitting his head with a Bludger. After he was discharged from the Hospital, he hadn’t been able to walk comfortably around the Great Hall without students asking him questions about his head. The black haired looked uncomfortable to the point he had to cover his head to go to Potions class. Some of the students made fun of him, saying he wasn’t as good as they believed, and others were impressed because he managed to survive after the accident. Kihyun didn’t understand what was so interesting about that, he got so worried when he saw Changkyun falling from his broom and his head bleeding while they took him to the Hospital and he couldn’t imagine how people considered it cool. Professor Slughorn had been the whole class by the Ravenclaw boy’s side, checking if he was okay. The old man kept on repeating how he should have stayed in his Common Room resting and Changkyun seemed uncomfortable about that too.

When their Potions class ended, Belle, Jooheon, the Bloom sisters and Hyungwon headed to the Library. Robert threw them a look full of resentment and followed Trevor to the Gryffindor Common Room. Kihyun thought that guy was a prick; getting angry at a friend only because he started being friends with a person he didn’t like, how mature. The pink haired was trying his best not to start a fight with him. Every time their eyes met, Robert made an insulting gesture and he couldn’t allow that, he was Yoo Kihyun. But he let it go because he didn’t want to disappoint Changkyun - he felt whipped and stupid for that but he couldn’t help it when the other was being so soft around him since they left the Hospital -. “Hey” Kihyun tapped Changkyun’s shoulder while they went upstairs. The black haired turned to look at him with those gentle eyes and he tried hard not to blush. “Don’t you want to go rest? Hagrid will understand” he asked, knowing more students would annoy the Ravenclaw boy if he walked around the castle again.

“Oh, don’t worry, I’m fine” Changkyun grinned, directing his steps to the Grounds of Hogwarts. “I’m actually tired of resting... I don’t know if it makes sense” he added and Kihyun chuckled. “I’ve been sleeping for two days and I feel like a new man” he joked and the Slytherin student laughed.

“If you say so” Kihyun replied and kept on walking by his side. A bunch of students started pointing at Changkyun when they were almost outside the castle and the pink haired grabbed his hand to drag him faster. He didn’t want anyone annoying his companion and he hated gossip people. He dodged as many students as he could but, when they were finally reaching Hagrid’s Hut, a group of girls approached them.

“Are you okay?” they were from Hufflepuff and Kihyun never saw them before. Changkyun just nodded his head with confusion in his eyes. “We were so shocked when we saw you falling” she went on and Kihyun crossed his arms over his chest, impatiently moving his right leg. “And you helped him! We saw you trying to warn him” another one with long, brunette hair said and the Slytherin student sighed. ‘I’m so done with this’ he thought but tried to flash her a convincing smile. “Tell us if you need anything, we are Bryony’s friends” the first girl said and Changkyun nodded. Kihyun was annoyed at first but it was funny to see the Ravenclaw boy so uncomfortable around women. “Bye!” they all greeted at the same time and the two boys waved their hands awkwardly. Once they disappeared, Kihyun started laughing and Changkyun took a while to finally react.

“Why are you laughing? That was awkward” the black haired asked and the Slytherin boy took a deep breath to stop laughing.

“You should have seen your face” Kihyun giggled and Changkyun whined like a little kid.

“I should’ve known you were making fun of me” the black haired pouted. “You are a mean friend” he started walking without waiting for Kihyun and the latter followed him closely.

“Changkyun, come back!” the Slytherin boy couldn’t stop his laughter from coming out and Changkyun turned around to then giggle and wait for him. They walked side by side in silence until they finally reached their destiny. Hagrid was there, just like all of their classmates, and the former hugged Changkyun when he saw him. The Care of Magical Creatures professor had been worried about the student, just like Kihyun, and he was happy to see him. They started their class after Hagrid managed to stop crying and saying how he believed Changkyun would die after the Bludger hit his head. They headed to the Dark Forest to study some other creatures and Hagrid made them work together as always. They only had to take notes so they decided to sit on the floor. The trees’ shadow wasn’t so heavy there and a little bit of light entered the forest. Kihyun concentrated on the task but couldn’t help to throw Changkyun a few glances. The latter was extremely focused and the pink haired noticed he bit the insides of his cheeks while writing.

“Can I see?” the Ravenclaw student suddenly interrupted his thoughts and he nodded, exchanging parchments with him.

“We wrote the same” they said in unison and started giggling, returning their parchments to each other to keep on working. They worked in silence until the class ended - they got an ‘Outstanding’ in their redaction - and they headed back to the castle. Their hands were brushing from time to time and Kihyun started staring at them, wondering what it’d feel like to hold it while walking. The touch of Changkyun’s soft fingers felt so warm against his own and he still remembered how he squeezed his hand when they were at the Hospital. Kihyun lifted his gaze and found the black haired staring back at him. They both quickly turned to the scenery and they cleared their throats loudly - their hearts were beating fast inside their chests and they were both begging the other wouldn’t hear it -.

“You know” Changkyun spoke in his deep voice, trying to break the awkward atmosphere. “When we were in the Hospital last night, I realized something” he paused and Kihyun was so damn nervous but didn’t say a word, he just waited until he continued. ‘What did he realize? Please don’t say you realized I like you’ the pink haired’s heart was about to go out of his chest. It was beating so fast and loud he was even more scared the other would hear it. “Your bracelet is on your right wrist and mine is on my left wrist” Changkyun finally finished his sentence and Kihyun sighed in relieve, being able to breathe again. He hoped his sigh hadn’t been noticed by the Ravenclaw student but he felt too relieved to care. “And it’s funny because I’m left-handed and you are right-handed” he chuckled and Kihyun tried his best to laugh authentically.

“You are right” the Slytherin boy said, flashing him a toothless grin. ‘We could hold hands like that, you with your left hand and me with my right hand’ he thought but quickly shook his head, getting ashamed of his cheesy thoughts. Yoo Kihyun wasn’t like that, Yoo Kihyun was strong and didn’t fall so easily. “You pay a lot of attention to small details” they were reaching the castle’s entrance and the students were starting to turn around again. They were mumbling things and shamelessly pointing at the newcomers. Changkyun didn’t seem to notice, he was looking right into Kihyun’s eyes with a tiny smile resting on his features. “How did you realize it?” he asked, wishing to keep on talking so the black haired wouldn’t pay attention to his surroundings. Kihyun slowly guided the slightly younger male to the Grand Staircase and decided it would be good to go with him to his Common Room like he did after Slughorn’s Christmas party.

“I” Changkyun spoke hesitantly, pausing to contemplate what to say. Kihyun saw him blushing a deep shade of red and avoiding eye contact until he regained his confidence. “I realized it when we were holding hands” he said it so fast the pink haired barely caught it. He was a little deaf and it wasn’t easy to read Changkyun’s lips when he wasn’t modulating the words properly. “I saw the bracelet when your sweater’s sleeve lifted” his blush deepened - if that was even possible - and his gaze fell to the stairs below their feet.

“I see... you are very observant” Kihyun complimented, taking a deep breath to calm his heart because it was ridiculous how fast it was beating. “I didn’t even realize you were left-handed” they both laughed and their nerves faded a bit. It was funny how awkward they both were after that moment at the Hospital Wing. “Left-handed people are usually bad at writing and drawing” and there it was, ruin everything, Yoo Kihyun. Changkyun turned to look at him in disbelief, his expression told Kihyun he was somehow expecting a y comment. “That’s why I thought you were right-handed!” he yelled, quickly fixing it and earning a cute chuckle from his companion.

They didn’t take long to reach the Ravenclaw Common Room and Changkyun stopped abruptly. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t realize you had to head back to the Dungeons” the black haired apologized but Kihyun shook his head, muttering a soft ‘it’s fine’. “See you at dinner?” he asked and the Slytherin boy nodded. Changkyun was about to leave but suddenly stopped and reached for Kihyun’s right hand. He intertwined their fingers and lifted the sleeves of their black robes, revealing their matching bracelets. “Maybe they are a lucky charm when they are together” that was the cheesiest thing Kihyun heard from Changkyun, and the guy was extremely sappy. ‘Does he maybe like me back?’ he thought, staring at him with a confused expression on his face. The wooden door without a doorknob was behind Changkyun’s back and he became nervous when he saw it slowly opening.

“Maybe!” Kihyun yelled and slipped his hand away from Changkyun’s soft one. “I have to go, see you around!” he added and quickly left, not turning back.

 

Changkyun stared at him, extremely confused. Did he say something wrong? Maybe he was being too much but he seriously wanted Kihyun to know he liked him. The Ravenclaw student was still recalling their moment back at the Hospital and he couldn’t forget how those fingers felt around his own. He wished to hold hands again so he didn’t hesitate when he did it seconds ago and he didn’t regret it, even if the Slytherin boy left. “Changkyun?” someone called his name and he immediately recognized Alana’s voice. ‘She’s going to kick me out of the team’ he panicked because he totally forgot about his Quidditch captain’s threat. Changkyun turned around and bowed, greeting her nicely and trying to accept his defeat. It was all his fault and he needed to face it. “How are you feeling? I couldn’t talk to you at lunch because you were surrounded by people” she didn’t seem angry though maybe it was all Changkyun’s imagination.

“I’m fine, thanks” the black haired answered in fear and waited for the worst.

“I’m glad” she spoke again and smiled. “I just wanted to tell you I overreacted and you aren’t out of the team” Changkyun’s face lightened up after hearing that and he impulsively hugged Alana.

“Thank you! I’m sorry about what happened! I’ll do my best from now on” the Ravenclaw boy grinned happily and Alana chuckled.

“You better” she said and left, disappearing from his sight. Changkyun didn’t waste time and entered his Common Room, going to his dormitory to search for some things and finish his homework. His mind was roaming around his different thoughts and bringing Kihyun up every time it could. After that Hospital encounter, he would make sure to be obvious about what he felt for him. He was almost certain Kihyun felt the same way but was too hardheaded to accept it.

 

 

 

Changkyun felt like a new student after the accident. All eyes were on him and he could hear the mumbling. He didn’t understand the reason of their interest but he hoped they forgot about it soon because it was extremely annoying. The black haired couldn’t walk around the castle without being stopped by a group of students or being suddenly attacked verbally about how bad of a Quidditch player he was. That morning, Alana almost started Duelling during breakfast because a Slytherin boy was making fun of her. Thankfully - and surprisingly -, Kihyun appeared out of nowhere and complimented Alana about Ravenclaw’s performance at the match, making the other boy apologize and leave. Everyone feared Kihyun; Changkyun knew it since second year and it was a good thing in some situations. The Ravenclaw boy was never a leader, he didn’t have it in his personality, and that was the main reason everyone thought they could treat him as they pleased.

After breakfast, they headed to the Greenhouse for their Herbology class and, before he could reach the castle’s entrance, someone grabbed his wrist. ‘Bloody hell, what now?’ he thought, turning around with an exhausted expression on his face. He was glad to see Alana instead of a random student there and he sighed in relieve. Belle and Jooheon waited for him holding hands in the middle of the Entrance Hall. “Kihyun is being so nice lately, what did you do to him?” Alana asked and he was so startled he didn’t know how to answer.

“I d-didn’t do anything” Changkyun said and saw Belle and Jooheon - surprisingly - staring at him with a knowing smile. “Why do you think it was me who changed Kihyun?” he curiously asked because he didn’t recall Alana seeing them together before; not even in their classes since the girl was older than them.

“I don’t know, he was so worried when you hit your head and then he started being nice” Alana replied. “I was just wondering how you did it” the Quidditch captain rested her hand on Changkyun’s shoulder and smiled. “Keep up your good work” she finished talking and started walking to her first class of the day, leaving the black haired in a confused state that made him unable to move from his spot. Before he could turn around, someone used Levicorpus on him and he cursed until he saw Kihyun laughing at him. All of his books landed on the floor but the latter’s gorgeous smile - and his eyes looking like two crescent moons - made him forget about Alana’s questions and he started laughing too. He then used the counter-spell and fell back to the ground safely using Arresto Momentum nonverbally.

“Welcome to the old times” Kihyun said once they both managed to pick Changkyun’s books up. “I’m sorry, you had a funny expression on your face and you were distracted so I thought it was a good opportunity to attack” he explained, even if he didn’t have to.

“It’s fine” the black haired grinned. “Don’t lower your guard tho” he whispered and Kihyun chuckled. All of their friends were staring at them and smiling at each other knowingly but they pretended to be talking when they finally decided to keep on going. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter