5th First Kiss: Stalker

Twelve First Kisses

Rule Number 5:
Do not involve anyone. He will save you eventually.

~*~*~*~

YEONHEE STARTS TO feel the shortness of her breath. No matter how fast she tries to run and catch who's following her by looking back, she sees no one. And nothing. She can also hear sounds of shutter and sniggering around her but there's no one. Nothing.

She quickly entered the convenience store and waited for a few minutes if someone will enter as well. She walked backwards to further get inside the store while staring at the door. No one. And from there, she heaved a sigh in relief.

She pressed her hands together in front of her chest. "T-that's scary. W-who the hell will do that? And how come I can't see anyone? Is this a part of this dimension?" she said, talking to herself. She heaved another deep sigh to regain her normal breathing and after, starts to look for foods to serve as their breakfast for this morning.

She was busy while choosing between a ham or an egg sandwich when she again, heard sounds of a camera's shutter at her back. She immediately turned around to catch who that is while taking steps backwards. She starts to shiver because it's just that scary. Fear can be seen on her face. She doesn't know what to do and she doesn't even have any idea what that thing is who keeps on following her.

Soon, her back crushed on something and because of how frightened she is, she can't help but to close her eyes and let out a squeal.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" She wriggled her arms in defense and it caused for the items that she's holding to be thrown everywhere inside the store.

"YAH! WHAT'S HAPPENING THERE?!" The store attendant shouted.

"N-nothing, Sir!" A deep man's voice answered, who's also currently holding her arms to calm her down.

Yeonhee slowly opened her eyes. She immediately met his round and deep-looking eyes that's currently looking at her with judgement.

"D-D.O.?" Her eyes widened when she realized that it's really him. Another member of EXO that will play a role on this dimension she's currently at.

He deadpanned and let her go, causing her arms to drop. "I told you to stop calling me D.O." He rolled his eyes away from her.

"O-oh? But that's just too cute!" She thought regardless of the situation.

"I'm starting to get convinced that you really like that J.I. nickname even if I just created that to tease you back. Likes to share a couple nickname with me, huh? J.I. Joe sounds robotic more than D.O. Joe; don't you think?" he said and looked back at her. He sharply looked at her from her head up to her toes, clearly giving Yeonhee a hint that she's not in good terms with D.O. in this dimensionㅡthough the reason isn't clear yet to her.

He snorts. "What's even happening to you?" He raised an eyebrow. "Getting insane with studies? Should I give way for you this semester?"

Yeonhee's mouth gaped open. That sounds rude but she doesn't know how to fight back since, it's just her first time meeting him. What she's worried for now is that thing that keeps on following and bothering her since she left their house.

Despite of it, she cleared and tried to regain her posture. She even lifted her face while trying to look down at him. "W-well, I don't know w-what you're talking about. All I know is, I'm going to be the top this semester. Just wait and see." She retorted.

D.O. slowly shook his head and rolled his eyes after before turning his back at Yeonhee.

She clasped her fingers over her lips. "Oh, no. He's walking away! I need his help today!" She thought and immediately grabbed D.O.'s sleeve to stop him from walking. He quickly looked back at her.

"Uhm, well you see," she started, averting her eyes away from D.O. "I don't really know what's going on but I kinda need your help today." She scratched her neck, unsure of what's to say.

"What?" he plainly asked.

"S-someone, or something is following me since I left our house. What's creepy is, I can hear sounds of a camera's shutter and some giggles who seemed to came from someone who's crazy." She lifted her eyes to look at D.O., who's face is currently distorted. He might be confused because of what she's saying.

"This might be too much to ask since, I can feel that we aren't in good terms but," she pressed her hands together. "PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP! Could you walk with me up until we reached our house? Please?" She showed an awkward smile at D.O. who scrunched his face even more.

"W-what?! You're really asking me to walk you home?" he asked. Yeonhee nodded a couple of times.

After buying the items that they actually came for at the convenience store, they left together. Yeonhee was walking so close to D.O. and gets frightened every time she hears something weird around them.

All of a sudden, a cat ran across them that made her let out another squeal. "Wah!" She grabbed D.O.'s left arm while pressing her left hand on her chest. "Aish. What's wrong with that cat?!"

"I should ask now, what's wrong with you? You must be drinking a lot of coffee." He said.

Yeonhee shook her head. "No. I rarely drink coffee. I prefer drinks with milk instead." She replied and whispered to herself, "this is really driving me crazy."

"Ja, this is your house right?" They stopped in front of their house. Yeonhee let go of D.O.'s arm and look around to check if it is.

"Oh? Y-yes it is." She looks back at D.O. "How did you actually know?"

D.O. let out a mocking snigger and rolled his eyes away before answering. "My house is at the fourth street starting from the street where your house is at. I'll go now." He started walking away.

"T-thank you, DㅡI mean, Kyungsoo-ssi!" She shouts while waving at his direction.

"What take youㅡ"

"WAH!"

"So long. What's with your reaction?" Yeonhee looked at her brother who's currently frowning at her.

"I got scared because of your face. Let's go inside and take our breakfast now." She said and made sure that the gate is securely locked.

THAT NIGHT, YEONHEE can't figure out if she's just hearing things. It's like someone's throwing small rocks on her window. The first time it happened, she opened her room's window to check what it was and found nothing. Remembering that thing who's following her this morning, she locked all of her room's window and swore that she'll not open them again. She also tried to tell her mom about that incident that morning but, she can't understand why she can't find the words to say every time she attempts to explain. She just told them to lock everything and secured every window and door that can be a passage to go inside their house.

"I'm helpless." She said to herself while putting down her phone. She thought of contacting GaEun to ask for help but the line keeps on dropping.

It was late when she remembered about the cards. She immediately checks them and saw that another card changed.

She immediately checks them and saw that another card changed

It now has D.O.'s picture with his name, 'Do Kyung Soo'.

"Oh, the rule!" She said and turned the card, seeing another rule.

Rule Number 5:
Do not involve anyone. He will save you eventually.

"What does this mean? Same as rule number one? I can't even get help even with this creepy situation. This is unfair!" She stomped her feet while sitting at the end of her bed.

In the end, she fully laid her body on her bed while trying to figure out what she must do this time.

"He will save you eventually." She reads. "Does this mean, I can only depend my safety to D.O.? But I can't actually tell him what's happening." She sat up on her bed. "But I'm not in good terms with him. He looks annoyed at me. Should I do some taming? Aish!" She ruffled her own hair out of frustration and went back to lay down after.

"And I guess I'll be staying here for some more days."

THE FOLLOWING MORNING, Yeonhee woke up earlier than the time she set her alarm because of the beeps coming from her phone. She lazily sat up to check her phone.

Her sleep instantly went away upon seeing 100 messages from an unknown number, that she can tell, containing the same texts that goes:

A day to go ^^ it's our third year anniversary! I'm finally going to show you the most beautiful thing I've ever collected and you'll ever see. I'm excited to show it to you! :D Be okay in the next days. I LOVE YOU, JI YEON HEE.

She throws her phone on her room's floor and hugged herself. She rubbed her arms to ease the chills that she had upon reading the messages.

"I'm scared. What should I do?"

AT SCHOOL, AFTER Yeonhee goes to D.O. to actually try taming him for the first time, GaEun nudged her once she was sitting beside her.

"Yah. Since when are you in good terms with that Kyungsoo?" GaEun asked while whispering.

"Yesterday, when I ran into him at a convenience store and I had to ask for help." She shortly explained.

GaEun nodded. "Does it starts to follow you again?"

Yeonhee was surprised that she quickly turned her head to GaEun. "How did you know?"

GaEun's face turned surprised as hers. "Why can't I? I'm your best friend and we both witnessed it from the start, remember?"

"Ahhh. R-right." Yeonhee said.

"So, tell me about that Kyungsoo. Did he finally treat you well than before?"

"Well, I'm not sure. He surely rolls his eyes away from me very often but, I can't quit on him. I need his help." She explained.

"Ohhh. He might think that it's your tactic just to snatch the first place on him this semester." GaEun teased. Yeonhee looked back at her friend, thinking that she might be right.

She felt that D.O. was trying to be aloof with her when she tried to talk to him a while ago to thank him and ask him to be her friend from now on.

ON THE LOCKER rooms during their break time, GaEun tells Yeonhee more about the stalker that she has. More of making her remember what it's actually doing during all of these time. Like retelling her the story and giving her disgusted reactions about it.

"And remember that dress that your stalker gave you?" GaEun said while she's busy reorganizing her locker. Yeonhee stands beside her.

"How many times do I have to mentally say that I don't remember because I don't originally belong to this dimension?" She thought. "Y-yeah. It's creepy."

"BINGO!" She punched her palm. "Your stalker has a bad taste. A long, laced black dress. Does he even think that you'll look beautiful while wearing that? More of a funeral if you will." She reacted and goes back on fixing her locker.

Yeonhee hugged herself and rubbed her arms. Knowing some of what her stalker did so far is enough for her to shiver with fear.

GaEun noticed Yeonhee and so she discontinues what she's doing to grab Yeonhee's shoulders. "Yah. Are you okay?" she asked, seeing her friend shaking.

"G-GaEun-ah. I'm scared." Her eyelids as well starts to tremble. starts to hurt trying to stop her tears but it's a traitor to her.

GaEun hugged her to calm her down. "Shhh. I am here. That's why I'm always with you, just like how you never left me, right?" She held her at arm's length and smiled at her while wiping her tears.

Yeonhee nodded and tried to smile back at her.

"Ja! I'm done with my locker. Aren't you going to get anything from yours?" she said, facing her locker again to lock it.

Yeonhee first wiped the tears left on her face. "Ah, right. Our book in Physics." She went in front of her locker to open it and found a freshly made caramel shake inside. "Oh? Why do I have this here? Anyways, I'm feeling thirsty." She talked to herself before grabbing the drink. She bit the straw and before she even sips into it, GaEun shoved it away from her hand.

Yeonhee was shocked to see the drink spilled on the floor. She looked back at GaEun with a surprised face while her brows scrunched together.

"G-GaEun-ah?"

"YAH. That's from your stalker. Did you already sip something?" She worriedly asks.

Yeonhee's eyes widened and shook her head as an answer. GaEun let out a sigh.

"Well, that's good. Yeonhee, be careful. We can't be sure. What if there's a love potion in there? Or something that will make you lose your consciousness?" GaEun said. She goes in front of Yeonhee's locker to check it if there's still anything before closing it after grabbing the book that she needs.

"We'll just ask the school's utility for a new lock. Let's just reason out that you lost your keys again. Let's go." GaEun grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the locker room.

Because of what happened yesterday and while they are at their school's locker room, GaEun decided to send Yeonhee home when the classes ended.

While they are walking, GaEun was first to notice that Kyungsoo was walking ahead of them. She nudges Yeonhee to mention it to her.

"Yah. There's Kyungsoo. Do you think we can walk with him?" she asked.

Yeonhee looked at D.O.'s direction and back at GaEun to give her a nod. They walked faster to catch up with him. Yeonhee tapped him on his shoulder and he immediately looked back. He also stops from walking.

"What?" he deadpanned.

"N-nothing. We're just wondering if we can walk with you?" Yeonhee replied.

GaEun waved at him that stole his attention. "Kim GaEun-ssi. Isn't your house at the opposite direction?" he asked.

"Ah, yeah. I'm just here to send Yeonhee home." She replied and they started walking.

"Was it because of that same reason you told me yesterday?" D.O. asked Yeonhee while looking at the road. Yeonhee nodded, but realizing that he isn't looking at her, she verbally replied.

"I mean, yes. Something happened again when we're at school." She replied.

"Yeah, she's right. Actually she's been followed for almost two years nowㅡ" GaEun stopped talking when Yeonhee nudged her.

D.O. once again stopped walking to face the two of them. "Is that the reason why you're being friendly at me?" he asked.

Yeonhee firstly looked at GaEun while GaEun signaled her to tell the truth to him. Yeonhee nodded first. "Yeah. Sorry. S-since we are just walking the same path home. And of course, I think there's no reason for us to be not friends, right? Aside from studies?" she explained.

D.O. chuckled. The both of them were surprised and exchanged look. GaEun was surprised the most because it's the first time that they saw him smile. "I get it. Aside from studies. Right." He said and started walking again. The two followed him. They both smiled knowing that D.O.'s willing to be their new friend.

"Maybe this will lead him to me. Hehe." Yeonhee thought while trying to look up at D.O. to have a glance of his face. His face looks relaxed now than a while ago. More friendly than before and of course, handsome as ever. Her smile is actually because of D.O., a member of EXO, that's going to be their friend, no matter how long Yeonhee was supposed to stay on this dimension. As long as Yeonhee knows that her mission, to have a close connection with him, was now accomplished.

"Aren't you planning to tell your situation to the police?" D.O. asked.

"Yeah. I already suggested that to her. She's even afraid that her mother will find out about that ugly stalker." GaEun said.

D.O. let out a small laugh. "Ugly? Have you seen whoever it is?"

"No. And, I just don't want anyone else to get involved and make this problem bigger." Yeonhee explained. "Ja! Thank you for the two of you. I got home safe and sound." She quickly bowed. "Take care." She smiled and waved at the both of them. GaEun smiled and waved back before leaving while D.O. starts to walk his way.

When Yeonhee turned to face their house, she saw her mother. Her arms were crossed in front of her chest and her right foot repeatedly stomps the ground.

"M-Mom, what's the problem?" she asked while approaching her mother.

"Someone left you a big package. We haven't opened it yet but, I'm wondering from whom is that?"

"H-huh?" she reacted before going inside of their house. She saw her brother's frowning face first while he's staring at the box.

"The delivery man said that the sender did not provide any details." Her mother explained.

Yeonhee knew that it was from her stalker. It was a big brown box having just a red ribbon wrapping it. Thinking that it's from that creepy stalker made her shake.

"T-that is... MY PACKAGE OF EXO! R-right." She reasoned out while trying to grin at her mother.

"What? This big? Yah!" Her mother shouted that made her twitch.

"I knew it! Why are you still wasting money on them?! Save money for yourself!" She added and hit her at her . "Bring that trash to your room!"

The box wasn't that heavy and she was able to carry it up on her room. She first changed her clothes into her pajamas and sat on her bed while facing the big box. Now she's having a debate with herself if she will open it or not.

She took a deep breath. "I wish D.O. could be by my side whenever I need him in times like this. Or GaEun. She'll kick this thing out immediately."

She stood up from sitting on her bed and grabbed one of the ribbon's tail. Curiosity defeated her. She pulled the ribbon and covered herself when something suddenly popped out from it. She wasn't sure what it was and tried her best to avoid making any noise. Minutes have passed, she's still on the same position. She peeked and saw that, it was actually balloons. Red ones.

She sighed. "That stalker is seriously giving me a heart attack." She braces herself upon going near the box and found an item inside. She picked it up. It was a long laced purple dress with a note hanging at the end.

It was a long laced purple dress with a note hanging at the end

When I first saw you, you are wearing an all-black outfit. I then thought that you like the color black. I just recently found out that you like purple. I will like purple, too! I will like every-thing that you like. Even those guys that you like, I will like them, too. Please wear this when we meet and I will wear something like them. I know you will like me too if I will wear something like them. Soon, you will love me because I will show you something amazing. You will love me because I can do anything for you. I LOVE YOU, JI YEON HEE.

She throws it back inside and ran out of her room while weeping. She covers to lower down the noise coming from her sob. She decided to go to her mother's room when she finally calmed down. She directly went beside her mother who's already laying on her bed.

"Yah, what are you doing here? Go back to your room!" She shouts but, Yeonhee hugged her on her body instead.

"Mom, I'm going to sleep beside you tonight."

"AND WHY?!" she asked. Yeonhee didn't answered back. She just buried her face on her mother's body and tried to forget about those creepy things that's happening to her.

She heard her mother sighed and after a while, she hugged her back. "Yeonhee-ya. This is weird. You're all grown up and you're cuddling with your mom just like when you're just a five-year-old kid."

Yeonhee just listened and a thought came on her mind. "I missed my mom. I wish to go back to my own reality soon so I can do this again to mom. To my reality where she will say the same thing but, we will remember this for the rest of our lives because it is happening for real."

"If you're doing this because of that ih-eks-ow package," she sighed. "Aish, you, brat. Just don't spend that much again on them! They don't even know you. They won't even take a bullet for you when someone shoots you."

Yeonhee chuckled. "It's not like that, Mom. I'm just idolizing them. Don't worry, I won't spend that big on them again." She said and soon, the both of them drifted to sleep.

YEONHEE startled when she opened their gates. She saw a man standing while facing the other way. That stalker really makes her feel nervous whenever, wherever.

The guy was wearing earphones and his hands were both inside his pockets. She knows that it's D.O. and she was actually surprised because he's here.

She tapped him on his shoulder and he immediately turned to face her. He first removed one earphone from his ear and smiled at her. HE JUST SMILED AT HER.

Her eyes went round while he's approaching her. "Why do you look surprised?" he asked.

"H-huh? I'm... I'm not." She scratched her head. "But, DㅡI mean, Kyungsoo-ssi. Why are you here?"

"Let's walk together going to our school." He said and pointed a finger up. "And don't misunderstood this. I am your rival when it comes to studies." He puts back his hand on his pocket and they started walking.

"You still look afraid." He said. Not bothering to look at her while talking to her.

Yeonhee nodded. "Actually something happened after you and GaEun sent me home. I received a package. I knew it from the start that it's from that whoever that person is."

"Really? What's in the package?" he plainly asked.

"It wasn't actually something scary. It was a dress. And the sender said that he wants me to wear it. That's the fact that scares me the most. I don't actually know who's sending those." She explained.

"Ahh." D.O. nodded a couple of times. "So it isn't really because you don't like the items. It's because you don't know the sender?"

Yeonhee nodded. "Something like that."

D.O. gave a light tap on her shoulder. "Don't worry. I'm here." He said.

He said it in a plain tone of his voice. But the words meant a lot to Yeonhee. D.O. might still be a little distant at her but she can feel that he cares. She was at ease for the rest of the day, holding into those words that D.O. said to her. Though he did not directly mention, Yeonhee knows that it was an assurance that he will also protect her.

"There you go. Please take care of the keys this time." The utility man said.

"Neh! Thank you." Yeonhee said. The two of them bowed at him before he left the locker room.

"I don't know how can that ugly stalker have an access on your locker every time. I know it will again take him a month before he can actually send you something weird again." GaEun said while Yeonhee opens her locker.

"I guess next time I'll just stop using a locker." She shrugs. The bell rang signaling that break time is almost over. GaEun quickly closed her locker and so did Yeonhee after she grabbed the book that they need for the next subject.

She stopped when she saw a purple envelope that dropped from the book. Battling between picking it up or leaving it there, in the end, she left it and ran to catch up with GaEun.

Yeonhee forgot to tell GaEun about the letter up until dismissal time. They waited for D.O. so they could walk home together.

"Wow. If it's not a bad thing, I will be amazed by that stalker's ability to find ways just to give you things and such." GaEun said and sips on her drink after.

"Me, too." D.O. also commented. "That person might really like you, Yeonhee-ssi." He also took a sip on his drink.

"Well... I don't know. Maybe things will be better if that person introduced himself to me instead of doing things anonymously." Yeonhee answered. She looked back at the two of them when they finally reached Yeonhee's house.

"Thanks for sending me home again. I am willing to treat you drinks for this." She stuck her tongue out and smiled at them after.

"Thanks for this," D.O. lifted his drink for a while. "I'll be going first now." He said and turned his back to the two of them.

"Ja! Go inside your house first." GaEun said. Yeonhee nodded and when she faced their gate, her smile faded. GaEun noticed that Yeonhee remained standing there for so long so, she went beside her.

"Yeonhee, what's wrong?" she asked.

Yeonhee turned to her. Her face shows that she's afraid. GaEun noticed that a purple envelope was clipped in-between the door of their gate. She pulled it and before she could even open it, Yeonhee stopped her by holding her hand.

"Let's just let this go." Yeonhee said.

"This is too much." She replied. She opened the purple envelope and pulled out the purple paper and they can smell its fruity scent.

Yeonhee, today is our day. Today is our third year and we will finally meet. I want you to know that I earned my courage within these past few years. Please do not disappoint me. We should meet. Just the two of us. I'm afraid I'll cause trouble when someone got involved aside from the two of us. Meet me at the playground on your place, 6 p.m. Please wear that beautiful dress. I'm sure it will look beautiful on you. I am waiting for you and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, JI YEON HEE.

Love,
EXO.

"WHAT?! What the hell is with this man?! He still has the gut to use our oppa's group's name and call himself 'EXO'?! He is disgusting and a creep! Huh! In his dreams!" GaEun hysterically reacted. She grabbed Yeonhee on her shoulders and shakes her.

"Yah, Yeonhee. We must now tell this to the police, okay? Do not be afraid this time! This is too much! We will be meeting him together with the policemen at sixㅡ"

Yeonhee gasped when she saw GaEun falling down when something hit her. "OMO, GAEUN!" She even tried to catch her but a pair of arms grabbed her from her back and covered her nose. She immediately lost her consciousness after smelling what's on the cloth.

~*~*~*~

PLACE YOUR BETS!

JOKE.

I didn't intend to hang you, IN CASE YOU'RE AN EARLY BIRD AND I HAVEN'T POSTED THE PART TWO OF THIS CHAPTER. I will post the next part immediately after I finished writing it. I didn't expect that this chapter will take this long (It's fcking 6k words and counting). I'm not being biased xD Minseok is my bias LOL.

HOW WAS IT SO FAR? I gave hints ^^ comment your reaction or personally comment on that specific part where you figured out who that person is.

I WILL GET BACK ON YOU FAM.

Xoxo,
SaicosCat.