CHAPTER 16

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Jinyoung POV

“I’m back…” I said as I stepped into the office.

“There’s a call for you from Kim Nina…something about the models…” Nayeon passed me a small note.

“Thanks…” I walked over and saw Mark’s empty desk. “Field work?” I asked Momo.

“He’s on leave…family matters…”

“Oh…”

It’s been two days then since I last heard from him. I wanted to go to his apartment to find out what’s going on but I’m afraid if I make things more complicated than it already was. I guess I just have to wait for him then.

Mr. Kim walked in.

“Alright, listen up guys…” he said, standing on the stairs to his office. All of us gathered in front of him. “I just came back from the big meeting with people from upstairs and they’ve decided that JYPH will be having its 10th anniversary ball next month at JW Marriot Hotel…”

“A party? Yes!” Hani and Jackson fist bumps together.

“And our last wedding issue is getting a lot of attention so I really hope we could blow everyone with this one…”

“Yes captain!”

“Okay, get back to your work…Nayeon, I need to see you in my office…”

“Coming right up…”

I went back to my desk and took out my phone.

To: Markie Pie

Hey…just wanna check if everything is ok with you…tell me if I could help with anything. I missed you.

I pressed the send button hoping for a reply but sadly it never came.

Mark POV

“Remember this Yi-En...if you decided to go against my word and go with that man, don’t come back to the house…” Aunt Corrine said, her eyes locked with mine. I’ve never seen her like this before.

“Honey, you don’t mean that…he’s our son…”

“Our son didn’t do such things Daejun…I’ve never raised him to be that way…I believe Dorine too…” she got into the car and slammed the door shut.

“Yi-En ah…don’t mind her… whatever you choose, you’ll still be my son…that fact is not gonna change…” Uncle Daejun hugged me. “Take care okay?”

I watched as the car disappeared from my sight. Could I really choose between the two? I love my family…but Jinyoung…either way, I had to take care of this problem whether I like it or not.

The next day…

I walked into the office and Jinyoung wasn’t there…I guess he hasn’t arrived yet.

“Good morning…” I greeted everyone.

“Morning oppa…” the girls replied.

“How’s everything with the family? Okay?” Momo asked.

“Fine…thanks for asking…”

I went to my desk and decided to start on working with my paperwork. I was doing some typing when I saw Jinyoung walking into the office.

“Good morning lovely people…” he said with a smile.

“You’re late…” Nayeon said as he walked past me.

“Blame my alarm…”

Our eyes met as he went towards his desk. He just sat there and then a text came to my phone.

From: Jinyoungie

Is everything ok? I really missed you.

I looked at him and he smiled.

To: Jinyoungie

We need to talk…let’s meet later ok?

I put my phone away and busied myself with work.

Jinyoung POV

From: Markie Pie

We need to talk…let’s meet later ok?

Okay…that doesn’t sound so good…I looked at him and he was already walking away towards Mr. Kim’s office.

The day went forward as usual, busy since the dateline for the upcoming JStyle magazine issue is approaching. I glanced over at Mark and he was busy helping Jihyo. Our eyes met for a brief second but he quickly looked away.

What was that about?

Late evening…

“Are you sure you don’t want to come to the get together? Momo is paying for it…” Jackson said as we exited the elevator together.

“Nahhh…I just wanna go home and wind down…you guys have fun…”

“I swear…you and Mark is living like a hermit…I wonder what he does for fun…”

“Different people have different ways Jacks…”

“I supposed so…anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow ok?”

I walked towards the basement parking lot and as I got near to my car, I got a text from Mark.

From: Markie Pie

Let’s meet at our regular place…I’ll be waiting.

I arrived at the small restaurant just outside the city half an hour later and saw Mark’s car already parked at the parking lot. I walked in and saw him at a secluded table away from the main dining area.

“Hey…”

“Hey…”

Mark tilts his face away when I leaned over wanting to give him a kiss.

“People will see…” he said, slightly taken aback from my gestures.

“Fine…” I sighed. I should’ve known better.

Mark POV

I have to do this…

“Is everything fine?” Jinyoung asked.

“Kinda…”

“Did your family freak out?”

“Totally…look Jinyoung…I’ve been thinking…maybe…maybe we could just take a break from each other…” there, I’ve said it.

“Take a break? What do you mean?” he was frowning.

“I mean…we should stop seeing each other…”

“And why?”

“Um…I…I feel like that we should…my family…they’re not as accepting as yours…and I think maybe we should stop…and to be honest…I don’t think this gonna work between us…”

Jinyoung stared at me with an indescribable expression on his face. I love Jinyoung but I just can’t abandon my family, they’ve given me so much all these years and I can’t be selfish…maybe this was for the better.

“Is it something that I’ve done? I know I can be demanding at times but…maybe we could just persuade your family…” he tried to reach for my hand but I pulled back.

“No…let’s just stop ok?”

I got up and walked out.

I’m sorry Jinyoung…I had to do this. Hate me all you want but there’s no turning back for me now.

 

So Mark decided to break things off with Jinyoung...stay tuned for the next update!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!

BBYONG!!!!