CHAPTER 5

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Jinyoung POV

“Jinyoung ah, can I ask you something?” Nayeon said and sat at the edge of my desk.

I look around and there’s only the two of us in the office.

“Where’s everybody?” I asked.

“Lunch…you’re so into your work that you lost track of time…”

“What are you doing here then?”

“I had heavy breakfast so I’m skipping lunch…anyway…can I ask you something?”

“Sure…” I rolled up my sleeves and leaned back against my chair facing her. “What’s up?”

“It’s about Mark…”

“What about him?” I’m getting nervous waiting for Nayeon’s question.

“I’ve been watching you…at first I thought maybe it’s just that you’re shy with new people…and then…I saw that little glances…”

“What are you? Spying on me?” I thought no one was looking.

“No…just observing…and then, I saw the avoidance…like you would leave as soon as he entered the room…pantry…”

“Nayeon ah…”

“No…let me finish…did something actually happen that I didn’t know about?”

Looks like it’s time to come clean.

“Fine…just promise me you won’t tell anybody else…”

"My lips are sealed…” she made an invisible zipper gesture on .

“I’ve met Mark before…”

“You do? Where?”

“Remember that night at the club a few weeks ago when you had me dressed as a woman?”

“Who could forget that night? It’s a history down memory lane…” she chuckled.

“Anyway…I met him there…”

“No way!” her eyes widened.

“The guy you saw me dancing with was him…”

“Mark?”

“Yup…do you know I almost had a heart attack when I saw him in here the moment I walked through that door? I heard his voice and bam! He’s the guy from the club.”

“Ok that is some crazy ! I never know that…”

“Now you do…I was attracted to him…but he is straight…”

“But that doesn’t explain why you’re avoiding him. He came to me asking about why you do what you did…”

“I had to! He’s like a wet dream walking on two feet! I can’t risk having a when he’s near me…smiling like that.”

“Why don’t you ask him out?”

“Did you forget what I just said? He’s straight! Last time I check straight guys date women, not men…”

“Or maybe Jenny could make her entrance once again.” She smiled, wiggling her eyebrows.

“No! Jenny is gone! Not gonna do that ever again!”

Mark POV

Having lunch with my coworkers was fun to say the least…they were a little loud but not to the point of annoying…Jackson seems like the mood maker among them and he’s definitely a very sociable guy.

“I still can’t believe Momo could get Jinyoung sunbae to dress like that…I mean…a grown man in a skirt?” Jungyeon said, laughing.

“Well then again…I told him my conditions and he agreed…” Momo smiled, taking a bite of her sandwich.

“Jinyoung wears skirt?” I looked at them.

“Oppa, you should’ve looked at the scene…that probably the highlight of our team…”

“Whatever you do…don’t lose the bet around here…” Jackson said to me. “These women are ruthless…”

“I’ll keep that in mind…” I made a mental note on it.

“So, how do you like it here so far?” Sunmi asked. “Magazine is a lot different from book publishing…”

“I guess it’s a lot more fun here…I can get my creative juices flowing and people are not as uptight as I thought it would be…”

“Well, we’re at the magazine did have a lot more freedom and flexibility…if you don’t mind being surrounded with full capacity of estrogen driven women…” Jackson said, receiving a slap on the back of his head from Jungyeon. “What was that for?” he glared.

“Nothing…just my estrogen filled hand talking…” she said, sticking her tongue out at him.

“And that too…women…you can’t live with them, you can’t live without them…” Jackson shook his head.

It’s already half past 6 and most of the people already left the office and I’m still stuck doing a little bit of paperwork. I looked over and saw Jinyoung was still at his desk, typing away.

Time ticking and I was only halfway through my work. I need a break…so I got up and went to the pantry and get myself a mug of hot coffee…that should get me through. When I came back to my desk, I saw Jinyoung was leaning against his chair, with his eyes closed. He’s probably taking a short nap…as an assistant Editor-In-Chief; he got as much work as Mr. Kim, and I never heard him complaining even once since I started here. The other people seem to like him, especially the girls since he was very nice.

I stared at his face and I have to admit, he is one good looking guy…must’ve broken one or two men hearts before. Strangely, I think I’ve seen his face before…I just couldn’t remember when or where.

Jinyoung POV

I woke up from my nap when I heard something falling on the floor. I looked and saw Mark picking up a stack of files.

“Sorry…did I wake you?” he said, picking up the last file and walked to his desk.

“It’s okay…I have to get up eventually though…” I saw a mug filled with coffee on my desk. “Did you…” I lifted up my mug.

“Yeah…I figured that probably need some caffeine…I don’t know how you take your coffee so I just assumed that you like coffee with sugar…” he said, looking all shy…damn! He’s adorable scratching his head like that.

“Thanks…” I took a sip and it tasted good. “Just the way I like it…”

“Great…”

“What are you doing with the files?”

“I just wanted to see how the magazine flow these past few months…maybe I could get some ideas for our meeting…”

Ambitious and hardworking…a few of the qualities I liked in a man. Why do you have to be straight?

“Any luck with that?”

“I guess…I get a few ideas…”

“Good, good…just ask me if you need anything…”

“I will…”

“Thanks for the coffee…I like it…”

Mark POV

“Thanks for the coffee…I like it…” Jinyoung said, smiling, sipping the coffee I made.

It’s almost 9pm when Jinyoung and I left the office together. We had fun talking about almost anything and I find that Jinyoung is a very easy going person, much different when he is in his working mode.

“And Jackson got a big red dot on his forehead for a week…” he said, laughing.

“A week? I could only imagine his face back then…”

“It’s so freaking funny…that’s what they say; Momo could be savage when it comes to bets…”

“Have you? I mean…losing bet with Momo…”

“Um…I did…”

“What did you have to do?”

“Something…I’ll tell you some other time…”

We arrived at the parking lot and it turned out we parked next to each other.

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow…” he said, getting into his car.

Jinyoung POV

I drove away still thing about my conversation with Mark earlier.

“Have you? I mean…losing bet with Momo…what did you have to do?”

Cross dressing and meeting you at the club…if only I could say that out loud. Looks like the secret gonna get buried to the day I die.

 

Another update!!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!