CHAPTER 25

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Jinyoung POV

A breathe of fresh air at the country side was a remedy I needed to put all my perspective in focus. I stepped out to the huge deck at the back of the house and enjoy the quiet morning away from the bustling city.

“Good morning…”

I turned around and saw my mom walking towards me holding two mugs in her hands.

“Coffee?” she offered and I gladly took one mug.

“Thanks mom…”I took a sip and the warm liquid was soothing.

“So, do you have work around the area?” she asked.

“No…I just wanted to come home that’s all…took couple of days off work…besides, Junho hyung wanted to see you…”

“Are you ok?” she stared at me.

“I’ve been better to be honest…”

“You wanna talk about it?”

I turned around leaning my back against the rail facing her.

“I really can’t hide anything from you can I?”

“Hey, I carried you for 9 months in my belly and raised you for 27 years…I know my son better than anyone…” she winked. “Is it a guy?”

I nodded.

“What about him? Did you guys have a fight?”

“Kinda…”

“Kinda?”

“Well…I dunno…it’s just…I just wished that there’s nothing ever happened between us from the beginning…less heart break, less complication…”

“That’s life…it’s gonna be heart break and complication…that’s part of living…do you like him that much?”

“Yeah…and I thought that he felt the same about me but I was wrong…”

“You love him that much huh?”

I nodded. I can’t deny the fact that I loved Mark…more than I should.

“Aigoo…my boy…” my mom ruffled my hair. “If it’s meant to be, it will be yours eventually…”

“Maybe…where’s dad?”

“He went out for a jog with Junho…helps me with the breakfast?”

“Sure…”

Mark POV

It felt weird seeing Jinyoung’s empty seat since I was used to see him all the day at the office. I tried texting him but there’s no reply…I wanted to call but I doubt that he would even pick up.

“Mark, you okay dude?” Jackson asked.

“Kinda…”

“Are you worried about Jinyoung?”

“Yeah…he wouldn’t reply my texts and calls…”

“Maybe he just needs time to think…Nayeon and I always let him alone if things like this happened…”

“It happened before?”

“Yeah…so don’t worry about it…he’ll call you when he’s ready…” Jackson patted my back and walked away.

I hope so.

********************************

Jinyoung POV

“So, you got the answers you need?” Junho hyung asked as we’re on our back to the city.

“What do you mean hyung?” I glanced over at him.

“Be honest Jinyoung…you rarely take day off work and went back to your parents place on top of that…something tells me that you’re either running from something or trying to find an answer…”

Sometimes I wonder how he could read through me…am I that transparent?

“Don’t look so surprised kiddo…your hyung know everything…” he grinned. “I’ve known you the longest…more than Nayeon or Jackson…”

It’s true.

“So, did you find it?” he asked again.

“Maybe…I dunno…

“Do you still hung up over that cheater? You know it’s never gonna work…”

“I know…it’s not him hyung…”

“You mean there’s someone else?”

“Yeah…”

So I went on and tell Junho hyung about Mark. He listened to my story and I was hoping he could help me.

“And he obviously was telling you the truth about that guy having a fiancée…”

“Yeah…but I dunno hyung…I was hurt…he made me feel like I was nothing…it’s like he just got an itch and used me to scratch it…”

“Well, that’s a way to put it…maybe he was just scared…you know how closet people would be…”

“I know but…I was ready to face anything with him…but he decided to dump me and went to his straight way back again…”

“And now he wanted you back…”

“I dunno whether he’s being serious…either way, I’ve decided not to take any risks again…”

I reached home and decided to look at my phone. I switched it on and a series of texts and miscalls from Mark came in.

From: Markie Pie

Jinyoung ah, can we at least talk? I really missed you…call me when you get back.

 

From: Markie Pie

Please don’t get annoyed with my texts…just wanted to tell you that I missed you…for the tenth time…in an hour…I really missed you

 

I could only sigh reading his texts…if only I could really believe everything he said.

Mark POV

I came into the office expecting to see Jinyoung’s seat would be empty and looks like today it’s empty…again.

“Good morning everyone…” I said walking in.

“Morning oppa…” the girls replied.

I went to my desk, set my things up and I’m ready to get on with my work. I just got back from the pantry and saw Jinyoung at his desk.

“Jinyoung ah…”

Our eyes met.

“Good morning…” he casually said.

“Good…good morning…” I replied.

I was about to talk to him when Mr. Kim walked into the office.

“Good morning everybody…” he said in his usual diva manner. “Oh…Jinyoung is here…”

“Yes sir…”

“Good…I need to see you in a bit…”

“I’m right behind you…”

Looks like I have to talk to him later then when I saw Jinyoung went to Mr. Kim’s office.

Later that day…

“Mark oppa, we’re going out for lunch, you wanna come?” Jihyo said as she and the girls were getting ready to leave the office.

“It’s okay…I still got things to do…”

“That can wait oppa…should I bring anything back?”

“A sandwich could do…”

“Okay…see you later oppa…” she waved.

“Thanks…”

Jinyoung went out for an interview with Nayeon couple hours ago and he still hasn’t come back to the office. I’ve been racking my brain trying to find words to say to him. I just hope that I wouldn’t say the wrong thing again.

Jinyoung POV

Nayeon asked me to eat with her but I declined since I have a few other things to settle at the office. I walked in and glad there’s no one inside…looks like everyone is gone for lunch.

I was heading for the pantry when I almost bumped into Mark head on. Just when I thought I was alone.

“Jinyoung ah…can we talk?” he said looking directly at me.

“We talking now aren’t we?”

“I know that…it’s just…what happened at the ball the other day…”

“Thanks for the warning…you were telling the truth after all…”

I went inside the pantry and Mark followed me.

“Did he tell you?”

“No…I found out when his fiancée called him…” it hurts like hell and I was surprised that I didn’t throw a fit that night.

“Are you okay?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? It’s not the first time…I’ll get over it…”

I took a bottle of water from the fridge. I turned around and Mark was right behind me, our chest bumped against each other.

“I missed you…” he said wrapping his arms around me.

The familiar scent of his perfume filled my senses and I was instantly aroused…the things this man could do to me. I quickly pushed him away before I got carried away.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I glared at him.

“Jinyoung ah…I know I was wrong…just give me a chance to redeem myself…I’ll never disappoint you again.”

“Why should I?”

“Jinyoung ah…baby…”

“Do you think you have the right to call me that? I don’t think so…you’ve hurt me enough Mark… and I’m not gonna fall for that anymore…”

“I’ll win your heart back…”

“Are you sure about that?” I cocked an eyebrow. He never sounded so confident before.

“Just wait and see…I’ll definitely win your heart…I gave you my word…”

“I doubt it…you wanna know why? Because you’re a coward…you’ll just crawl back in that closet the minute people talk…”

I gave him one last glare and walked past him. We'll just have to wait then.

 

First update of the year...sorry for taking so long to update...the new year start and things has been busy since I'm back on my business...

I'm planning to end this story in couple of chapters but don't worry, I'll be back with new story soon...

Anyway, happy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!!