CHAPTER 3

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Mark POV

I was a nervous wreck when I arrived at the 25th floor of the JYP Publishing House. Sure I’ve been working here for the last 3 years but moving to a different level is something new to me. I just got promoted and it’s my time to move to a new office and working with a new set of people. I’m quite a shy person at first but I tend to open up more as the time goes by. I stepped out of the elevator, taking a deep breath while carrying a box full of my stuff.

“Mark Tuan ssi?” a woman greeted me. She was tall, around my height and look pleasant…bright attractive smile.

“Yes…”

“I’m Momo; the unofficial welcoming committee…come, let me show you your new office and our team…”

It turned out that the magazine editorial department is filled with fun people, they were a little loud but I can live with that. There’s around 10 people in the team and everyone have their own specialty.

“That’s Nayeon…our Chief’s secretary…”

“Hi…” she waved. “So, you’re our new transfer…if you have any problem, just ask away…don’t be shy…” she winked.

“And that’s Jackson! Our sports correspondent…”

“Hey man…” a guy came and shake my hand. “It’s good to see another man in here…the estrogen are killing me!”

“Shut up Jacks!” Hani threw a crumpled paper at him.

“Ah noona!” the guy whined.

This gonna be fun indeed.

I just noticed that the desk opposite of mine was empty.

“Nayeon ah…who sit here?”

“That place belongs to Jinyoung…he’s the Assistant Editor-In-Chief, basically Mr. Kim’s right hand man…he’s taking a three day off, family matters…but he’ll be back here tomorrow…”

“Oh…okay…”

I continued my work and the Editor-in-Chief Mr. Kim Heechul was a nice man…a little bit of a diva but he was a pleasant to work with…I heard nothing but a good word about him.

“Mark ssi?”

Mr. Kim called me from his office.

“Yes sir?”

“Can you get the publications from last year and compile the review on the beauty section for me?” he asked.

“Yes sir…I’ll get right on it…”

“Momo, can you show him where we keep them?”

“Yes captain!” she saluted him. “C’mon oppa…this way…”

I think I’m gonna like it here.

Jinyoung POV

“You got everything in there?” My mom asked for the fifth time less in an hour.

“Yes mom…everything is in here…” I closed the back trunk of my car.

“Remember to put the kimchi in the fridge and don't forget to eat it! The last time I went to your place, I saw rotten kimchi in there!”

“I had busy month…the magazine is in its final stage and I have to pull all-nighter…”

“Yea, yea…whatever…all you need right now is a nice man that can take care of you…that way, I don’t have to be so worried about you…” she patted my arm as we walked to the driver’s seat.

“Why? Are you tired of your only son?”

My mom laughed. I’m gonna miss this iron lady of mine. 3 days was a short break, since the death memorial of my grandfather.

“Of course not…I just think maybe it’s time for you to actually settle down…dating…having a relationship…”

“If the right one come mom…so, I gotta go…I’ll call you ok?”

“Drive carefully…and say hi to Nayeon…”

“Nae…”

I got into the car and drive away. Back to work Jinyoung…

************************************************

Jinyoung POV

It’s work as usual and after 3 days of absence, I know I had tons of work loaded for me.

“Good morning everyone…” I said as I entered the office.

“Jinyoung ah!” Nayeon came running towards me, giving me a bear hug.

“Hey bunny…” I twirled her around. “My mom said hi…”

“She missed me? Awww…your mom is so sweet…I should give her a call…” Nayeon smiled.

“If anyone didn’t know you two any better, they would’ve thought the two of you are definitely dating each other…” Jungyeon said, walking past them.

“Me dating this shorty? Please…” I make gagging sound. Jungyeon smiled.

Nayeon smacked my arm.

“What is wrong with me anyway? I’m pretty, y, cute…” she twirled, flapping her skirt around.

“Whatever bunny…” I said, receiving a death glare from her. “But sadly, I bat for your team Jungyeon…”

“If only I have a gay older brother…I totally set him up with you…”

“Thank you sweet heart…” I made kissy face at her and she just smiles, shaking her head.

I went to my desk and saw the desk in front of me is already occupied.

“Hey Nayeon, the new guy came in?” I asked, looking at her.

“Yup…yesterday…let me give you a warning, this one is such a hottie…” she wiggled her eyebrows. “I’m sure the girls here are already swoon by him…”

“I bet you are too when you saw him…” Momo chipped in.

“We’ll see about that…I’m gonna get myself a cup of hot coffee…later…” I put my stuff on the desk and head out to the staff lounge at the end of the corridor.

A cup of coffee should be enough to keep me awake until lunch.

Mark POV

“Good morning…” I said walking into the office.

“Morning…” a few people said back. It feels good to be working in this kind of environment, a lot different than my old one.

“Hey Mark, did you get the tickets for tonight’s game?” Jackson asked as I sat down at my desk.

“Yep…I’ve made the reservation under your name…just go straight to the counter and you’re all set…”

“Thanks man…I appreciate it…” Jackson winked.

“No problem…”

“And I found the missing publications…” Momo put a few magazines on my desk. “I guess someone accidentally knocked it down…”

“Thank you Momo ssi…remind me to buy you coffee…”

“Sure thing honey…”

I saw a bag on the desk in front of mine…I guess the owner is back.

“Hey Mark, I want you to meet Park Jinyoung…” Nayeon said. I turned around and saw a guy standing next to her. “This is Park Jinyoung, our second in command if Mr. Kim is not around.”

Our eyes met and he looked kinda familiar.

“Hi…” I extended my hand for a shake and he gladly took it. “Um…have we met before?” I looked at him.

Jinyoung POV

“Have we met before?” he said staring at me.

Oh !

I can recognize that voice anywhere! Even though the time I spent with him was short that night…I know that deep voice of his. This was the guy from the club. Looks like fate is playing a joke on me.

“Um…I don’t think so…” I lied.

“You look kinda familiar…”

“Oh really?”

Ok this is bad. How am I gonna face this guy every single day now that he worked here?

“Jinyoung ah…you ok?” Nayeon asked, putting her palm on my forehead. “You look kinda pale…”

“I’m…I’m fine…I gotta see Mr. Kim…” I grabbed my files and head towards Mr. Kim’s office.

This is bad!

 

They meet again.