Episode 4: Cooking With Chef D.O. (망했다)

EXO Next Door + 2

SOMEONE door belled on Yeonhee's house. Gwangsu opened the front door and greeted whoever he is, with his usual frowning face.

On Yeonhee's room, she was reading her notes thoroughly and jotting down important details on her notebook. She pushed back her reading glasses when it slid down because she's too focused that her face is literally inches away from her reviewer.

The door was harshly opened but she did not mind it. She remained reading and taking down notes.

"Yah. Are you really studying?"

"I'm studying. Get out, close the door and get lost." She immediately replied.

"But someone's looking for you downstairs." Gwangsu lazily said.

Yeonhee still didn't mind to look back at Gwangsu and just replied with an uninterested tone. "Tell whoever it is that I am busy studying for my finals and just get lost, too." She said while flipping through the pages of her reviewer.

"Are you sure?" Gwangsu again asked that annoyed Yeonhee. She looked at him with wide eyes.

"I TOLD YOU ALREADY! AISH!"

"Okay." He replied with a lazy face. "I'll tell it to him. He's actually one of the ugly- guys," he turned his back on Yeonhee and she did the same. She faced her notes and reviewer again.

Gwangsu started walking away while murmuring. "What's his name again? Ap... Ahh. That's right. It's the 'Apron Man'."

Yeonhee suddenly lifted her headㅡwith an 'I'm doomed' expressionㅡ upon hearing 'apron man' from Gwangsu.

"YAH GWANGSUU!"

Luckily, Yeonhee was able to stop Gwangsu from delivering her rude message to her visitor. She quickly ran downstairs and saw D.O. sitting on their messy sofa with her mother trying to offer him some snacks.

Heol.

D.O. stood up upon seeing her. "Hello, Yeonhee-ssi." He said and waved his hand at her.

"O-oh," she bowed for a second. "H-hello." She replied and then thought: "What is he doing here?"

She also noticed that D.O. is on his usual covered outfit. Wearing a big black coat, a mask and a cap.

"Yah! What took you so long?! He's been waiting here for minutes!" Her mother yelled at her and she frowned.

D.O. waved his hands in front of him and dragged down his face mask. "Ah, no. It's okay. I'm just here to ask a favor from Yeonhee-ssi."

"Huh? Favor? What favor?" she asked and D.O. looked at Yeonhee's mother and Gwangsu.

"Yah Gwangsu! I remembered we have to clean the garden, let's go!" Her mother sensed that the two needed time to talk and so she dragged Gwangsu outside their house with her. Both Yeonhee and D.O. followed them by looking.

"I'm s-sorry. They are just like that. Hehe." She showed an unsure smile.

"It's okay. Your mother is so generous." D.O. smiled at her. A smile that is so pure that she has to look away to avoid blushing.

She then looked down and asked. "Uhm. You said that you have a favor to ask?"

"Ah, yes. Kai will be discharged today. Suho-hyung already left to pick him. He will also stay with us on that house. I'm planning to cook for them today but, the others can't help me since, Baekhyun said his arms still hurt and Sehun... I think he will just mess around the kitchen." He paused so Yeonhee wondered and have to look at him. "You're the only one I can think of..."

"Huh?" She absent-mindlessly reacted with her eyes and mouth both went round. And yes, she blushed upon hearing those. As red as an apple.

"I-I mean, you're the only one that I think can help me. You will be a big help. P-please don't get me wrong."

"Of... Of course!" She instantly answered back.

"Great! But..." He squinted his eyes while looking at Yeonhee. "Are you okay? Your face is..." He tapped his own face and Yeonhee did the same. She felt that her cheeks are burning and that made her look at D.O. with another 'I'm doomed' expression for the second time this day.

D.O. gave a small laugh and smile. "It's okay," he said. "I understand. Let me know if you are ready to go, okay? I'll just wait outside." He left Yeonhee alone who tried to cool down her cheeks by patting it. But as she remembers D.O.'s gestures towards her, and the way he smiles at her, she continues to blush.

Her thoughts are automatically making her smile. "He is so gentle."

UPON arriving at the super market, they began to pick up ingredients that is on D.O.'s list.

Yeonhee was looking at the long list while D.O. is busy picking up the best type of potatoes that he can get.

"Whoa. I can't believe he listed all of this. I also think it's my first time seeing a guy who knows how to cook a complicated recipe!" Amazed, she thought.

"Yeonhee-ssi, what is next on the list?" D.O. dropped the potatoes on their cart. Only his eyes were showing and she can barely see them.

"I'm with a super star, indeed." She thought before answering. "Uhm... " she looked at the list. "That is the last vegetable on the list. Next are condiments." She beamed after answering D.O.

She's actually satisfied that D.O. has cover all over his face. She can't see him that well, whether he's looking at her or not. It may sound weird but, it is making her comfortable.

"Ah really? Okay, then let's go at the other section." She heard him say. She can't even see if he's smiling at her or what. But his tone sounds higher and brighter than usual. D.O. helped her to push the cart.

While they are walking and pushing the cart, D.O. will pick up ingredients from time to time whenever they passed by it. He then suddenly spoke, "Yeonhee-ssi, I'll always be grateful that you went here with me. Buying these became easier." He said and stopped to pick up a bottle of vinegar cider.

"It's n-nothing. And you're welcome. I'm happy to help." She replied.

D.O. faced her and dropped the bottle at the cart while looking at her.

"It doesn't affect me. Haha!" She happily thought.

"If ever..." D.O. paused.

"What?"

He seemed to be having a second thought on saying what he wanted to say.

She saw him shook his head lightly. "Do you... Do you want to buy something? Or... Let me treat you something in return." He said.

"Huh? Oh! No!" She waved her hands in front of her. "You don't really have to."

"If that is the case, then. Thank you again." He quickly bowed. "If you need help at the future, I hope you'll also approach me and I'll help you whatever it is." D.O. gladly said. Yeonhee replied with a smile despite of knowing that her cheeks are blushing.

Sehun and Gwangsu are inside the tent while drinking coffee, as usual. Gwangsu asked Sehun to come over because he wanted to ask something.

Sehun just stare at Gwagsu because, he seemed to be hesitating to say what he wanted to say.

"Yah." Sehun put down his cup of coffee. "This is my third cup and I haven't heard something from you. Chingu-ya," he put a hand on Gwangsu's left shoulder. "What is it that's bothering you huh? Come on, tell it to me. We aren't friends for nothing, you know."

Gwangsu took a deep sigh and faced Sehun. "Is that apron man dating my sister?"

"WHAT?" Sehun reacted with an elevated tone. "How did you say so?"

"He asked my sister out. Just the two of them." His usual frowning face was causing Sehun to cringe.

"Eyy. What were you thinking. They're just going to buy groceries. D.O. don't want me to come though." Sehun picked up his cup of coffee and almost choked when Gwangsu suddenly stood up.

"Ya. You scared me! Aish. Are you that worried for your sister?" He let out a sigh and pulled Gwangsu to sat back down again. He wrapped an arm around Gwangsu's shoulder. "If ever what you're thinking is true... Man, you don't need to worry. Whoever your sister dates from one of us, will be fine. We are all a gentleman, kind, talented and handsome. We are even superstars that's why you shouㅡ"

"It's because of that." He cut Sehun, then crossed his arms. "My sister is a big idiot. She might put anyone of you in danger. And also, she will be in danger if your fans find out about her. Or anyone that is within your world."

"W-what? That's what you're worried about? Hmmn. So, you're more on our side. This brat." Sehun's eyes narrowed while looking at Gwangsu with a sheepish smile. He also crossed his arms upon putting down the cup once again. "After thinking about it," he nodded, "you have a point. However, I think that's not gonna happen as long as no one knows that we are here. That will keep us safe."

D.O. and Yeonhee started preparing the food as soon as they arrived at the house. Yeonhee is assigned at chopping the vegetables and mixing some seasonings with instructions coming from D.O.

"Uhm... D.O.-ssi, is this okay now?" Yeonhee showed the bowl that she's been mixing for about half an hour. D.O. peeked at the bowl. Upon seeing the mixtures, he smiled at Yeonhee.

"Oh. You did a great job. Did you know that mixing that for that long actually makes it tender when you cook it? And you really did a great job." He put a thumbs up and faced the stove again to turn it off then he covered the pot.

Yeonhee lightly sighed, proud that she did well. She placed the bowl near D.O.'s side so he can start cooking it.

"Yeonhee..."

She looked up to see D.O., looking at her wearing a simple smile. She was also a bit shocked to hear him calling her informally.

"Y-yes? D.O.-ssi?"

"See that. Remember when I asked if we can be friends?"

Yeonhee tried to remember that time.

"A-ahh. Y-yes. Why?"

"I also asked if we can start talking comfortably like what friends do. I will like it if you'll call me by my name. Try it."

She thought. "His name?? Did he mean his real name? Omo," her eyes went round, "I don't know! I don't know his real name! D-diii owwwwww..."

"Try it, Yeonhee." He happily said while waiting for her to try it.

"Uhm... I... A-actuallyㅡ"

"Oi, Kyungsoo-ya!" They both looked at the kitchen's door where they saw Baekhyun smiling widely at them. You can tell that he's excited upon seeing all the food that Yeonhee and D.O. had been preparing.

"Kyungsoo?" She again thought. "Ahhhh! That's right!"

"KYUNGSOO!" She suddenly blurted out that made D.O. and Baekhyun look at her. She clasps both of her hands over .

"Iyaah. So our Incheon-ttae is now this close with our D.O.!" Baekhyun teased as he placed his free arm around D.O.'s shoulder.

"It's not like that. I'm just trying to ask her to call me by my real name so we can talk comfortably." D.O. explained. They both looked at Yeonhee who were looking down. The two guys were surprised to see how red her cheeks are.

D.O. glared at Baekhyun gesturing that it's his fault. Baekhyun nervously grinned at D.O. before approaching Yeonhee.

"Eyy, I-incheon-ttae. I-I'm just... you know, I'm just trying to tease you. But, don't take it too seriously. You already know me like this, right?" He tried tapping her shoulders but she just twitched.

Baekhyun looked at D.O. who mouthed, "it's your fault! Say sorry!"

"I'm... I'm sorry, Incheon-ttae. I mean it."

"N-no... You don't need to say sorry." She said, still avoiding eye contact from the two guys. "I must be the one to say sorry because I look like this." She gave a weak smile when she slowly looked at D.O. and Baekhyun.

"Truth is, I always bother people talking to me whenever I blush. It always makes them uncomfortable while talking to me. I really feel sorry for that. If only I can manage to choose when I can only blush or when I can only feel embarrassed but, I am born like this." She again gave a weak smile after what she said, that made the two guys speechless.

"I'm doomed. I didn't know that teasing her a bit can lead to this!" Baekhyun thought while giving an unsure expression because he doesn't know how to react to their serious mood.

He again starts to try reaching her. "Incheonㅡ"

"Ja! Let me just go to the restroom for a while." He was cut by Yeonhee's sudden jolly tone. "I'll fix myself in a bit. I also need to recover. Hehe. I'm still a bit embarrassed to what I just said." Without any word hearing from the two, she left the kitchen.

Baekhyun groaned when D.O. elbowed him. "I told you to stop teasing her. Look what you've done. Aish." D.O. harshly turned his back to Baekhyun and went in front of the stove. He turned the stove on to start frying the mixture of chicken fillet with special herbs and spices that Yeonhee's been mixing earlier.

"망했다." Baekhyun worriedly said before slumping his face down on the kitchen table.

~*~*~*~

망했다 -Manghaettda - I'm doomed
Kkaebsong 😂😂😂😂

Baekhyun can only be stopped by Xiumin. Xiumin once said that, when Baekhyun becomes uncontrollable, he holds the back of his neck and pinch it a bit until Baekhyun stops 😂

Xiumin once said that, when Baekhyun becomes uncontrollable, he holds the back of his neck and pinch it a bit until Baekhyun stops 😂

I wonder where does Baekhyun get all of those overflowing energy? I wish I was also energetic like that 😂

Please subscribe and leave comments :) I'll appreciate it so much!

BOW.