Episode 14: Placing Bets to Start the Competition

EXO Next Door + 2

“INCHEON-TTAE!” Baekhyun called when he saw Yeonhee going out of their house. He waved at her and signaled to come near him.

“Baekhyun-ssi? Why are you here?” Yeonhee opened their gate. “Oh! It’s Baekhyun. I think I can tell him what Kai’s been asking me to do for him. Ja! I will tell him now.”

“Ah, right! I have something to tell youㅡ”

“Incheon-ttae, let’s go on a vacation in China.”

Yeonhee was surprised by what Baekhyun suddenly said. Her words suddenly backed off to go out of .

Baekhyun seemed to also be surprised because of what he suddenly blurted out upon seeing Yeonhee. “Uhm. W-what I m-mean isㅡthe guys were planning to go to China for our fan meeting. We are also going to see Chanyeol’s movie on its premier night. We just thought that you should come with us as a vacation. And you don’t need to worry because, as a treat, you won’t be needing to spend a single thing. It’s because of the help that you gave us.” He scratched the back of his neck after explaining.

“Ahh. I-is that so? Well, I… would love to.” She suddenly felt shy because of the fact that they actually want to repay her back just because of helping them to clean their house. She lowers her head down, to avoid Baekhyun seeing her blushing cheeks. “But I have to go and ask my Mom first.”

“Okay. We will wait for your answer until tonight. By the way, where are you supposed to go?” he asks and tried peeking into her face.

She looked up again to see Baekhyun waiting for her answer. “I thought of cleaning your house since, you’re going to your company today, right? And I thought that you’ve all left already.”

“Ahhh. Is that so? But, it’s okay if you will be taking a day off today. We cleaned everything yesterday and the house is still looking fine and okay.” He assured and gave her a simple smile.

She slowly nodded. “Okay.” And gave him back a smile when suddenly, she remembered about Kai’s favor. “Right! I almost forgot.”

“Uhm, Baekhyun-ssi,”

“Yes?”

“Actually, I’ve been trying to tell this to you since yesterday. But I am being cut by things and such. I wanted to tell you something about Kai,”

“Kai? What does she have to say about Kai?” His brows started to crease together.

“Kai is actually worried that you might be misunderstanding him lately. Please don’t tell this to him, that we talked about him. It will be better if he will not know it.

“I know that you guys have been together for years, and I don’t want me to be the one who will cause the both of you a misunderstanding. I just wanted to clear things up. Kai actually asked me a favor to help him while he recovers. He was actually worried that he will be a burden to you guys, who is also thinking about your own problems as well as, what is going on with your group these past few days.” She put a hand over Baekhyun’s left shoulder and pat it a couple of times.

“The things happening between us is either accidentally or a part of his favor that he asked from me. I hope that cleared something, Baekhyun-ssi. And I hope that you’re not really misunderstanding Kai because we are all friends, right?” She smiled and now, it’s Baekhyun’s time to blush.

“I-is that s-so? I… actually… it isn’t what I mean every time I am talking to Kai. It’s just… I… I just want to keep him away from a possible trouble. That’s all.” He forced a smile to ease the awkwardness that he is feeling. “Ja! I will be going now. And we will wait for your decision up until tonight. But I hope you will go with us.” He said and immediately turned his back to Yeonhee.

Baekhyun walked faster and away from Yeonhee’s house wherein on his way going back inside their house, Sehun appeared out of nowhere.

“Hyung, uhm… have you been to Yeonhee? Did you already ask her about our trip?” Sehun smiled while waiting for Baekhyun’s reply.

“Y-yeah. I haven’t got an answer though. But I said that we will be waiting for her decision until tonight. Let’s go inside to wait for our van.” Baekhyun walked past Sehun to go inside the house.

Sehun tilted his head while thinking deep about his hyung’s strange actions. “That is definitely not how Baekhyun hyung would normally act. And his face is blushing. I wanted to bet for him but, it’s like he’s also thinking twice to make a move like Kyungsoo. Unlike Kai. Kai will have my vote! He will be my candidate for Incheon-ttae.” He clapped his hand, agreeing to his own decision before he went inside the house as well.

Inside their van, Suho and D.O. were chatting about their fan meeting as well as the places that they wanted to visit to spend their free time during that day. They also planned the places that they wanted to go in case Yeonhee will agree to go with them to have a short vacation.

Sehun was sitting at the back seat while shifting glances to Kai who’s sitting at his front right and Baekhyun at his front left. He squinted at the both of them while wearing a sheepish smile on his face.

“Yah, Kai. How are you feeling today?” he asked.

Kai peeked back over his left shoulder to at least have a view of Sehun. “I’m okay. And I am doing fine unlike the past weeks. Why are you suddenly asking?”

Sehun shakes his head and smiled instead. Kai squinted at him, confused because of the strange act that he noticed from Sehun.

Sehun shifted his attention to Baekhyun, who’s looking outside their tinted car’s window. He again started smiling sheepishly. “How about you, Baekhyun hyung? How are you doing today?”

Baekhyun immediately rolled his eyes to look back at Sehun. Sehun stopped smiling when he noticed that Baekhyun’s brows were scrunched together, stating that he’s not really in the mood.

“Aish. What’s with you?”

“Nothing. I just wanna make sure that everything is fine.” Sehun answered while pouting.

“Stay quiet and everything will be fine.” Baekhyun retorts and he rolled his eyes away from Sehun.

Their fuss caught Suho and D.O.’s attention, who both looked back to peep at the three of them.

“Yah. What’s the matter with you, Baekhyun? Did something not nice came up?” Suho asked and Baekhyun answered him by just shaking his head from left to right a couple of times.

“Yah, why are you acting strange today. We all should be in a good mood since we will meet our fans soon. We will also have a chance to pay Yeonhee back and have a short vacation with her in case she agrees to go with us.” D.O. said.

Sehun once again grinned. “Ahhhh. These hyungs are starting to be obvious. Hahahahaha. I’m gonna ask for Gwangsu’s bet later when we got home.”

Yeonhee was almost done with cleaning when she noticed a closed door that she hasn’t cleaned yet. It was the room where Kai, Sehun and Suho is currently staying. It was Chanyeol’s room. She suddenly remembered Baekhyun’s news. That they were inviting her to have a short vacation in China. As well as attending Chanyeol’s movie premier for his first major big screen role.

“He did not even tell me that his movie will be showing soon. This is quite unfair if he wants me to be open to him about everything when he’s hiding something from me.” She said to herself and lazily open the door of his room after.

She saw that the bed sheets were in chaos and she expected it since there were the three of them, all guys, using this room. “If he’ll see this I’m sure I will be the one who will be scolded. That grumpy-runny-nose guy. Tsk.” She added. She fixed the bedsheets and dusts some furniture and stuff from Chanyeol’s room. She even wiped the instruments that wasn’t been played for a long time, she guesses.

It was almost dark when she finished cleaning the house. She gathered all of her cleaning materials and when she’s preparing to open the door, she heard a car engine stopped right in front of the house.

“I guess that’s them.” She said and quickly made her way out of the house.

She came across the members of EXO, including Lay, Xiumin and Chen, who’s all happily chatting each other.

“Oh! It’s Incheon-ttae!” Lay pointed at her and she waved her right hand to say hi to them.

“Hello. How are you all doing?”

“Yeonhee-ssi. Did you clean our house?” D.O. asked.

“Eyy. I told you a while ago to take a rest today.” Baekhyun cut into the conversation.

Yeonhee shyly smiled. “Sorry. I don’t have anything to do and, I just thought that, it would be nice if the time you will come home, your place is neat.” She answered and continued to smile.

“AIGOO. I HOPE I AM ALSO RESIDING IN THIS HOUSE SO I CAN EXPERIENCE INCHEON-TTAE’S CARE.”

“You wouldn’t want to experience that, hyung.” Sehun whispered but Chen looked back at him to ask.

“What did you say?”

“Oh! Nothing, hyung. I said that, yeah. She sometimes cooks for us too!”

“Woahh. I hope we can also have someone like Incheon-ttae in our dorm.” Xiumin commented.

Suho noticed that Yeonhee starts to blush. Knowing what’s the reason, he decided to stop the guys from giving compliments at her.

“Yah, yah. You all can go inside first. And Incheon-ttae. If it’s okay, I’d like to talk to you for a moment.” He said.

Yeonhee nodded a few times. “Sure.”

The other guys start to move towards the house. The both of them watched the members until they closed the door. Suho firstly looked at Yeonhee and gave a simple smile.

“I will never stop thanking you for taking care of our house whenever we are not here. Even if we do not ask you, you still do it. I’d like to know, what is the reason why you keep on helping us if I may ask that?”

“Reason? Why I clean their house? Shouldn’t it because they hired me as a house cleaner?” she thought. “Uhm. Actually. It’s just because you guys hired me as a helper. But, if I have to say another reason, I think it would be…” she took another glance at EXO’s house. A flashback showed on her mind. The memory was in sepia and the house looks like how it looks as for today. The only difference is, inside, there was Grandpa Park and Park Chan, her playmate.

Yeonhee suddenly showed a smile involuntarily. “This house. It’s not just a house nor the house where universal superstars currently live. This is GrandPa Park’s house. And the house where my childhood friend lives whom went gone for so many years without telling me the reason why. I also have memories inside that house. And I believe I am currently making some more with you guys.” She said and looked at Suho, to see that he is also smiling while looking at the house.

“Memories. I also believe that nothing can beat that.” Suho looked back at Yeonhee to tap her head for a couple of times. “Anyhow, this morning Baekhyun already told you about our trip, right? I know that, up until now you are a bit shy whenever you are around some of us. That’s why we are planning to book you another flight and a separate room.”

“O-ohh. Y-you don’t have to do that.” She said while waving her hands in front of her.

“We have to set everything tonight. And I am also here to ask for your decision.” Suho showed a warm smile at her. “Don’t worry. We will have it all in order this time. No more trouble or chaos.”

Yeonhee smiled and nod after.

WHILE inside the tent, Sehun and Gwangsu were analyzing the four candidates for Yeonhee. Sehun was helping Gwangsu to decide for his runner by showing him pictures of the four guys.

“So! My brother, who do you think will be good for your sister? I mean, just in case. We have here, our charismatic Chanyeol. Or you can also choose Baekhyun hyung. He’s quite popular with girls. And this isㅡ”

“The apron guy.” Gwangsu cuts.

Sehun deadpanned. “What.”

“I said, that is the apron maaan. I will bet for him. I saw that he cares for my sister. He even bought an herbal drink for her when she was sick.” He said, showing his usual frowning face that makes Sehun confused if he really wants to vote for D.O.

“D.O. is his name.” Sehun said.

“D.O.? That is obviously an alien’s name. But it’s okay if he’s an alien like you guys. What’s important is, he will be able to take care of my sister. She is just like that. An annoying and clumsy woman, but I know that she also deserves someone who can take good care of her when the time comes. Just don’t bring my sister with you in your planet.”

“Aigoooo.” Sehun went near Gwangsu to ruffle his hair and wrap his arms around his shoulder. “Okay. So D.O. a.k.a., apron man. Good luck with that, my chingu. I’m sure that Incheon-ttae will be with someone who will take care of her, just like what you said.”

“CAN I ALSO PLACE MY VOTE?!”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello faaaaaaaaaaaam. I won’t try to remind you for how long I wasn’t able to update this fic. I’m kinda having a hard time adjusting with my work xD especially, we don’t have a permanent schedule for the time and day. Huhu TT TT and I kinda feel frustrated because I can’t seem to make a nice chapter, both for this fic and the Twelve First Kisses. It’s like I suddenly forgot how to write. HAAAALPPPP. But no. Since I am just in the training phase on my job, I have to focus on our tasks to do first. This is seriously scaring the out of me. I need this job xD haha! Because, because of this job, I was able to buy my necessities as well as the things that I like to buy since then. I have to do a great job on my work ._. I hope you guys can understand that.

BUT I REALLY, WHOLE HEARTEDLY APPRECIATE ALL OF THE READS AND VOTES, as well as some of you guys are adding this fic on your reading lists TT__TT that was so sweet. I even saw a reading lists called “My Favs” like, seriously? This cliché fic that I am writing? I honestly appreciate that. You guys are the best!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! I hope to see you on the next chapter :)

BOW.

Lovelots, XoXo,

SaicosCat.

~*~*~*~*~*~

PROMOTE:

PLEASE visit my other story :)

Its title is "Twelve First Kisses" and it is a fantasy/romance story.

The story is based on the K-drama Seven first kisses where Kai is one of the leading man ^^

Same story concept but of course, different plot and characters. :)

I hope you could give that story a shot ;)