Episode 3: The Talkative Baekhyun

EXO Next Door + 2
 

"ALSO... I don't know if I can say this. Suho should but, since I'm the eldest here, I think I will announce it first to you." Xiumin said, gathering all of their attention.

"What is it, hyung?" Sehun worriedly asked.

"I also think this will be the best for all of us now."

"Xiumin-hyung. Did the company finally made a decision?" Kai asked. His facial expression turned worried as well.

"Mmm." He nodded and paused for a moment. The other four was intensely waiting. Nervous for the company's decision. All they wish for is that the company will not end up a decision about disbanding their group, just because they keep on loosing members and keep on injuring themselves.

"Our group... EXO will now be..." Xiumin himself is nervous. He took another deep sigh before letting out his words, "we will be put on hiatus."

The others also gave a sigh. It's sad for them because they will not be able to perform and their group activities will be postponed and moved.

"They have decided that individual activities will be prioritized first while other members heal and take a rest. Chen is on a meeting now. He will be singing one upcoming drama's OST. Lay was cast for a movie. D.O. will be filming another drama. Chanyeol,"

Chanyeol looked at Xiumin. "I think you will be finishing your movie on China this week. You should go home now and take a rest."

"Y-yes."

That night Chanyeol returned home together with Sehun. He let Suho and Sehun use his room since he will leave tomorrow before sunrise. He has to return to China to finish filming. It was also the company's way to shift people's attention from the accidents that have happened to them into his first major acting role. Same thing will also occur for other members who have individual activities.

The next morning, D.O. helped him to bring his luggage outside. He glanced at Yeonhee's room's window.

"I'll just tell her later." D.O. said and Chanyeol looked at him.

"Don't tell her everything. Just tell her I'll be gone for a few days for a movie shooting."

"I'm sure there will be some news and rumors over the internet."

Chanyeol did not answered back and once again looked at Yeonhee's window before entering the van that will lead him to the airport.

WHEN three o'clock finally came, Yeonhee went to EXO's house. Upon entering the house, she was greeted by D.O.

"Yeonhee-ssi. Hello." D.O. gave a smile.

"H-hello." She answered back. She noticed that he looks like he'll leave the house, and so she asked. "A-are you going somewhere?"

D.O. nodded and smiled. "Yes. I need to go to the company to discuss about my new drama."

"Woww. That is nice!" she said then remembered the last time when D.O. practices his lines with her. She blushed when she thought that he might ask her again to be his script practice partner. She's ready for it!

"Are you okay?" D.O. asked when he noticed that Yeonhee is blushing. "If you are tired, it's okay if you'll take a day off from cleaning. You don't really have to clean anything here. You are already our friend right?"

"A-ahh. Y-yes." She answered.

"Besides, they are all taking rests since morning. Suho and Sehun is still sleeping on Chanyeol's room. Baekhyun is in my room. Ah, Yeonhee-ssi, if ever can you help Baekhyun a bit? If it's okay."

"Of course! I'll be happy to help. Anyway, where is... Chanyeol?" she said and anticipate for D.O.'s answer.

"Ah. I almost forgot. He left this morning going to China."

"Ch-China?"

"Yes. He has to finish filming a movie there. He has to stay for a few days." D.O. answered.

Yeonhee suddenly felt sad. It was all of a sudden. He didn't even bother to say goodbye to her or at least, make her know the situation. She felt upset with Chanyeol. It's like, he's continuing his life normally like, all of those that happened six months ago, did not happen.

"Is this what he wants? I'm trying to help him with the best that I can but it's like he's pushing me away. He didn't even ask for my necklace." She thought.

"Yeonhee-ssi. I have to go now. I'll just see you later okay? I'll go now." D.O. waved at her before leaving the house.

Yeonhee didn't mind what D.O. said and started to clean the house. She also ignored and tried to remove Chanyeol from her thoughts while cleaning.

"Ja! Banjjak, banjjak!" She voiced out, proud of the cleaning that she did.

"It's been an hour. I wonder if they are awake now. I should start cleaning their rooms."

She went to D.O.'s room first. Upon opening the door, she saw Baekhyun laying in the bed while looking at the ceiling, humming some unfamiliar tune. Or maybe tunes that he made up by himself.

"He's awake but just... staring blankly at the ceiling and humming?" she thought to herself.

She first cleans . "Eherm. E-excuse me?"

Baekhyun looked at her and tried to sat down on the bed. He struggled a bit because of his arm cast. "Ohh, Incheon-ttae! What's up?"

"H-hello. I'm wondering if you want me to clean this room or, m-maybe I'll just go back later?" she said. Only her head up to her shoulders are peeking inside the room.

"You know, you don't really have to clean, though. But thank you! And it's okay because Kyungsoo cleaned this room before leaving. I'm actually going to be his roommate from now on. I slept here on this bed last night and he slept on the floor. I hope if I got better he won't kick me out from his room. It will also be nice if I will sleep on a room rather than the basement. Hehe. I'm thinking to wear this," pertaining to his arm cast, "even if I don't need it anymore. Maybe this will make him let me stay here on his room." Baekhyun talked continously.

"What the? Why is he saying a lot of things? I didn't even ask him." She thought to herself.

"And also, do you want to have some snack with me? I'm a bit hungry. Incheon-ttae, please help me to prepare some!" Baekhyun offered. He gets out of the bed and went towards the room's door. He fully opened the door and tapped Yeonhee's shoulder, signaling her to go with him.

At the kitchen, Yeonhee prepared some cookies and breads, as well as an orange juice for their afternoon snack.

"Iyaahhh. Why does it taste delicious when these are instant foods?" Baekhyun commented while munching on some cookies and drinking juice after each bite.

"What is he talking about?" Yeonhee thought. Her eyebrows furrowed while looking at Baekhyun. She was wondering if he's just talking about random things to avoid dead air between them 'cause they all knew that she's kinda awkward to talk to.

"This is really delicious today. Hmm." He nodded, delightened by the cookies. He suddenly noticed that Yeonhee was just staring at him. He first finished eating the cookie that he has and took a gulp on his juice. "Yah. Why aren't you eating? Don't you like the food that you prepared?"

"Oh? I-it's not like that. I just..." She answered. "I'm just wondering why he talks so much." Then she thought.

"I think it's delicious because it is prepared by our Incheon-ttae. Hehe." Baekhyun gave a full smile and winked at her, making her blush.

Ahhhh.

Her eyes went wide. She looked down and touch her cheeks. "Omo. I can feel my cheeks are burning! Why does he have to smile at me like that? Oh no! This is so embarrassing!"

"Oh? A-are you blushing? You are blushing, right? But, why? Are you shy?" he asked continuously. And another... "OHHHH. Is it why you aren't eating? Are you somewhat, shy to eat in front of me? Eh? Why? Is it because it's just the two of us? Eyyy. You don't have to, Incheon-ttae..."

"He really talks a lot! Aish! How can he be stopped?!" She panics on her thoughts.

"... because you are already our friend. It's okay for me if you also talk freely to me, just like how I talk to you. I think the others also agrees to that. Do you get it? Incheon-ttae?"

She looked up to see that she's face-to-face with Baekhyun. He even blinks cutely while looking at her! "What is this guy?!" She thought and immediately avoided his gaze and distanced her face away from Baekhyun's.

"Uhm. I-I'll g-go now. T-thank you for the food." She quickly bowed her head towards Baekhyun then ran out while holding her cheeks.

"Whoaaa. So she's like that to anyone! She's really an oddball. I thought, she's like that towards D.O. and Chanyeol before because she likes one of them." He shook his head.

"The guys must have misunderstood Incheon-ttae. Dragging them to also like her. Hmmn." He touched his chin and act like thinking. "But I think I must investigate more about Incheon-ttae! I really thought she likes Kai, too." He started to move, going out from the kitchen. "Or maybe she does, too! It's not possible she likes some of our members. Like how our fans likes a lot of us..." He continues mumbling to himself.

ON CHINA, Chanyeol was reviewing his script an hour away before the actual shooting of the scene. He was casually memorizing the lines when a scene caught his attention. Since he received the script, he started reading it up until the end. But because of some unfortunate things happening with their group, sometimes he's not paying attention to what he's reading that's why, he does some script reviewing from time to time. This one particular scene might be one of those he read when he's not on his focus.

"Excuse me." He said that on english then approached the assistant director.

"Wèi shénme?" He answered him on Chinese. (Why?)

He just scratched his neck and pointed out the scene that he's pertaining to.

"Ohh. Yes. Yes. You ready?" The assistant director answered him on English.

"Uhmm. I cannot do it." He replied. The assistant director seemed a bit shocked. "Or can we do camera angle trick?"

"Oh! No! No, no. Everything must be real. No fake, okay? It's just a kiss. This is almost end scene of movie. Do it, one take. Okay?" The assistant director left him after saying those.

Actually, Chanyeol can do it. He's just worried about first: his fans and the audience. He knows that, he should take it professionally but, there's this one reason he doesn't want a real kiss scene. He's also worried about Yeonhee. He doesn't want her to see it although it is just a movie. Just an act. He just felt uneasy. It's not his first kiss but, it is his first kiss on-screen.

"Maybe I'm just quite nervous. Alright, I'll do it one take. And I will not allow her to watch this movie." He quietly talked to himself.

"Stand by! We will begin the shoot!" The director shouted. A staff assisted him to go to the set where they will film the scene on an airplane setting.

"Okay, camera! Roll! Action!" The director shouted and they began filming the scene.

YEONHEE is on her room, browsing over the internet about EXO. Since she cannot ask them directlyㅡbecause she is shy to askㅡabout how their group is doing.

"Huh? Individual activities?" she reads the article. "EXO members' individual activities are currently anticipated by the fans, supporters and followers. It is said that this year, EXO will show individual talents on acting, singing and performing. Chen will be recording an OST for an upcoming drama."

"Ohh, Chen's voice is so beautiful." She commented and continue reading.

"He will be recording the song on the following weeks. Members Lay, D.O., and Chanyeol," she paused upon reading Chanyeol's name.

"He will be busy." She verbally said.

"...are currently casted for a movie and a drama. D.O. has been casted for a new drama that is expected to air around December. Chanyeol will be finishing his movie on China as well as Lay, who is a cast for a movie who's filming will begin next month. Fans are also waiting for other member's individual activities and hoping for injured member's fast recovery."

"I hope for their fast recovery, too. I think what I can do for them is to help them with cleaning and maintaining their house to be in order. Ja! If that's the case, I will help them!"

"Psst!"

Yeonhee turned around to see who called her.

"Psst! Here!"

"Huh?" She tilted her head, wondering where from her room does that sound came from. She walked towards her table.

"Forgetting your final exam, Yeonhee-ssi?" Her reviewer spoke. (It's just an imagination)

She covered both of her ears and furrowed her eyebrows upward. "I ALMOST FORGOT! MY FINAL EXAM WILL BE NEXT WEEK! OHH NOOOOO!"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for reading up to here! Please leave a vote or comments about what you think about this story 😂 I'll highly appreciate it!

BOW.