Episode 2: Another Misfortune

EXO Next Door + 2

YEONHEE sighed upon checking her phone, seeing no new messages. It's already three in the afternoon.

"Aren't he going to make me clean their house today?" She looked outside her room's window to check if anyone opened the living room's curtain. It is still closed. "We still haven't cleaned everything yesterday because of the sudden party. I wonder if everything's okay?"

She remembered the news that she heard from Chanyeol.

Flashback

"I'm... I'm sorry. Chan-i."

"No. You don't need to say sorry. You are right. That letter thing is so childish and I should've just bring the necklace with me because the bad luck is no joke. It is real because unfortunate things keep on happening to me. To our group."

SHE touched the pendant. "But still, I can't understand why he refused to take the necklace from me." She said, thinking deeply for a reason when her mother called from downstairs.

"Yah, Yeonhee! Go down and I have to tell you something!"

"Aish. I'M STUDYING!"

"LIAR! YOU'RE JUST USING YOUR HAND PHONE FOR AN I-DON'T-KNOW REASON, HURRY AND GO DOWN HERE!"

"What theㅡ" she looked around her room. "Did she installed CCTV in my room?"

"AH, GO DOWN QUICKLY!"

"EYY, I GET IT!"

At their living room, she saw her mom watching TV with cleaning materials beside her on the sofa. "Clean the neighbor's house."

"Huh? Who told you?" she questioned when, the guys can just leave a message directly to her.

"The ugly guys." Her mother answered, not looking away from the TV. Seconds have passed, her mother did not hear any movement from Yeonhee so she looked at her. "Yah, hurry! Do as you're told. You aren't really studying for finals and you're living for free when it shouldn't be. Pay rentㅡ"

"I get it, I get it. I will clean." She rudely picked up the cleaning materials.

"There's no one on that house." Her mom said, who's eyes on the TV again.

"Huh?"

Her mom looked back at her. "I said no one's on that house now! Clean properly. You will be payed. And if they arrive while you're still cleaning, just continue cleaning and don't mind themㅡ"

"Ey, I already know that." She said and left their house.

Outside, she saw Gwangsu practicing karate beside his tent.

"Gwangsu-ya." She called.

"I'm practicing can't you see? Waaaaaaa-iya! Watta! Watta! Iya!" He said while posing some chopping hand stunts over the red martial arts post.

"Did Sehun told you something unusual?" she asked. Making Gwangsu look at her and stood normally.

"Why?!"

"Huh? N-nothing! I just want to know."

"Hmmn." He crossed his arms and went near Yeonhee.

He slowly shook his head. "I can't tell you directly but..."

"What?" She got her face closer to Gwangsu's.

"Hmmn." He touched his chin. "Let's just say that, they need to go back to their planet for a while."

Heol.

She deadpanned upon hearing that from Gwangsu. She left his brother and went to the neighbor's house to clean.

"There's really no one in here." She spoke to herself after entering EXO's house. "It's just like what happened last six months." She smiled.

The boxes of pizza and chicken were still at the living room's center table. Also, a lot of paper cups were scattered all over the place. Both, empty and some, still have coke leftovers inside.

"Eish. What can I expect from them? Boys will be boys. They left so early and didn't even had the time to at least, clean these things out." She said.

Her conversation with Chanyeol flashed on her mind. The issue. Their new problem. They still have injured members like Xiumin who still have bandages on his left foot. Kai and Sehun who's still recovering but doing fine last night. Maybe it was because of that. She also felt sad for the boys for what happened. She touched the necklace and took a deep breath.

"Ja! I will thoroughly clean this house that it will be banjjak, banjjak! (Sparkling) so it will make them feel better!"

EARLIER, the van containing members, Kai, Sehun, Suho, Baekhyun, D.O. and Chanyeol were on their way back to their house. They had an urgent meeting early in the morning about Tao's departure.

All of them were quiet, still recovering from all of their emotions about Tao's departure and some changes that will happen for their group's schedules. They were also told that their group might be put on hiatus and focus on member's individual activities instead for the mean time.

They were driving through the wide highway when suddenly, a blasting sound was heard by them, following a screeching sound from their car. They suddenly got alarmed and grabbed something that will keep them from their places. The van made a drift that made them dizzy hearing only voices who's in pain and sound of falling broken glasses.

Chanyeol uncovered himself from his arms, seeing some of his co-members, laying here and there.

"Help here! Kai's leg was stuck! What should we do?!" Sehun cried while trying to assist Kai who's grunting from pain. They were both in the front seat.

"Baekhyun-ah! Baekhyun!" D.O. and Suho were trying to wake Baekhyun up. They have scratches on their faces and torn clothes, too.

"Aaaaaag!" Baekhyun screamed as soon as he came back from his senses. "MY ARM!" He tried to hold his right arm that is in painas he cries.

"Hold on Baekhyun, help is coming. Stay still." D.O. tried to calm him down as he continue to cry in pain.

Suho tried to open the car door and it did. The driver was already outside, calling for help. Suho also did the same.

Chanyeol had nothing. He doesn't have torn clothes nor a single scratch anywhere. What he only have is guilt. That all of these were happening because of him.

YEONHEE suddenly stood up. She saw that the sky was already dark, realizing she fell asleep on the table while cleaning Chanyeol's room. She checked her hand phone to see that it was already 7:34 in the evening.

"Oh no. I've fallen asleep when I shouldn't be." She said then immediately stood up and get out of the room.

She packed the cleaning materials and left the house. Upon closing the door, she heard a car engine that stopped. She faced her back seeing D.O. and Suho while getting out of the car.

She readied herself to brightly greet them when she noticed bandages on their faces. Her face's expression droped when she saw D.O. and Suho helping Baekhyun to get out of the car, with an arm cast on him.

"What the?" She quickly ran to them.

"Yeonhee-ssi, why are you still outside? It's already dark." D.O. said upon seeing her.

"W-what happened to you guys? What happened?" she worriedly asked.

Baekhyun gave her a smile and patted her head using his left hand. "Kkaebsong~" he playfully said.

"Huh?" she reacted. She doesn't know what that means.

"We had a car accident this morning when we're on our way home." Suho explained.

She tried to peek inside the van and found no one there aside from the driver.

"H-how about... Chanyeol?"

Suho gave a sighㅡthat made her feel so worried. "He's at the hospitalㅡ"

"WHAT?! Hospital?! What hospital?! I will go to him now!" She shaked Suho and D.O. while asking.

"N-no, it's not what you think. Luckily Chanyeol is alright. He doesn't have any injury. He and Sehun volunteered to stay with Kai until the others and some managers arrives." D.O. explained.

"Don't worry, Incheon-ttae. I won't be able to go home now if it is really serious. But I have to wear this just to make sure. We just have to take a rest." Baekhyun smiled at her again and asked them to go inside the house first.

AT THE hospital, Chanyeol and Sehun were looking down at Kai, who's laying at the hospital bed. His right leg were covered again with bandages and a cast and needs to be hanged to avoid any movement.

The doctor came in and explained, "his recent injury weren't still that well. Adding up to it that it was triggered when his leg got stucked. He have to stay at the hospital for a few more days."

Chanyeol was feeling guilty for all of these. He's blaming himself, especially, he did not even get a single scratch. He doesn't know how did that happened.

Without a word, he left the room. Sehun watched him while going out. He let out a sigh. "He's probably blaming himself again when he should not. Our van that time is the one who have a bullet proof back window glasses that's why it did not break. He doesn't know how thankful we are that nothing happened to him." He again sighed.

OUTSIDE Kai's hospital room, Chanyeol waited and sat down at the benches. Confused of what to do. Thinking what he should do because, it seemed like the necklace is only protecting him. Unlike his own necklace who brings luck to all of them.

"Granpa... what should I do? How will it work for all of us instead of protecting just me?" he voiced out to himself.

He suddenly faced his left when he felt that someone's walking towards him. It was Xiumin and Lay, with their managers.

"Hyung, you should be taking a rest." He said to Xiumin who's quite limping while approaching him. Xiumin immediately took a look inside the room.

"How's Kai? Is he awake already?" Xiumin asked not minding his question.

"Also Baekhyun? We heard that he hurted his arm. Is he okay?" Lay asked next.

"T-the doctor said that Kai should stay here for few more days. Baekhyun, after checking him, it's a relief that it's really not that serious. Though he's wearing an arm cast just to be sure. The doctor said he can remove it after 2 or 3 days." Chanyeol explained.

Xiumin patted his shoulder and asked. "How about you? Are you hurt anywhere? Suho, D.O and Sehun, too. Are you guys okay?"

Chanyeol remained silent for a moment. He's kinda shy to say that he's completely fine but the other three have scratches and wounds.

Lay suddenly hugged him. "We're glad you're okay Chanyeol."

He didn't say a thing. Xiumin invited them to go inside Kai's room. Kai's already awake but still have his back laying on the bed. He smiled at his hyungs when he saw them.

"Kai, how are you?" Xiumin asked when he sat down on a chair beside the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Well, I'm just glad that everyone is alive. I'm sorry that I got an injury again. I'll recover fast so that we can perform again." He cheerfully said to avoid his co-members from feeling worried.

"Don't force yourself, Kai." Lay commented and smiled at him.

"Also... I don't know if I can say this. Suho should but, since I'm the eldest here, I think I will announce it first to you." Xiumin said, gathering all of their attention.

"What is it, hyung?" Sehun worriedly asked.

"I also think this will be the best for all of us now." Xiumin added.

"Xiumin-hyung. Did the company finally made a decision?" Kai asked.

"Mmm." He nodded and paused for a moment. The other four was intensly waiting. "Our group... EXO will now be..."

~*~*~*~*~*~

A little cliffhanger 😂

So, hello! This is the second episode/ chapter ^^ and I hope it's still going fine.

I'm quite afraid for this fanfic since, I've read about some fans who doesn't want this drama at all 😅 I was surprised to know that there are fans who don't like this drama. Some says it's so cliche and the drama doesn't have a point or smething like that and they're just using EXO for promoting, etc.

ANYWAYS, despite of that little discouragement that I felt after knowing those, I still wanna continue this 😅 I'm actually writing to let out my thoughts and imaginations, and just wanna share it through here. I consider it a bonus if someone actually starts reading the stories that I've wrote and starts liking them :)

Thanks for reading up to here, BTW :)

BOW.