CHAPTER 18

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Jinyoung POV

The bustling scene of the shooting site somehow did help taking my mind off the problem I had. The shoot went on unhitched, much to Mr. Kim’s delight.

“I think we better let her hair up in next frame…and those backdrops…please take it out…” he said as we preparing for the shoot for the last batch of dresses. “Jinyoung ah…come take a look…”

I went running towards him at the monitor area.

“What do you think?” he asked.

“I think it’s good…the proportion is just right…and we could really focus on the details of the dress…less crowded background makes the dress shines…”

“That’s what I had in my mind…I picked a great assistant…” he patted my back.

“Thank you hyungnim…” I smiled. Having him complimented me is the biggest reward I could ask for.

The shoot continued for a few hours and I was tired when we finally wrapped everything up.

“Good job today Jinyoung ah…we’re gonna nail this issue.” Mr. Kim said as we picked the best photos for the last batch of shooting.

“This gonna be our best wedding issue yet…” I smiled.

“Definitely…let’s get everything pack up and we can go…”

It’s already late and I decided to stop by at the office to pick up a few things. I figured that everyone must be gone by now but when I walked into the office, I saw Mark at his desk, immersed in his work. After what happened last night, I don’t know how I should react being around him. What are we now? I don’t think that I could stay and be his friends…should I keep everything strictly work with him?

I was contemplating whether to just go back and head out when Jackson came from behind, scared the out of me.

“Dude!”

“Jeez Wang! You almost give me a heart attack!” I felt my heart just did a flip, it was beating so fast.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“I have to pick some stuff…”

Mark turned around when he heard us talking. Our eyes finally met and after a few seconds, he turned back to his work.

Mark POV

“Here’s the stuff you want…” Jackson put a stack of files on my desk.

“Thanks…I really owe you one Jacks…”

“You bet…” he grinned.

I looked at Jinyoung and he just went to his desk in silence. I wanted to strike a conversation with him but what do I say to him?

“How’s the shoot?” I asked casually.

“Fine…” he answered shortly, without even looking.

I kinda expected that reaction from him.

“Ok, I’m gonna go now…” Jackson took his jacket from the hanger. “See you guys tomorrow…”

Jackson left and we’re finally alone.

“Um…Jinyoung ah…can we talk?” I said, looking at him.

“I can’t…busy.”

“Jinyoung ah…”

He put down his pen and stared back at me.

“What more you want to say to me? Last night when I asked if we could talk, you just take off…now you want to talk?”

“I just…I just don’t want things to get awkward between us again…”

“It’s bound to happen don’t you think?”

“I know…it’s just…”

“Save it Mark…fine, if you want us to be friends, even though I know that’s the last thing I want to have between us…but if that what you want…”

I’m so sorry Jinyoung ah…I know I’m such a coward but this is the only way I know so that I could still see you.

“And by the way, you left your tie at my place…don’t worry, I’ll give it back to you like any good friend would…”

He gathered his stuff and went to the door.

“See you tomorrow, friend…” he said and walked away.

Great move Mark…great move!

*********************************************

There’s a visible strain in Mark and Jinyoung’s supposed ‘friendship’ and the people around them are quick to catch on it.

“Jackson ah…” Nayeon slides her chair towards Jackson’s table.

“What’s up?”

“Is it just me or there’s a tension between Mark and Jinyoung these few days?”

Both of them looked at Jinyoung and Mark at their desk. Both were busy with their work and seem to be oblivious to the watching eyes.

“Tension?” Jackson frowned.

“Yeah…they used to be close…not that super close but close enough to go for lunches together or even share a ride home…but now…”

“I thought I was the only one who saw that…”

Both of them looked at each other.

“Do you think something happened?” Jackson said.

“Like what?”

“I dunno…something…did they had a fight or something?”

“That could be the reason…maybe we should find out…” Nayeon went back to her desk.

Jinyoung POV

I was just finishing my work when Nayeon came to my desk. She didn’t say anything instead all she did was staring at me.

“Something’s wrong?” I looked at her.

“You tell me…” she said with a frown.

“Okay…now you’re scaring me…”

I got up and went to the pantry to fix me a cup of coffee.

“Something is not right with you and Mark…” Nayeon said as she followed me.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about…” I said, avoiding his laser-like gaze.

“You can’t fool me Nyoung…something did happen…”

“Only you think that way bunny.”

“Really? Then why did Jackson said the same thing too? And he’s supposed to be the least tactful person we know.”

Are we that obvious? But then again, I’m not the best one at hiding my emotion…and Nayeon could always read me like an open book.

“Hold up…did you confessed to him?”

I looked at Nayeon. Well bunny, I did more than just confessing if you wanna know…not that I’m gonna tell you that.

“That’s what happen isn’t it?”

“Well…”

“So everything went awkward again…so that’s what happened between the two of you…”

I’m just gonna let Nayeon put that as a conclusion. It’s better for her not knowing what really happened.