CHAPTER 21

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Mark POV

It’s pretty normal day at the office…Jinyoung and I are back being strangers…we only talk when needed and I think the whole office noticing it…they just don’t say anything about it though.

“Hani noona, can I borrow your USB drive? Mine is full…” I said as Hani noona walked by my desk.

“Jinyoung has it…ask him ok?” she said and winked at me.

I looked over and saw Jinyoung at his desk, pretty occupied with his work.

“Um…Jinyoung ah…”

“Here…” he said, handing me the USB without looking.

“Thanks…”

“No problem…” he answered shortly.

I went back to my seat and continued my work. I guess I should get myself get used to this kind of treatment from him then.

The day progressed like any other day and I managed to distract myself most of the time with my work. I was heading to the staff lounge when I heard Jackson and Jinyoung talking so I turned around and went back to my seat.

Jinyoung POV

I know I shouldn’t be mad at Mark anymore for what happened between us…I mean, people do hook up and break up most of the time but somehow this hit me personally because I really liked him…no, I loved him! Am I the only who felt that kind of connection?

“C’mon Jinyoung…just this once…” Jackson followed me to the counter as I made myself a mug of coffee.

“Why is it so important for you to get me to this date?” I said.

“I just want you to go out and meet people…maybe has a decent life…”

“Well, I have a decent life thank you…” I glared at me.

“Yeah, but we think otherwise…”

“We?” I frowned.

“Me and Nayeon…we’re your best friend…and we know when something is wrong…”

Did they know?

“C’mon… you don’t have to go out again if you don’t like this guy…which is unlikely since he was your type…”

“Fine…I’ll go out with him…” I finally gave in…there’s no use in fighting Jackson, he would bother me until I wave my white flag.

“You will?” his eyes widened.

“Yes Wang…but not tonight though…I promised Junho hyung that I would be his driver to his event…”

“Okay…you gonna like this guy…see, I knew Mark could talk some sense in you…” she grinned.

“Mark?” what did he have to do with all this?

“Yeah…I asked Mark to talk you…you know, convincing you to agree to this blind date…now that you’ve agreed, he did his job then…”

Jackson patted my shoulder and left. Okay, that was unexpected.

Mark POV

I was done helping Jihyo stacking some of the boxes in the pantry when I saw Jinyoung walking over towards me. He passed me by and went to the storage room before coming out with a broom.

“What was that for?” I casually asked.

“I spilled some of the pencil shavings…um…by the way, when are you gonna persuade me on going to the blind date?” he said while staring at me.

“Jinyoung ah…” I tried holding his hand but he pulled away.

“No…I’m kinda glad actually…now I can stop hoping that there’s actually a glimpse of hope between us…”

Suddenly my phone rings. I took it out from my pocket and saw the name on the screen.

“Jisoo ah…”

“I gotta go…” Jinyoung walked away.

“Is it a bad time? Should I call later?” her voice greeted me. I could see her frown from the other end of the line.

“No…I was just talking to a colleague…what’s up?”

“Nothing…I just wanna ask if you’re free tonight. There’s this new place opened downtown and I was invited…maybe we could go…”

“Sure…why not?”

“Great…I’ll be ready by 7…”

“Cool…”

“Bye…see you later…” she hung up.

I really need to end everything up with Jisoo…I keep telling myself that dating her was the right thing to do but truthfully, I just can’t. She deserved someone better…not a guy like me. There’s no denying that Jinyoung still occupied a large space inside me.

******************************************

Jinyoung POV

“Got a date?” Junho hyung said as I walked into the living room. He was lounging around on the sofa watching TV.

“Yup…Jackson’s been bugging me about it…”

“Maybe it’s a good thing for you…you know what they say…the way to forget someone is to meet another person…maybe you’ll like this guy…”

“Maybe…um…should I bring back anything for you?”

“No thanks…I’m good…”

“Okay…see you later hyung…” I said, heading towards the door.

“Have fun…”

“I’ll try…”

It turned out I really had fun on the date…Sungjin is a fun guy to be with…he flirted all night and I honestly don’t mind at all.

“Assistant Editor-In-Chief…I bet you did all the hard work huh?” he said as we’re enjoying our desserts.

“Kinda…but I got the whole team helping me…”

“You’re just being modest…” he smiled.

“Maybe…I’ve been meaning to ask you…how did you even know Jackson? I know he got a lot of connections…”

“We met a party…got talking and that’s it…and told me that he had this cute best friend that he really wants me to meet…”

“Cute? I’m not cute…” I could feel my cheeks flush red.

“Well, I see otherwise…” he put his hand on top of my left palm. “I think we hit it off just fine isn’t?”

“Yeah…”

This is probably what I need this time, just move on Jinyoung ah…it hurts, but you have to do it.

Mark POV

It’s Saturday and I’ve decided to come clean with Jisoo…there’s no point dragging her into this so called relationship. She deserved a better man. I was just finishing preparing our lunch when I heard the doorbell rings.

“Wait a minute…” I went to the front door and opened it.

Jisoo was standing there looking beautiful in her casual outfit.

“Hi…I dunno what to bring so I brought this instead…” she said, handing me a huge fruit basket.

“Thank you…sorry for making you come all the way here…”

“It’s okay…it’s hardly happened where the guy offered to cook lunch for me…” she smiled, as I ushered her inside. “Nice place…”

“Thanks…”

“Something smells nice…”

“I hope you like Italian…”

“My favorite…”

“Good…”

We sat down and eat…Jisoo talked about her stuff and as always, I was the avid listener to her story, just the way since we met a few weeks ago.

“The pasta is great by the way…maybe I could actually learn to cook from you…” Jisoo said as we’re having desserts.

“Sure…um, Jisoo ya…actually, there’s something I want to tell you…”

Before I could say another word, I heard someone entered the passcode to my door.

“Are you expecting someone?” Jisoo asked.

“No actually…”

I got up and walked to the front.

"Yi En ah…” Aunt Corrine was at my door.

“Aunt Corrine…”

“What are you doing standing there? Come help me with these!” she said, putting the bags she had on the floor.

“Mark…” Jisoo walked out from the kitchen.

“Oh…you have a guest?” Aunt Corrine was smiling when she saw Jisoo. This is not how I plan this day would be.

It wasn’t a surprise when Aunt Corrine took an instant liking towards Jisoo…they were talking, laughing together as if they’ve known each other for years.

“This kimchi is great omonim…one of the best I’ve tasted to be honest…” Jisoo said, with a smile.

“Take some home with you later okay?”

“Thank you omonim…”

“And you young man, make sure to bring Jisoo over some times…” she patted my arm.

A while later…

Jisoo excused herself to go the bathroom and Aunt Corrine walked into the kitchen while Mark was washing the dishes.

“I like her…” she said. “She’s pretty and polite…”

Mark just stood still, doing his task without a word.

“Yi-En ah…this is you…you’re not gay…she was far better than that guy.”

“Aunty…” he looked at her. “Jisoo is great but I…I just don’t feel that way towards her…”

“Are you telling me that you’re still gonna disobey my words?” she stared at him.

“Aunty…”

“I’ve told you this before Yi-En, if you were to be with that guy, you know what the consequence will be…”

Leaning against the wall, Jisoo overheard the two talking. She knew that her feelings towards Mark were a one way street. She felt about this since they started going out but she kept telling herself that maybe Mark was just a shy person, or sooner or later the feelings would finally be returned but now, she knew better.

Mark POV

Jisoo was strangely quiet when I drove her back.

“Are you okay? I know my aunt could be overwhelming sometimes…” I said, glancing at her, as I stopped the car in front of her gate.

"Can I ask you something?” she looked at me.

“Sure…anything…”

“Honestly, how do you see us together? We’ve been going out for couple of weeks now…and I really need to know…”

“Jisoo ya…”

“Be honest with me Mark…you know I hate liars…”

“I…actually…I don’t think it’s gonna work between us…romantically speaking…” I finally said it.

“Why?”

“I just…don’t feel that way…I tried…I really did…but…I’m so sorry Jisoo ya…”

“I heard your talk with your aunt back at your house…”

“You did?”

She nodded.

“Is there someone else?” she asked.

“Yeah…I don’t think I could really forget him…”

“Him?”

“Yeah…him…are you mad at me?”

“Kinda…I’d be lying if I tell you that I didn’t…”

“I’m so sorry Jisoo ya…”

“Is it Jaebum?”

“No…not him…it’s someone else…but you’ve met him…it’s Jinyoung…”

“Well, you do have a good taste in men…”

The both of us looked at each other and she smiled.

“Word of advice Mark…please don’t lie to yourself to please others…just be who you are…if they can’t accept it, it’s their problem…not yours…” she nudged me.

“Thank you…”

“And if anyone asks, it’s me who dumps you ok?”

“It’s a deal…”

I left Jisoo’s place feeling like a ton of weight just lifted off my back. One less problem that I have to worry about.

 

So Mark and Jisoo break up...kinda...

Stay tuned for the next update!!!

Don't forget to flood the comment box!!!!

BBYONG!!!