Episode 16: When your heart is courageous than you are

EXO Next Door + 2

EXHAUSTED. That is what Yeonhee is feeling the moment that they arrived at the hotel. She is currently at the hotel room with another stylist whose name is JaYoung. The moment that her body hits the bed, she felt like passing out because of tiredness.

"I bet you are tired. Your cousin told me that this is your first time travelling to China. They are really popular here that is why the number of fans are double the fans that send them off at Incheon Airport." She said while fixing her own luggage as well as EXO's outfits that they carried while travelling.

Yeonhee sat up while her brows are scrunched together. "C-cousin?"

JaYoung stopped to look at Yeonhee. "Yes. Your cousin JunMyeon informed me everything about you. You were currently neighbors with them on that house that Chanyeol's parent's own. He even informed me that you are helping the guys to manage their house. So lucky of them to have a helping friend like you."

"A-ahhh. Y-yes. I am helping my c-cousin and his friends." She answered. Yeonhee looked at the other side where JaYoung will not see her facial expression. She doesn't know how to react since Suho did not informed her that she will be his cousin for this act.

"And suddenly I am Suho's cousin?" she thought.

"Well, Yeonhee. I will just bring their clothes to their room. You can just take a rest here if you want. I will come back after this one."

"L-let me help you!" Yeonhee stood up to go and pick some of the boy's clothes that is hanged.

"Well, thank you. This will help me finish immediately. Their fan meeting will be tomorrow morning and they have to fit this tonight as well. I just hope that they aren't sleep yet. And by the way, those clothes that you picked belongs to Xiumin, Chen, D.O. and Baekhyun. They are all in one room. Their room number is 365, you can just turn to the left and you'll see their door number at the right side." JaYoung said. She smiled before leaving the room.

Yeonhee took a gulp. Not because she's exhausted but because she is a bit nervous to meet the others. WEIRD, it is. But it will be her first time joining the guys while they are doing work.

"Ja. I don't have to be nervous honestly. I will just give them their clothes." She talked to herself before going out of the room. She followed JaYoung's direction and the moment she found the door, she stopped in front of it to look at it.

"Uhm, excuse me? Are you guys still awake?" she said. She can't actually knock because she is basically carrying their clothes that is a bit heavy, that she has to hug all of it to avoid dropping the clothes.

"Uhm, I am here to bring your cloths for tomorrow." She once again said.

"I TOLD YOU SOMEONE IS SPEAKING OUTSIDE. GO LOOK AT WHO IT IS, BAEKHYUN!" She heard a voice. She smiled at the fact that, without seeing who that it, she knows who that loud voice belongs to.

"You, lazy kid, I'll get it. Just don't make a mess with your chips." The second voice made Yeonhee nervous as she heard that it is coming closer to the door.

Suddenly the door opened. A surprised face of Xiumin greeted her. Actually both of them looked surprised because of each other.

"Oh? Incheon-ttae, why are you carrying those?" he said and then he gets some of the clothes from Yeonhee's grip.

Yeonhee cannot answer. Seeing Xiumin, he is actually wearing a white tank top and his arms were exposed. And then her cheeks. She can feel that it is burning.

"O-oh, I am sorry. One moment here, I will just inform the other guys that you are here." He said and rushed to go to the guys and scold them to dress properly.

After some minutes, Xiumin came back grinning and he is now wearing a black loose shirt. "I am sorry about that. Let me get that from you. You may come in if you want. All of them are okay to see." He said and grabbed some clothes from her hand. Now there's only one set of clothe that is left on her grip.

She followed Xiumin and saw the other guys sitting on the floor, bed and the sofa.

"AIGOO INCHEON-TTAE! HOW ARE YOU DOING? HOW WAS THE FLIGHT?" Chen asked. He smiled widely at Yeonhee while laying at the bed. His body is covered with the blanket.

"I'm... I'm doing fine. I just helped JaYoung to distribute your clothes. He went to the other guys to deliver their clothes as well."

"I think this is mine." D.O. said and gently picked his clothes from Yeonhee's hand. "Thank you for bringing this, Yeonhee."

"You are welcome." She smiled at D.O.

Baekhyun's eyes shifted from D.O. to Yeonhee and back to D.O. He cleared his throat to get the attention of others.

"Uhm, by the way, tomorrow morning, we will be out to attend our fan meeting right? Who will be with Incheon-ttae then?" he asked while trying to relax himself while eating chips.

"Oh, I will be fine. I think I will just stay here at the hotel. Maybe I can roam around the mall near here. I will also try to attend your fan meeting if you like." She answered.

"Oh, no, no. There will be a lot of fans coming. You might get lost or troubled or exhausted." Xiumin opposes Yeonhee going to their fan meeting. "I saw a mall near this hotel I think it is just a few blocks away. You can shop there or just walk around."

"Eyy, hyung. Why are you hindering Yeonhee to go to our fanmeeting?" Baekhyun opposes to Xiumin's suggestion to Yeonhee.

"She doesn't have to go to our fan meetings because we are actually meting her every day. I agree to Minseok hyung. Yeonhee's safetly must come first." D.O. said and looked at Yeonhee after to show a smile.

Yeonhee is just listening to them as usual. "Ah, right. JaYoung told me that you need to fit these clothes tonight and tell her if you have issues so that she can still repair it."

The four guys exchanged looks at each other and looked back at Yeonhee. "We will do it. Thank you. We will just go to your room with JaYoung-ssi in case we will have some issues. For now, you can go back to your room and take a rest." D.O. sent her outside and the others said goodnight to her before she completely left the room.

"Aigoo. That girl is really kind. She is here for vacation and yet, she is still helping us with things." Xiumin commented.

"She sure is. No wonder why Baekㅡ" Chen wasn't able to continue what he is saying when Baekhyun shoved a handful of chips inside his mouth. That caused for some chips to fall on the bed and made a mess.

Xiumin's face turned irritated because of the mess that they did. He is supposed to sleep beside Chen and now their bed is in a big mess. "AISH! BYUN BAEKHYUN!"

The next day, Yeonhee woke up late at about 10 in the morning. JaYoung wasn't there anymore and she knows that the boys already left their room for their fa meeting. She is now alone but didn't mind it because as what Xiumin told her last night, there is a mall where she can roam around for this day and it is just near their hotel. She gets out of the bed and saw a trolley near. It has a round cover and there is a yellow sticky note on it.

"Take a breakfast before you go. Enjoy your first day on China! We will go with you after our schedules.

From,

Apron Man Next Door and Friends."

She smiled. She felt happy because of the note. She suddenly remembered that one time where he bought a drink when she was sick.

She suddenly realized how good D.O. is as a friend to her. She can even consider him as her true friend. If not only that she is feeling awkward because of his gentleness. But he sure can make her smile and feel at ease. It is true that he is that EXO member where she is most comfortable with that is why she decided to sit beside him while they are on their way to the airport. D.O. did not let her feel out of place and he also thought her some Chinese words that she can use the time that they arrived at China. He also showed her the places where they can visit after their schedule.

She happily ate the food and after, she prepared and dressed herself to roam around Beijing.

She easily found the mall near the hotel where they are staying. She enjoyed looking at the clothing stores that she passed by at the mall as well as for some food that caught her attention. She even bought some things to give GaEun, her Mom and Gwangsu once she returned back to Korea.

She went inside a music store where she saw a TV playing EXO's music video in Chinese. She smiled at the thought that these popular guys are her friend. They are so amazing while they are performing but when they are just staying at home, they are a big mess. She again smiled at that thought. The duality of EXO, amazing as professionals, quite annoying as a neighbor.

She went out of the music store, anyways she just checked if she can find EXO items inside and she wasn't surprised when she saw that it was full of EXO's posters and albums.

She continued window shopping since she only bought few from her pocket money. She was passing by the ticket stores for movies when she saw him. Not exactly him, though. Just different posters of him together with the cast of his movie.

For a moment, she felt sad. This is the reason why Chanyeol suddenly left. It is work related yes, but as his friend, what's hard in telling her that he will be gone for some more days for work right?

She went near the poster. She cannot read the title because it is written in Chinese.

She cannot read the title because it is written in Chinese

"Grumpy runny-nose guy. I am now here. I actually went here because I want to see you. The guys told me that we will attend your movie premier. Did they tell you that I am going as well? This will be my first time watching you as an actor. A part of me is making me realize that the reason why..." she took a deep breath. She doesn't know why she suddenly want to cry. "The reason why you are treating me like this, is it because, we actually have a barrier? I might be your childhood friend, but now you are this popular. You are busy most of the time. You have a lot of schedules and you have a lot of person to meet. I wish we can just go back to that time where, we are happily playing at the playground. You are swinging the seat for me. You are playing with little Gwangsu. That time where you don't have anything else to think about but GrandPa Park, the playground and... playing with me."

Yeonhee looked down. A drop of tear fell down on her shoes. Her snickers who looks old and she can't help but compare it with the shoes that the girl in the poster is wearing.

She wasn't in the mood to roam around the mall anymore so she decided to go back to the hotel and wait for the other guys. More than she knew, it was already afternoon and the guys were back at the hotel. JaYoung smiled at her as soon as she saw her walking in of their room.

"How was China so far?" she asked.

Yeonhee forced a smile and went near JaYoung. "Their mall has plenty of stores to buy any things that you'll like. Here! I suddenly thought of you when I saw this." She passed a paper bag to JaYoung.

"Wow. You don't need to buy me anything but, thank you, though." She looked at the stuff inside the paper bag.

"I noticed that you have a lot of scarf. I think you are collecting and I just thought that you may add that to your collection." Yeonhee said. She bought a red knitted scarf for JaYoung as a gift.

"I like it! This is so warm. Thank you, Yeonhee! You are so kind." She said and the two of them went back to being busy because EXO's next schedule will be Chanyeol's movie premier.

Yeonhee helped JaYoung to prepare their suits. Their managers helped them prepare as well since they have lesser time than they thought.

They went all together to the mall where Yeonhee went earlier and was surprised to see that it is now full of People. The van driving ahead of them rarely moves because of the fans that is blocking the way.

"Aish, these fans cannot contain their excitement. We will be late if this will continue." JaYoung commented.

Yeonhee peeked at the fans who brought their cheering materials for EXO and most especially, for Chanyeol to support him regarding his movie.

"Uhm, Ja Young-ssi. I wonder if we can also watch the movie?" Yeonhee suddenly asked. Whatever it is that she is currently feeling towards Chanyeol, she still wants to show support to him.

"Yeah, we actually can. We can just sit at the back of the guys if you want since, the attendees are just other artists and some of the staffs as well. It's just, we won't be able to understand because it is in Chinese." She elbowed Yeonhee and smiled.

"It is okay. As long as we are there to support."

The two of them as well as the managers went inside the cinema first. EXO members has to go and walk at the red carpet first since they will show support for their co-member. Since a member of Girl's Generation is also with the casts, some of her co-member also attended the movie premier as a support. The rest were Chinese artists who also came to show support for their co-actor.

"Whoa, few more hours. This day is exhausting." Lay said while they are taking their seat.

"Lay hyung, your seat is there." Baekhyun tried to make Lay transfer a seat but he did not move.

"I am tired Baekhyun, just sit beside there since you are still standing."

"Guys hurry. The movie will start in a few minutes. We are still standing here, just sit at the vacant seats." Suho said.

Yeonhee is just watching the guys make a commotion just because of sitting arrangements. Kai, Suho and Sehun turned their heads to greet Yeonhee and their other staffs.

"Incheon-ttae, how's your experience to this movie premier?" Kai asked.

"Actually, there are a lot of people. I think it is because of you guys." She answered.

"We are almost late because of your fans." Ja Young scolded them instead.

"We thought we will be late, too. It is because of Sehun. He actually scrolled the window down to wave at the fans and they went wild." Suho said and Sehun just scratched the back of his head.

"I just thought that they will listen if I tell them to stop blocking the way." He defended.

"Turned out that they went eager to come closer to our van." Kai said.

Soon, the lights dimmed and the screen started playing the movie.

She cannot understand a thing. But seeing him act, his role reminded her of how grumpy he is in real life. It even looks like he is not acting. She might not understand what they are saying but, seeing the movie, seeing him, a part of her is contented that he is actually seeing him. His hair looks the same. His eyes, his grumpiness. The way he usually dresses when he is just staying at home. This is Chanyeol. This is the guy whoㅡ

Suddenly the crowd screamed and clapped. EXO members started to tease Chanyeol. He is there. Right in front of them. Just almost a meter away from her. But the thing is, the screen is actually taking her attention.

This is just a movie. This is just a movie. This is just a movie.

She suddenly stood up. Involuntarily. A few people watching at the back grumbled because she is blocking the way.

Exit. She can see it glowing at the right part of the place. She followed it. She needs to exit now. She stumbled from time to time while following the exit light. The moment she opened the door, it brought a bit light inside the cinema and it went dark once again.

She catches her breathe while leaning at the wall. She is looking down at the stairs but is afraid to go down since her vision is cloudy she might fall.

Suddenly, the door creaked. Someone opened the door. To hide her face, she started to take the first step down the stairs but someone grabbed her wrist and pulled her to make her look at him.

His brows are scrunched together. His teeth are gritting. The side of his lips curved up. He looks so annoyed. "What the hell are you doing here? How did you find out about this whole damn event?"

Yeonhee's tears continued to stream down her blushing cheeks. He is mad. And he can't even say something to him because she can't even explain why she wants to see him.

All she can do is to shake her head and cut her eye to eye contact with him.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?"

The door creaked open once again and Chanyeol's hand released the grip on her wrist.

"Chanyeol, what are you doing?!" D.O. asked, but not in the normal tone of his voice. It was louder than usual.

Chanyeol went near D.O. to grab the collar of his coat. "You. You let her go here? Why? Tell me why did you let her go here?!" He pushed D.O. who is glaring at him.

She has to exit. She started running down the stairs up until she reached the exit. She sat down to hug her knees to hide her face. She cried. She suddenly felt unsafe because she is in an unfamiliar place. She wanted to go home suddenly. She wanted to hug her Mom or hide inside her brother's tent.

"Ni Hai Hao Ma?" And a hand pressed on her right shoulder. She slowly peeked at who that is. He is unfamiliar. Or he is? It looked like she saw him somewhere.

"I'm s-sorry. I c-cannot understand y-you." She tried to reply.

"Oh? You are Korean?"

She was surprised when he also speaks Korean. She tried to remember who he was.

"Hyung?" The both of them looked at the direction where someone said Hyung

The guy in front of her stood up and went to greet D.O. by giving him a short hug. They talked for a couple of minute. The guy tapped D.O. at his shoulder before leaving. He looked back at Yeonhee to give a smile before leaving the two of them.

D.O. immediately went to her to offer his hand. "Yeonhee, let's go." Seconds passed but Yeonhee just stared at his hand. D.O. has to grab her hand to help her to stand up.

She looked down. She is embarrassed to show her red face because she just cried so hard.

"You don't need to hide your face to me. That is natural and I know that it can't be helped." D.O. seriously said while looking at somewhere else aside from her.

"B-but I can't go back l-looking like this." She said and lowered her head even more but, D.O. stopped her from doing it.

"I'm here. I will cover you up until we get back to our hotel rooms." He said and removed her coat to give it to Yeonhee.

Yeonhee just stared at his coat. D.O. moved to cover it to Yeonhee. The moment he placed it to her shoulders, he did not let go. He doesn't have any plan to let go this time.

He pulled the coat closer to him, pulling also Yeonhee and he grabbed her to hug her.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault." He said in an almost whispering voice.

"N-no. You d-don't have to say sorry. B-because in the first place, it was me who wanted to go here. I d-don't want to assume t-things but, things are causing me confusion."

"Me, too. I don't want you to assume that I am always here by your side just because we are friends." He replied.

Yeonhee scrunched her brows together. D.O. let go of their hug and held her on her shoulders instead.

"What do you... mean by that chingㅡ"

"Neoreul... joahae. Yeonhee... nan neoreul, joahae."

~*~*~*~*~*~

I'M SO SORRY. This chapter was posted at Wattpad last month ;_; I forgot to post it here. Sorry!