Episode 7: When He almost said It

EXO Next Door + 2

I apologize for the errors O_O

~*~*~*~

YEONHEE'S head was bent down into the answer sheets on the table in front of her. The ticking of their classroom's wall clock seems so loud like it was just beside her ears because of the silence that wraps around the classroom.

She keeps on looking back and forth at the answer sheet and the questionnaires, carefully shading the egg-shaped using her mechanical pencil.

Other students starts to groan, and there she knows that the clock starts its countdown. Instead, she just pushed her glasses back up of her nose line and finish shading the last blank egg-shaped one and,

*Krrrrrrrrnggggggggg!*

The bell from the hallways rang out loud. Times up for the exams!

Yeonhee lifted her head and bend it a bit backwards, then from left to right. She touched her neck as she looked at her friend GaEun, sitting next to her.

"GaEun-ah, are you able to finish the exam?" She asked.

GaEun looks frustrated as she cringe while looking at her desk. "I didn't." She sighed. "I still have nine unanswered." She scrumbled her hair and stood up after as the teacher instructed them that they can just leave the answer sheet and questionnaires on their tables.

As Yeonhee and GaEun was walking out of their school, they just talk about the exam and the answers. Yeonhee is confident that she did well and that she will pass the finals for this school year.

They were about to part ways upon reaching the school gates when a tall guy suddenly approached them. It was wearing the same uniform from their school.

"Yah," GaEun nudged Yeonhee as she whispered in her ears. "Do you know him?" she asked.

The tall guy was wearing a black face mask and a black tinted-lenses sunglasses. His hair is in a shade of brown that has a bang covering his forehead up to his eyebrows. Both of his hands were inside his pockets.

Yeonhee shook her head. The both of them continued to stare up at the tall guy until it took Yeonhee's hand and drags her away from GaEun.

"Yah! Who are you!" Yeonhee shouted while trying to get away from the unknown guy.

GaEun stayed on her place and was still in a state of shock until reality snaps out of her, realizing that her friend was being kidnapped.

"YEONHEEEEEEEEEEE!" She shouted from afar, she started dialing for the police on her phone.

"Aish, tell your friend to just go home!"

The guy rudely let go of her hand and from there, she realized who it was because of his voice.

"Huh? Ch-Chanyeo... l," she said as she observed him. "B-but, why are you here? Are you also studying in our school?"

Chanyeol sighed, irritated because of her loud friend who's hysterically screaming and Yeonhee, who's dense as ever. "Yah. Are you stupid? Just go to your friend and say that everything's okay and you know me. I'll just wait for you in the car." He pointed a black car parked at the other side of the road. He crossed the street and get inside the car.

She was left dumbfounded, and at that time, GaEun grabs her to pull her away.

"YAH! Are you okay? Did he hurt you anywhere? Is that a stalker?! Omo! Why didn't you fight him back?! Are you stupid?" She questioned continuously as she checks if Yeonhee is hurt anywhere.

Heol.

"Does he do dates like this?" she thought. She grabbed GaEun by her shoulders and shake her a bit. "I'm okay. Go home now."

"Are you sure?!"

"Yes. I actually know him." By the time she said that, GaEun's face became expressionless.

"You wasted my acting." She deadpanned as Yeonhee did the same.

"Aish, this brat." Yeonhee thought. "Go home."

"I will. Byeee." GaEun waved her hand and turned her back at Yeonhee and walked away.

Inside the car, Chanyeol observed Yeonhee as she crossed the street. "Psh, she looks so clumsy even if she's just crossing the street." He said and a smile formed on his lips.

Yeonhee opened the door at the passenger's seat and slam the door as she close it.

"Yah! Be careful! I just borrowed this car." Chanyeol huffed.

"So, where are we going?" Yeonhee plainly asked.

Chanyeol somehow sensed it on her voice and so he asked. "Aren't you happy? We are going on a date yet, you seem to be on a bad mood." Chanyeol said as he looks at her who's just looking somewhere on their front.

Yeonhee looked at him. "You know, sometimes I can't understand if you're mad at me or what. You're still that grumpy Chanyeol that I've met six months ago."

Chanyeol lowered his look, realizing that he does sounds like that a while ago. "I'm sorry. It's just... your school uniform is a bit hot to wear. It's irritating. How can the guys on your school endure to wear this?"

"And why are you even wearing our school uniform? And where did you even get that? What are you even planning? This is all weird." This time, Yeonhee huffed at Chanyeol.

"I'm sorry. Well, I just thought that, people will, of course, notice me if I just dressed casually. And I'm planning to go to... Namsan." He said and gave a cute and childish sweet smile at Yeonhee.

"Nam... san?" Yeonhee blushed. She knows that it's a place mostly for couples. And then she thought, "Are we now officially..." she mentally shook her head. "NO! This might be a friendly date since, we are friends, right? Right? RIGHT?! And things are still unclear. DOES SOMETHING HAS TO BE CLEARED BETWEEN US?! WHAT IS THE PLAN OF THIS RUNNY-NOSE GUY?!"

It has been minutes since Chanyeol started driving. And ever since he mentioned that they will be going to Namsan, they remained quiet. Yeonhee's mind keeps on juggling thoughts about their date.

Eventually, Chanyeol decided to break the silence. He first cleared his throat. "Uhm, have you ever been to Namsan?" he asked.

Yeonhee, who suddenly turn to Chanyeol. "Oh? T-to Namsan?" She briefly shook her head. " N-not yet."

"Okay, that's good then! It just means that it will be memorable since, it was me who came with you on your first visit to Namsan." Chanyeol happily stated.

Yeonhee thought that it's a good thing, he's focused on driving. He will not see her face blush everytime the idea of them dating crosses her mind. And there she is, who keeps on reminding herself that it's just a, "Friendly date. We are just dating as friends. Just like before! Right. Just like back then when we were still kids. We used to agree to meet at the playground and have a picnic with our own packed lunch. And when he asked me six months ago to meet him again on that same playground, and we had a picnic, too!" She smiled as she thinks about their bonding times.

Soon, they reached the place and started to roam around Namsan. They just enjoyed with the companion of each other. They eat snacks together, walk around the place and do some sight seeing. The nice weather added to lighten up their mood. They just walk side by side just like how normal friends who just go out to enjoy the place.

"Absolutely. This is just a friendly date that normal friends do during a trip." Yeonhee smiled as she thought while they are on their way to the top of Namsan tower. They rode the cable cart.

In the eyes of the other people around them, they look like a student couple who's dating after their exhausting final exams. Though, they don't do some skinship, but seeing how they stand beside each other, it gives them the vibe.

"Wait. What are we going to the top of the tower?" Yeonhee asked, shifting her eyes from the view outside the cable cart to Chanyeol.

"Hmmm," he dragged his face mask down before answering. "Love locks?" Chanyeol answered, not taking away his look from the window. His arms crossed as he smiles at the scenery.

"Ahhh," Yeonhee nods a couple of times. "Locks. Right." She return her look back at the view.

And, as a slow-getter, she didn't even get what it means up until it fully registered on her mind. Her smile faded. "Did he say, love? Love locks?" She slowly peeked at Chanyeol's face who's now smiling happily at the view. Perhaps because of what he have said and knowing that Yeonhee became aware about the 'love locks' late.

The moment that they reached the top, Chanyeol dragged her to the store where they can buy the locks. Of course, he asked her to buy it for them since, there is a possibility that someone will notice that it's him. His height is standing out and that time, there are also a lot of teenagers that's visiting the tower like them. Some might be one of their fans.

"Now what?" Yeonhee said when he gave the locks to Chanyeol. He didn't answer and pulled her near the other locks at the fence instead.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f336b644c557061496c34515f56673d3d2d3435323430363735392e313531313835373038333039313139653530343631303638383233322e6a7067

Chanyeol started doodling something on the locks and after, he intertwined the yellow lock on the pink lock's shackle. He again dragged down his face mask as he smile at her while showing what he wrote on the locks.

*Plays Beautiful by Baekhyun* *u*<3

The lock where the other was intertwined has a "박찬이" on it and a half heart at the edge. He put the other lock at the side of it and a heart was formed. The other lock has her name--she knows that it's hers because, they obviously call her "인천때".

"What the... I'm Incheon-ttae until here?" She cringed at the locks while looking at the name Incheon-ttae.

"Yah... that's what you noticed? You must look here, this!" Chanyeol pointed the heart and their name. "This is more important. Aish, you ruined the mood." He rudely took back his hands and the locks and lock it to the fence. He also threw the keys.

"Is that how you do the locks? Ahhhh." She thought and gave a nod while watching Chanyeol do those.

Chanyeol looked back at her with a serious expression on his face. She scrunched her eye brows together as Chanyeol slowly walks towards her, then grabs her shoulders quickly.

Her shoulders shrugged up and her eyes went round. She can't even lift eyes up to look at Chanyeol.

She heard Chanyeol heaved a very deep sigh. "Ji Yeonhee." He started and that also made Yeonhee's heartbeat to drum faster.

"What the. What's this? W-why am I nervous? OMO! I'm sure I am blushing!" She shut eyes closed as she lowered her head.

"I know... I k-know that I already asked you for a date like this back then but..." He took another deep breath. "Why am I even nervous. I just have to tell it to her this one time, then everything will be okay from now on. Alright." He again took a deep breath. "I... I wasn't able to tell something to you back then and I'm gonna tell it now. Right now. Yeonhee, I actually want--"

"I TOLD YOU IT'S PARK CHANYEOL!"

"OMONA! IT IS CHANYEOL!"

"OPPAAAAAAAAAA!"

A group of jumping female students--about five of them-- started to run towards their direction. Good thing, Yeonhee is facing opposite to where the students are so he immediately grabbed her by the hand and pulled her away from that spot.

~*~*~*~

I thought I'll be able to post that edited picture on this chapter! xD And I have to change the chapter name, hahaha!

AND I'M SORRY, I know this story looks like it's just narrating what's happening and a bit, I mean, a pinch of feels. It might sound boring already, I'm sorry ^^

Because Exo next door is a drama, I'm trying to stick this story with that concept. Actually I planned to make this story in a script style while just stating the actions. And I think I still can't do an english story with a nice narration just like how actual books looks like. *_*

BUT STILL, I want to thank all of you who's still reading this story up to here. I know I have a lot of error on my grammar and I am open for writing suggestions and corrections *u* I will highly appreciate it :D

BOW.

P.s.: I think I made Chanyeol act too cheesy?