Episode 6: What really happened?

EXO Next Door + 2

(Featuring: How to ask for a date by Mr. Loey)

I apologize in advance for this chapter 🙇

~*~*~*~

JI Yeonhee's finals is approaching within the next two days. That one exam that she's been preparing for, for a long time. But here she is, currently walking back and forth at every corner of her room instead of reviewing her notes.

She was holding her phone up to her chest because she can't decide whether she needs to explain or just let it be because it's just all an accident.

Her cheeks turned pink once again because of embarrassment upon remembering that incident that have happened.

"What should I do?! I think I won't be able to face anyone of them again. Waaahh!" She grabbed her hair as she stomps her feet out of frustration.

She again held her phone in front of her face, seeing the blank message box of her message thread with Chanyeol.

She started typing, 'Chan-i, I'm sorryㅡ'

"No," she deleted the texts.

'Annyeong! It's been a whileㅡ' but she also deleted it.

"Aish, what am I thinking to greet him like that like, nothing happened?" She ruffled her own hair and heaved a deep sigh after.

Chanyeol's expressionless face flashed on her mind and made her more anxious. The way on how he looks at them. The way on how he avoided her eyes and gaze at somewhere else aside from her when he talked to her.

"Should I really need to explain something? What am I to him by the way?" She voiced out to herself and let her body bounce when she hit the bed.

"I'm really sorry... Chan-i."

Chanyeol was currently sitting in front of on his working table. The left side of his head is resting at the back of his palm like, thinking of something so deep instead of getting some rest from his past few days of being busy.

Suddenly, he heard his current roommate, Kai, mumbled something that made him shift his look at the bed.

"Hyung, why are you still awake?" Kai asked while rubbing his right eye.

"I thought you were sleep talking." Chanyeol answered without minding Kai's question.

"I'm not. I just felt my foot throbbed a bit of pain but, It's fine now." Kai explained.

"I think you should go back to the hospital."

"Oh, no. I don't need to. I'll be okay. I think this is just because of the impact when Noona and Iㅡ" Kai stopped.

"What?" Chanyeol asked when Kai remain silent for a while. "Why did you stopped talking?"

Kai looks at somewhere within the room. "I just... Don't want to remind you. We are all aware of that, you know."

Chanyeol stood up and went beside the bed where he will sleep for the mean time. He first positioned and tucked himself in between the thick comforters before he completely lay down.

"Go back to sleep. It's nothing." He answered and put both of his hands at the back of his head as an extra pillow.

He heard Kai shifted himself into the bed and let out a sigh.

"I hope everything is okay, hyung. Goodnight." Kai said and he dimmed the lights from the lamps.

"Even if I don't want to remember it, I will remember it." He said in his thoughts before closing his eyes.

The next day, when 3 PM struck the clock, Yeonhee received an unexpected message that almost choke her from sipping her energy drink during her break in studying.

'Yah, Incheon-ttae. Have you forgotten about your 3PM tasks? Hurry up and I need my room to be cleaned. The whole house, too. It's all a mess and I can't work properly. Why are you still staring and reading this message? HURRY AND GO HERE, NOW.'

Yeonhee immediately stopped what she's doing and rushed to the neighbor.

Upon entering the living roomㅡwearing her apron with D.O.'s face and cleaning house slippers with the 'XoXo' logoㅡshe stopped when she saw the spot where that 'incident' happened.

(WHAT REALLY HAPPENED? *_*)

Flashback

Yeonhee rushed to go out of the dining area. Baekhyun really has a lot of ways to make her feel embarrassed, making her blush and this time, almost all of the members saw her!

"Lay even pointed at me and call me a cherry ㅠㅠ" she thought as she makes her way out of the house. She unexpectedly saw Kai outside while looking at the sky. He turned around after hearing the door opened.

"Oh, noona." Kai noticed her cheeks and squinted his eyes at her for a moment. "Are you okay? You are blushing."

"Huh?" She reacted like, she isn't aware of it. Once again, Yeonhee touched her cheeks to cover them. "I'm o-okay. I'll go home now, bye."

She hurriedly walked past Kai when suddenly, she heard a sound of a metal dropping at the ground. She unconsciously turn around to check what was that and there she saw Kai trying to pick one of his crutches from the ground.

She looked at him with her eyebrows scrunched up. She's having a second thought if she'll help him or help herself to calm her cheeks down and return it back to its original color.

Kai stopped reaching when he sensed that Yeonhee was still there and looked at her direction. "You're still here, noona? Ahh," he stood up straight. "I'm okay, don't mind me. You look tired. I think you should go home."

Yeonhee was beaten by her conscience and decided to go back and help Kai. It's no use trying to hide her cheeks when everyone knows about it now.

"Noona, I'm really okay." Kai said when Yeonhee reached for the crutch instead and give it to him.

"It's okay. I also promised to help you guys since, you are all treating me as your friend." Yeonhee shyly said.

Kai stare at her for a while and slowly showed a smile. He looked down as he leans his body at one of the houses' wall.

"I don't want to be a burden." He started. Yeonhee looked at him with a surprised face.

"Is he opening up to me?" She thought.

"But it just happened that I had an injury after one injury." Kai lifted his look up to Yeonhee. "But I don't want to be a burden to any of them because I know that each one of us, despite of our smiles, are also afraid of something bad that might happen to our group. We are all worried all this time. I just, don't want to add up to their worries. But being in this situation," Kai tried to look at, and move his injured foot, gesturing that it was 'that' situation he's talking about, "It can't be helped." He again looked at Yeonhee who's face has a hint of being worried.

"I need help. Can you help me?" Kai politely asked and show a weak smile.

Yeonhee can't take her eyes out of Kai's stare. She just realized that she was nodding and so she stopped.

She clasped a hand over . "Omo. Did I just nod?" Her eyes also went wide as she thought.

"Thank you, Noona. But don't worry! Time will come I will be able to pay you back." She can say that Kai's mood lifted up because aside from smiling, his voice finally sounds cheerful.

Yeonhee doesn't know what to do so she isn't moving and just give Kai an awkward smile. Kai put his hand around Yeonhee's shoulder and they started to walk their way inside the house.

"Honestly, it's still hard to walk. I just pretend that I can but my foot still hurts. Ahh, Noona don't tell this to them, okay?" Kai said when they entered the living room.

"Y-yes. I won't." The time when Yeonhee tried to look at Kai who's on her left side, she found out that Kai was also looking at her and the distance between their faces made her twitch and take a step backwards, forgetting that Kai is leaning his body on her.

Kai toppled and tried to grab something that will regain his balance but he ended up grabbing Yeonhee's arms, pulling her with him.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" Yeonhee shouted as they fell down. She even bumped her forehead on the ground and she grunted and groaned out of pain. She tried to get up as soon as she became aware of what just happened.

The moment she realized where she is, she stopped moving. Her face is again inches away from Kai's face with a grimace. Her eyes went wide upon discovering that she was on top of Kai.

Soon, she heard loud footsteps that became screeching. Like when you step on the breaks when driving. She looked up, seeing the rest of the guys with all of their mouths hang open and their eyes seems to overcome being chinky. Despite of the situation, she managed to notice that the guys weren't looking at them, but somewhere behind them.

"H-hurry help them!" Chen shouted and the rest of the guys began moving to help them.

D.O. and Xiumin helped her to stand up while Baekhyun and Lay helped Kai.

"Y-Yeonhee, are you okay?" D.O. asked her. She's still under a state of shock that she can't even manage to say a response to D.O.

Chanyeol moved near them but he looked at somewhere else before talking. "I don't know what's happening, but I won't jump into conclusions."

"Ch-Chanyeol-ah! You didn't inform us that you're going home today. We still have a lot of foods that Kyungsoo and Incheon-ttae prepared. I'll bet you are hungry and tired. Let's go!" Xiumin dragged Chanyeol and he did not refused to Xiumin's offer. Perhaps he wanted to escape from the scene because he doesn't know how to react with what he just saw.

"What are you two doing?" Suho asked Kai who's now sitting at the couch. Yeonhee and D.O looked back at them.

"No," he waved his right hand in front of him. "It was all an accident. Incheon-ttae was just trying to help me and we accidentally slipped. Don't misunderstood what you saw." Kai explained to them.

D.O. once again looked at Yeonhee to check her. "Yeonhee, are you hurt anywhere?" D.O. squinted his eyes when he noticed her forehead. "Did you knocked your forehead? It's reddish." D.O once again asked and touched Yeonhee's forehead.

The murmurs of the other guys at the background suddenly shut. They paused upon noticing D.O and Yeonhee. Yeonhee begun blushing, she knows she is because she can feel her cheeks were like burning hot. She looked down while taking steps backwards.

D.O. took back his hand. "I'm... I'm sorry, I didn't mean toㅡI mean, I just... noticed."

"Incheon-ttae, I think you should take a rest now. You may go home." Suho told her and without a word, she left EXO's house.

The house was quiet. The reason why she can even hear her own heartbeats. Like her heart was beating right in front of her ears.

She gulped. "Why am I nervous? I didn't even do something bad or wrong." She thought. Suddenly, she heard the door from upstairs opened and she's sure that it was from Chanyeol's room.

"AND WHY DID I EVEN WENT HERE?!" She again thought and started to walk her way out when Chanyeol called.

"Yah," She twitched and stopped moving upon hearing his low voice with a commanding tone.

"And why are you still standing there? You're supposed to start cleaning." She heard him walk. His stomping footsteps on the stairs hinted her that he's coming near her.

She turned to face him but somehow, she can't look at his face.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" Chanyeol retorts.

Yeonhee shuts her eyes tightly. "ALRIGHT! I'LL SAY THIS RIGHT HERE!" She thought. She was about to answer when Chanyeol beat her to it.

"I get it. It's okay. Just don't be late next time. You can start cleaning now. The other guys aren't here. D.O. has his schedule while Suho accompanied KAI and Baekhyun to the hospital for a check-up. Sehun, I don't know with that brat. You can start cleaning the kitchen first." After that, Chanyeol just turned his back to Yeonhee and started walking away from her.

"W-what..." she almost said it in a whisper. She looked straight and looked at Chanyeols direction. "YAH!" This time, Chanyeol twitched and he immediately looked back at her.

She doesn't know why but she felt annoyed when Chanyeol said those to her. ONLY THOSE. That he's treating her like he isn't aware that they are childhood friends. That they once dated. That he once hugged her because he misses her.

"What are you?!" Yeonhee asked. There's a hint of being annoyed on her voice.

"W-what?" Chanyeol said, stuttering.

"What are you being sulky about?" she mocked. She even said that while gritting her teeth.

"M-me?" he huffed. "When did I? Don't you think it's you?" Chanyeol mocked back and crossed his arms in front of his chest. He even tilted his head to state that obviously, Yeonhee did sound she's the one who's sulking.

Yeonhee heaved one deep sigh before she rolled her eyes away from Chanyeol. She turned her back at him and was planning to start walking when Chanyeol grabbed her right arm.

"Wait." He calmly said. Yeonhee didn't mind to look back at him. She just shut her eyes and tried to breathe normally.

"I... I get it. I'm sorry." The moment she heard him say those, she opened her eyes once again and looked back at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol let go of her arm and shove his hands inside his pants' pockets. He shrugged. "Sorry. I just don't know what approach will I do. I didn't sound good last night either. I was just joking."

Yeonhee snorted out and crossed her arms. "What kind of joke is that?"

"I know! That's why I'm sorry. I just thought that, if I acted like that, you will treat it naturally like it was normal. And our day can just go normally like what it was before." Chanyeol explained.

Yeonhee huffed. "Unbelievable." She shook her head, can't believe why this guy in front of her thinks that way. It was kinda childish, though he acted like it was true. Idol skills she just thought.

"Alright," she grabbed her cleaning materials and faced Chanyeol again. "Since things are clear now, I'll start cleaning." Yeonhee walked past Chanyeol, heading to the kitchen when he called.

"Ji Yeonhee!"

Yeonhee sighed and rolled her eyes upon looking at Chanyeol again.

"What now?" she deadpanned.

"Tomorrow, let's go on a date. I don't have a schedule. Call?" He smiled and put a thumbs up.

Though Yeonhee was surprised by that sudden invitation, she managed to give a nodㅡunconsciously.

Her eyes went wide upon realizing it. She clasped her fingers over and thought. "Omo. Did I just nod?"

Ahhh.

Her cheeks turned pink that let out an imaginary steam.

~*~*~*~

WHATDA?!

Thank you for reading *_* UP TO HERE?! OMG.

I know I have a lot of ty grammar and narrations and I'm trying my best to write it correctly ;u; please bear with them and thank you so much.

Forgive me for that cliche incident ^^V

ANDDDDD I'm actually excited to write the next chap. Not because, obviously there will be a date, but because of that special guest and I wanna show you my edit 😂

See you on the next Chap!
Xoxo.

BOW.