CHAPTER 20

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

A week later…

Jinyoung POV

It’s already 10pm when I arrived outside the cafe. I just wanted to go home after work but Jaebum said he wanted to meet and have dinner together. I was having a tiring day at the office and hadn’t eaten anything since lunch so dinner would be good.

I walked in and saw Jaebum at the table with Mark and a woman.

“What took you so long?” Jaebum asked as I took a seat next to him, facing the woman.

“I had a few things to settle…” I looked over at Mark and he just smiled. “Who is this?” I was being polite.

“I’m Jisoo…” she extended her hand for a shake and I gladly took it.

“I’m Jinyoung…I’ve heard about you…” I said with a smile. My assumption was true after all.

“Only good things I hope…” she chuckled.

“Definitely…”

I ordered my food and we talked…or mostly Jisoo and Jaebum actually…I just chipped in a few times trying not to look like a snob. Jaebum was right, Jisoo is a great woman…she’s funny and sociable.

“I’ve met Mr. Kim a few times when I was a rookie…he was savage as they say it…but a sweetheart…” Jisoo said, sipping her drink.

“That’s my boss…” I said.

“Our boss…” Mark added, looking at me.

“Yeah…our boss…”

I excused myself to the bathroom and while I was in there, Mark came in.

“Jaebum texted you to come?” he said, standing next to me in front of the mirror.

“Yeah…I didn’t know that you’re gonna be here…” I glanced at him. “She’s a stunner…”

“Who?”

“Jisoo…you two look great together…”

I washed my hands and walked out.

Mark POV

“You two look great together…” he said as he washed his hands and before I could say anything, he walked out.

I didn’t know Jinyoung gonna be here tonight…I was just arrived at the cafe with Jisoo when I saw Jaebum came in and he naturally joined us. I’ve been going out with Jisoo a few times since Jaebum introduced us and Jisoo turned out to be a great woman…so great that I don’t think I deserve her. I admit it that going on dates with her was a lot easier but somehow my heart wasn’t into it.

I went back to the table and Jinyoung wasn’t there.

“Where’s Jinyoung?”

“He had to leave…he said Nayeon need a ride home…” Jaebum said.

“Nayeon? His girlfriend?”

“Girlfriend? Jinyoung bat for your team Jisoo ya…” Jaebum chuckled.

“Really?”

Later…

“So, I didn’t know that Jinyoung was gay…” Jisoo said as we’re in my car. I was on my way sending her home.

“Well, he is…”

“I bet men would kill to date him…I mean…from a straight girl perspective, he’s a hottie! Any man should be lucky to have him…”

Yeah…I was the one that had him.

“So you have no problem with gay men?”

“No…why would I? They’re still human…love comes in different form, shape and sizes…it didn’t justify who you are based on who you choose to love, men or women…”

She’s indeed a great woman.

Jinyoung turned off the engine of his car and leaned against the seat. The night was extremely tiring him, mostly on the emotional side. Watching Mark and that girl together made him restless and all he wanted to do is leave…so he made an excuse telling Jaebum that Nayeon needed him. He finally gathered his energy and got out of the car.

He walked to the entrance and saw a familiar face standing there.

“Jinyoung ah…” the guy called.

“Junho hyung…”

“Hey kiddo…”

Junho hugged Jinyoung, lifting him up a little.

“You’re just 3 years older than me hyung…”

“Still…”

A pair of eyes watching them from afar.

*****************************************

Jinyoung POV

I was in the kitchen when Junho hyung walked in, only in his boxers…typical him.

“Good morning…” he said, yawning.

“Morning…good night sleep?”

“Oh yeah…thanks for having me on short notice…”

“No problem hyung…coffee?”

“Yes please…”

I took couple of mugs and poured freshly brewed coffee for us.

“Hmm…this is nice…” he said, sipping the hot coffee. “You should become a barista…”

“No thanks…my job at the magazine is enough for me…”

Junho hyung as a close friend of mine…we’ve known each other since we’re kids since our house was next to each other before they moved away to Jeju when we’re in high school. But Junho hyung and I keep in touch with each other until today.

“So, are you gonna be here long?” I asked as we eat.

“A week or two I guess…my agent said the apartment I was supposed to stay is ready but something went wrong and you know I feel about hotels…so I have no other options than to bother my dongsaeng…” he grinned.

“You’re more than welcome here hyung…”

“I hope I didn’t interrupt your date last night…”

“Trust me you’re not…”I was just leaving after giving lame excuse that Nayeon needed me when I received the call from Junho hyung…that’s a life saver.

“If you need the house alone with your boyfriend, just let me know okay? I need to protect my innocent ears…”

“Don’t worry about that…”

“Why? You just broke up?” he said with a laugh.

“Kinda…”

“Jinyoung ah…I’m so sorry…”

“It’s okay hyung…mom was just here a few days ago…she would love to see you…” I tried to change the subject when I saw the change on his face.

“Maybe I could visit her before I go back…”

“She would love that…”

We talked, catching up and then I had to leave for work.

“The spare key is in the bowl…and makes yourself at home…” I said as I walked to the door.

“You bet I will…”

Mark POV

I kept thinking about what I saw last night…who was that guy? I’ve never seen him before…and why did they look so close?

“Oppa, did you hear what I just said?”

Chaeyoung’s voice woke me up from my thought.

“Huh? What is it?”

“Are you even listening?” she frowned. “What is wrong with you? You’ve been spacing out since you arrived…”

“Sorry, sorry…just thinking about something…” I said sheepishly.

“Or someone…” Hani noona nudged my shoulder as she walked past us. “I saw you on a date couple of days ago…”

“Ohhh…” the girls cooed.

“It wasn’t a date…”

“Yeah right…”

Nayeon walked in.

“Good morning lovely people of JStyle…” she said as she strutted her way to her desk.

“Nayeon ah, you left this in my car last night…” Momo handed a small pouch to Nayeon.

“Thanks, I was looking for it this morning…”

Hold up, Nayeon was with Momo last night? But I thought Jinyoung was with her.

“Hey Mark, you ok?” Nayeon asked.

“I’m…I’m fine…”

The images of Jinyoung and that guy popped back into my mind.

I just came back from the HR Department when I saw Jinyoung in the office. Our eyes met for a brief second but then he looked away.

“Jinyoung ah…let’s go out for dinner afterwards…” Nayeon said as she walked towards his desk.

“Dinner? Sorry…I can’t…”

“Why not? We haven’t gone out for a while…” she pouted.

“I know bunny…but Junho hyung is in town and I promised him dinner tonight…”

“Junho oppa? The Junho oppa?” her eyes widened.

“Yeah…he’s staying with me…”

“Well, well…” she sat at the edge of his desk. “Maybe you could use this chance and go out on a date with him…”

“How many times I must tell you that Junho hyung is straight?”

Well, that’s a relief.

“There’s no way in hell he was straight! I tried seducing him once but he won’t budge…” she said.

“You’re just not his type…”

“Okay that hurts!” she smacked Jinyoung’s arm.

“What? He told me himself…”

“Maybe you could turn him gay…” she laughed.

“I’m not gonna go that road again…you can turn a guy gay but then sooner or later their straight way gonna claim them back again…been there, done that…” Jinyoung glanced over at me before getting up and went to Mr. Kim’s office.

Somehow I know those last words were meant for me.

 

Sorry for the late update...been busy these few days...

Anyway, happy reading and flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!