CHAPTER 8

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Jinyoung POV

As I suspected, things did go awkward between Mark and I…again. I tried talking to him a few time but every time I did, the timing wasn’t right.

“Mark can I talk to you?” I said two days after the incident. I hated the awkwardness between us and I need to do something about it.

“Um…sure…”

Before I could say anything, Hani noona came and drag him away with.

“I need to borrow Mark for a while ok?”

“But noona…I need to talk to him…”

“You can do that later…c’mon baby boy…” Hani noona pulled Mark’s arm towards the work room at the back.

There goes my chance. And him avoiding me is one thing…I know he felt embarrassed about what happened.

Mark POV

I know I’m being childish for avoiding Jinyoung but I didn’t know what to say to him. Should I apologies for hitting on him? But I didn’t know he was Jenny.

I was coming back from the printers department when I heard the girls talking. I just stood at the door when Jinyoung’s name came out.

“But Jinyoung oppa looked so convincing as a girl…I mean…with all the makeup, he does look a little feminine…” Jihyo said as she sat at the edge of Momo’s desk.

“I know right? It’s really fascinating how womanly he looked with that get up at the club that night…guys hitting on him left and right…” Momo shook her head.

“Yeah…and when Nayeon unnie and I went to the dance floor…I saw this one guy dancing with him…you should’ve seen it…I’m a girl but I gotta admit that was hot!”

“Damn I missed that!” Jungyeon said. “What I would do to see that!”

“I didn’t have a good look at the guy but I know he was into Jinyoung oppa…”

“Hey, Jenny was convincing after all…”

“Can we please stop talking about that night I still have nightmares because of it…”

I heard Jinyoung’s voice.

“C’mon oppa…admit it, you liked being Jenny…otherwise you won’t agree to Jackson’s request…” Jungyeon winked.

“I did that because he was desperate and he was my best friend…can’t you girls just forget about it?”

“Nope…can’t do that…”

I walked in and my eyes met Jinyoung.

“Mark oppa…you gotta hear this…” Jihyo came running towards me.

Oh boy…

Jinyoung POV

“Jinyoung…Park Jinyoung…”

I looked up and saw Mr. Kim was staring at me and all eyes were on me, including Mark.

“Um...yes?” I blinked. My mind was roaming around for a while I guess.

“I was asking about the interview with Lee Min Jung…”

“Oh…I’ve already contacted her manager about it…and they said she have a few free slots this week…” I said trying to save my …luckily I was all prepared for it.

“Good…post me the update on that…”

“Yes sir…”

“And since we all have discussed about this month’s release, I think we’re in a good path…” Mr. Kim said, closing his planner. “Don’t forget the due date…and Jackson, please don’t be late on your submission…”

“Yes sir!”

“Meeting dismissed…”

I stayed behind as everyone leaving the meeting room.

“Hey…you ok?” Nayeon sat next to me.

“Not really…”

“Wanna talk about it?”

“Not now…I need to figure this out on my own…”

“If you say so…you know you can tell me anything right?” she patted my arm.

“I know bunny…thanks...”

My eyes followed Mark as he walked out. I really need to straight everything up with him. it’s now or never.

Mark POV

I didn’t know what to do…I can’t believe I hit on a guy…but then again, Jinyoung was very convincing being a girl that night. I was alone in the printer room when I heard somebody walked in. I turned around and saw Jinyoung leaning against the closed door.

“Look, can we talk? I hate how awkward we’ve become ever since that night at the party…” he said staring at me.

“I…I dunno what to say…” I really don’t.

“I’ll explain everything…from my point of view…not from the girls. That night at the club, I lost a bet with Momo and I cross dressed as the punishments…remember when you asked me if I ever had lost a bet with Momo?”

I nodded.

“That was the only time…and at that party, Jackson made me do it…he had me dressed up pretending to be his girlfriend since he had to bring a date and that jerk left me as soon as he hooked up with a girl…a real girl.”

He walked closer towards me…I could feel my heart beating faster. I saw the look on his face and he was kind of apologetic for some reason.

“I never cross dressed for fun because I’m 100% guy…that likes other guy…”

“It’s never about you being gay…” it never was…I just can’t belief that did those things to him that night…and for some strange reasons, they kept replaying in my mind right this very moment.

“I’m glad…I really like being friends with you Mark…”

“Me too…I’m sorry for acting up the way I did…” I realized that I had to let go things so we could move on…I kinda missed our conversation.

“So, are we cool?”

“We’re cool…”

He extended his hand for a shake and I gladly took it. I saw him smiling.

“And for the record…you looked great as a woman…” it was my genuine compliment. He did look great.

“Thanks…don’t expect me to be one any time soon…”Jinyoung smiled as he walked out. He stopped at the door and turned back. “We’re cool right?”

“Yes Jinyoung…we’re cool…”

Somehow I was relieved…looks like things gonna be normal again…I like Jinyoung…in a friendly kinda way of course. He’s nice and he did help me a lot with my work here.

Jinyoung POV

“So, anything interesting happened in the printer room?” Nayeon asked when I got back to my seat. I looked at her and she got this evil smirk plastered on her face.

“We just talked…I explained everything to him and now we’re cool…”

“Are you sure you just talked with him?”

“Yes Nayeon…we just talked…like an adult…”

“Well, I thought you bend him over the machine and him senseless…its one of your fantasies right?” She winked.

“Im Nayeon! Can you just shut up?” luckily there’s no one close to us to hear. This girl could be the death of me.

“What? It’s the truth right?” she looked at me as if she said nothing wrong…technically she’s not wrong…

“With a willing partner if you must know…and last time I checked, he’s straight.”

“That doesn’t stop you from crushing on him…”

“He’s a fine man bunny…any men or women would be when he looked like that…”

As if it was on cue, Mark walked out of the printer room with his sleeves rolled up to his elbow, looking dapper as ever.

“Damn…” we both said in unison as our eyes fixed on Mark, watching him walking towards Mr. Kim’s office.

*********************************************

Mark POV

It’s been 3 months since I started working at the magazine and I’ve loved every bit of it. A few of my ideas made into the publication and it made me swell with pride every time I saw it.

"Congrats oppa…the bulletin board is filled with compliments on your latest work…” Jungyeon said as she past my desk.

“Thanks…hey, you helped me with that…”

“I know…” she smiled and we fist bumped.

Then…

“I’m back…” Jinyoung walked into the office.

“How’s the shoot?” I asked when he sat at his seat, looking tired.

“Terrible…”

“What happened?” Hani noona asked.

“The model was late, when she finally arrived, she was the biggest diva I’ve seen in a while…requesting so many things…”

“She’s a then…” Momo chipped.

“Yup! And turned out she was just a rookie…that won some modeling contest recently…urghh…” he frowned.

“That bad huh?” I looked at him.

“Luckily it was me at the site…if it’s Mr. Kim, that girl would’ve been sent back to her agency…” Jinyoung leaned against his chair.

Jinyoung and I became close friends…he even hangout with me and Jaebum sometimes. He helped me a lot and I was comfortable with him. He exudes confidence and charisma, and when in his working mode, nothing could stop him.

It’s pretty late in the evening, everyone was practically gone home and I’m still stuck at the office trying to finish up my work.

“Need help?” Jinyoung asked. He must’ve seen my frowns from a mile away.

“I could use some…”

He got up and came to my desk.

“What’s the deal?”

“I’m trying to choose the best picture for my section and it seems like I couldn’t pick one…my head is hurting…” I said, rotating my screen towards him.

“Let see…” he said, leaning forward looking at my computer screen next to me.

I realized that we’re huddling so close and I could even smell the perfume he was wearing. I glanced and his face was inches away from mine. Why did my heart beating faster? This has never happened before to me. His jawline…full lips…why am I thinking about his lips?

“Here’s my opinion…”

His voice burst my bubble of thought. Thank goodness.

“I think this suits your article the best…the composition is good…the background give a little natural look and it complements the whole thing…”

“You...you…you think so?” and why the hell am I stuttering? I don’t have any speech problems before.

“Yeah…compared to the others…”

“Okay…thanks…” focus Mark Tuan!

“No problem…”

What’s happening to me?

 

I have to update since I've just finished writing anther chapter...I hope that's okay with you guys...hehehe

So something stirred inside of Mark...what will happen then? Stay tuned for the next update!!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!