Episode 5: Family Dinnerㅡlike

EXO Next Door + 2

THEY are setting up the table when they heard the door unlocked and swung open.

"It's them!" Sehun jumped in place a couple of times before running towards the door. Yeonhee and D.O. continued to set up the table and just wait for Sehun to bring the guys at the dining room.

It seems like someone's having a birthday party or they're celebrating a feast because of how full the table is. From an appetizer meal up to the dessert and special drinks that they have prepared.

"Iyaah. I wonder if we can finish eating all of this? It's quite plenty." Baekhyun commented as he tried to pick one fried chicken fillet but D.O. swatted his hand away. He rubbed the back of his swatted hand on his chin. "That hurts! I'm just going to taste it." He pouted at D.O. who readied his hand to hit Baekhyun again.

"Can't you wait? They're already here. Anyway, what's taking them so long? It's not like, Kai's still on a bed or something." D.O. said and right after, the other members started popping in from the door.

First, Xiumin, who beamed at the three of them as soon as he entered the dining area.

"Wow! Did you all prepared this? Is someone having a birthday? Is it your birthday, Incheon-ttae?" He said wearing his usual cute grin. Yeonhee just smiled at him and lightly shook her head. Xiumin also tried to pick a piece of chicken but D.O. stopped him by holding his wrist.

"Ey, hyung."

Xiumin just chuckled and nodded. "Arasseo."

"So they picked you guys first. The reason why they arrived later than I expected."

Xiumin nodded. "Suho said you're preparing something. But we didn't expect it this plenty."

Next to enter the dining was Sehun and Suho who's helping Kai. Lay and Chen was following them and assisting their backs.

"WOW THERE'S SO MANY FOOD OUT HERE!" Chen noisily commented and greeted the rest of them.

"Wow, don't say that this is all for me?" Kai said while he amazingly looks at all of the food in front of him.

"This is for everybody. And a celebration for being discharged from the hospital." D.O. answered and all of them gathered around the table and took their seats.

"Noona," Kai called and Yeonhee looked at him and smiled.

"Yes?"

"By looking at all of this, I know that you did a big part for this. Thank you." He smiled back at her and offered his hand for a high-five.

She gladly tapped his hand before answering. "It's nothing. I'm happy to help and I am happy that you're now okay." She again smiled at him.

D.O. was beside Yeonhee, who's beside Kai. He just observed the two and let Kai thank her for helping with all of the preparations. He looked at his other side when he felt an elbow hit the side of his body. He saw Baekhyun smiling sheepishly at him.

"What?" His eyebrows were scrunched up upon asking Baekhyun who started giggling.

"Are you... You know. Jealoㅡ" he popped a slice of meat into Baekhyun's mouth to stop whatever he wants to say.

"I'm not. Stop that before you create an unnecessary gossip here. And, did you just elbowed me? So your arm is now okay?"

Baekhyun's face turned blank as he munch on that slice of meat and strongly shook his head before answering. "No. I used the side of my . This," He showed it to D.O. who just rolled his eyes away from Baekhyun.

"Ja! Let's just enjoy this night, without any worries. Just like a normal family whom, let's just say, had a sudden reunion. We did not expect this feast-like dinner so, thank you Kyungsoo and Incheon-ttae for your hard work." Suho expressed and all of them clapped.

It always looked like a speech for Yeonhee whenever Suho is speaking or announcing something. She just thought that, maybe leaders really speak that way. Also, she again thought that he sounds like a mother giving gratitude for taking care of his children.

They began eating and sharing stories to each other, about what's currently happening on their lives and how their day had gone.

"Yah, Incheon-ttae." Yeonhee looked at the direction where she heard someone called her name. He saw Sehun while holding two plates with foods from their table.

"Ah, are you going to give that to Yeonhee's brother?" D.O. asked.

Sehun happily nodded. "I'm done eating, by the way. And we might have left overs so I want to share these foods." He turned his gaze back at Yeonhee. "Incheon-ttae, tent or house?" He asked.

"Uhm..." She unconsciously touched her philtrum upon thinking. "He's probably inside the house by now because it's getting dark. Actually the heater on his tent suddenly acted up and won't work so, yeah," she nodded and put down her hand, "I think he's inside our house now."

"I get it." He smiled and as soon as Yeonhee finished answering, he immediately left.

"Wow. Sehun is so close to your brother." Lay commented after following Sehun go out by looking at him. He looked at Yeonhee and gave a smile before drinking his soda.

"I think he should sleep now. His eyes seemed to close anytime." She thought before answering: "Uhh. Yeah. Something like that."

"I also think that Sehun and Yeonhee's brother is closer than Yeonhee and her brother, isn't it?" Chen tried to tease and she just replied with an awkward smile.

"Me too." Xiumin commented and so does Baekhyun.

Their attention was shifted to Kai when they saw them standing up.

"Where are you going?" Suho also stood up to assist Kai.

"Relax. I'm just going to the bathroom. I can walk by myself." Kai assured them as he held the crutches on both of his side.

"Are you sure? I'm done eating. I can go with you if you want." Xiumin offered and stood up after wiping his lips with a table napkin.

"I'm fine, Xiumin hyung." He smiled at Xiumin and everyone before leaving the room.

"He might feel that he's a burden that's why he doesn't want to accept our help." Chen worriedly said as he looks at where Kai went.

"I think we should just let him. We'll just help him if we see that he needs it and he ask for it. Right?" Lay commented and gave a warm smile to everyoneㅡwith his sleepy eyes.

"I think he should drink coffee instead." Yeonhee again thought when her look averted at Lay.

"Yeonhee." She moved her look away from Lay when D.O. called her.

"Hm?"

"Are you worried about Kai?" he asked, almost in a whisper. "You seemed to be having a deep thought. Is it because of him?"

"Ohh. Not really. But I'm a bit worried about him, too." She replied. "What made him say that? When I'm actually thinking about this sleepy Lay in front of me. I'm bothered because he might fall asleep and bump his head into the table anytime." She thought.

"You're spacing out again. Are you sure you're okay?" She got back from her senses after her thoughts about Lay when D.O. asked her again.

"Maybe she's tired from all of the preparation and cooking?" Baekhyun suddenly joined their conversation and tapped Yeonhee on her shoulder. Suddenly, everyone's attention was now on her.

"Wow, Baekhyun. What did you just do? Now they're all looking at me!" She thought as her cheeks turned pink.

"I think she is." Chen commented.

"Once you're done eating, you can leave this onto me, Incheon-ttae. I'll clean tonight." Suho offered and gave her a tap on her shoulder.

"She worked hard on preparing, too. You should rest." Xiumin said and gave a sympathetic smile at her.

"She looks really tired. She's blushing, look. Her cheeks looks like cherries." Lay commented and even point at her. Everyone looked at him as well as Yeonhee who's eyes went wide. She covered her cheeks with her hands. Now everyone's look shifted on her.

"I knew it, I'm blushing! What should I do?!" She panics in her thought as she shifts glances around the room.

D.O. tried to answer for her. "Lay hyung. It's not like that. Y-yeah maybe she's tired, we should let her go home now. Yeonhee," D.O stood up and Yeonhee immediately followed.

"I c-can go home by myself." She told D.O. and quickly bowed at each one of them before dashing out of the dining room as they followed her by looking.

"Ohh. I think she needs to sleep now, too." Lay said and got elbowed by Chen.

"Hyung, you don't need to point that out to Yeonhee. You know," Baekhyun positioned himself and move his face closer to the others.

They did the same aside from D.O. who's arms were crossed while giving a judging look at Baekhyun.

"She's very sensitive and she blushe's most of the time. She even blushes' more if you point it out to herㅡ" Baekhyun stopped talking when he felt a thud at the back of his head.

"That hurts! You don't have to hit me there, you know." He complained while scratching the part of his head that had been knocked by D.O.

"You're gossiping about her." D.O. eyed him and the rest of them sat properly on their seats. Afraid of being dissed by D.O. "Remember that you just made her feel embarrassed earlier. You did it again."

"What, me? It's Lay hyung!" Baekhyun defended and point at Lay.

"Me? Why? What did I do?" Lay said. His shoulders shrugged up while wondering when he knew he did nothing wrong.

"Eyy, Lay is so dense. He'll not know that." Xiumin commented and stood up to help Suho on cleaning the table.

"Seriously, Kyungsoo. Why me?" Baekhyun tapped D.O.'s shoulder when he turned his back on him.

D.O. faced him with a serious expression. Baekhyun was slightly taken aback. The fact that he is older than D.O. but he immediately shuts up when D.O. gives him random glares.

"I swear, it's not me." He almost said it in a whisper to avoid gaining the attention of the other guys again. "But hey," he grabbed D.O.'s arms and dragged him away from the others but they're still within the dining area.

"A while ago, you were asking her if she's worried about Kai, right?"

"And so?" D.O. plainly said.

"You keep on blaming us! What if that's really the reason why she blushed? Because she's actually thinking about, " he first checks if someone's near them who might hear what he's about to say. None. Everyone's gathered at the sink aside from the two of them. "Kai. She's worried about Kai that much?" Baekhyun's tone suddenly sounded like he's excited. Like a teenager talking about a romantic drama series.

"Everyone is. Stop your nonsense." D.O. scoffed.

"Yah. Are you jealous?" Baekhyun, once again teased upon seeing D.O's unpleased facial expression.

"Aish! I said I'm not!" He was about to go and help the others when they suddenly heard,

"AHHHHHHH!"

A girl's voice. It was followed by groanings that seems like in pain.

Everyone suddenly stop what they're currently doing and exchanged glances at each other.

D.O. knew that it was Yeonhee's voice so he immediately rushed outside the dining room. The others followed him.

The scene that they saw next left their jaws swung open while their eyes almost popped out of their eyeball sockets.

~*~*~*~

Whoooops. A little cliffhanger. FORGIVE ME HEHE. What do you think, what did they saw?

I'd like to say thank you for reading up to here *u* though, I'M SURE that there are some gramatical errors and I'm just working on it by this work ^^ I used to be good at grammars and narrations :V BUT using my native language and it's on the character's pov. I'm trying to use first POVs now. My talents rusted LoL

BOW.