Learning to skate

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ah... I hope this is enough haha

Thank you for all the support and the beautiful comments :)

Enjoy!! <3

 

 

After they left Hogwarts, Kihyun had been doing nothing inside his house. His parents were busy all day long and he didn’t feel like seeing his cousins. He used his time to send letters to his boyfriend and play with his bracelet while he read a book or practiced some spells with his magical target. His father’s owl was always by his side, bringing him Changkyun’s letters and taking his to the latter’s house. He never thought he would be so eager to return to Hogwarts but, there he was, recalling his school year once again while he watched some TV - his parents refused to buy a TV at first because it was a Muggle artefact but he insisted so much they finally did it -. The place was empty and dark but he didn’t have the strength to turn on the lights. Kihyun grabbed Changkyun’s last letter and reread it, smiling at the little drawing of them playing Quidditch he made. The blonde was quite talented, not as much as Hoseok, but he could surely draw properly. The two tiny boys on their brooms flew around the parchment trying to catch the Snitch and the pink haired felt the strong need of leaving his house and go visit Changkyun.

Even if they promised they would see each other those days, Kihyun’s parents weren’t around and he couldn’t ask them for permission. He knew his mother would get mad if he went to someone else’s house without telling them but his mind couldn’t stop planning a way to escape. ‘I could use my broom...’ he thought, turning his head to the side to stare at his broomstick. His big dormitory was dark, except for the light the TV emanated, which was throwing colors at his belongings. Kihyun stayed still for a few minutes, spacing out while looking at his broom hanging from the wall. He was starting to get hungry; his stomach was growling loudly and he decided it was time to make himself some dinner. Kihyun stood up, turning his TV off and leaving the entire house in complete darkness except for the moonlight entering the large windows. He walked slowly and got a big jump-scare when his cat passed in between his legs running. He knew his house by heart and he didn’t need any light but he considered it after his cat almost gave him a heart attack. He the kitchen’s lights when he reached it and he started opening the shelves to decide what to eat.

Before he started cooking - with magic of course -, his father arrived, looking extremely tired. Kihyun wondered why his mother wasn’t there yet but maybe she got stuck in the Ministry of Magic. It wasn’t that late but his mom usually appeared first and started complaining about his father. “Good night, son” the man walked into the kitchen and patted Kihyun’s head. “Where you about to cook?” he asked and the Slytherin student nodded. “Your mother told me she’ll be here in a few minutes, we could have dinner together” the man said and, after Kihyun nodded and started cooking, he left to his dormitory to change clothes.

Later that night, the three of them were eating quietly and the pink haired was nervous. He wanted to ask them but it would be something weird considering he never went to visit anyone, just the Bloom sisters, Hyungwon and his cousins. “Mom, dad” he called and the two lifted their gazes at the same time, waiting for him to talk again. “A friend invited me to his house tomorrow... can I go?” he asked, trying not to show his nerves.

“I depends” his mother replied first. “Who is it?” she asked, eating more of the food Kihyun cooked minutes ago.

“His name is Changkyun, he’s from Ravenclaw” the pink haired hoped his father quickly realized who he was talking about. “He’s Mr. Im’s son... we became friends this year and he’s a good person” he added details when his mother raised a brow at him.

“Oh, yes” his father finally spoke, helping him relax a little. “I’ve never met his kid but he told me he’s brilliant” the man seemed convinced already and Kihyun was feeling more confident each second. “He lives in a Muggle neighborhood though... I don’t know if I like the idea of you going there” he added and the pink haired unconsciously pouted. He wanted to see his boyfriend and he didn’t feel like inviting him over because they wouldn’t be able to have fun. He knew his father would ask for a free day only to control them because he was always curious what kind of people his son hanged out with.

“Dad, I’m not going to turn into a Muggle for visiting my friend” Kihyun insisted because giving up wasn’t an option, he needed to see Changkyun before he went crazy. “Please” he begged, hoping that helped. “He’s not Muggle born, he’s half-blood”

“I know he’s half-blood but I’m worried about his mother... she’s a Muggle” his father had always hated Muggles and Kihyun knew he wouldn’t change his mind about that. The Slytherin student didn’t know what else to say so he remained silent, eating from his plate and considering the idea of inviting Changkyun over instead. He wouldn’t miss the opportunity, even if things didn’t go as he planned. “Fine, you can go” his father suddenly talked, surprising him big time. Kihyun widened his eyes but then grinned happily.

“Thank you, dad” the pink haired felt the need to hug his father but the elder didn’t like human contact so he stayed still. “I’ll be back for dinner” he assured and his father nodded.

“Are you going there for lunch?” it was his mother’s turn to ask questions.

“Yes... his mother wanted to cook something for me” Kihyun replied after eating some more from his plate.

“I’ll send a Ministry car to take you there” his father told him but he didn’t want to, that would be embarrassing. Kihyun protested but the elder man wouldn’t let him speak. “If you don’t want to, stay here” he said and the pink haired sighed.

“Fine, a Ministry car it’s okay” the Slytherin boy shut up after that, eating in silence and feeling happy about the fact that he would be able to see his boyfriend after a week of nothing.

 

 

When Kihyun arrived to Changkyun’s house, his heart was beating so fast he believed it would jump out of his chest. The Ministry car was an exaggeration and he hoped Changkyun’s father wasn’t at home that late morning because he would feel embarrassed. The pink haired stepped out of the vehicle, greeting his father’s friend from the Ministry of Magic, and started walking slowly to the house’s entrance. The place wasn’t as big as his own house but Kihyun felt it incredibly warm and cozy already. He didn’t need to get in to realize it; his own house felt cold, even from the outside. He hesitantly raised his hand and, when he was about to knock on the door, it opened. Changkyun’s face appeared behind the wooden door and he hugged Kihyun tightly, pecking his cheek as a greeting. “I missed you” he whispered and the pink haired grinned.

“I missed you too” Kihyun softly said. “I felt so lonely this week” he sighed.

“Me too” Changkyun hugged him one last time and intertwined their fingers to drag him inside. The walls of the place were painted in a beige color and every piece of furniture had warm colors. Kihyun had never been into a Muggle house before. He stared at everything curiously and he couldn’t help to go closer to a wooden table where they had all kind of family pictures. Kihyun smiled, lifting a frame where Changkyun was a little kid and was holding his mother’s hand. “Oh, don’t look at that” the blonde was blushing and he tried to take the picture away from his boyfriend’s hand.

“Why not? You were so little” Kihyun pinched Changkyun’s cheeks - making him giggle cutely - after leaving the photograph on its previous spot. “I love your house” he complimented and the Ravenclaw boy chuckled.

“Oh, come on, you must have a mansion or something” Changkyun said and Kihyun laughed.

“I don’t have a mansion and I like your house better” he confessed and his boyfriend smiled.

“Thank you, then” Changkyun squeezed his hand and dragged him to the kitchen room where his mom was already cooking lunch. The woman turned around when she heard steps behind her and she grinned brightly, shaking Kihyun’s hand. The boy was surprised because she didn’t look Korean, she was purely European, but he knew Changkyun’s father and the man looked a lot like Changkyun.

“Hello! I’m Changkyun’s mom, nice to meet you” she politely said and Kihyun smiled at her.

“I’m Yoo Kihyun, Changkyun’s classmate. It’s nice meeting you too, Mrs. Im” Kihyun replied and his nerves were already gone because the woman seemed so nice. Belle was right when she said Changkyun’s mom was an angel and the pink haired discovered where Changkyun got his personality from. The Ravenclaw boy’s father seemed a bit more like his own father, a cold workaholic.

“What a nice hair color you have there” Changkyun’s mother said, touching Kihyun’s forehead locks. “I was surprised when I saw Changkyunnie’s blond hair but now I understand it’s a trend” she smiled and Kihyun chuckled when he saw his boyfriend palming his face in embarrassment. “You are from Slytherin, right?” the woman asked and Kihyun nodded in response. “It’s the first time he brings a Slytherin here” she explained while she checked on the food. “I don’t understand the rivalry thing but Changkyun used to tell me he didn’t like Slytherin at all” she talked a lot and the pink haired liked it because he was sure he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter