Episode 1: Hello, Goodbye

EXO Next Door + 2

THE doorbell rang. Seconds just passed when it opened and Yeonhee was greeted by the delivery boy.

"Just leave it here, please." She said while pointing beside her inside the doorstep.

"That is 200,000 won." He said and offered the receipt.

"Eh? T-two hundred thousand w-won?" Surprised, she accepted the receipt to double check the price. Her eyes almost pop out and fall into the receipt. (8000php/about 160USD)

"Are you going to pay cash, thru card or mobile bank?"

"H-huh?" She looked at the delivery boy with confused expression. "Uhh... Thru c-card, please. Here," she gave the card. The delivery guy seemed surprised upon seeing the black card. After he swiped it on a card-swipe device, he returned it back to her and bid goodbye.

"Yah, Incheon-ttae! Did he already left, huh?" Baekhyun suddenly appeared from her back, then excitedly lifted four boxes of pizza then left her to bring it inside.

"Ohh, Incheon-ttae. Thank you for receiving the order for us." Suho popped out next behind her and tapped her shoulder.

"Oh? Uhh, that's nothing. Uhm, here," she returned the card to Suho who's smiling at her.

Chen also approached them smiling happily before he lifted two boxes of chicken, followed by Kai who picked up 4 bottles of cola in a liter.

"Noona hurry, let's go inside to eat!" Kai said and she was dragged inside by Suho.

She still can't grasp the fact that they will be eating 200,000 won worth of food. And she'll be eating and chicken-and-pizza partying with EXO tonight.

They started eating as soon as the foods arrived at the living room. Eating like they haven't eaten anything for six months. Chen served the pizza and chicken to them. Even filling their cups with cola.

"Yaahhh, as expected, Suho hyung's card is the best! Shing! Shing! Shing!" Sehun said while acting like swiping a card in the air. They laughed and cheered for Suho.

"Yah! This is just for today since our promotions are successful. Guys, eat a lot and let's prepare for our next concert schedules okay? And let's all be healthy! EXOㅡ"

"SARANGHAJA!" they shouted with high-spirits and continue to eat.

"Yah, Incheon-ttae," Yeonhee looked up to see Sehun holding a plate with slices of pizza and some pieces of chicken. "Is Gwangsu at your house?"

"Huh? Uhh. Yes. H-he's at his tent."

"Really? Okay! I'll visit him and you eat a lot here okay?" he happily said before leaving.

D.O. noticed Yeonhee sitting at the corner while watching them with a smile on her face. He remembered what happened a while ago, the moment they met Yeonhee again.

Flashback

"Annyeong, Incheon-ttae." They said in chorus. They saw how surprised Yeonhee was while looking at the five of them.

"Annyeong, Incheon-ttae," Chanyeol especially greeted her and Yeonhee begun smiling. The next thing they knew, Chanyeol was now hugging Yeonhee, saying nothing but it's like you can hear their smiles.

"Whoahow!" The others teased upon seeing what Chanyeol did.

D.O. faced his left when Baekhyun lightly elbowed him and slightly his back.

He wriggled his shoulder and glared at Baekhyun. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing. Hehe," he just playfully smiled at D.O.

AFTER reminiscing, he looked back at Yeonhee who's still eating a big slice of pizza while looking at the others, still smiling and giggling because of Chanyeol and Baekhyun, making fun of Suho's 'magical card'.

He picked up a paper cup full of cola and approached Yeonhee. He offered it to her and smiled when she looked at the cup, next, to him.

"Ohh, thank you." Yeonhee held the cup and sip into it. "Whoa, this is refreshing." She said while facing D.O. and gave another smile.

D.O. sat beside her with a casual smile. "How have you been, Yeonhee-ssi?"

"Hmmn... I-I'm doing fine. I'm currently studying for our finals." She answered, suddenly feeling shy about D.O. asking her naturally.

She thought to herself. "Why do I suddenly feel awkward? Ah. That's right. Maybe because we haven't talked for six months. That's right, that's right." She felt her cheeks get hot. "Oh no! Am I blushing now?"

"Hmmn." D.O. nodded a couple of times upon hearing Yeonhee's answer and looked at somewhere else aside from Yeonhee after.

"Seriously? Why does he look awkward too? Omo. Should I also ask something?" she again thought.

"A-ahh... How about you? H-how's everything with your groupㅡ"

"It's still a mess." They both look at where that voice came from. It's from Chanyeol.

He approached them while walking with both of his hands on his pocket. "It's because of you. In-cheon-ttae."

"Huh? Why me?!" She stood up to face Chanyeolㅡeven if he's waayyy taller than her. She was looking up. "Why are you blaming me, huh? Why, why, why?!" She added, trying to get her face closer to Chanyeol. But she can't. Height difference.

Chanyeol pointed his index finger on Yeonhee's forehead and used it to push her face away. Yeonhee shoved his hand immediately.

"You did not send back a letter." He said and stick his point finger up. "Not even onceㅡ"

"What are you talking about? I was messaging you! You are the one who did not keep his promise, psh!"

D.O., just watched the two argue in front of him. He gave a sigh. Looking nowhere specific at the middle of the two.

"Are you stupid? I clearly mentioned it on the letter!"

"Who's stupid?! Me? Huh! I can't believe this childish guy who's in front of me." She said and crossed her arms. "Who will send a letter when there's e-mail and instant messages?" she added and looked away at Chanyeol. Chanyeol did the same.

"Yah. Stop it you two, before the others see you. You might ruin their good mood." D.O. said while exchanging looks with the two. Chanyeol quickly took a glance at Yeonhee before leaving them and went upstairs.

Suho noticed Chanyeol and traced where he was before walking out. He went to Yeonhee and D.O., who's telling her to sit down again.

"Is there any problem?" Suho asked.

D.O. shook his head. "Nothing, hyung."

"Is that so?" Suho said then sat next to Yeonhee, making her the one who's in between him and D.O.

"Whoa, our Incheon-ttae." He, again tapped her in the shoulder. His hand is heavy, though.

"The first and last time we saw each other was during the photoshoot and I didn't have a chance to talk to you back then. I'd like to thank you for taking care of these four dorks."

"Whoa. Why is he talking like he's their mother?" Yeonhee, thought.

"I know they cause so much trouble but without you, there will be bigger trouble."

"Suho-hyung, what are you talking about?" D.O. said, opposing to what Suho stated about them four. Suho just laughed at D.O.

"Uhm, d-did something happened?" she asked, gaining back their attention. "He looked grumpy again. Chanyeol. Is there any problem? And why is he blaming me? When I did not do anything."

"Well, Yeonhee-ssi." D.O. started to explain. "As what you've heard, we did successfully end our promotions for our new song. But, since then, members keep on having injuries and accidents. Schedule conflicts that we have to travel from here to there. Despite of our good mood today, at the back of our minds, we're also worrying about one of our members."

After hearing it from D.O., Yeonhee looked at the others. She started mentally counting. "One, D.O. Two, Suho. Three, grumpy Chanyeol. Four, cheerful Baekhyun. Five, Sehun who bring food to Gwangsu. Six, Chen who's serving food to others. Seven, Kai who's playing with eight, Xiumin on X-box. Nine, Lay who calmly eats and enjoys his food on the center table." She looked back at the two.

"He doesn't go with us anymore. After shooting abroad and finishing the promotions, he filed a lawsuit against our entertainment and we're afraid we might loose another member. Another brother." Suho added, with a downhearted tone.

The three of them felt a bit sad after telling the real story and listening to each other.

Yeonhee thought about the necklace. Chanyeol left it to her when they left six months ago. She wasn't able to send back a letter because there is no address provided. Instead, she tried to continue reaching out to him thru e-mails and text messages. Sometimes, trying to call but it's always out of coverage area.

She had an idea that it might still save them once Chanyeol had her necklace so, she thought of letting him have it for good.

"E-excuse me for a moment." She stood up and went upstairs.

She knocked on Chanyeol's door but he isn't answering. She tried to pull the door knob down and the door opened.

"Ch-Chan-i..." she called. He saw Chanyeol's back. He's facing the table, looking downwards while holding something up to his belly.

"I... I really tried to send messages. I can't send an actual letter because, I don't know the address where you will stay. I don't know your company's address too. I should have just researched it on the internet. S-sorry." She sighed.

"I also heard it from D.O. and Suho. You went abroad right? I should be updated that time but I only focused on waiting for your response. You could have just taken the necklace with you."

She removed the necklace from her neck and placed it on her palm. "Take it now. Take it while we still have time." She added.

Chanyeol gave a deep sigh. He put down his phone on the table in front of him and faced her with a blank expression on his face.

"It's too late. It's over now. H-he... already left." He said that gave Yeonhee a surprise. She covered her lips and her brows curled up. It's already late to help saving him from these unfortunate happenings. She is late.

"I'm... I'm sorry. Chan-i." She said, heavyhearted.

On Chanyeol's phone was a headline saying their member Tao, officially left as one of EXO's member, following an article about his filed lawsuit case for their entertainment.

Downstairs, the others doesn't have any idea yet since, they are enjoying themselves with each other's company and the food they've been longing to eat.

On the neighbor, inside Gwangsu's tent, Gwangsu was patting Sehun's back.

"Hyung," he continues to pat Sehun's back and gave a light sigh.

"Ahh. This is so sad." Sehun said while covering his eyes with his palm. "What are we going to do now? What will other people say? What will our fans say?"

"Hyung." Gwangsu hugged him from his side.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope you can give this fanfic a lot of love and show interest! :D thank you!

BOW.