Our home

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone! You are surely wondering what this update is about since this story is already finished, and I promised I wouldn't upload anything else... but I wrote this some time ago and reread it recently, and I decided I wanted to give this story (that means so much to me) a proper closure <3

I hope you enjoy this final (for real) chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!
And later, when I find the time, I'll correct the whole story and reupdate it for you to have better grammar, and better quality <3

Thanks for all the support you've always given me <3<3
Reading your comments makes me so happy, you have no idea *crying emoji*

THANK YOU <3
Enjoy!!

 

 

 

“Kihyun, can you help me with something?” Kihyun’s father spoke in his low voice and made his son stop on his tracks. Changkyun stared at him with a questioning look on his face. Kihyun knew they were supposed to go watch some houses together after work, but his father didn’t even suspect he was planning to move out and he couldn’t say no. The Ministry of Magic was almost deserted, only a few wizards kept on running from one side to the other with their long cloaks brushing the shiny floor slightly. Changkyun stood there, waiting for Kihyun to say something and maybe hoping his boyfriend would gently deny his father’s petition.

“Yes, father. I’ll be there in a minute” he finally answered, earning a glare from the younger man. “Hey, you know I have to do it” the ex Slytherin student simply said, making his boyfriend whine.

“But we had a date! I’ll have to call our estate agent and tell her we won’t make it” Changkyun complained and Kihyun quickly covered his mouth. He was speaking loudly as his father was in his office, which was near the dark corridor.

“Don’t cancel! You can go now and then I’ll join you! I’m sure my father won’t take long” Kihyun assured with a smile on his face, even though he wasn’t sure what his father wanted. Maybe he would ask him to do paperwork, but there was also a possibility he wished to take his son out on a mission, and that would be a problem. Kihyun was tired. He had to admit he didn’t feel like helping his dad, but Changkyun was acting like a whiny kid. The ex Slytherin student wouldn’t miss their appointment, he would just arrive a bit late... nothing to worry about.

“Fine” his boyfriend said, turning around to start walking away. Kihyun sighed, watching him as his dark blue cloak moved around the air due to the speed of his walk. Changkyun was mad at him, he knew it after 9 years of being together. He would surely ignore him for a few hours and then start kissing him slowly, trying to gain his attention to show how sorry he was. Kihyun had always found that amusing. Changkyun felt guilty after getting angry at him, and he was always the one to apologize. The ex Slytherin student had tried several times to ask for forgiveness himself, but it was in vain, he just needed to wait until his love calmed down and thought about how silly the reason of his anger was.

“Kihyun, hurry up. We don’t want to stay all night, do we?” his father told him, making him sigh once again. There was a mission, he knew for sure now. Kihyun hoped it wasn’t a group of wizards who committed some crime, he hoped it was just one miserable wizard trying to escape from the law. The ex Slytherin student followed his dad around the Ministry of Magic and they headed to the elevator in silence. The elder man touched a button and the lift moved around. It went to one side, backwards, to the other, and Kihyun was so immersed in his thoughts he didn’t hear his father talking to him. “Kihyun, I’m talking to you” the man said, making him blink in confusion. He was too busy thinking about his life lately; about how he would do to trick his parents when he moved out of his house. Months earlier, they had been lying on Changkyun’s bed completely after one of their passionate nights, and his boyfriend snapped, saying they should be living together by then. Kihyun thought he was right, hiding from their parents was hard after nine years, and they couldn’t keep it going that way. So they both decided it was time they did something about it, and started searching for a house in London. They loved the city and it would be good to live in a Muggle neighborhood. Kihyun liked it better than his wizard neighborhood, but he knew his dad would have a heart attack when he found out. It was a scary scenario, and Kihyun had been planning how to tell him for weeks now.

“I’m sorry, I was distracted” the younger answered, turning to look at the man standing next to him. His once dark hair was slowly losing its color and turning gray, and Kihyun realized time went by incredibly fast. When he was in his last year of school, his father’s locks were still completely black.

“I was telling you I’m glad we got rid of that friend of yours” the elder repeated the words Kihyun had missed and he tried his best not to show his true emotions. “He’s all day long with us, it’s concerning” he added, getting out of the elevator once it stopped. “I like his father but I think he’s trying to be better than you and I don’t like that, Kihyun” the man kept on telling him things he didn’t want to hear; things which weren’t true. Changkyun trying to be better than him... ‘ha... that’s ridiculous’ he thought, recalling how even in their old fights, Changkyun didn’t care who was better. “Your mother and I are concerned. We think you should stop hanging out with him after work” the ex Slytherin student confirmed his suspicions about his parents discussing about his personal life, and he felt nauseous. Why did they care that much? He earned good money, he took care of himself, and he was one of the best Aurors in the whole Ministry of Magic. “It’s not healthy, son. Even if he’s not a bad person, you seem like Siamese twins joined by the hip” he said and Kihyun sighed.

“Father” the younger interrupted his father, feeling tired enough to be hearing those comments after 10 hours of work. “We’ve had this conversation before. I spend time with Changkyun because we are both good at what we do, and I enjoy his company” he omitted some details as always.

“But Kihyun, it’s been nine years, aren’t you tired of him already?” the elder asked and Kihyun shook his head. He would never get tired of his dorky boyfriend. If anything, he fell more and more for him each day.

“Can we not talk about this right now?” Kihyun begged and his father agreed. He dragged him to the Floo Network and they both traveled through one of the fireplaces, shining in a strong green colour. The mission his father had in mind was easy, thankfully. He didn’t take as long as he thought he would. So, when he finally went out of the Ministry of Magic - for the umpteenth time that day - he took his phone from his pocket to send a message to Changkyun. He wanted to know the exact location he was in, so he could apparate right next to him.

The moment he received the answer - a extremely vague combination of words to show he was still mad -, he disappeared from the street he was in and apparated right next to his boyfriend, who got startled. “Bloody hell” he muttered under his breath, touching his chest in order to calm his raced heart. Changkyun was dressed in his favorite jeans and a soft sweater, leading Kihyun to realize he was still in his work clothes. His dark green cloak looked fancy but very strange for Muggles, and he palmed his face mentally when their estate agent entered the room they were in. “Kihyun! You are here” she smiled, shaking his hand politely. “I didn’t hear you enter” she frowned in confusion.

“I let him in” Changkyun lied, stealthily glaring at him. Kihyun knew he had been careless, though he was tired and his brain wasn’t working properly anymore. He should have returned home first and changed clothes, but he would have taken long, and he would have probably missed the open houses. If that had been the case, Changkyun wouldn’t have talked to him for a week.

“Oh, I see” she replied. “Such elegant clothes! Were you at a party?” the woman asked and Kihyun nodded. “Well, follow me” she commanded and started showing the couple around. The house was cozy and not too big, like they specifically asked for. “This is the main bedroom...” she kept on talking while entering the different spaces, but Kihyun wasn’t paying attention. The latter softly slid his hand through Changkyun’s, intertwining their fingers and squeezing lightly. The younger wasn’t looking at him, though Kihyun knew his anger would soon be gone.

“I can’t believe you” Changkyun whispered, not even turning his head in his boyfriend’s direction. “You show up an hour late still wearing your cloak...” he kept on going, letting everything out in grumpy whispers. Kihyun just listened, wishing nothing more than to be with him. He didn’t care if he was spitting fire, he felt like hugging him and kissing him. So he didn’t waste time and pecked his cheek to then rest his head on his shoulder, shutting him up. Changkyun forgot what he was saying after the kiss and let out a long sigh. “I love you... I’m sorry” he apologized as Kihyun expected, gently kissing his hair. “I know I pretend not to care, but I’m having a hard time lately” he confessed in a whisper, stopping on his tracks every time their estate agent did.

“I know, me too” the elder said. He was suffering too, but he wanted to forget about it for a while. “Can we enjoy this?” he asked and Changkyun nodded, finally smiling toothlessly. “Thank you” Kihyun muttered, and focused on the house they were touring.

“So? What do you think?” their agent grinned, hoping they would say yes. They had been looking for a house for a month already and the woman was growing impatient. The couple wanted to feel attached to it, and they hadn’t been lucky yet.

“It’s nice” Kihyun replied, taking one last look around.

“But?” she said and it was Changkyun’s turn to answer.

“But it’s not... it’s not the one” he made the estate agent’s smile fade a little, but she didn’t lose hope.

“I have one last house to show you today” she quickly escorted them out of the place. “Follow me, is not far from here” they walked two blocks and stopped in front of a white house with a lovely front garden and a bow window by one side. The roof was pointy at one part and the rest was flat and it seemed to be very bright inside. Kihyun was sure the sunlight entered through those windows and he liked the view it had from the outside. “What do you think? It’s bigger than the rest we’ve seen so far... but I guess you’ll like it better” their estate agent grinned and opened the main door, guiding them into the house.

The place had two bathrooms - one in the main bedroom and one downstairs - a kitchen, a dinning room, a living room, two bedrooms and a tiny backyard. It was perfect and Kihyun had already decided it was their home. He wasn’t sure about Changkyun’s thoughts, but he seemed happy as well. They had saved a lot of money and they exchanged it recently into Muggle bills. “So?” the woman guided them back to the living room - which had the gorgeous bow window Kihyun loved so much -, and waited for an answer.

Kihyun looked at Changkyun and they both smiled at each other, knowing they had the same thoughts about it. “It’s perfect” the younger of the two said, making the woman happy. “We take it!” he exclaimed, squeezing Kihyun’s hand in happiness.

“That’s brilliant! I’ll start the paperwork” she was excited. “I’ll talk to the owners and I’ll call you when I have everything ready for you to sign” she smiled, escorting them to the exit. “Have a good night” she said and the couple greeted her, disappearing together when they were far enough, hidden by some trees.

When they apparated at Changkyun’s place, James almost dropped his cup of tea. He still got startled sometimes and it was funny. “Could you stop that? I nearly got a heart attack” James spoke, slowly sitting on the couch and leaving his cup on the coffee table.

“We are sorry, James” Changkyun apologized. “We found our house!” the younger yelled and his brother stood up to hug them both.

“Congratulations, boys!” James parted from them with a huge grin resting on his features. “Are you planning to tell dad?” he asked and Changkyun turned to look at Kihyun. “It’s fine, no pressure” the elder patted his brother’s back. “Mom’s in the kitchen, you can tell her” James told them and they went to the other room to do so. The woman was so happy she made them a special dessert, and it got Changkyun’s father confused. Kihyun thought it was so unfair they weren’t telling him anything. The eldest man was very nice, the ex Slytherin student got to know him better when they started working at the Ministry of Magic and he was nothing like his own father. Changkyun had told him he didn’t talk much, but it wasn’t entirely true. The man talked a lot, though he didn’t say important things most of the time. Maybe that was the reason he ‘forgot’ to mention some details when Changkyun was younger. But him being nice and funny wasn’t enough. The problem of him knowing the truth about them was that he would probably tell Kihyun’s dad about it, since they were such good friends.

“What’s the special occasion?” his father in law asked and Changkyun’s mom turned to look at them, seeking for help. “Have you found a girlfriend, James? Are you finally getting married?” the man said, making them laugh a little. He was joking, of course, but he was truly curious.

“I’m not getting married, dad. You know I don’t approve marriage” James replied, even if he was aware of his father’s words being a joke. “I’ve been dating several times, I just don’t bring them home because they are nothing official” he said and his father sighed.

“At least tell me you found a girlfriend” the elder glanced at Changkyun and the latter got nervous.

“Dad” the young Auror started, intertwining his fingers with Kihyun’s under the table to assure him he wouldn’t say anything about their relationship. “I haven’t found a girlfriend but... I’m moving out of the house” he confessed and the man’s jaw dropped. Kihyun couldn’t help to chuckle. Changkyun’s father seemed happy about the news.

“Are you serious, son?” he asked wide-eyed. Changkyun nodded as an answer and his father stood up to hug him. “I love you, Changkyun” the man said, making the younger laugh. “You should follow his steps” he told James while walking back to his seat. “I’m tired of having you two here. I cannot have alone time with your mother anymor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter