CHAPTER 4

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Mark POV

“Nayeon ssi…” I slide my chair next to her.

“Yup…something that I can help?” she said, tucking her pen behind her ears.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure…shoot!”

“It’s about Jinyoung…”

“Jinyoung?”

Our eyes went to Jinyoung who is talking to Mr. Kim inside his office through the glass wall.

“What about him?” she looked at me.

“How should I say this…is he always cold towards people?”

“Jinyoung? Cold? Are you sure?” she frowned.

“Yeah…he seems like…avoiding me…as if I have some disease or something…”

It’s been two weeks since I worked here and while Jinyoung is quite friendly with other people in our team, he seems quite cold towards me. He barely talks when I asked him a question and when he will quickly leave when I went to the same space as his. Just the other day I went to the pantry and saw he was there, having his coffee. I said hi, trying to have small talk but he suddenly got up and left.

“Am I smelly in anyway?” I frowned.

“Well, Jinyoung can be a little shy at first…”

“I dunno…it seems like he hated me…”

“Of course not! Jinyoung barely hates anyone…well, except for his ex…that bastard deserves to die, and rotting in hell…just thinking about him makes my blood boils.”

I saw her clenching her fist.

“Him?” I stared at her.

“Yeah…oh you didn’t know? Jinyoung is gay…he likes men…”

“I know what gay means…I thought you two are dating…”

Nayeon seems so close with Jinyoung, the two always stuck together like gum, her wrapping her arms around Jinyoung’s waist and vice versa.

“Me dating him? That only happen if somehow I grow two balls and a …” she chuckled.

Her choice of words can surely surprise me.

Jinyoung POV

“I think you have to go to the fashion shoot this Wednesday on my behalf…” Mr. Kim said, looking at his planner.

“Me?”

“Yeah…I have a meeting with the big shots that day and I don’t think I can make it on time to the site…”

“But I don’t have the details for that shoot…”

“I’ll ask Nayeon to brief you up on that…and one more thing…how’s Mark?”

“Mark? Ok I guess…he got his job done on time…I don’t think he played hooky once since he got here…”

“I hope you can guide him…he worked at the book publishing department before…somehow his boss think that he suit being in the magazine section…”

“Okay…”

“I’m counting you on that…and take him out on the field sometimes, make him familiar with our work…”

“Sure…”

“And it seems like our monthly sales is dropping a little…according to the marketing team…”

“We are? But we’re still ahead of MOST…”

“Yeah…but the people upstairs think that sales are far more important more than anything…”

“As usual…”

“Anyway…next week is our meeting; remind the team to come out with a few ideas…”

“Yes sir…”

I walked out from Mr. Kim’s office with heavy steps. Looks like it’s gonna be a long day at work this month. Working with fashion magazine had it up and down…but fashion is one of my passions and I’m grateful to be working with such a cool person as Mr. Kim…Kim Heechul, a former model and fashionista in his 20s…and now he worked as Editor-In-Chief for JStyle, our own renowned fashion magazine under JYP Publishing house.

“Sunbae, what did Mr. Kim say?” Chaeyoung asked as I walked to the office floor.

“Well, he wanted us to come up with a few ideas for our next meeting…and the higher ups are not happy with our sales this month…”

A round of sighed echoed the room.

“But we’re still at first place among other magazine…” Jungyeon pouted.

“Yeah…but they want the sales number more than anything…”

“They !” Momo said.

“You got me on that…” Jackson fist bump with her.

I looked at Mark and he smiled…man…I feel weak! Why did he have to be so…like that! I tried avoiding him as much as I could but with Mr. Kim’s new order, I don’t think I can do it any longer.

“Hey Mark, clear your schedule this Wednesday…”

“Nae?” he looked at me, puzzled.

“Clear out your schedule, you’re coming with me to a shoot…”

“Ah…nae…”

******************************************

Mark POV

I watch from the side line as the photo shoot take place. We’re in a huge warehouse that has a few different sets and models are scattered around us.

“Hi…”

A woman come standing next to me.

“Hi…” I said and bowed.

“I’m Tina…casting director of these models…”

“Nice to meet you Tina ssi…they’re beautiful…I mean…the models…”

“Thank you…have you thought becoming one?” she gave me her card.

“Me? A model? I don’t think so…” I said, laughing. Please…me becoming a model? As if…

“Why not? I could see the potential…” she patted my arm. This is one friendly woman.

Then…

“Tina…stops hitting on the new guy…”

I saw Jinyoung walking over towards us.

“You never tell me that you have a hottie working for the magazine…” she said, wrapping her arm around his.

“Mark just joined us two weeks ago…it’s his first field work today…”

“Oh really? I thought maybe he could join my agency instead…a little polish and I’ll make him shine brighter than the North Star…”

“I don’t think I could be a model…”

“Oh honey…you never know until you try…” she winked. “Just give me a call and I’ll come running…”

“Ms. Tina…we need you in the makeup room…”

“Nae…well, if you excuse me…my presence is needed over there…”

She left.

“Don’t mind her…” Jinyoung said, scooted closer to me. “Tina Kim always had her eyes open for new talents…”

“She’s kinda friendly…”

“Yes she is…so, how are you holding up? It’s your first site visit…”

“Ok I guess…the people here are nice…and I never know there so many things involved in one single shoot…”

“And now you know…careful!” he pulled my arm. I lunged forward, our bodies hitting each other.

A guy carrying a huge wooden plank passed us by.

“Gotta get your eyes peeled everywhere…accidents could happen anytime…”

“Ah…nae…thanks for saving me…” I said, steadying myself. I swear my heart just skipped a beat.

He wasn’t so cold right now. I’ve seen him working, and he was focused on his task. He took every detail into consideration and I came to understand why he is Mr. Kim’s right hand man.

“It’s gonna end a little late…are you okay? I can let you leave early if you want to.”

“It’s okay…I’ll just stay here…it’s not like I have a girlfriend waiting or something…”

Jinyoung POV

“It’s okay…I’ll just stay here…it’s not like I have a girlfriend waiting or something…”

See? Why do I have to crush on straight guy? It just won’t work. I hate myself right now. Mark turned out to be such a sweet guy…he greeted everyone at the site with his warm smiles and helped carry some of the heavy things for the ladies…earning giggles and squeals along the way. How perfect can one be?

Soon I got distracted with the shoot and it’s a good thing…at least I’m not thinking about him right now. The shoot went on smoothly and end on a high note.

“I think we got all the shots noona…” I said to the photographer, Jaekyung noona. I’ve known her for years since we worked together most of the time.

“You think so?”

“Yeah…” I looked at the monitor. “Mr. Kim would be pleased…”

“I sure hope so…thank you for hiring me again Jinyoung ah…” she smiles, handing her camera to her assistant.

“No problem noona…you’re among the best…it’s only fitting that I use only the best…”

“Sweet talker much?” he pinched my cheek.

“It’s the truth…”

I was busy selecting the pictures on the monitor when I felt someone standing next to me. I looked up and saw Mark.

“Here…” he handed a can of coffee to me. “Though you might need it…”

“Thanks…” our hands touched when I grabbed the coffee and I think I just saw sparks fly all over. I paused for a second and then turned my attention back to the work.

I turned my attention back to the screen; trying to ignore the drum-like pounding of my chest…I bet he could hear it miles away. I took a deep breath and resumed my work.

 

Another double update for hitting 100+ subs!!! Yaaaaassssss!!!!!! Thank u for the support and I really appreciate it!!!!

Tell what you guys think and flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!