CHAPTER 22

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Jinyoung POV

The sound of my phone vibrating against the side table woke me up from my sleep. I looked at the wall clock and it’s already 7am...quite early for me actually. I grabbed my phone and saw a new text came in.

From: Sungjinnie

Good morning sunshine…I woke up and you were the first thing on my mind…XOXOX

He can be so cheesy with his words. I got up and went straight to the bathroom, getting ready for work. After a quick shower and dressing up in my usual outfit, I went out and the smell of freshly brewed coffee filled my nose.

“Good morning…” Junho hyung greeted me in his boxers…again.

“Geez hyung…I feel like I’m in college all over again with you looking like this…” I said, taking a mug of coffee from him.

“At least I wear something…”

“Thank god for that…”

“Well, well…someone in a good mood…” he winked.

“Woke up at the right side of the bed…that’s all…”

“Yeah right…”

“Anyway, thanks for the coffee hyung…I’ll see you later…”

“Careful kiddo…”

“Nae…”

Late afternoon…

I was busy looking at my material for the next issue when Momo came to my desk.

“Hey gorgeous…” she said, sitting at the edge of my desk.

“What do you want Hirai?”

“The committee of the ball this weekend needs to know if you’re bringing any date this year…”

“Me?”

“Yeah…since you’re gonna be sitting with Mr. Kim at the special table they need to know so they could reserve another seat…or not…”

“I’ll let you know about that later okay?”

“Okay…” she walked away.

I took out my phone and texted Sungjin.

To: Sungjinnie

Hey…I have an event this coming Saturday…wanna be my date? >_<

A few seconds later, I received a reply from him.

From: Sungjinnie

I’d love to…should I bring a boutonnière or wrist corsage? Kekeke

His sense of humor did amaze me.

Mark POV

I saw Jinyoung smiled as he was on his phone and it’s the first time I saw him that way.

“What about you Mark? Any date for the ball?” Hani noona asked me.

“Nope…riding solo…”

“Oh really? Then what happened to the girl I saw you with last time?” she frowned.

“It’s not gonna happen…”

“Well baby boy, there a lot of fishes out in the sea…the right one might just come when you least expected…” she patted my shoulder and went to her desk.

“Yo Hirai!” Jinyoung called for Momo.

“So what’s the verdict?” she asked.

“I’m bringing a date with me…”

“Cool…I’ll let them know then…”

Jinyoung has a date?

“Well, well…someone has a date…” Jackson grinning at Jinyoung, walking towards him.

“Shut up Jacks…”

“I knew you gonna hit it off with him…congrats dude…”

“I’m finally gonna meet this guy…I can’t wait!” Nayeon squealed.

“Please don’t do anything embarrassing…otherwise I would drag him out of the ball and never return…”

“Ohh…such a possessive boyfriends…I like…” she winked.

“Shut up bunny!”

I looked over and our eyes met again. Jinyoung just smiled and looked away, turning his attention towards his friends. I need to do something about it.

Jinyoung POV

I was kinda nervous for tonight’s event…being at the ball with Sungjin could be a turning point in my love life…now that I’m over Mark…I think. Anyway, I’m planning to have fun tonight and try not to think about other things. I was getting ready when I heard the doorbell rings.

“It’s okay…I’ll get it…” Junho hyung said.

I walked outside and saw Sungjin walking in.

“Hi…” I said.

“Hi…”

“Um…this is my brother…Junho hyung…Junho hyung, this is Sungjin, my date tonight…”

The two men shook hands.

“Can I get you something to drink?” I offered.

“It’s okay…” Sungjin declined. “Nice place by the way…”

“Thanks…just chill here…I’ll be ready in a bit…”

“Sure…take your time…”

I went back to my room and scrambled for my necktie. I was almost done when Junho hyung walked in.

“That was your date?” he asked.

“Yeah…what do you think?”

“Honestly?”
I looked at him and saw his expression…it’s something that I’ve never seen before.

“Hyung…”

“I dunno…I kept getting this bad vibe from him…”

“It’s just your mind hyung…Sungjin is a great guy…”

“Are you sure? You know that I’m always right about these things…” he said with a serious tone in his voice.

“Well, I’m gonna prove you wrong then…how do I look?”

“Great…”

Sungjin and I left my place with his car.

“Is he really your brother? You don’t exactly look alike…at all…” Sungjin said.

“Well…he’s like my older brother; although we’re not blood related…I’ve known him since we were kids…”

“Ohh…glad to hear that…” he smiled.

We arrived at the hotel half an hour later and people from the publishing house already filled the grand ballroom area. I introduced Sungjin to the rest of the crew and they happily accepted him.

“Nice catch Nyoung…he’s hot!” Nayeon nudged my side.

“Well, thanks to me…” Jackson smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Yea, yea…he’s great…”

“See, what did I told ya?”

Mark POV

I handed my car key to the valet and walked towards the revolving main door. I went through and a lot of people crowding the lobby. I was looking for my officemate when I saw Jisoo walking in alone.

“Mark…” she said as she walked towards me.

“Jisoo…alone?”

“Yeah…my publicist kinda busy…”

“Shall we?” I extended my arm. “I could be your …if you want to…”

“Sure…why not…”

We walked in together to the ballroom and it was already crowded with people.

“I didn’t know its gonna be this hectic in here…” she said, I already see her sweating slightly.

“Yeah me too…let’s go find us a table then…”

We were walking to a corner when Momo waved at us. She made a bee line towards us and ushered us to the table where the whole crew were at…surprisingly, Jinyoung wasn’t there.

“Look who I found…” Momo said.

“Hey guys…this is Jisoo…my…”

“A friend of his…” Jisoo cut off my words.

“A friend? Really?” Nayeon winked.

“Yup…we just met outside and Mark offered to be my since my publicist is busy only god knows what…” she said, in her usual friendly manner.

We were talking and Jisoo blend in naturally with the girls when Momo finally noticed that she used to work with Jisoo on a photo shoot a few years before. I just came back getting a glass of juice for Jisoo when I saw Jinyoung walking arm in arm with a man.

 

So Mark is about to meet Jinyoung's new man...what will happen? Stay tuned for the update then!!!

Flood the comment box below!!!

BBYONG!!!!