The Fairy God Mother.

Twelve First Kisses

“YOU’RE CHOOSING ALREADY?”

Yeonhee immediately shifted her look to where the voice came from.

It’s a very familiar voice and she can’t be wrong. “GA EUN-AH!”

Yeonhee quickly run to where she saw GaEun, who’s peeking behind a galaxy-like curtain. She welcomed Yeonhee with a big smile and hugged her once Yeonhee got to where she is currently standing.

As soon as Yeonhee reached GaEun’s arms, she hugged her back and begin to cry since, she went missing during her last encounter with the last EXO member.

“Shhhh. Don’t cry, will you? Everything is okay.” GaEun assured.

“Y-you don’t have any idea. Everything is certainly not okay. E-everything is a big mess, and everthing is not what it supposed to be ever since I made a wish on that defective shooting star.” She sobbed.

“Shhhh. Come on, let us sit here first.” Ga Eun said and guided her to sat down with her on a white, metal bench.

Yeonhee suddenly snapped out and realized that there is no bench a while ago. Also, she realized just now, why is GaEun here?

“Right. Why are you here, GaEun? And… aren’t you scared because we are here, in this unknown place, we don’t have any idea and I don’t een know how did I get here.” Yeonhee explained, checking the surroundings to see if something weird will happen soon.

GaEun remained smiling at Yeonhee. She held both of her hand and took a deep breath before talking. “I’ve never been afraid since you decided to become my friend. Everyone, as in every person who’s getting to know me was either scared or would start calling me weird names before. They would throw things at me just to shoo me away. They would push me, just so they can run away from me. And Yeonhee…” she lightly squeezed her hands.

“Yeonhee-ssi. You are the only person who did not thought of me as someone bad. You were by my side since then. You became my friend. You are my best and only friend. You’re not like them. You did not avoid me just because I can talk to ghosts. Monsters. Black entities or even the kind ones. My tarots. My potions. My rituals. I am the last one and the only heiress that is left here in this world that can do these things. And I would like to show that knowing these things doesn’t mean that I will hurt anybody. But sometimes, because of people’s stereotype, we are often misunderstood.”

GaEun started to tear up as well. “Mianhae. I’m really, really, sorry, Yeonhee-ssi. I just wanted to give something in return to you. When I heard you wishing, I couldn’t help but to grant it. I felt your yearnings. Because you wished using your heart.”

Yeonhee remained looking at her friend while tears just dropped and slide at her cheeks. “G-GaEun-ah… is that… all true? You did this just for me?”

Though tears are falling from her eyes, GaEun managed to do a nod to answer her friend.

“But tell me,” Yeonhee grabbed her shoulders. “Tell me, would there be a consequence? You know, usually on movies. And nothing is free now.”

GaEun remoed Yeonhee’s hands on her shoulder and placed it on her friend’s lap. She firstly dried her tears before showing a smile at her friend and before she answer.

“Let’s not talk about those things. Ja! I want to know. Who do you want to choose among them? I can surely give you one of them permanently. Without cause a conflict. I practiced a lot during your time with them. I can definitely do this one for you now.”

“Wait. Don’t you think, this is a bot unfair? How about those people who also likes them? Who also like a specific member among them? What will happen after I choose? And, I don’t know as well if I can. I feel that, I will be selfish if I do this.” Yeonhee explained. She averted her eyes away from her friend upon realizing what will happen if ever she will really choose.

“As what I’ve said, I got this. Everything. All these time, you are just busy with studies. Taking care of your Mom and your brother. Accompanying me everywhere, everytime. EXO makes you happy. But that’s it. We chase them, but they can’t be chased if we will just do the ordinary. And I promise you, everything will now be okay after this. Now is the time for you to be happy.” GaEun clarified.

Yeonhee looked back at her. She still can’t convince herself to change what is supposed to be just because she wanted to be happy. “If ever that… I will agree. I will choose. What exactly will happen?”

GaEun smiled once again. “Once you choose, you will regain all the memory you have with them. From the first time you met them on that dimension, up until that last scene you had with them.”

Yeonhee nods, but after realizing her every last scene with each of the members, she started blushing. GaEun giggled and even elbowed her, teasing because of what’s waiting for her once she made adecision.

“Well, I… I think I need more explanation?” Yeonhee said and scratched the back of her head.

“Sure thing! For the members, they will also regain their memory for that dimension. They will forget all about what their life is as an EXO member. Their life even before becoming an EXO member will connect, depending on what role they had when you met them. Also, those who also likes that member will entirely forget him and will know nothing about his existence. In short, he will be all yours and you will decided what will happen next.” GaEun explained further.

“And… how about you?” Yeonhee asked. She is hoping that nothing bad will happen just in case that GaEun will do these things for her.

“Well… Yeonhee. To avoid conflicts,” she averted her eyes away from her. Like, also avoiding to see Yeonhee’s reaction once she revealed the consequences. “Well… you will just forget all about this. All about your memories with each of them. My ability to change and alternate the universe. Just those things. Including me.”

“NO.” Yeonhee firmly responded. “I knew it, GaEun-ah. There’s always a consequence. And I cannot agree with that. You will leave me? But I won’t let that to happen!”

“No! No, that’s not true. I will always be beside you. I can assure you that one.” GaEun once again reached for her friend’s hands. “Everything will be fine after you choose. I promise that. I will also be fine. I love being your friend and that’s the most, ever, normal but amazing thing that has ever happened to me.”

Yeonhee started sniffin when GaEun pulled her for another hug. They cried on each other’s shoulder before they bid goodbye to each other later.

Yeonhee, after choosing, will forgot everything about this whole experience. She will be fine, yes. Everything regarding that specific dimension will appear like it’s fine. It’s normal. Because that will be the usual set-up of their lives once she decided to choose. That will be her normal lifeㅡwithout GaEun.

“I can’t do this. I’m sorry, I can’t.” Yeonhee let go of their hug. She wiped her tears and started walking away from the white metal bench.

GaEun followed her to explain this one thing that she forgot to inform her. “There’s no other exit. There’s no other way.”

Yeonhee stopped from walking. She slowly looked back at her friend who’s also trying to dry her tears.

“This ritual is what’s written. This is the only ritual that we have in this world regarding wishes. You have to bring one person out of this room for you to have an exit. And I’m so sorry to drag you to decide in this situation. I hope you will understand that I just wanted to make you happy.” She weakly shrugged her shoulders.

From afar, Yeonhee stares at GaEun. Might be staring to have a last look at her. She will miss her always short hair. Her chinky pretty eyes. Her wide smile. Her laugh. Their giggling time when they fangirl together.

“You said… I have to choose. Right? I have to choose one person to exit with me in this place. Correct?” Yeonhee asked while still staring at GaEun.

GaEun managed to respond a nod. She’ll also miss Yeonhee for sure. But in return for the friendship that she offered to her, she wanted to make her happy. And granting this one wish will not hurt her as long as she will see that Yeonhee is happy. “Ja! Yeonhee, please choose now. I’ll grant you your wish. One EXO member, coming right after you chooseㅡ”

GaEun stopped and was surprised when Yeonhee rushed to her and held her wrist to pull her lightly.

“Nah. I don’t wanna miss you. So I choose you, Naui chingu.