CHAPTER 26

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

True to his words, Mark did tried everything just to gain Jinyoung’s attention…from leaving small treats on his desks and a mug of coffee while he was busy, Mark truly making an effort.

“Here…” Mark said nonchalantly as he put a hot mug of coffee on Jinyoung’s desk. “Careful it’s hot…”

“Mmm…” Jinyoung replied shortly.

“Where’s mine?” Jackson asked.

“Get your own Jacks…” Mark went to his seat.

“Biased…” Jackson pouted.

“Hey Jackson, you can have mine…I’m not in the mood for coffee anyway…too much caffeine already…” Jinyoung said, eyes still on his computer.

“You sure?”

“Yeah…it would be a waste if no one drinks it…”

“Yes!” Jackson got up from his seat and went to Jinyoung’s desk. He took a sip of the coffee and let out a satisfied sigh. “You make the best coffee Mark…”

“Um…thanks…” Mark looked at Jinyoung but the guy was still fixed on his computer.

He had to try different tactics then.

Mark POV

“Hey Jacks…can I ask you something?” I said, sliding my chair towards his desk a few feet away.

“Shoot…” he replied with his eyes fixed on his computer screen.

“You’ve known Jinyoung for a long time right?”

“I guess you already know that by now…there’s nothing new…”

“Yea, yea…it’s just…do you know what kind of guys that Jinyoung usually go for?” I might as well be forward with this man…no beating around the bush.

He stopped and looked at me.

“Why you wanna know?” he raised an eyebrow.

“It’s just that…”

“Oh my god…” he cut off my words. “You’re totally wanna set him up with someone aren’t you?”

Oh dear God…this guy can be a little dense sometimes…but let’s keep it like that for now.

“Look man…I know you mean well but my advice…don’t…Jinyoung almost cut off my balls after what happened with that bastard Sungjin…”he put his arm around my shoulder.

“I just wanna know…”

“Well…Jinyoung didn’t have specific style or ideal to be honest…but he really have a soft spot for guy that could sing…Wooyoung hyung was one of them…”

Isn’t that great? I can’t sing to save my life…I can cross that trait off then.

“Anything else? Height? Hair color? ”

“Hmm…Jinyoung didn’t particularly care about those things…anyway…good luck on finding him a guy…” he patted my back.

I went back to my desk and saw Jinyoung walked into the office. Our eyes met but he looked away in seconds.

I was doing my work when Jinyoung came over to my desk.

“Hey…” I said looking at him.

“Clear out your schedule tonight, we’re going out…”

Did I just hear that right?

“Is it a date?”

“Don’t get any clever idea…there’s event that I need to go in Mr. Kim’s place and he asked me to bring you along…since everyone else is kinda busy.”

“Ohh…”

“But if you don’t want to, I don’t mind going alone…”

“No, no, no…I’ll go…should I pick you up or something?”

“No…just meet me at the venue…” he gave me a card. “Don’t be late…” he said and left.

Looks like the universe is on my side today.

Jinyoung POV

I arrived at the venue a little early than I expected.

“Should I pick you up?” Junho hyung asked as he got into the driver’s seat.

“It’s ok…I’ll just get a cab…have fun at your reunion tonight…”

“I’m planning to…is your date arrived yet?”

“He’s not my date hyung…”

“Playing hard to get huh?” he grinned.

“No…it’s just…words from those kinds of men are something that I can’t easily believe…he says one thing and his actions tell me differently…”

“Well, suit yourself then…”

“How do I look?”

“Great…like any assistant editor-in-chief should…”

I watched as Junho hyung drove away. I turned around and saw Mark at the entrance, looking at me.

“Hi…” he said. “You look good…”

“Thanks…”

I walked past him and went into the lobby. The event was held at the Presidential Suite on the top floor of the hotel. People already crowding the area and I saw a few familiar faces among them.

“Tina Kim…” a petite woman turned around, smiling at me.

“Jinyoung ah…I thought Heechul is coming tonight…” she said, giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“He got another occasion to attend so I’m here instead…”

“Well, well…look what we got here…” she walked towards Mark who’s standing behind me. “Hi…I’m Tina Kim…we’ve met before right?” Tina held out his hand and Mark took it, kissing the top of the palm courtly.

“Looking good as I remembered…” Mark said.

“Aren’t you a sweet talker? I like you already…” she cooed. Tina Kim is such a er for good looking man and the way Mark looked tonight, it’s no doubt he would make a few head turns.

“Oh stop it Tina…you’re scaring him…” I pulled Tina away before she could put her hands on him. “Look, your husband is coming this way…”

“That man can’t stand to leave me alone for one minute…” she took a card and slipped it into Mark’s jacket pocket. “Call me if you want to give modeling a try…” she winked and walked towards a guy a few feet away from us.

We met a few people from the fashion industry and had a little chat and mingling around. Mark carried himself like a seasoned professional, making a few jokes and sweet talk, drawing a crowd of women around him.

“Looks like your little assistant is popular among the ladies…” Ilhoon, a top fashion designer friend of mine said as we looked at Mark being a social butterfly.

“He had that effect among women…” my eyes caught one of the ladies running her hands on Mark’s arm.

Keep calm Jinyoung…he’s not yours.

“And men too I supposed…” Eun Kwang said and our line of vision landed on a couple of guys staring at Mark from the other side of the room.

I think I made a mistake….he definitely don’t belong here…

Then…

“Jinyoung hyung…” someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw Ong Seong Woo, a budding new actor in the entertainment industry. We’ve known each other since his rookie days as models, through one of the shoot with our magazine.

“Seong Woo ya…”

I hugged him.

“I’d hope to see you here when I saw the guest list…looking good hyung…” he said, flashing his dazzling smile.

“You too…I saw your drama the other day…quite impressive I must say…”

“Thank you hyung…” he grinned. “Slowly making my mark I guess…”

“And you’re doing well actually…I still remember your modeling rookie days…”

Mark POV

The old me would’ve been excited being surrounded by beautiful women in a fancy party…but now, I think its suffocating. I tried being friendly and a gentleman but I guess these ladies seem to take it differently.

“Are you sure you’re not a model Mark ssi?” one girl said as her hands run up my arms.

“No…I’m just a regular employee…working with magazine…”

“Magazine? Wow…that must be fun…” another one squealed.

“It has it’s up and down…”I looked over and saw Jinyoung was talking to a guy. He had his hand at Jinyoung’s lower back, whispering closely as they talked. I’m not liking what I see.

“Excuse me ladies…I’d love to stay and chat but I really gotta go…”

I weaved myself away from the women and made my way towards Jinyoung. He was clearly surprised to see I was standing there. I recognize the guy…he’s a new actor that has been making his name in the entertainment industry…a great actor I must admit.

“Jinyoung ah…you should’ve told me that you know Ong Seong Woo…” I said to Jinyoung with my eyes on the other guy. “Hi…I’m Mark…Jinyoung’s colleague…big fan…” I extended my hand.

“Thanks…” he took it and gave me a firm shake. “You’re working with Jinyoung hyung? I thought Jackson hyung is the only other guy in JStyle…” he said.

“Well, not anymore…right Jinyoung?”

“Yeah…Mark joined us a few months ago…”

“Really? Cool…”

I spend the next hour listening to Jinyoung and Seong Woo talked and honestly, I feel like I want to drag Jinyoung away from the guy. It’s obvious that this Seong Woo had some sort of feelings towards Jinyoung…his body language tells me everything…from his little gestures…and I was dead jealous when Jinyoung paid no attention to me. I was wondering what I should do to turn this around.